PDA

View Full Version : Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab

Pages : [1] 2

Oztradamus
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Upon 1st listen, it already sounds better than 8 Diagrams :hooray:

Ghostface never disappoints..

01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
02 Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers [ft. Beanie Sigel and Solomon Childs] no Styles P. on it!
03 Yolanda's House [ft. Raekwon and Method Man]
04 We Celebrate [ft. Kid Capri]
05 Walk Around
06 Yapp City [ft. Trife Da God, Solomon Childs and Sun God]
07 White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) [ft. Shawn Wigs]
08 Supa GFK
09 Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God]
10 Skit - The Prayer [performed by Ox]
11 I'll Die for You
12 Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna]
13 Skit - ! [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
14 Shakey Dog Starring Lolita [ft. Raekwon]
15 Killa Lipstick [ft. Method Man and Masta Killa]
16 Slow Down [ft. Chrisette Michele]

bocs
11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
yea man this album shits on 8 diagrams
ghost has it together.

Vegan
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
fuck that, no where near as good as 8d, but it is better than more fish and fishcale.

Megaman
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Damn... this shit is pretty nice... i am on that track with Rae and U-God and i have liked all the tracks i heard so far.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
http://music.defjam.com/www2/av_player/AVPlayer.php?av_product_id=2577&av_asset_id=12340&av_link_group_id=52&av_type_id=1&cms_site_id=1

Listening to it on the website^ It sounds good so far.

Revengahit
11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
slow down -nice track

johhnyblaze
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
A solid Album, but for some reason it feels incomplete. It's good all around; but it just doesn't have that Ironman or Supreme Clientele feel. 4/5 for now. Maybe it'll grow on me.

inditing dane
11-27-2007, 07:25 PM
it's your typical soulfull ghost joint, no surprises. it's a very repetitive though. I felt like i already heard the album the first time i listened to it. Im a huge fan of Ghost, but i feel like he lost it a bit some way. I know this is the music he loves to do and i respect that, and i respect that Def Jam let him do his thing. But i just feel like Ghost should do much better, he should be making classics, maybe he should wait a couple of years between his projects, this sounds so rushed. and who produced it? it doesnt sound he had a budget to make this album, it sounds like one guy did the whole thing...
im not surprised, cous i knew it would be something like this. it's just another Ghostface album, in the vein of everything else he has done since Supreme Clientele. it's a pretty good joint, with some bangers, some decents shit and some garbage. Theres only 13 tracks, and 3 or 4 of them are wack. it's on par with Pretty Tony and BPW, better than More Fish, but far from Fishscale, and worlds from Supreme Clientele and Ironman.

The people on here saying it's much better than 8 diagrams is fucking nuts! productionwise the shit is aight, but very repititive, and i think i'll become bored with it pretty quick. I felt like i've heard a lot of the beats before, for me the album is saved by the featurings, which is fucking nice. But seriously, 8 Diagrams is music on a whole other level. But hey, to each his own...

crust
11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.athleticsalberta.com/UserFiles/Image/approved_black.GIF

Deity Allah
11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm I the only one getting gitty like a lil' bitch every time I hear my nigga Solomon Childs appears on a track on this is album!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
its just a plan solid dope album

Deity Allah
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Lol, at this nigga taking the Supaman luva beat as well as this nod factor joint at the same time.

Jin10304
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM
where have I heard that beat before on Killa Lipstick

One and Only
11-27-2007, 11:09 PM
It's not better than Fishscale I don't think and def not better then 8D. I'm almost done with it for the first time. It's only on the internet, not that great of quality, edited, in headphones. I can't really give that solid of a verdict yet.

Deity Allah
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM

E.P.M.D. please listen to my demo.

I wonder why Styles didn't make the Lp? When I cop the album i'll make sure to keep the original with him on it.

It's too early to tell, but this might be his 3rd best album. No complaints other than he stay jackin' other nigga beats, but he does them justice so I can't be too mad about that.

One of my favorites of the year so far :spin:

CuzinBilly
11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
im on up to track 5 an so far don't see wat all the fuss is about its decent at best...so far

CuzinBilly
11-28-2007, 12:56 AM
im on rec room theraphy still havent heard anything better than 8d on this..not hatin ghost is my favorite mc if anything its as good as more fish..if even that..these beats aint all that

Punch
11-28-2007, 01:58 AM
This is a dope ass album. Walk Around, Paisley Darts, Yolanda's House are all great songs.

GhettoGnom
11-28-2007, 06:07 AM
Good album, nothing special. Not close to 8D

Ghost Deini
11-28-2007, 06:16 AM
iunno about niggas calling this a classic n all that shit but...definitely a nice album in my opinion. Ghost and the clan are always coming correct (not to mention these other niggas on the album like Beans and Solomon Childs) but I also really like the feel of most of the production. Real chill, smooth shit. Yolanda's House, Killa Lipstick and Rec-Room Therapy are ILL among plenty others that I can't remember right now.

Haven't heard 8D yet but doesn't really matter, just a nice album on it's own.

EDIT: Just heard that last joint with the girl singing on it, shit is nice too :thumbup:

Vegan
11-28-2007, 06:39 AM
that's cool that def jam put it up like that. i won't have to dl it, and will just buy it on the release date.

Erquel
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
ghostface put out muthafucking great record!
Album has class, chilled out, funky feeling all over it.
These types of beats fit Ghost perfectly. I can say that Ghostface is the best rapper in the game in picking beats for his albumbs.
All features are perfectly classic. Lots of fire from Meth.
But i guess the most important thing about this album is that Ghost is slowly going back to PERFECT WU-TANG DUO FORMULA. Joints with Rae remind me of Ironman so badly, that i'm gonna say that we should wait for OBFCL2 and be ready to hear looooots of Ghost feature.
The only part the formula misses is RZA. I really hope that they sort all shit between them out and realize that they need to do one more PunchYouInTheFace/CuttingHeadsOff/Guiliotine/OBFCL type of shit.

UPD: btw,this shit has lots of replay value! It sounds so ol skool and original at the same time

UPD2: As far as comparing it to 8 diagrams, i think that we shouldn't compare these two albums.

Hellspawn
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Typical Ghost album with soulful joints and shit. dope except that track with Kid Capri, the kid gave me a monster headache with his screams.

Soldier of Darkness
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
02 Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers [ft. Beanie Sigel and Solomon Childs] no Styles P. on it!

/stops caring about BDR

Oookay.... who got dat OB4CL2?

Fright
11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
i like this album!

Soldier of Darkness
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Good album, nothing special. Not close to 8D

Look what comes up when you Google "GhettoGnom"

uh uh uh

Munich`s finest
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
nice, i hope ghost tkes the style like back in the times of supreme clientel and iron man... i still listen to this albums almost everyday..
More fish is also very audiolicious.. just fishscale and Pretty Toney album couldn`t touch it.

Chris
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Liking these reviews so far, I'm gonna give this a listen at work tonight.

the_57th_don
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Anyone got any idea of the production credits on this.... any big names? doom, dilla, Madlib ETC

11-28-2007, 05:59 PM

same sample from a black moon joint, on the "Enta da stage" album.

anyway, BDR is a dope album, for today's standards in hip hop...
I'm actually feelin about 3 joints, wich is a lot comin from me..
overall nice shit, it lacks its own strong personality, buth def worth bumpin.

p.e.a.c.e.

Ghost Deini
11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
same sample from a black moon joint, on the "Enta da stage" album.

anyway, BDR is a dope album, for today's standards in hip hop...
I'm actually feelin about 3 joints, wich is a lot comin from me..
overall nice shit, it lacks its own strong personality, buth def worth bumpin.

p.e.a.c.e.

Actually he probably heard it on "Please Listen To My Demo" from EPMD...

Got the dirty retail leak today, shit sounds twice as good, dope album..

djskillz
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm liking the album so far. Gonna cop when I have time.

INS
11-28-2007, 07:50 PM
It's good, it's just boring me a bit.

I liked 8D because it was different.

tical2000
11-29-2007, 01:08 AM
BIG DOE REHAB has alot of wu bangers on it........4 tracks with RAEKWON.....

.....I am liking this album alot, more so than FISHSCALE

"REC ROOM"is a fuckin dope

LiquidSwords32
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm I the only one getting gitty like a lil' bitch every time I hear my nigga Solomon Childs appears on a track on this is album!

NO YOUR NOT.......
so far this cd is pretty damn good. really, i'm impressed with the choice of beats Ghost picks. definatly will be picking this up. Ghost keeps striking. its good to see a big record company like def jam with faith in him........

bad boy T
11-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Shit looks pretty good

num2son
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
1. At The Cabana (Skit)
2. Toney Sigel a.k.a. The Barrel Brothers (feat. Beanie Sigel) (8/10)
3. Yolanda's House (feat. Raekwon & Method Man) (7/10)
4. We Celebrate (feat. Kid Capri) (5.5/10) (Sound something like Upredictable on 8D)
5. Walk Around (9/10)
6. Yapp City (feat. Trife Da God & Sun God) (8.5/10)
7. White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) (feat. Shawn Wigs) (7/10)
8. Supa GFK (6.5/10)
9. Rec-Room Therapy (feat. Raekwon & U-God) (8/10)
10. The Prayer (Performed by Ox)
11. I'll Die For You (7.5/10)
12. Paisley Darts (feat. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man & Cappadonna) (8/10)
13. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita (feat. Raekwon) (8/10)
14. !
15. Killa Lipstick (feat. Method Man & Masta Killa) (Bonus Track) (3.5/10)
16. Slow Down (feat. Chrisette Michele) (Bonus Track) (7.5/10)

Overall: 7/10, not feeling it much.

WUHEADSINCE93
11-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Great album no question,I'm very happy with the WU this year.I would be even better if RZA drops that CUBAN LINX 2...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
4. We Celebrate (feat. Kid Capri) (5.5/10) (Sound something like Upredictable on 8D)

HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS SOUND LIKE Unpredictable??????????? Please explain

num2son
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS SOUND LIKE Unpredictable??????????? Please explain

That sound in back (Not in the chorus) sounds like, but not exactly to that guitar sound on Unpredictable. I found it annoying.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
maybe it's annoying to you, but it fucking ain't similar to that shit...

num2son
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
maybe it's annoying to you, but it fucking ain't similar to that shit...
Word, respect

Just my opinion

2L8Lit da croatianMC
11-29-2007, 01:10 PM
yo i didnt even know this shit was out... can someone upload it on rapidshare?

whitey
11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
^ha 1,731 posts and you ask that?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Word, respect

Just my opinion

no, hate, I just feel that way, cuz I like Unpredictable, but I don't like We Celebrate that much...

I heard BDR, it's damn good...another dope Ghost album i c

2L8Lit da croatianMC
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
^ha 1,731 posts and you ask that?

well yeah, what's up with the number of my posts? i didnt know the album is out already...

singodsuperior
11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
The album sounded like he hurried up and made in which he most likely did. Its no where near fishscale.

wuswordz95
11-29-2007, 11:21 PM
ILL buy the album on the 4th.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-30-2007, 12:03 AM
The people on here saying it's much better than 8 diagrams is fucking nuts! production wise the shit is aight, but very repititive, and i think i'll become bored with it pretty quick. I felt like i've heard a lot of the beats before, for me the album is saved by the featurings, which is fucking nice. But seriously, 8 Diagrams is music on a whole other level. But hey, to each his own...

8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others through not just lyrics but the sound and the sound is five years ahead of what cats are doing right now prolly even 10 years ahead beat wise i give RZA allot credit and the generals don't see what RZA see's because they don't make beats nah mean theres a different mind set when your producing a beat son you go through different mental atmospheres and this what RZA did with the Afro Samurai sound track which was almost a prelude to 8 Diagrams i bet yall ain't even peep the afro and kill bill samples in there

LiquidWordz
11-30-2007, 03:38 AM
killa lipstick sample was also used on the outro to word..life (O.C.)

famenchuan
11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
got my copy of this yesterday at the cop shop. This is a really good album. Only track I did not like is the one with wigs.

ill-literate
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
pretty good especially considering how much time ghosts making these albums in. Can't say if its better than 8d. This is better than more fish, possibly better than fishscale but i'd say about the same, i'd give it like a 8 out of 10

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
This is a really good album. Only track I did not like is the one with wigs.

yeah, that one should've avoided the retail....it's like what Hello Brooklyn 2.0 is to American Gangster album...

num2son
11-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the song "walk around" is the best song on the album.

LONECUBS
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
rec room is dope but the rest aint

Soldier of Darkness
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others

obviously you never heard the El Michels Affair shit where they recreate like 10 CLASSIC wu songs with a 4-piece jazz ensemble... They managed to do it just fine with the older, grimier beats... rendering your argument worthless.

8D's beats = :(W

i'm still trying to figure out how anyone likes the "Take It Back" beat... that shit is straight-up boring, what a waste of album space.

