PDA

View Full Version : Some help needed with NBA 2K8 for PS3?

netscape check two
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I recently got NBA 2K8 for PS3. I like the game so far, but there are some things that are kinda annoying me. It seems like it's more difficult to dunk the ball this year, than with previous versions? I'm not saying I won't to see tons of dunks per game, like has been the case with some basketball games in the past(especially NBA Live). But my players never seem to try to dunk the ball when they are close to the basket, unless they are wide open? And my players have been missing a lot of close shots. Some of the time, they just seem to throw up some wild looking layup. lol I tweaked some of the sliders, to try and get my players to attemp more dunks, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any tips on getting my players to try to attempt more dunks? I use the square button to shoot. Is it better to be using the right analog stick to shoot instead? I'll post some more issues I have with the game later.

HANZO
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
thats jus the games realism i guess, i played it on the 360 and that was the main difference i saw between 2k7 and 2k8. in 2k7 you can start your lay up and jus magically run through or over players. in 2k8 if theres a player infront of you, its hard to start a proper lay up or go for the dunk. it does make the game really hard and after playing it for a while instead of it feeling like playing an nba game it felt more like a european game. i jus resorted to taking long jumpers or three's.

i think it makes the game better though, cause in 2k7 i would just run and gun, and dunk on every offense. with 2k8 you have to think about attacking and you cant jus repeat the same tactics over and over again. but i think that they have gone over the top abit, cause the only dunks i got when i played were on fast breaks.

TrueDciple
11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I have 2k8 for 360 and i really dont have a problem with dunks, i have more problems with lay ups, but i been dunkin in motherfuclers head, and not with just the nba superstars but with regular motherfuckers. :mexico:

netscape check two
11-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I'm glad there's not a dunk on like every offensive play. I agree with you though that I think they went too much the other way. It's not realistic for players to be missing so many close shots, and throwing up some crazy looking lay ups. lol I'm going to tweak the sliders some more. I think they made the computer too good this season.. even in Rookie Mode, they make a lot of shots. lol

Another problem I have now is refs aren't calling intentional fouls? lol In the last couple games I played, they were close games. I tried to intentionally foul the computer player with the ball. Though, the ref never called a foul. Once you grab the player, he drops the ball after a little time, and then you can try to pick it up quick before he does. I found out that it's a glitch in the game. Somebody told me that I can delete the settings from the game, and then restart. The settings usually get saved automaticaly every so often through the Auto Save feature in the game. I'll have to see if that helps. There is apparently a patch out for this problem(to download), and also for other problems in the game.

I'm not sure what the graphics are like on the 360 version. The graphics are good on the PS3 version. Though, some of the player faces look weird, especially the white players. Nash's face looks like it was photoshopped, and some of the guy's faces look like cavemen close up. lol

TrueDciple
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure what the graphics are like on the 360 version. The graphics are good on the PS3 version. Though, some of the player faces look weird, especially the white players. Nash's face looks like it was photoshopped, and some of the guy's faces look like cavemen close up. lol

jA ja! in my 360 version...Nate Robinson look more like Tracy Morgan and Gilbert Arenas doesnt look like him, but some other players do look like them self. Its crazy

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-04-2007, 10:41 PM
is there a version of the game available 4 PC?