Exodus
11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I was sort of let down by 8 Diagrams, so I put off listening to this for a long time

I'm about half-way through and good fucking god this album is fire

I'll edit this later when I've finished it

EDIT: just listened through it for the second time -

1) *skit*

2) Toney Sigel - 9/10 *should have been a Ghost solo; would've gotten 10/10. I love this beat

3) Yolanda's House - 8/10 *I really should have given this a lower score, but I can tell this will be a song that really grows on me

4) We Celebrate - 6/10 *this one I just didn't like

5) Walk Around - 10/10 *One of the best on the album

6) Yapp City - 10/10 *Ghost's verse is just insane and catapults this to 10/10 on it's strength alone

7) White Linen Affair - 9/10 *Toney won an oscar!

8) Supa GFK - 8/8 *another one that will need to grow on me

9) Rec-Room Therapy - 8.5/9 *Ghost's beat selection continues to impress me

10) The Prayer - *It might be a skit, but damn it's still good :p

11) I'll Die For You - 10/10 *was hoping for a song like this on here

12) Paisley Darts - 8.5/10 *not as impressed with it as some on here, but it's a good song

13) Shakey Dog Starring Lolita - 10/10 *going to take me a while to piece this together with the original Shakey Dog :p

14) *skit*

15) Killa Lipstick - 10/10 *aaah, I love this song

16) Slow Down - 10/10 *brilliant end to the album

this album has what Fishscale seemed to be missing that held it back from Classic status

graffitiwhat
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM

I wonder why Styles didn't make the Lp? When I cop the album i'll make sure to keep the original with him on it.

It's too early to tell, but this might be his 3rd best album. No complaints other than he stay jackin' other nigga beats, but he does them justice so I can't be too mad about that.

thats exactly what i said, his 3rd best album

claaa7
12-01-2007, 05:45 AM
a decent album, it's on par with "More Fish" i think..
3.5/5

Leo Angel
12-01-2007, 06:06 AM
can anybody PM me with the download link to BDR, please? It would be highly appreciated. I'm starving to hear this album:cool:

WallyG
12-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I wish ghost would make us miss him. He's really craving for the money. It's a solid 3.5 mic album (out of 5). Produciton wise it dont fuck with 8 Diagrams. Lyrically, ghost murders it and even the features (majority of wu members) laid down nice verses. But its NOWHERE near the quality of Pretty Tony, and yet that album even gets shitted on by most ppl. Pretty Tony is the last classic 5 mic solo album ghost dropped.

Supreme Clientele
Ironman
Pretty Tony
Fishscales
Bulletproof Wallets
Big Dough Rehab
More Fish

then u got Theodore Unit 718 and Put It On The Line with Trife The God, man this nigga just puttin out music. Props to ghost, but he needs to fuck off for a minute and make us miss him, haha

Skellington
12-02-2007, 09:58 AM
My God this is BY FAR the WORST Ghostface Killah album EVER!!!!!

I never thought I would say this...cause I liked EVERY single Ghostface album till now....but this shit is....I can't listen to this......Wu-Tang is dying no doubt.... 8 Diagrams is terrible....and now this??? What the hell is goin' on??????

ian barclay
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
the unreleased bulletproff wallets was better than this

Bucellito 136
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM
after having listened it twice i think this album is really good even it's so f

Bucellito 136
12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
after having listened it twice i think this album is really good even it's so far from Ironman
ghost kills it lyrically on most of the tracks

WallyG
12-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Big Dough Rehab is really not that great. Its just solid. Its missing some production tho. I mean ghost spits hard like never before but its just missing something. I felt Pretty Tony the day it dropped. That album has good production, front to back. Yet that album is the most love/hate ghost album, just cuz of personal tastes. Big Dough Rehab is a dissapointment because it lacks production. Even Fishscales sounded better than this shit. I dunno, i'm not really high on BDR, and i'mma save my money for 8D. Ghost just needs to fuck off for a bit...

danjahchambah
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
ill die for you is a banger yo....this album is nice.

100pr00f
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Big Dough Rehab is really not that great. Its just solid. Its missing some production tho. I mean ghost spits hard like never before but its just missing something. I felt Pretty Tony the day it dropped. That album has good production, front to back. Yet that album is the most love/hate ghost album, just cuz of personal tastes. Big Dough Rehab is a dissapointment because it lacks production. Even Fishscales sounded better than this shit. I dunno, i'm not really high on BDR, and i'mma save my money for 8D. Ghost just needs to fuck off for a bit...

i agree..thier is like 3 songs on this track that stands out..for me

i feel it could use better production
ghost is good at his verses no dubt
but dosnt bumb that much for me

Dr Zayus
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
So I've revised my opinion after a few more days of listening. Honestly, Ghost could have done a better job considering the kind of people he associates with. Let's remove RZA and Wu-Tang from the equation for a second - Pete Rock, Lewis Parker, Moss & MF Doom, four of the producers from Fishscale, could have done a much better job for Ghost than Sean C & LV did. And that's a shame, because I really enjoyed their beats on American Gangster. They produced 6 tracks here and 2 of them are just boring. Barrell Brothers & We Celebrate are ruined by the beats. Ghostface also needs to get rid of Anthony Acid, the man is talentless. No offense to Frequency, I know he posts at a few message boards and shit but dude, your beat for Snoop is head and shoulders above White Linen Affair. The beats on this album are sugar. They're incredible the first few times you hear them but progressively get less and less satisfying. I'll make exception for a few songs - Shakey Dog Starring Lolita, Paisley Darts, I'll Die For You, Slow Down, Killa Lipstick (despite being a blatant bite of EPMD) and Rec-Room Therapy are fantastic songs with solid beats. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita will eventually be one of my favourite Ghostface songs, that shit is incredible and a great follow-up to the original.

Now onto the rest - Ghostface sounds bored, that's been mentioned before. The Wu-Tang appearances are cool but would have had more impact if we didn't just get a Wu-Tang album full of these exact members - Raekwon, Meth, Masta & U-God. Raekwon and Meth, however, sound great. Sun God stepped up for the album, Trife is still good but I doubt either will ever hold down a solo album. They'll both be forever relegated to weedholder status, unfortunately. While Ghost isn't nearly as out there as he used to be the songs themselves are more of that storytelling we love.

My main gripe with this album is the recycling of beats, samples and concepts. Sometimes it sounds like Ghost is out of ideas when he does songs like Supa GFK. I don't even bother listening to that song anymore when the Redman original is obviously the better one. Ghost adds nothing by covering it. Someone on SOHH mentioned that remaking songs adds nothing, and that's true. When Ghost raps over full tracks like Wise, Holla & Black Cream that turned out well. Obviously it's not something he should do a lot and it's good to see that it hasn't happened here, but by remaking songs by other rappers he's just selling himself short.

In short, by reusing beats Ghost is giving everyone the impression that he's fresh out of ideas. This might not be the case, and I hope it's not, but it's beginning to look like Fishscale might be Ghostface's only home run since creatively splitting from RZA. This album is good, not great. It's not gonna go down as Ghost's best effort and it shouldn't because it's obvious he hasn't put in the effort needed. The first thing he needs to do is get a solid creative team. The group of producers behind Fishscale helped him put out the best album of last year, why not use them again? If Ghost is in the habit of using underground producers, Danny! and Count Bass D would be the perfect fit.

The other thing he needs to do, and this is the most important thing, is to get rid of Anthony Acid and Shawn Wigs. They're terrible.

I'd give this album a 3.25/5, leaning towards a 3. It's a good record but it's not at all consistent.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM

yeah but it isn't even a verse its the chorus i like the album version better

Soldier of Darkness
12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah but it isn't even a verse its the chorus i like the album version better

Wtf?

If you're talking about the missing Styles P shit... that's definitely a verse. And you're a retard.

If not... carry on.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Wtf?

If you're talking about the missing Styles P shit... that's definitely a verse. And you're a retard.

If not... carry on.

go check on chambermusik lyrics page and tell me that's a verse then your the retard cuz its not a verse man

Ghost Deini
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
2. Barrell Brothers - 4/5 - I actually like this beat a a lot for some reason, Solomon sounds ill on this.

3. Yolanda's House - 5/5 - Pretty much everything has to be said about this track has been. Classic Ghost & Rae storytelling and Mef is a nice addition.

4. We Celebrate - 3/5 - Not a bad track, Ghost is on some dope hype shit but Kid Capri gets old fast and the beat feels kinda generic towards the end of the track.

5. Walk Around - 4.5/5 - Not sure why but I'm really feelin' this beat, Ghost drops illness on this track.

6. Yapp City - 4/5 - Not totally feeling the beat for some reason but still not bad. Nice to hear Trife.

7. White Linen Affair - 2.5/5 - Meh..an interesting idea I guess but not really feeling this.

8. Supa GFK - 4.5/5 - Yeah re-used beat whatever whatever, I'm feeling this joint. Funny shit and Ghost is smooth as hell over this.

9. Rec-Room Therapy - 5/5 - Ill ass beat in my opinion, Ghost and Rae are nice on this and U-God comes outta nowhere and drops HEAT on this.

11. I'll Die For You - 5/5 - For some reason I didn't fully listen to this at first, and tossed it as a crappy R&B track that Ghost sometimes attempts but I was wrong. Ill ass beat and like somebody before said crazy vibe with the lyrics and everything.

12. Paisley Darts - 4.5/5 - Another nice soulful joint, dope ass guest spots on here (Trife and Cappadonna in particular)

13. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita - 5/5 - Hard to fuck with the classic Ghost + Rae combination, especially when they tellin' a story like this. But this beat, shit is ridiculous. Like it way more than the first Shakey Dog, ill shit.

15. Killa Lipstick - 5/5 - One of my favorite beats of all time. Re-used but ain't a big deal when it's done right as it is here. Dope chorus from Meth too.

16. Slow Down - 5/5 - This track is like BDR's "You Know I'm No Good" with the R&B collab. But I like the singer on this actually, and the beat too, it all fits pretty well, nice way to close out the album.

Big Doe Rehab as a whole - 8.5/10

More of what we've come to expect from Ghost. Consistent quality as always. It's definitely got that signature Ghostface sound we've been getting repeatedly over the last few albums but I still think it does a good job of differentiating between his other recent joints. It sort of combines the harder shit from Fishscale with the soul of Pretty Toney or Bulletproof Wallets to make one nice album. Props to Toney and the Clan for one of my favorite LP's of 2007:thumbup:

Soldier of Darkness
12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
2. Barrell Brothers - 4/5 - Solomon sounds ill on this.

"I'll blow a nigga fo' a box of Huggies"

... no homo? :?

SKAMPOE
12-03-2007, 04:01 AM
fuck that, no where near as good as 8d, but it is better than more fish and fishcale.
co sign
niggaz say its bettah than 8 d cuz ghost has his shit 2gether n all this contreversy is fuckin up da vibe of 8 diagrams

61stkillah
12-03-2007, 07:14 AM
This is a nice album still, i don't know how you guys are hating on More Fish .. It does have BLUE ARMOR n MIGUEL SANCHEZ along with GUNZ N RAZORS STREET OPERA GOOD (well the album version beat sucks) n more tracks..I ALMOST FORGOT THE GHOST IS BACK, LMAO! CRAZY!!!

but back to the BIG DOE REHAB.. its more comparable to the pretty toney album with more grittyness

YOLANDA'S HOUSE IS PRETTY TONE AND FRIENDS AT ITS FINEST!!!! best track on the album in my view

but yes overall its a great album 8 outta 10
________
Cx650t (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CX650T)

J-DON
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I dont wanna break it down yet but all I know is this is a special album. Rae, Meth, and Ghost are incredible together and the beats are all great. Theres none of the usual tracks that you roll your eyes at from ghost like in every album since Supreme Clientele. You kinda wanna skip celebrate but the lyrics are hilarious. Other than that you get mad story tracks which ,next to the abstract free-association style, is Ghost at his best. Shit has me feeling like im listening to an album full of 260 from Ironman.

Prince Rai
12-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Yolandas hOUSE is mad. one track ill never get bored of.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others through not just lyrics but the sound and the sound is five years ahead of what cats are doing right now prolly even 10 years ahead beat wise i give RZA allot credit and the generals don't see what RZA see's because they don't make beats nah mean theres a different mind set when your producing a beat son you go through different mental atmospheres and this what RZA did with the Afro Samurai sound track which was almost a prelude to 8 Diagrams i bet yall ain't even peep the afro and kill bill samples in there

Fuck me mate, are you afraid of punctuation or something?

Two things about what you said though:

Firstly I don't think 8D is as revolutionary musically as you think, you obviouslly just don't listen to that much non mainstream hip-hop. From your post, someone who knew nothing about hip-hop would never guess that there are actually whole hip-hop albums out there with the beats provided by live instrumentation.

Secondly, even if 'the generals don't see what RZA see's', it's not his place to enforce it on a group project. He can go and make a RZA or bobby Digital album that won't be understodd til 2349 if he wants, but for a group project, descisions should be made by the group.

Did It
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't hear it at all. I listened to that ghost album and I was completely bored. Yes, I have heard worse albums and I'm not comparing this to other albums because I never listened to Fishscale, More Fish, or Pretty Toney more than once. But on it's own, Big Doe Rehab is not good. It sounds so predictable music wise like Masta Killa's second album. Basically...basic beat...take a sample....repeat it over and over. Hell, even the samples are uninteresting. This sounds like the type of stuff I hear kids in the Midwest doing when they think they're trying to create "real hip-hop." And for those who want to try compare this to Supreme Clientele...maybe but all I have to say is...where is Stroke of Death, a song built around a single scratch. Like I said, BDR is just not that good.

hide1998
12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I bought the album today after bumping the the leak 6 times and being impressed by it. After hearing it on CD a couple times, the feel the album hits me more for some reason. The vibe of the album feels like a sequel to Ironman (just like Fishscale felt like a sequel to Supreme Clientele to me).

I can definitely understand why most people are feeling this album a lot.
Personally I enjoy all of Ghost's albums, but I'd rank this as his 4th overall best album. It's VERY consistent, and I enjoy every track. There is nothing on this album that didn't work, in my opinion.

4.5/5 Excellent album, among my 10 favorite hip-hop albums of the year so far

Ironman > Supreme Clientele > Fishscale > The Big Doe Rehab > Bulletproof Wallets > The Pretty Tony Album > More Fish (this gets WAY too much hate. It doesn't mesh like an album should, but it's filled with excellent tracks)

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
^ Damn, I must have a stricter grading scale than you, cos I aint got 10 4.5/5 albums this year.

I love 'MF Grimm - Hunt For The Gingerbread Man', but I'd probably realistically give it 4/5. 4.5/5 to me makes for one of the very best hip-hop records of all time. 5/5 makes it into a list of about 10 absolute classics.

Paranoid
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
im loving this album every joint is dope especially toney sigel, yolandas house, yapp city, rec room therapy, killa lipstick, paisley darts. those are my favz.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
White Linen Affair is a 2/5, does nothing to me...all other tracks are classic or bangers, so I really enjoy this album, the only letdown are a few featuring verses....

ShaolinDarts
12-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Metro (london newspaper) gav it 4/5. The said it had a 'pulp fiction' type feel to the story's.

I have been listening to it and its quite standard Ghost stuff. Very good Ghost lyrics and delivery, great Wu appearances and very well suited beats but crap guest appearances from his own crew.

hide1998
12-05-2007, 12:48 AM
^ Damn, I must have a stricter grading scale than you, cos I aint got 10 4.5/5 albums this year.

I love 'MF Grimm - Hunt For The Gingerbread Man', but I'd probably realistically give it 4/5. 4.5/5 to me makes for one of the very best hip-hop records of all time. 5/5 makes it into a list of about 10 absolute classics.

I doubt that it's you're stricter, it's just our tastes aren't exactly the same. Your 5/5 album may only be a 4/5 to me. So whose right? Exactly.

Furthermore, my definition of classic has more to do with influence on a large scale, than album just being "perfect" in it's own right. Which is to say, an album I may not feel AT ALL (And maybe give a 1.5/5 to if I rated it personally), I may still recognize as a classic based on things that aren't debatable. When labeling something as "classic" I tend to keep my own personal musical tastes at the door.

I know for quite a few people EL-P's newest album is either their album of the year, or among their top 10. For me, I really enjoy it, but it's no longer even in my top 20.

TSA
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM
BLACKS ONLY

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/Artictheory/angryblackguy.jpg

anyways....so i noticed "hey...the big dough rehab dropped today..teehee"

and decided to go cop that shit.

I had only heard it one time before and thought it was worth buying..

....BUT WAS IT..?

we'll let's see

At The Cabana
Well, the intro at first gave me the vibe that there was gonna be a dramatic climax, and all the accents makes you think "oh shit...he's takin it back to the cocaine...sniff..sniff". Unfortunetly it was fairly uneventful, and there was no punch point or climax. So that only leaves one option..does it set the tone for the album. Nah, not really, outside of ghost being in angry Tony Starks mode. Uneventful intro
Rating: 30%
Objective Achieved: None
Highlight: Ghostface interacting with the audio sample, but if it wasn't an audio sample, then none.

Barrel Brothers (Toney Sigel)
More then the intro, this song sets the mood of the album. Hard, aggressive and just straight gurrilla. This album is probably ghost's most graphic yet, and this song (expecially the chorus) is an example of that. B. Sigel came through hard and fit the song very well. The only minus I saw was the fact that this song is fairly forgettable and kind of sounds like a fishscale left over, but that's not a bad thing since fishscale was raw. Lyrically it's a very eventful song, and beans kills it. The bass is also raw complimenting an already ill ass song.
Rating:78%
Objective Achieve: a wildly hard ass song. Set's a gritty tone for the album.
Highlight: Chorus

Yolanda's House
This song is the reason i bought the CD honestly. The beat is so melodic and warm. For some reason "Konichiwa Bitches" on meth's 421 reminds me of morning sun rise as this beat reminds me of moon rise. This song will make all wu fans crazy unless they truly have no soul. The story being told also gives the listener a good feeling, 3 wu members, Ghost meth and chef telling a story while interactive and playing off of each other's verse. Ghost's verse was great, but predictably ghost. Meth's verse was supurb, it seems like lately he's got his rhymes back in top shape. Chef's verse was great lyrically but his sleepy delievery was a bit of a set back.
Rating: 94%
Objective Achieved: Great, and creative story played out by 3 wu brothers.
Highlight: The confirmation of the return of the M.e.f/ The beat is amazing.

Celebrate
Listening to this song the first time online I thought alright, well, it's better then Back Like That. For a single it's a good move, a lot of energy, fun, but at the same time not alienating core Wu fans. Kapri brought a good energy to the song. The problem i have with the song is the beat takes a very open mind to tolerate, and therefore won't go far as a single. It's a good theme song for celebrations though. Lyrically ghost is really playful with this song, almost hilarious. I usually don't like the "single" of albums for some reason, and even if i like them, not as much as the rest of the album.
Rating: 63%(on a regular day) (80% at the right event)
Objective Achieved: Great anthem for when i win the superbowl or powerball.
Highlight: Great energy and funny lyrics
*note: Rating this song is difficult because it's meant for a specific event, a celebration, therefore and a regular day you won't feel like listening.

Walk Around
Wow! Every ghost album needs an offbeat story, and this is it. The story being told is so vivid and graphic, and the best part VERY human which is what seperates ghost from other storytellers. The genius of this song isn't in the fact that he's talking about killing some, he's talking about feeling like a piece of shit after doing it, throwing up..whateverwhatever. The beat is vivid and cinematic, like a 2007 cubanlinx joint.
Rating:88%
Objective Achieved: Ghost displays he's still the king of rap story telling. A murder story that isn't about the murder but the raw humanity being such an act. dope.
Highlight: Ghost throwing up in his man's car...that's real.

Yapp City
BWOY! this songs ill..hard as fuck..kinda takes off where Toney Sigel left off BWOY!..Sun God is ill on this one BWOY! He brings a new school swag that mixes with ghost's old school creativity well BWOY!...The Chorus is again on some hard torture shit..BWOY!...It get's to the point where the song starts feeling like the More Fish of Tony Sigel's Fishscale. That's the primary complaint for this song...it feels like "hey..i've already heard this before.." which isn't typical of a ghost album.
Rating:70%
Objective: Some more hard shit...problem is the "some more" tag..it feels like a Toney Sigel repeat. and BWOY!
Highlight: Beat/ Sun God BWOY!

White Linen Affair
White Linen is another offbeat ghost exercise in creativity. The beat is the shit, It helps you envision panning through a room full of celebs. What also makes this song very creative is the fact that it can double as a skit, and if it were a skit it would be a very good one. As a song it's ill. The problem was the celebrity names seem stitched together too poorly and there's times where it feels like they were just squeezing in names..
Rating:79%
Objective Achieved: An exercise in creativity..by ghost's standards not a very forfilling by ghost standards therefore die hards won't be impressed. Everyone else will get a chuckle or two
Highlight: That bitch even fucked OJ?

SupaGFK
One of my favorite rappers over one of my favorite beats? Dope. Ghost trys a take at Redman's Supaman Luva theme. Lyrically ghost is throwing razors sporadically which is a style die hards like him for. He also experiments with different flows and all of them are dope. Unfortunately this song suffers the curse of being compared to the original...which is a classic. Ghost sadly doesn't measure up to the original...though he comes close and it's still an enjoyable attempt. He kind of get's carried away between the 2nd verse and the end with all the chanting.
Rating:86%
Objective Achieved: ghost's take on Soopaman Luva...came a bit short but still enjoyable.
Highlight: Great beat, seems more ghost's style then Reds actually/ use for very creative dope flows.

Rec-Room
Any song with Rec-room is the name is ill. Period. Fuck you.
Ghost comes through dope, but once again predictable and after 7 or 6 albums...it becomes hard to not be. Raekwon came hard too, soft ass delievery therefore only his core fans will be able to get fully into it.
The beat real nice, REAL nice, the thing is the last time i heard these 3 was on Black Jesus and after realizing that, everything falls a bit short.
U-god is the shit. It's hard to find a wack verse by him and as of late he's been dope and hilarious. His verse is the best on the CD "bitch don't touch me...im ugly when i fuck"...lol. The flow he uses makes it seem like he has a new bag of tricks, i've never heard it before from him.
Rating: 89%
Objective Achieved: Recreational dart throwing, ill.
Winner: U-god's. "Bitch don't touch me...im ugly when i fuck"..

The Prayer
WOW.
Rating: 86% (*note: by skit standards)
Obejctive Achieved: A soulful praise to god which reflects ghost's spiritual depth without him saying a word on it. Excellent singer...makes an athiest wanna go to church.
Highlight: The use of beating on your chest as a beat....wow.

I'll Die For You
Really well thoughtout inciteful song. Ghost's iron heart really shines through on this one..the man is too fuckin deep. The beat feels a little too typical ghost though and this late in the album that brings a tiring feel.
Rating:76%
Objective Achievement: Ghost lets us know who he'll die for and shows a lot of growth as a man
Highlight: Concept

Paisley Darts
This is this albums equivilent to Wu Banga 101. The mix of theodore and wu shows where ghost is at right now. All verses were ill as fuck...except for Cappadonna's. Donna sounded like a man out of ideas. Meth plays the charismatic flow master on this song..lyrically it's on par with his style on Blackout. Trife and Sun god also shine hard. Ghost's was again predictable....die hards will be sick of his fishscale rap style after this album. The song also has a skit at the end of ghost exposing rappers that front hard.
Rating: 86%
Objective Achieved: Another Dart tournament
Winner: Meth or Trife

Shakey Dog Starring Lolita
The beat got me first. It's so smooth and miami nights sounding. This whole album has a night vibe ...which is important to know for ppl that that sentence happens to make sense to. Anyways, Chef came through, him and ghost showed the chemistry that made Ironman and Cubanlinx is still alive. Song sounds like something off Bulletproof Wallets. Sadly it lacks the creativity and personality of the original Shakey Dog
Rating: 87%
Objective: Continuation of Shakey Dog..Storytelling
Highlight: Ghost at the end "..This is what you get for killing franky".. sounds like he'd be a good actor.

KillaLipstick
Ghost on another classic beat. Good thing he decided to make a classic song out of it. A highlight of the album...would work as a good single in a better world. Meth is flawless of the chorus...MastaKilla fit this beat more then perfectly, and out of the wu, he's the best at speaking about women. songs a masterpiece
Rating: 92%
Objective Achieved: Great song about a Fly Shawty Penelope type hood chick.
Highlight: Chorus

SlowDown
Ghost ended this album perfectly. His ending songs are always excellent at bringing closure...Soul Controller on Ironman(in some versions) and Love and Pretty toney are my best examples. The chorus is great, ghost get's deep on this one too...it's very inciteful and reflective...the beat has that Ironman wins again sound to it.
Rating: 91%
Obejctive Achieved: Ironman wins again
Highlight: Ghost's depth.

TOTAL
74.56% of a classic.

above average.

INF
12-05-2007, 01:25 AM
damn huggah. you on ur shit.

Ghost Deini
12-05-2007, 01:33 AM
you already fucked up homeboy. that intro is instant classic because what is it about? it's about ghost not getting paid. that's right, it's art imitating life. i have no idea whether it was intentional or not but it's impossible not to draw that parallel to what's going on right now between him and rza. the album takes on added weight in light of the fact that both his character and his real life counterpart are struggling to deal with the various ills that go along with constantly striving for more and more money.

Word to that

mikeatris
12-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Gave 8 Diagrams sum time and I am not even playing that in rotation no more and I sort of figured that. That being said I love Ghost's work but I gave it sometime and as of right now I am not even playing BDR as of right now. It sounds like a rehash of Pretty Tony to me and I am not feeling this at all. I don't know I guess I am so use to his style of music for years that it has gotten pretty boring to me. A change would help but honestly I am not really feeling BDR to much.

crust
12-05-2007, 02:02 AM
^^^pretty much what huggah said.

TSA
12-05-2007, 02:04 AM
lol, huggah has a point...this is the least payable nigga since Kunta Kente...

but he could have done it better it has no beginning or ending just a bunch of beaners and niggers yapping

TSA
12-05-2007, 02:09 AM
and what are all you white flintstone bitches doing in here anyways?

SKAMPOE
12-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Fag

TSA
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
^if you were black i'd listen

Oh, and where the fuck is the "little suprise in the sleeve"
i didn't get shit...did yall? cause if so im going back to Homers and getting my shit. It was still boxed when i got there

Longbongcilvaringz
12-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Fag

+1

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
What the fuck makes a track rate as 87%?!?!

Or 76% and not 78%

God your a fuckin dick.

White Owl Clan
12-05-2007, 08:58 AM
i didnt read anything yet, but youre an ignorant black man

TSA
12-05-2007, 09:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
white ppl are mad cause they ain't invited.....

LEAVE NIGGA

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:loser:OOOOOOOOO!

venex
12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
damn... 19 years old and you act so childish... you fuckin' racist

i'm gonna give you some more props when you throw audio of yourself on this forum..fucker

TSA
12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
^your not mad at me are you?.......are you mad?

ShaDynasty
12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit (N/A)
02 Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers (Okay track, I woulda kicked off the album with a solo though 3/5)
03 Yolanda's House (On its own this joint is worth buying the album for 5/5)
04 We Celebrate (This shit has grown on me, Ghost got mad jokes, hes like Eddie Murphy on this shit! 4/5)
05 Walk Around (Okay I guess, nothin really goin on here that special 3/5)
06 Yapp City (Why is Solomon doin choruses?!, this is pretty good, again not special 3/5)
07 White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) (This was actually pretty hot, even Wigz was okay on it, makes you think one of these awards shows could actually hire Ghost and he'd do a good job 4/5)
08 Supa GFK (You can tell he was going for a 'Holla' type of track that hes done before, but it doesn't really come off, its not the right vibe for Ghost, way too funky and doomed to fail when Redman already made a classic with a better flipped version of the beat 2/5)
09 Rec-Room Therapy (Pretty dope, with each listen i like it more 4/5)
10 Skit - The Prayer (N/A)
11 I'll Die for You (Dope track, I think theres some subliminal shots in this joint though 4/5)
12 Paisley Darts (Hot Shit! Meth and Cappa kill this shit 5/5)
13 Skit - ! (N/A)
14 Shakey Dog Starring Lolita (Classic ending(?) to the Shakey Dog story 5/5)
15 Killa Lipstick (This one got the same problem as Supa GFK, it doesn't sound like a Ghost joint, and if Ghost wants to use different types of beats try using ones that aren't certified classics already cos all i hear in my head after hearing this is 'hands got to clappin, fingers started snappin' etc 3/5)
16 Slow Down (Ghost is contemplating his life or some shit, but not on the verses, okay track 3/5)

Overall - 7/10
'Big Doe Rehab' is in the same category for me as 'Pretty Toney' and 'More Fish' because like both them albums there are 4 or 5 absolute fire breathing bangers, and then a bunch of average stuff. Its not a bad album its just not amazing but the hot shit on here is real center of the sun shit.

444trumpets
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Got It On The Release Date And Im Feeling Wha5t I Heard So Far! Havent Heard It All But Will Do Soon...

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
"Yolanda's House" is the hottest track. The rest of the album is really loud, lots of trumpets, loud drums, etc... Overall a pretty cool album tho.

wuswordz95
12-05-2007, 06:39 PM
after i spin this is still my least favorite ghost track. ill drop a review later.

how many will this sell in its opening week? I say 27,000

tical2000
12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Ghostface Killah :: The Big Doe Rehab

Def Jam

http://www.urb.com/images/rating/stars_1_45.gif
Reviewed on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 by Skinny B

It's absolutely thrilling to listen to Ghostface say words. He might just be music's best narrative lyricist since fuckin' Dylan. Who else is telling stories about the paranoid trauma that results from a robbery gone wrong punctuated by a face-full of the victim’s gory aftermath? The man tells stories. His eighth album, The Big Doe Rehab, is predictably entertaining, not because he doesn’t have new tricks, but because at this point his weirdness is hardly surprising. It’s chock full of familiar yet still new twists on his always-cinematic rollercoaster ride. There’s an unmatched urgency during the chase sequences on his albums (yes, chase sequences) that cause slight heart palpitations (check “Yolanda’s House” then check your pulse). A lists of the people he would die for is a solemn contemplation on life and death. And yet, “Supa GFK”—and “Holla” before it—has more classic soul than anything on the R&B chart since D’Angelo.

He’s entirely singular in his attack of hip-hop as a language; so much so that I can also listen to the dude tell me the order in which to wash my face and balls. Or how to eat on just $5 a day. Or rid myself of acne. And now I can. In addition to The Big Doe Rehab, Ghostface has also released an audio companion to his MTV book called The World According to Pretty Toney that’s filled with self-help information. It’s certainly as hilarious as it sounds but, unlike the MTV2 promos that inspired the hardbound book and CD, Ghost delivers his advice with deadpan anger and downright indignation that he even needs to be bothered. It completely elevates everything because even when he’s complaining about having to say something, it’s fuckin’ great to hear him say it. And that isn’t surprising at all.

from www.urb.com (http://www.urb.com)

Hollow Dartz
12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit
02 Tony Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers - Hot track Beanie came through on this one, nothing wack about it. 4.5/5
03 Yolanda's House - This jawn is crazy, I couldn't believe it when It first heard it. One of the best tracks on the album. 5/5
04 We Celebrate - This my shit right here, hot beat, funny lyrics, I bang this in the whip all day. 4.5/5
05 Walk Around - It's cool, not wack though. Ghost on some other shit on this one. 4/5
06 Yapp City - Sun God. 4.5/5
07 White Linen Affair (Tony Awards) - OMG Wigs is a bum, when he stars rapping that track loses a .5 rating.Still a banger though, I like the concept. 4/5
08 Supa GFK - Cant outdo Redman( I know he wasn't trying to), but still a good track, I fucks with it. Weakest track on album 4/5
09 Rec-Room Therapy - U-God"I'm ugly when I fuck". I fucks with this track. 4.5/5
10 Skit - The Prayer -Who the fuck is oX lol
11 I'll Die for You - Good winter time shit for me, I love this shit, Ghost spitting real shit. 5/5
12 Paisley Darts - The reason why Capp shouldn't be let in the clan. Meth kills it. 4.5/5
13 Skit - ! - LOL
14 Shakey Dog Starring Lolita - I guess this was the continuation of the first Shakey Dog which I thought was weak, this is better. 4.5/5
15 Killa Lipstick - Classic Remade! Hot as shit my Grandmother plays the original every sunday, good to hear ghost spit on it, Masta seems like a smooth talker, Meth rips the chorus. 4.5/5
16 Slow Down - I love this shit, when it first came on I was like this shit wack....one of my favorite tracks now. Everything about it is hot. 5/5

Beats- 4.5/5
Lyrics - 4.5/5
Overall -4.5/5

Nice album, it's very refreshing. everything sounds new, I'm gonna go out on the limb and say this is the first 4.5/5 album since "THE W" or "Bulletproof"(with Samples). I can live with more albums like these. Good to see the clan all over the album. Beats are great. Ghost delivers.

Tonystarks420
12-06-2007, 10:11 PM
i was gunna make my own review for this , but after reading yours ^^^ i co-sign 100 percent.

even on the slow down track.
thats my fav of the whole album next to rec room therapy.
i see it as half the album is sum crazy ass bangers for the hardcore listeners.
the other half is some soulful slow shit for those who wanan kick back and smoke a blunt to or chill wit their girl.
lovin it both ways.

4.5/5

444trumpets
12-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Yo This Album Is Pretty Dope Man He Smart

hide1998
12-07-2007, 01:41 AM
After listening to the CD more and more, and analyzing it more carefully (particularly on it's lyricism), I now feel this is Ghostface's 3rd best album.

Ironman > Supreme Clientele > The Big Doe Rehab (aka Ironman 2) > Fishscale (aka Supreme Clientele 2) > Bulletproof Wallets > The Pretty Tony Album > More Fish (which is still great, although it doesn't flow like an album)

Jin10304
12-07-2007, 03:37 AM
The Big Doe Rehab (aka Ironman 2)

laughed too hard on this

hide1998
12-07-2007, 04:47 AM
The Big Doe Rehab (aka Ironman 2)

laughed too hard on this

Just the general vibe, the fact he's telling street tales for a majority of the album, is generally very grounded, and with lots of Wu features dispersed throughout.

I'm not saying it's AS GOOD AS Ironman, just the vibe is reminiscent. Ghost going hard for nearly the entire album hasn't happened since Ironman.

Just like how Fishscale has Ghost being really creative and somewhat bugged out, sort of like on Supreme Clientele.

If you don't see the comparison then that's fine. But I do, which is also fine.

Ghost_Deini_
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
worst track is white linen affair... and thats before i even knew shawn wigs was on it. thank god wigs is only on this album once though.

id give it an 8/10.

Ghost_Deini_
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
damn... 19 years old and you act so childish... you fuckin' racist

i'm gonna give you some more props when you throw audio of yourself on this forum..fucker
foreal.

J.T.S.
12-07-2007, 02:22 PM
To me this album sucks donkey balls!

CamelMann
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah I just skimmed through it and on the production level it doesn't even come close to 8 Diagrams. Same old predictable Ghost, his best albums will always be Supreme and Ironman, Big Doe Rehab could be down there with Bulletproof Wallets. I'll listen to it again maybe just so i can tell myself i gave it a chance but it's very obvious that Ghost is crazy if he thinks he's better off without the Wu.

the silencer
12-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah I just skimmed through it and on the production level it doesn't even come close to 8 Diagrams. Same old predictable Ghost, his best albums will always be Supreme and Ironman, Big Doe Rehab could be down there with Bulletproof Wallets. I'll listen to it again maybe just so i can tell myself i gave it a chance but it's very obvious that Ghost is crazy if he thinks he's better off without the Wu.
mostly agree...

gave it a few full listens after coppin it the other day, not too impressed...

couple nice joints, maybe like 3 beats i was REALLY feelin...besides that it's an album that could get boring real fast, lotta slow shit and Ghost tellin stories instead of spittin in his wild-out random-abstract-artist mode..

and i'm also amazed that he could say 8 Diagrams sounds rushed...this shit seems like he threw together some tracks n took a picture with a big-titty chick n threw it on the shelves to make some dough..

maybe ill do a full review if i'm bored this weekend but its like a 2.5 or 3 outta 5 for me at most...

beautifulrock
12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll get into more depth tomorrow, but those saying this is better than 8D, are you listening in clock radio speakers????

This album is LOUD period. The lyrics are off the wall , but the production is awfully poor, Ghost screams on the mic as it is, do we really need to jack up his vocals? There is diverse like 8D and then there is focused, and this album is WAAAAAAY too focused on the funk side of things as opposed to the more soulful fishscale or pretty tony. It leaves the listener bored of the beats which seem to flow over each other too seemlessly. I found myself asking a couple of times...is this a new song?? The best thing about this album is their are no weak tracks really, even white linen affair is original enough to keep it from being bad. That said there is no standout smash really, Walk Around feels like the best on the album to me. Nods to Barrel Brothers, Rec Room Therapy, I'll die for you, and Yolanda's house. The album also ends really nicely.

8 Diagrams = 4.6

Big Doe Rehab = 4.1

nikos36
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Who feels like Slow Down sounds like Kanyezy unmasterd beat....not shitting on it its one of my fave. tracks on the album.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Finally got this, and it's quality. Really didn't expect much, but it's probably my favourite album by a general since No Said Date. Really liking every track except Celebrate.

Walk Around is an example of (for me) how singing on a hip-hop track should sound, not the cheesy shit on 8 Diagrams.

Will have to wait to see how well it lasts though, as I loved No Said Date when I first got it, buit can't say I listen to it that much now. The last album by a general that I listen to regularly is probably Legend Of The Liquid Sword. I would have got more play from Fishscale but I had so many of the beats already it kinda ruined it for me.

Marwan
12-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Fuck whatever yall foreign niggas is talkin about..this album is fire, my fav tracks are Yolandas House, Walk Around, and ofcoarse Slow Down....this album shits all over 8 Diagrams which is fuckin garbage...............8 Diagrams is waste of time to everybody involved with makin it...

urbanlegendmf
12-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Americansonned

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-08-2007, 08:03 AM
It leaves the listener bored of the beats which seem to flow over each other too seemlessly.

No, it leaves you bored. Please don't try and speak for all of us.

JerseyIronman
12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Supa GFK is my favorite track right now

junius
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
this is solid, ** good ** Ghost but not fucking close to the almost-total genius of "Pretty Toney" or the much more exciting "8D."

also, goddamn, how badly does Beanie Seigel suck? he almost sounds like the black Vinnie Paz-- not a good look.

even tho' this is a "real" album, I'd put this on same level as "More Fish," without any beat as great as "Know The Ledge."

i love Ghost but goddamn, he really played himself this time if he thinks THIS is special & "8D" is wack.

J-DON
12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
off topic: that asian bitch always seems to sync up with what im listening to, its trippy as fuck.

on topic:

final verdict on BDR is 8.5/10

the stories are awesome, and the beats while nothing amazing are noddable with no really weak tracks to bring the album down.

Pattch82
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Anyone got the production credits for this?

Cheers!

IrOnMaN
12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
DAMN!! This album is like a extremely hot, my friends!!!!!:cheerlie: On some serious shit, this album is better than "Fishscale".:) It's one of his best.

Overall rating: 4.6/5

the silencer
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Cheers!
i dont think there's 1 song on here produced by anybody i've ever heard of..

Ink Is My Drink
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
DAMN!! This album is like a extremely hot, my friends!!!!!:cheerlie: On some serious shit, this album is better than "Fishscale".:) It's one of his best.

Overall rating: 4.6/5

no way! its worse thqan more fish and fishscale easily

Jin10304
12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
i dont think there's 1 song on here produced by anybody i've ever heard of..

Scram Jones is on there

Ink Is My Drink
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
its a good album but i think ghost plays it well too safe its way too much like fishscale and more fish (i think both albums are better than this) its still a good album and has some real good tracks on here but i jus feel like ive mainly heard it all before

fav track - killa lipstick

least favourite-
yapp city, its TERRIBLE! I dunno how people can like this track I skip it every time without fail the beat is shit are shit trife sun god verses are shit and solomon childs is the worst!

and shakey dog part 2 as it dissapointed me so much. the first shakey dog is so frantic and fast paced part 2 is too chilled and no way frantic enough

daggo
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Cheers!

Ghostface Killah
The Big Doe Rehab
Def Jam

1. At The Cabana (Skit)

2. Barrel Brothers feat. Beanie Sigel & Solomon Childs
Produced by Sean C & LV

3. Yolanda's House feat. Raekwon & Method Man
Produced by Ant-Live

4. We Celebrate feat. Kid Capri
Produced by Sean C & LV

5. Walk Around
Produced by Anthony Acid

6. Yapp City feat. Trife Da God, Sun God & Solomon Childs
Produced by Scram Jones

7. White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) feat. Shawn Wigs
Produced by Frequency

8. Supa GFK
Produced by Ghostface Killah & Anthony Acid

9. Rec Room Therapy feat. U-God & Raekwon
Produced by Baby Grand

10. The Prayer - Ox

11. I'll Die For You
Produced by Sean C & LV

12. Paisly Darts feat. Sun God, Method Man, Trife Da God, Raekwon, Cappadonna
Produced by Sean C & LV

13. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita feat. Raekwon
Produced by Sean C & LV

14. ! (Skit)

15. Killa Lipstick feat. Method Man & Masta Killa

16. Slow Down feat. Chrisette Michele
Produced by Sean C & LV

Marwan
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Whats up with all yall foreign niggas on here and all this 8 Diagrams shit...have yall niggas heard 8 Diagrams...THE SHIT IS GARBAGE!

Weng
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Ghostface Killah
The Big Doe Rehab
Def Jam

1. At The Cabana (Skit)

2. Barrel Brothers feat. Beanie Sigel & Solomon Childs
Produced by Sean C & LV

3. Yolanda's House feat. Raekwon & Method Man
Produced by Ant-Live

4. We Celebrate feat. Kid Capri
Produced by Sean C & LV

5. Walk Around
Produced by Anthony Acid

6. Yapp City feat. Trife Da God, Sun God & Solomon Childs
Produced by Scram Jones

7. White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) feat. Shawn Wigs
Produced by Frequency

8. Supa GFK

9. Rec Room Therapy feat. U-God & Raekwon
Produced by Baby Grand

10. The Prayer - Ox

11. I'll Die For You
Produced by Sean C & LV

12. Paisly Darts feat. Sun God, Method Man, Trife Da God, Raekwon, Cappadonna
Produced by Sean C & LV

13. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita feat. Raekwon
Produced by Sean C & LV

14. ! (Skit)

15. Killa Lipstick feat. Method Man & Masta Killa

16. Slow Down feat. Chrisette Michele
Produced by Sean C & LV

hmm reminds me of american gangster^^

mikeatris
12-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I said about a week ago that I was not playing it as it sounds like a rehash of Pretty Tony. I gave it a lil bit extra time and I am not playing this at all. I played it through a couple of days ago and the album is on the been there done that for Ghost. I can listen to Pretty Tony and the tracks are on the same line just the production is not as crisp and the reused samples are really starting to wear down on me. His production is not as distinct no more and it really shows on BDR. I still play SC to this day and I actually played Tony the other day and BDR is almost a damn splitting image as far as tracks, production and lyrics. I guess since Kanye and others have put heavily soul samples in their resume Ghost productions seems a lil bit outdated. I am one of the biggest Ghostface fans to date but sorry folks, I would rate it a 2 out of 5. Lazy and overused soul samples killed this album.

CITY ZEEKER
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
d

swizz-chef
12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
lol, no RZA production...? poor.

CITY ZEEKER
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Whats up with all yall foreign niggas on here and all this 8 Diagrams shit...have yall niggas heard 8 Diagrams...THE SHIT IS GARBAGE!

I said about a week ago that I was not playing it as it sounds like a rehash of Pretty Tony. I gave it a lil bit extra time and I am not playing this at all. I played it through a couple of days ago and the album is on the been there done that for Ghost. I can listen to Pretty Tony and the tracks are on the same line just the production is not as crisp and the reused samples are really starting to wear down on me. His production is not as distinct no more and it really shows on BDR. I still play SC to this day and I actually played Tony the other day and BDR is almost a damn splitting image as far as tracks, production and lyrics. I guess since Kanye and others have put heavily soul samples in their resume Ghost productions seems a lil bit outdated. I am one of the biggest Ghostface fans to date but sorry folks, I would rate it a 2 out of 5. Lazy and overused soul samples killed this album.

sad to say, i heard both of these albums and was real excited to listen, but man, i dont know what to say BDR is a more mainstream version of FISHSCALE, and 8 diagrams, that was the biggest dissapointment hate all you want kids, THIS IS REAL TALK

OB4CL2 BETTER BE ON SOME DOPE SHIT

IrOnMaN
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
"Put the gun on the table"-by Raekwon

"Oh shit! It hit little bro in his fade"-by Ghostface Killah

From the track "Shakey Dog Starring Lolita".
^^^Classic than a mofo, my friends.:b:f:cheerlie::king::dududu:

Its Big Lu baby
12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
whoever says this album sucks is on crack
shit is golden. 8 diagrams is OK. but this album BDR is fucking naners

junius
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
THIRD RATE VERSION of "Pretty Tony," Ghost's ** worst ** fucking solo.

1) Production mediocre at best, sometimes worse (really bad loops)
2) Guest spots suck, esp. Beanie but even Meth is nothing special
3) Ghost hinself is generic
4) Skits are garbage

3/5, almost no replay, I'd rather hear ANY other Ghost solo, including "More Fish." Tony is playing himself hard & ya'll are fucking retarded to think this is close to either "8D" or Ghost's frequent best in the post.

re: Rae's tired, weak ass shit here, someone harpoon this goddamn whale already & put us all out of misery?

hide1998
12-11-2007, 12:21 PM

4) Skits are garbage

3/5, almost no replay, I'd rather hear ANY other Ghost solo, including "More Fish." Tony is playing himself hard & ya'll are fucking retarded to think this is close to either "8D" or Ghost's frequent best in the post.

re: Rae's tired, weak ass shit here, someone harpoon this goddamn whale already & put us all out of misery?

You kind of lost step by saying that Beanie's dope guest spot suck to be honest. Furthermore, Ghost is spitting ALOT harder than he did on Pretty Tony (lyrically he's much better on this album too).

Although this album isn't seeing 8 Diagrams in my opinion, it's Ghost's most consistent album since Supreme Clientele (production/guest spots/lyrics/vibe). Although RZA production is ALWAYS welcome (and would improve this album, just as it RZA production would improve any Wu release) all the Wu presence really took things back to that Ironman era for me (and no I'm not saying I think it's AS GOOD AS Ironman).

Krish
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Ghostface Killah brings his 7th album.

1. At the Cabana Skit Feat. Rhythm Roots Allstars - (4.5/5) Using what appears to be a Scarface sample this kicks the album to a good start with a latin-type melody.

2. Toney Sigel A.K.A. the Barrel Brothers Feat. Styles P & Beanie Sigel - (4.5/5) This track bangs like a Mutha****** due to the production (which is like the most creative it will get on this album due to LV & Sean C) and Ghost, Styles and even Beans spit some heat.

3. Yolanda's House Feat. Raekwon & Method Man - (4/5) Ghost and Raekwon are always a great duo when rapping but Method Man also provides a good verse. The production however is kind of boring and the singing in the background actually makes me want to slap whoever the f*** it is.

4. We Celebrate Feat. Kid Capri - (4/5) This song could have got a 4.5 but its Kid Capris annoying shout outs which totally puts me off. Ghost could have pulled of this song without this complete moron shouting every few seconds.

5. Walk Around - (5/5) Kinda reminds me of 'We Made It' off Supreme Clientele. Ghost brings his lyrical knowledge into play and due to production by Anthony Acid (Anthony Who???) the song is actually turns out to be quite AMAZING.

6. Yapp City Feat. Trife Da God & Sun God - (4.5/5) Really feeling the beat by Scram Jones...its got that eerie feeling and it REALLY BANGS HARD. Sun God could have pulled of a better verse but Im not complaining.

7. White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) Feat. Shawn Wigs - (3.5/5) Not really feeling this one...although Ghost spits some heat about celebrities (WTF it aint even worth mentioning 50 Cent since hes such a mutha****** asshole) the song gets kinda played out as there are to many interruptions in between.

8. Supa GFK - (4.5/5) YESSS Ghostface on the Supaman Luva shit. I know Redman did this shit but Ghost makes a nice job of it and the production flows nicely with the song. NICE ;-)

9. Rec-Room Therapy Feat. Raekwon & U-God (5/5) One of the best cuts on the album. Ghost & Rae manage to save the weak attempt by U-Gods lame ass verse and the production is quite WEIRD not unlike 'Underwater' on Fishscale. SUCCESS!!!

10. The Prayer (Performed By Ox) - (1/5) Okay, this is as unnecessary as putting that 'Three Bricks' on Fishscale but instead of putting it at the end as a bonus track (a wiser option) Ghost decides to put it in the middle of the album. SKIP.

11. I'll Die for You (4/5) Some more BORING ASS production by LV & Sean C (who should have smoked something before producing this beat to get at least a decent creative output) and gets a 4 only because of Ghosts rapping skills on tha mic.

12. Paisley Darts Feat. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife da God, Method Man & Cappadonna - (3.5/5) Suprisingly, this absolutely SUCKS. However this is not due to the rapping which in fact is top notch. The beat is so shit I actually want to cut LV & Sean C's balls off and feed it to them to make them pay for such a drawling, repetitive beat. WAK.

13. Shakey Dog Starring Lolita Feat. Raekwon - (4/5) Back to cuban linx type shit but although pretty decent it is NOTHING compared to the original one on Fishscale.

14. ! Feat. Rhythm Roots Allstars (4.5/5) A extremely short track which carries on from the first skit and Im pretty sure ive heard a similar idea on The Roots album 'Phrenology'.

15. Killa Lipstick Feat. Method Man & Masta Killa (Bonus Track) - (4/5) Whats a love song without Method Man? Actually its pretty decent without him but he just manages to pull of the hook. Masta Killa drops a nice guest verse and the beat is just endurable.

16. Slow Down Feat. Chrisette Michele (Bonus Track) - (3.5/5) This is alright but this chicks voice is kinda annoying but i can see what idea Ghost tried to come up with here. Unfortuanately it dosen't work.

OVERALL SCORE:

64/80 = Banger

This had the potential of becoming a GREAT album but its the production that holds me back from giving it higher ratings and thats because the production overall SUCKS. Not to say that all of it was bad but Sean C & LV need to stop producing songs (Bad news for Nas fans as they are producing couple of tracks on his upcoming album 'N***er'). Lyrically wise Ghostface Killah is still on top form delivering HEAT and shows that he is one of the most consistent members out of the WU. I would place this in between Fishscale and The Pretty Toney Album.

junius
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
i think Beanie is garbage, yes-- compare to Sean Price or even in Philly, Kamachi or Reef. maybe you like his delivery more than i do but i think he's a dope.

likewise, i maintain there's NOTHING here that's not done better, fresher, funnier the first time on "Pretty Toney."

"White Linen Affair" almost counts as a skit too-- pure filler.

i'll tell you an album i UNDERrated at first but kills "Big Doe"-- the new Jeru, "Still Rising."

IrOnMaN
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
To the people that are saying that "Big Doe Rehab" sucks: Get a life, please. Thanks.

Krish, the production on this album is great, my friend. What in God's name are you talking about?

junius
12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Ironman please! even "Tush" kills the best of BDR. the production is MEDIOCRE at best &
any comparison, on any level (production, crime sagas, sex songs, jokes)...

Pretty Toney motherfucking destroys this.

i spent my $10 without listening to the leak first & truly, don't know what the fuck some of ya'll are on, except maybe too young to appreciate the deep soul & lyricism of PT.

crds
12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
It's a good album, but it isn't his best and it isn't touching Fishscale I'm not really a fan of Ghost rhyming over almost full songs/loops like that, it doesn't sound good and seems lazy.

Why did he use Beanie Siegel on 'Barrel Brothers", he is truly awful, I skip that track which is a a shame and what is with The Ox on The Prayer?, is he banging on his chest in that interlude?...that shit sounds odd.

There are to many beats and samples that have been used before and it does come across as more of a mixtape than an album, although the use of Faze-O on "Killa Lipstick" is dope to hear again and you should listen to the EPMD and Low Profile joints that flipped this after you hear this.

It's a solid effort, but overall not that great and I would give it a 6.5/10

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
This album has been the MOST overrated of all Ghosts albums. Een more overrted than Fishscale. Production is like a pathetic copy of SC. Ghosts rapping is the dullest he ever spit. If people are thinking this is hard you lost youre feel, for real.

Major dissapointment, but I can see why people are feeling it, because at first it sounds like Ghost returning to his old self. But if you on DefJam, they never gonna let you do that. He needs outta DefJam as soon as he can.

Hollow Dartz
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh well, everyone can't like the album. It's hot to me, new shit.

Blaque_Ravage
12-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I gotta say BDR...isnt what I expect for real....it seems like Ghost took a step back for this album after putting out that dope shit,Fishscale and More Fish....Ghost is always on point with his albums but damn....BDR reminds me of Bullet Proof wallets....its a luke warm album with only a few gems.

I skipped a few tracks cause shit was cheesy and I dont normally do that with Ghostface albums....Ghost needs MF Doom beats if he cant get Rza.lol

Ill tracks were,Yolandas House,Walk Around,Paisley Darts,Rec-Room....

HarlemDiplomat
12-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Greatest album of 2008

hide1998
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I can understand why some people would not enjoy this album as much as some other Ghostface albums, but to call the album wack or poor just comes across like you were half-paying attention to the album. It's fairly undeniable that Ghostface lyrically better on this album, as a whole, than he has been on his last few albums. Also, the consistent feel of the album is fairly undeniable too (some of you are confusing consistent with boring, but you have to remember even Pretty Tony had "Ghostface" and "Tush." NOTHING on this album dips even close to those points).

Krish
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
To the people that are saying that "Big Doe Rehab" sucks: Get a life, please. Thanks.

Krish, the production on this album is great, my friend. What in God's name are you talking about?

LOL how can you say that the album had good production??? Nearly all songs have mediocre production at the most and the beat for Paisely Darts is straight boring, garbage.

IrOnMaN
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL how can you say that the album had good production??? Nearly all songs have mediocre production at the most and the beat for Paisely Darts is straight boring, garbage.

OMFG! "Paisely Darts" owns like a mofo!

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Ironman please! even "Tush" kills the best of BDR. the production is MEDIOCRE at best &
any comparison, on any level (production, crime sagas, sex songs, jokes)...

Pretty Toney motherfucking destroys this.

i spent my $10 without listening to the leak first & truly, don't know what the fuck some of ya'll are on, except maybe too young to appreciate the deep soul & lyricism of PT.

You're an idiot. How can you actually say Tush is better than the best of BDR?!?!

mikeatris
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
My Review On Page 10 Says It All!!!!!!!!

junius
12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
^^^^^

maybe once you get laid on a regular basis, you'll hear how Ghost spits harder & funnier on "Tush" than ** anything ** on BDR, even if the hook is (i admit) pretty annoying. the verses tho' are good sex rap, what the fuck?

still can NOT believe how badly Beanie Sigel sucks here, compare to Styles or Jada on PT, who brought some respectable heat to the game-- "can't stop won't stop"-- PLEEEZ you insipid motherfucker... STOP!!

the full song soul samples on PT destroy BD's bullshit loops-- I love Ghost but this is by the #s, sadly.

Raekwon has ** nothing ** to say, either, tho' it's funny he namedrops Steve Rifkind & is shitting all over "8D"

Pretty Toney is the world; BDR is a smudged postcard in the gutter on Victory Blvd.

junius
12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
p/s1-- BDR skits suck

p/s2-- "White Linen Affair" might be THEE most annoying Ghost track ever. that intentionally "bad" dick joke in the middle is "really" "funny," however-- "great" "replay" "value."

mikeatris
12-12-2007, 03:08 PM
^^^^^

maybe once you get laid on a regular basis, you'll hear how Ghost spits harder & funnier on "Tush" than ** anything ** on BDR, even if the hook is (i admit) pretty annoying. the verses tho' are good sex rap, what the fuck?

still can NOT believe how badly Beanie Sigel sucks here, compare to Styles or Jada on PT, who brought some respectable heat to the game-- "can't stop won't stop"-- PLEEEZ you insipid motherfucker... STOP!!

the full song soul samples on PT destroy BD's bullshit loops-- I love Ghost but this is by the #s, sadly.

Raekwon has ** nothing ** to say, either, tho' it's funny he namedrops Steve Rifkind & is shitting all over "8D"

Pretty Toney is the world; BDR is a smudged postcard in the gutter on Victory Blvd. Funny Raekwon is shitting all on Diagrams but his ass is on damn near all the tracks whether it is rapping on shooting the chorus.

Marwan
12-13-2007, 02:20 AM
That idiot ass fool that said track 16, Slow Down..said the bitch voice is annoying.....NIGGA IS U GAY, THAT BITCH SOUNDS SEXY ASS HELL AND SOUNDS FUCKIN LOVELY WITH THAT BEAT!!!!!..Ol foreigner weirdo faggot niggas just took this board over......

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 04:02 AM
That idiot ass fool that said track 16, Slow Down..said the bitch voice is annoying.....NIGGA IS U GAY, THAT BITCH SOUNDS SEXY ASS HELL AND SOUNDS FUCKIN LOVELY WITH THAT BEAT!!!!!..Ol foreigner weirdo faggot niggas just took this board over......

i dont agree that her voice is annoying but it is different and not sexy at all...dont know if you've seen chrisette michelle or not but she is not hot...lmao @ ol foreigner weirdo faggot niggas

Leo Angel
12-13-2007, 02:33 PM
8/10, very solid album, def better than Fishscale and More Fish

Best songs: Yolanda's House (11/10 song, absolutely infectious), Slow Down & Killa Lipstick.

ballistic
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
hmm...on my second listen. it's ok, but fishscale has it by a mile for its "cinematics" and ghost is less flexible lyrically on BDR. again, i'm only on my 2nd listen, so this is practically my first impression. the production is pretty dope and there are some really good songs on here, but sometimes ghost strikes me as underwhelming. beanie sigel fucking killed it on barrel brothers, not sure what yall are talking about, and were these meth verses recorded in '97?? damn! cant wait to hear his new shit. maybe i'll start feeling ghost a bit more on subsesquent listens...i like him on here for the most part, i just here him rehashing some old shit here and there and i feel kinda disappointed because of that. highlights are toney sigel, yolanda's house (classic! great chemistry and interplay between meth and ghost!), we celebrate, walk around, supa gfk, rec room therapy, paisley darts, shakey dog, killa lipstick. ok, so there are lots of good tracks on here, and really the only one i'm not feeling as a whole is yapp city because sun god is kind of annoying. maybe i'm just nitpicking ghost. i dont know.

junius
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
tony sigel?!?! lemme guess, you think fucking "American Gangster" is one of the best albums of 2007 also, because it's so "soulful" & "real." (unlike those totally fakeass Brooklyn records from Sean Price, Hell Razah, Smif N Wessum, Joell Ortiz, Boot Camp Click & Killah Priest.)

i love when Beanie says "can't stop, won't stop" at the end-- droppin' knowledge!! superficial reference to Bush doesn't count as "political" either. Beanie is trash but let me also guess-- you hate on 50 & probably Plies also? the only thing Beanie kills here is his status as even a mediocre rapper, now he's just more Jay-Z sponsored trash (come on down Memphis Bleek!)

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
tony sigel?!?! lemme guess, you think fucking "American Gangster" is one of the best albums of 2007 also, because it's so "soulful" & "real." (unlike those totally fakeass Brooklyn records from Sean Price, Hell Razah, Smif N Wessum, Joell Ortiz, Boot Camp Click & Killah Priest.)

i love when Beanie says "can't stop, won't stop" at the end-- droppin' knowledge!! superficial reference to Bush doesn't count as "political" either. Beanie is trash but let me also guess-- you hate on 50 & probably Plies also? the only thing Beanie kills here is his status as even a mediocre rapper, now he's just more Jay-Z sponsored trash (come on down Memphis Bleek!)

yeah ag is one of the best albums of 2007, its a shame you cant appreciate a great piece of music, lyrically and beatwise, it is on point. the album tells a story (rise, pinnacle, and fall of a hustler) and is full of great songs like american dreamin, no hook, ignorant shit, say hello, success, and fallin, and jay's flow is still top notch. beanie's verse on toney sigel is decent (but not great) because his delivery fits the hardcore lyrics. although, his album the solution is an expensive coaster.

to the above chrisette michelle pictures: that is by far the best she's ever looked

wufan10304
12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
why does it seem like every ghost album he is stealing someones beat. ha ha. #6 yapp city, is the SAME beat Canibus used earlier this year for his intro song For Whom the beat troll..and also the song after it i heard that same beat from a underground nigga. from ughh.com oh well..good album!!

Marwan
12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/freshcrunkjuice/02/cm1-1.jpg

Id still stuff it in that big pasty lookin bitch doggystyle......

Marwan
12-14-2007, 11:23 PM
that nigga Jay-Z is one ugly muthafucka..dude look like Pops Wayans from the Wayans Brothers show and he aint even close to that old ass ugly mans' age...y'all know Pops...he also plays the daddy in the "Friday" movies......

ballistic
12-15-2007, 04:51 AM

i liked american gangster a lot. i can play that album and just be like, "damn, i'm listening to some good music right now'. it is what it is. jay put out a good album. say what you want about him, but from where i'm sitting he's still capable of making dope records. Beanie's flow was tight on tony siegel and there were several lyrical moments that actually caught me off guard. the line "you have to cut me out this track like cancer" was nice too. he's a decent MC.

i'm starting to feel the ghost album a little more now. BDR is solid, though it's not fishscale either. but ghost rips it in several places and attacks the thing real strongly. i'm just ready to hear a new style from him. i wanna hear him switch it up. in the meantime, i'm banging yolandas house, rec room therapy (how dope is that beat??) supa gfk, killa lipstick, etc. smuggling heroin in cactus 24/7.

Marwan
12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
"Yolandas House" is gangsta....i love Ghosts' style, especially when he's in pretty toney mode, da nigga funny as fuck.....

PoisonousDarT36
12-16-2007, 03:06 AM
i liked american gangster a lot. i can play that album and just be like, "damn, i'm listening to some good music right now'. it is what it is. jay put out a good album. say what you want about him, but from where i'm sitting he's still capable of making dope records. Beanie's flow was tight on tony siegel and there were several lyrical moments that actually caught me off guard. the line "you have to cut me out this track like cancer" was nice too. he's a decent MC.

i'm starting to feel the ghost album a little more now. BDR is solid, though it's not fishscale either. but ghost rips it in several places and attacks the thing real strongly. i'm just ready to hear a new style from him. i wanna hear him switch it up. in the meantime, i'm banging yolandas house, rec room therapy (how dope is that beat??) supa gfk, killa lipstick, etc. smuggling heroin in cactus 24/7.

american gangster is still album of the year for me and yes it is soulful, and a great rap album with amazing production

and beans isnt too good nowadays (his album is wack) but his verse on toney sigel was decent, especially the "kill niggas at the drop of a dime, imagine what i do for a quarter" line.

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-16-2007, 03:15 AM

Thats because your a vegan.... vegans don't like fishes

Hahahaha get it? failed atempt at humor, I know......... I'll just take on the more serious cut-the-bullshit type man...

ballistic
12-16-2007, 11:08 AM
yeah, ghost is the illest of the illest man. he's such an undeniable inexorable personality, you know? he's on that fly late-80s intergalactic shit. ghost is a wild dude and he has that soulful production. he's a mad tactician of the rhythm, the exponents of his music, practitioning dopeness, the progenitor of the harbor style. who else puts it down like ghost man? who's fucking with his wutang forever supreme clientele era? fuck that man...ghost is top ten all time. just a complete left-field specialist man. left-field specialist.

i love wu-tang for all the possible permutations of different wu MCs on a track...think of all those possible ill permutations man...those mathematics in your cerebellum's circumference you dig what i'm saying? ghost rae and meth.....rza gza INS streetlife meth ghost....masta killa u-god streetlife...masta killa gza ghost....rae ghost odb....those different chambers man! any combination of components, it's ripped directly through. like running a knife down a burlap sack. in the morning. imagine the feel of cutting through that with that tough ripping noise as the sun comes up and shit. that's that wu-tang. that's that ghost. that morning burlap rip in the fucking burlap sack raw what you lack rat a tat scat rhyme blot baseball hat hit for stats and get for syndrome taps...uh...

Esquire
12-16-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah, ghost is the illest of the illest man. he's such an undeniable inexorable personality, you know? he's on that fly late-80s intergalactic shit. ghost is a wild dude and he has that soulful production. he's a mad tactician of the rhythm, the exponents of his music, practitioning dopeness, the progenitor of the harbor style. who else puts it down like ghost man? who's fucking with his wutang forever supreme clientele era? fuck that man...ghost is top ten all time. just a complete left-field specialist man. left-field specialist.

i love wu-tang for all the possible permutations of different wu MCs on a track...think of all those possible ill permutations man...those mathematics in your cerebellum's circumference you dig what i'm saying? ghost rae and meth.....rza gza INS streetlife meth ghost....masta killa u-god streetlife...masta killa gza ghost....rae ghost odb....those different chambers man! any combination of components, it's ripped directly through. like running a knife down a burlap sack. in the morning. imagine the feel of cutting through that with that tough ripping noise as the sun comes up and shit. that's that wu-tang. that's that ghost. that morning burlap rip in the fucking burlap sack raw what you lack rat a tat scat rhyme blot baseball hat hit for stats and get for syndrome taps...uh...

lol, somehow that all made sense.

ballistic
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah man. i love knowledge. you talk about that W, that's that wisdom, that's that wisdom of the universe. for the nations, to Allah. Allah is just another presentation of the great Buddha of nothingness and bliss and casual effortless self-realization. he said he cut his eye, in sparring.

noel411
12-18-2007, 02:03 AM
This record has a few good songs, a lot of average songs, and a few horrible songs.

Overall: Forgettable.

claaa7
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
01 - At The Cabana Skit
02 - The Barell Brothers (4/5)
03 - Yolanda's House (5/5)
04 - We Celebrate (3/5)
05 - Walk Around (4/5)
06 - Yapp City (4/5)
07 - White Linen Affair (3/5)
08 - Supa GFK (4/5)
09 - Rec-Room Therapy (4/5)
10 - The Prayer
11 - I'll Die For You (4/5)
12 - Praisley Darts (4/5)
13 - Shakey Dog Starring Lolita (5/5)
14 - !
15 - Killa Lipstick (3.5/5)
16 - Slow Down (4/5)

It's a really solid piece of work though it lacks innovation and creativity which makes it an album full of good tracks but nothing that really stands out. Good to see him bring more than half the Generals to the table, a tradition that every Clan member should carry on with for their solo releases. Personally I think the album is overshadowed by the recent releases of 8 Diagrams and American Gangster (because of the similarities in production and style). The Big Doe Rehab ends up as a short but sweet album that if executed better might had been a runner-up for the title of best album of the year but as of now it's pretty far from that position.
Overall: 7.5/10

PoisonousDarT36
12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
01 - At The Cabana Skit
02 - The Barell Brothers (4/5)
03 - Yolanda's House (5/5)
04 - We Celebrate (3/5)
05 - Walk Around (4/5)
06 - Yapp City (4/5)
07 - White Linen Affair (4/5)
08 - Supa GFK (3/5)
10 - The Prayer
11 - I'll Die For You (4/5)
12 - Praisley Darts (4/5)
13 - Shakey Dog Starring Lolita (4/5)
14 - !
15 - Killa Lipstick (3.5/5)
16 - Slow Down (4/5)

It's a really solid piece of work though it lacks innovation and creativity which makes it an album full of good tracks but nothing that really stands out. Good to see him bring more than half the Generals to the table, a tradition that every Clan member should carry on with for their solo releases. Personally I think the album is overshadowed by the recent releases of 8 Diagrams and American Gangster (because of the similarities in production and style). The Big Doe Rehab ends up as a short but sweet album that if executed better might had been a runner-up for the title of best album of the year but as of now it's pretty far from that position.
Overall: 7.5/10

i agree with almost all of your ratings, and the final score. nice summary too, i agree that AG and 8D are better records.

LiquidSwords32
12-18-2007, 10:36 PM
lol, somehow that all made sense.

yeah it did

ballistic
12-19-2007, 03:09 AM
supreme clientele and madvillainy are the two best album of the 2000's so far.

bruinlax22
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Love this album, def gonna get more play than my 8 Diagrams, not really sayin much though.

noel411
12-20-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm listening to this record now and will rate each song as I go.

2. Toney Sigel...3/10
3. Yolanda's House...7.5/10
4. We Celebrate...1/10
5. Walk Around...7/10
6. Yapp City...4/10
7. White Linen...3/10
8. Supa GFK...7/10
9. Rec Room Therapy...7.5/10
11. I'll Die For You...6/10
12. Paisley Darts...8.5/10
13. Shakey Dog...6/10
15. Killa Lipstick...7/10
16. Slow Down...6/10

Overall...6/10 (Not based on averages of scores for individual tracks).

There's some good songs on it. Only a few bad ones. But in the end the album as a package just doesn't impress me. It just seems like a bunch of random tracks thrown together. I like it better than the 2 fish ones anyway, so that's something I guess. It's a decent album, but forgettable nonetheless.

PoisonousDarT36
12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm listening to this record now and will rate each song as I go.

2. Toney Sigel...3/10
3. Yolanda's House...7.5/10
4. We Celebrate...1/10
5. Walk Around...7/10
6. Yapp City...4/10
7. White Linen...3/10
8. Supa GFK...7/10
9. Rec Room Therapy...7.5/10
11. I'll Die For You...6/10
12. Paisley Darts...8.5/10
13. Shakey Dog...6/10
15. Killa Lipstick...7/10
16. Slow Down...6/10

Overall...6/10 (Not based on averages of scores for individual tracks).

There's some good songs on it. Only a few bad ones. But in the end the album as a package just doesn't impress me. It just seems like a bunch of random tracks thrown together. I like it better than the 2 fish ones anyway, so that's something I guess. It's a decent album, but forgettable nonetheless.

cmon man this is a little harsh. and no way yolanda's house is a 7.5.

deadlymelody
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
You know what, that man Ghostface Killah certainly knows how to put out albums every 8 or so months. It’s odd that this album feels so rushed when it’s basically been nearly 2 years since his last REAL, official album came out. I don’t think many people have been spinning “More Fish” for the past 12 months, so it comes as a surprise that this album didn’t receive much hype. “Big Dough Rehab” does nothing daring, nothing experimental, nothing to push the envelope; yet, as only Ghostface may have it, he delivers album is chock full of the Pretty Toney storytelling and no-name producer’s soulful beats. The result, nothing to scoff at spending $15 at, nor anything to proclaim it in the same class as his masterpiece’s “Supreme Clientele,” and “Ironman.”

At the Cabana- N/A- skit

The Barrel Brothers- 4/5- A 4/5 seems like a bit of a stretch when you consider that the guest verses were suspect, but this is your prototypical opener to a Ghostface album. An ringing beat, and a charismatic Ghostface verse. It never fails. Good opener track.

Yolanda’s House- 5/5- Never have the first 10 seconds of a track been more misleading, because I thought this track was going to be trash with what I heard in the first 10 seconds. Then the beat drops, and it’s spectacular. What separates a 3/5 track or a 4/5 track from being a 5/5 is the lyricism. This is a 5/5 because you have Ghostface, Method Man with one of his better verses, and Raekwon, who can never bring a track down. Outstanding track, it may be one of the 20 best of the year.

We Celebrate- 2.5/5- This track is flawed, but yet it’s listenable because it’s not trying to be serious. For some reason the “fun-factor” of this track prevents it from being completely skip-able, and Ghostface delivers some funny lyrics. Not a classic song by any means, because that guy screaming is very annoying.

Walk Around- 3/5- This kind of track is commonplace in every Ghostface album. Violin and horn beat that is nothing to write about, with a slower paced Ghosface story verse. There is nothing horrible about this track, but also nothing awe-inspiring because it seems complacent.

Yapp City- 4/5- I like this track. The beat is very hard hitting, it really blasts with a good system. Lyrically, it’s fairly average, but they all flow well. I listen to this track for the beat is basically what I’m saying.

White Linen Affair- 1/5- Shawn Wigs, that’s all that needs to be said.

Supa GFK- 4/5- Very solid remake. Lyrically, Ghostface rips it to shreds. I love the hook. Ghostface also always has to have a track like this, similar to “Holla.” It doesn’t bother me, but it bothers some fans for some reason. I dig this track a lot.

Rec-Room Therapy- 3.5/5- This seems to be a top favorite for this album, but I don’t see it. Very old, 80’s sounding beat that does nothing to stand out. I like U-God’s verse on here, he flowed very well. Ghostface and Raekwon drop nothing memorable.

The Prayer- N/A- I don’t know why, but I like this. It’s completely out of nowhere, but I think it’s what the guy is singing that compels to listen to this. Nice song.

I’ll Die For You- 3/5- Once again, another violin-clad beat, with simple drums and bass. Another example of not doing anything daring and simply going with something that won’t fail. That’s what makes track skip-able.

Paisley Darts- 4/5- Finally, a very up-tempo posse-cut. I’m really liking the beat, seems the closest to a RZA beat on here. Lengthy track, but it goes by fast. Solid verses from nearly everyone here. Specifically Ghost, Rae, and Meth. That’s no surprise.

Shakey Dog- 4.5/5- I love that the “Shakey Dog” theme was continued on this album. I believe that the “Shakey Dog” off of Fishscale will be looked upon as a classic Ghostface track in the years to come, so it’s going to be very tough to make a continuation track that has the same accolades. Even with a tough precedent to exceed, this is a flat out banging track. A lot slower than the original, but the beat is good in and of itself, and of course with Ghost and Rae you aren’t going to go wrong. 3rd best track on the album.

!- N/A

Killa Lipstick- 4/5- I love this track. Method Man on the hook is perfect, and the verses are thoughtful. I really like this beat for some reason. I like “Wildflower” Ghostface better than I do “Killa Lipstick” Ghostface. Still though, a nice track. Also, Masta Killa never drops something that I shake my head at. He’s amazing.

Slow Down-2.5/5- Not a terrible song, but I quit listening to this album or start over this album after Killa Lipstick. Should have left this off.

Overall, this is not an album that compares to his masterpiece albums, and it doesn’t compare to the very solid “Fishscale.” Fishscale has really stood out to me, and it’s been nearly 2 years since it was released. The real debate is whether this measures up to Pretty Toney or Bulletproof Wallets. It’s tough, because this has no track (besides White Linen Affair, which perhaps I’m a little harsh on simply because of Shawn Wigs) that really brings this album down, as opposed to Pretty Toney (Tush, Ghostface). As of right now, and certainly subject to change, I rate his body work as follows:
Ironman- 5/5
Supreme Clientele- 5/5
Fishscale- 4.5/5
Pretty Toney- 4/5
Big Dough Rehab- 3.5/5
Bulletproof Wallets- 3.5/5
More Fish- 2.5/5

Hollow Dartz
12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Noel411 is a ghost hater

junius
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
01 - At The Cabana Skit
02 - The Barell Brothers (2/5)-- guest verses horrendous; ya'll dis G-Unit & give this shit props? even Yayo murks it. "Funny" Jay-Z signs rappers who make him look awesome by comparison isn't it?
03 - Yolanda's House (4/5)-- about as good as it gets here
04 - We Celebrate (3/5)-- i never heard UGK either (RIP Pimp C.)
05 - Walk Around (4/5)-- this is almost top notch; not as hot as "Pretty Toney" but worthy
06 - Yapp City (3/5)-- uh, i DO believe this came out his dick; generic Ghost.
07 - White Linen Affair (3/5)-- really more of a skit than a song & the skit SUCKS.
08 - Supa GFK (3/5)
10 - The Prayer (4/5)-- wait wait-- i thought singing was for pussies?!
11 - I'll Die For You (3/5)-- good verses over awful beat; if this was on, say, a Capone solo cd ya'll would be merciless
12 - Praisley Darts (4/5)-- see above, which reminds me Jeru "Still Rising" > "BDR"
13 - Shakey Dog Starring Lolita (4/5)
14 - !
15 - Killa Lipstick (3/5)-- Ghost is good, again < "Pretty Toney" sex rap with one of Meth's gayest verses ever. "Tical 0: Prequel 2" anyone?
16 - Slow Down (4/5)-- ya'll think Chrisette Michelle shaves her pussy all the way or likes a finger in her ass when you hit it from behind? Ghost sounds inspired so my guess is yes.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10; not many real highs, some hideous lows & a lot of just okay. Best parts of "More Fish" peak higher, "Bulletproof Wallets" kills it, therefore his worst solo.

noel411
12-21-2007, 03:44 AM
cmon man this is a little harsh. and no way yolanda's house is a 7.5.
They're just my ratings, dude. If they seem harsh to you then we obviously have a difference of opinion here. Nothing wrong with that. Yolanda's House is a nice track. 7.5/10 is a high rating. Just cause I'm not like most people, who give every good track a 9 or 10, doesn't mean my ratings are unfair. Just realistic.
Noel411 is a ghost hater
Why? Because I'm honest and realistic? Sorry dude, but I'm not one of those people who overrates everything they hear. We already have enough of them here. What exactly makes me a hater? 6/10 is a very reasonable score, especially for an album that is messy and forgettable overall.

I would give Mr Excitement a 2/10, The Prequel a 2/10, Trials and Tribs of Russel Jones a 0.5/10...Does that mean I'm a U-God, Meth and ODB hater too?

PoisonousDarT36
12-21-2007, 04:00 AM
They're just my ratings, dude. If they seem harsh to you then we obviously have a difference of opinion here. Nothing wrong with that. Yolanda's House is a nice track. 7.5/10 is a high rating. Just cause I'm not like most people, who give every good track a 9 or 10, doesn't mean my ratings are unfair. Just realistic.

Why? Because I'm honest and realistic? Sorry dude, but I'm not one of those people who overrates everything they hear. We already have enough of them here. What exactly makes me a hater? 6/10 is a very reasonable score, especially for an album that is messy and forgettable overall.

I would give Mr Excitement a 2/10, The Prequel a 2/10, Trials and Tribs of Russel Jones a 0.5/10...Does that mean I'm a U-God, Meth and ODB hater too?

I guess its better than giving every track a 5/5, like some people do. But 7.5 isn't that high; it's the same thing as 3.75/5.

And come on man Mr. Excitement is not a 2/10. 1/10 at best lol

noel411
12-21-2007, 05:05 AM
For me 7.5/10 is a high score. I probably rate a little differently to most people. See for me, say I'm gonna give Duel of the Iron Mic or Criminology a 10/10, then giving Yolanda's House only 2.5 less points seems more than fair. To me a 9 or a 10 is a really outstanding track. Like a really, really bangin' jam. 7.5-8.5 is a great track. A well above average track.

And honestly, I wrote 1/10 for Mr. Excitement at first, but I really haven't heard it for that long that I don't remember it for shit. I just know it was disastrous.

hide1998
12-21-2007, 11:23 AM
noel411 is one of those people that thinks being overly critical in rating somehow make his ratings more "realistic" than those who rate everything they like a 5/5. When, in reality, he's exactly on that level.

But then again, his track record with Ghost isn't too good post-Supreme, so I don't know why anyone is surprised at his ratings.

noel411
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
yeah but giving we celebrate a 1 and paisley darts an 8.5 is ridiculous. it completely undermines your credibility.
I actually gave We Celebrate a 0 at first. How can you really justify giving any points to a track you find entirely objectionable? The only way I can justify giving it that one point is that although I can't stand the track, it's not actually THAT bad. Just unbearable to me. And what's wrong with giving Paisley Darts an 8.5/10? It's a great track. Not legendary or anything, but still a killer track.
noel411 is one of those people that thinks being overly critical in rating somehow make his ratings more "realistic" than those who rate everything they like a 5/5. When, in reality, he's exactly on that level.
You see the problem with that suggestion is that I actually don't think I'm being overly critical at all.
But then again, his track record with Ghost isn't too good post-Supreme, so I don't know why anyone is surprised at his ratings.
Well I'm glad you're keeping a track record of my opinions. They are rather priceless.

Btw, I didn't read this whole thread, but from what I saw I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed by this album. Why all the attention on me?

noel411
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
It's basically just personal taste. Paisley Darts is far from unique, but it's a really nice track, and although it's not original in the least I still enjoy it a lot. As for We Celebrate, it doesn't really matter what the track set out to do or represents, because I'm just giving my personal ratings based on how I personally feel about the tracks. I'm not actually trying to give a rating based on how how well constructed or executed the tracks are. Just how I feel about them.

Shakey Dog is a nice track. I do like it. I believe I gave it a 6. That's a slightly above average score, and to me it's a slightly above average track. Although I like it, I'd have to say I could quite easily just forget about. I definitely wouldn't skip it or anything, but I wouldn't get excited over it either.

junius
12-21-2007, 11:29 PM
how about "Celebrate" in UGK's catalog six months before? (to say that Bun B >>>>>> Beanie Sigel on every level isn't even funny.)

some of Ghost's guest & beat choices here are soooooo suspect, Noel is correct: shit gets to be intolerable at a certain point, & should be called out, likewise the double-standard Ghost versus RZA. even "Starter" is totally hardbody compared to some of this dogshit.

meanwhile, the RZA haters ** still ** haven't told us a single detail of the supposed "court" victory Ghost claimed; it could be true but why aren't ya'll looking that shit up?

cd
12-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Ghostface is in an interesting position especially as a member of the Wu. Usually Wu group and solo albums get reviews that are way harsher than they should be. Ghost is the only opposite, he gets praised more than he should. It's interesting that he's under Jay now bc he is somewhat similar now. A way above average artist that has chosen to produce average stuff below his ability, quite often, creating a buzz of praise for overrated material. Once again BDR is a good album of average songs that really has no replay value. i enjoyed it the first few listens and then it actually became annoying as a whole.

Tony Siegel: An average mixtape cut

Yolanda's House: Really nice track with good work from everyone

Celebrate: This just has a beat that someone is gonna feel or absolutely hate. I like this song, it's entertaining

Walk Around: One of my favorites although the beat really reminds me of We Made It

Yapp City: Another average mixtape cut

White Linen Affair: Good effort, at times good but also just has silly annoying parts that hold it back as a song

Supa GFK: For someone who can be so creative, Ghost really goes quite the opposite a lot. This is much better when Redman does it.

Rec Room Therapy: My favorite track, love the beat and it's subtle changes. All three come great on this.

I'll Die for you: Good track although Ghost lyrics arent consistent throughout

Paisley Darts: A great lineup but an average track. Wasn't impressed at first, but has sounded a little better the last listen

Shakey Dog II: Another average uninteresting track that should have been more.

!: this always annoys me. Don't credit this as a track, it's insulting

Killa Lipstick: Another reused beat which Ghost loves to do, decent track. Makes me laugh though when people complain a WU track isnt hard enough but at the same time praise Ghost for stuff like this

Slow Down: Great track. Ghost really shines on tracks like this.

Overall a decent album but nowhere near as good as reviews seem to be saying. And stating it's much superior than 8D is pretty laughable. I'm happy that Ghost is getting some limelight, but to become more accepted he became more average

noel411
12-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I can't believe the God was online and he didn't hit the God wit dat new Soup Bone isht.

CITY ZEEKER
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
gave it a 2nd spin, had to say its OK now, yapp city, yolandas house, killa lipstick yeh there dope. but this album is focusing more for mainstream listeners kinda upset about ghosts new style but like he said "GET MONEY" - that rec room joint was trash with his ass yelling GET MONEY, god damn

jokostyle
12-29-2007, 03:13 AM
Ghostface is in an interesting position especially as a member of the Wu. Usually Wu group and solo albums get reviews that are way harsher than they should be. Ghost is the only opposite, he gets praised more than he should. It's interesting that he's under Jay now bc he is somewhat similar now. A way above average artist that has chosen to produce average stuff below his ability, quite often, creating a buzz of praise for overrated material. Once again BDR is a good album of average songs that really has no replay value. i enjoyed it the first few listens and then it actually became annoying as a whole.

Tony Siegel: An average mixtape cut

Yolanda's House: Really nice track with good work from everyone

Celebrate: This just has a beat that someone is gonna feel or absolutely hate. I like this song, it's entertaining

Walk Around: One of my favorites although the beat really reminds me of We Made It

Yapp City: Another average mixtape cut

White Linen Affair: Good effort, at times good but also just has silly annoying parts that hold it back as a song

Supa GFK: For someone who can be so creative, Ghost really goes quite the opposite a lot. This is much better when Redman does it.

Rec Room Therapy: My favorite track, love the beat and it's subtle changes. All three come great on this.

I'll Die for you: Good track although Ghost lyrics arent consistent throughout

Paisley Darts: A great lineup but an average track. Wasn't impressed at first, but has sounded a little better the last listen

Shakey Dog II: Another average uninteresting track that should have been more.

!: this always annoys me. Don't credit this as a track, it's insulting

Killa Lipstick: Another reused beat which Ghost loves to do, decent track. Makes me laugh though when people complain a WU track isnt hard enough but at the same time praise Ghost for stuff like this

Slow Down: Great track. Ghost really shines on tracks like this.

Overall a decent album but nowhere near as good as reviews seem to be saying. And stating it's much superior than 8D is pretty laughable. I'm happy that Ghost is getting some limelight, but to become more accepted he became more average

I could have written this review !!!!!!! (i wrote similar observations especially about the mixtape stuff and rec room therapy, perhaps the most subtle BDR track, when it leaked)
i feel almost exactly the same since the first listen. For sure he could do better and choose better beats. It isn t necessarily due to budget restrictions (i dont think that SOM paid billions for saviorz day beat !!!! i wonder me if "metal lungies" and "love" cost more per beat than the stuff he picked from the hitmen, i want to know if someone forces him to "work" with the MF named anthony "acid" who fucked up the fishscale/more fish sound and some BDR beats...)

hide1998
12-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Lyrically, Ghost killed the album more consistently than any album he has since since Supreme. I don't get how some of you are seeing it any other way. An average rapper does not possess the skills to paint the images in the vivid detailed manner that Ghost did on tracks like Walk Around or Shakey Dog II for example. The fact someone called Shakey Dog II average and uninteresting (and that someone actually CO-SIGNED those sentiments) proves that some people aren't listening to lyrics. The beats were generally really good (with a more street vibe to them than Ghost has had for a full album since Supreme). There was none of these huge sonic leaps that made More Fish, Fishscale, Pretty Tony, and Bulletproof (all of which I enjoyed) sound uneven at times.

irish ins
12-29-2007, 11:28 AM
i think its a great album love the beats,rhymes the only thing missing is an MF Doom track, sorry but Ghosts most creative tracks have been over MF beats- underwater,Alex,Angeles. apart from that still lovin the album. Originally when i heard both albums i
preferred BDR by a mile but now starting to appreciate 8D a bit more but overall love the style, theme,guests and production on BDR.8.5/9 outta 10 for me

hide1998
12-29-2007, 12:44 PM
i think its a great album love the beats,rhymes the only thing missing is an MF Doom track, sorry but Ghosts most creative tracks have been over MF beats- underwater,Alex,Angeles. apart from that still lovin the album. Originally when i heard both albums i
preferred BDR by a mile but now starting to appreciate 8D a bit more but overall love the style, theme,guests and production on BDR.8.5/9 outta 10 for me

I love Ghost's tracks with MF Doom, but all of their tracks would've sounded
out of place on BDR. The consistent vibe of this album is one this album's strong points in my opinion.

jokostyle
12-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Lyrically, Ghost killed the album more consistently than any album he has since since Supreme. I don't get how some of you are seeing it any other way. An average rapper does not possess the skills to paint the images in the vivid detailed manner that Ghost did on tracks like Walk Around or Shakey Dog II for example. The fact someone called Shakey Dog II average and uninteresting (and that someone actually CO-SIGNED those sentiments) proves that some people aren't listening to lyrics.
Generally, hip hop song = lyrics, beat, style/flow, interpretation and sometimes others things. One single element can spoil the others.It wasn t an acapella album (and the interpretations aren t perfect at all IMO). And you also judge an artist that you follow considering what he already did, especially when he try to do the same (i m know talking about the beats).

The beats were generally really good (with a more street vibe to them than Ghost has had for a full album since Supreme). There was none of these huge sonic leaps that made More Fish, Fishscale, Pretty Tony, and Bulletproof (all of which I enjoyed) sound uneven at times.

i can interpolate what you wrote and say "The fact someone called the beats really good proves that some people aren't listening to beats" but i won't.

Peace.

underboss
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
STR8 FIRE.........

Upon 1st listen, it already sounds better than 8 Diagrams :hooray:

Ghostface never disappoints..

01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
03 Yolanda's House [ft. Raekwon and Method Man]
04 We Celebrate [ft. Kid Capri]
05 Walk Around
06 Yapp City [ft. Trife Da God, Solomon Childs and Sun God]
07 White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) [ft. Shawn Wigs]
08 Supa GFK
09 Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God]
10 Skit - The Prayer [performed by Ox]
11 I'll Die for You
12 Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna]
13 Skit - ! [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
14 Shakey Dog Starring Lolita [ft. Raekwon]
15 Killa Lipstick [ft. Method Man and Masta Killa]
16 Slow Down [ft. Chrisette Michele]

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
yeah, ghost is the illest of the illest man. he's such an undeniable inexorable personality, you know? he's on that fly late-80s intergalactic shit.

what u just said hit a nerve

i mean the question is whether u buy into his personality when listening to ghost

peeps are disappointed in him not spitting that wild shit he did 10 years ago aint into his persona now. they call it average I call it straight up hip hop

but thats w/e - props for helping my brain understand

Mali Caj
01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Excellent album to me... :D

peace !

Tzaosirus
01-04-2008, 08:32 AM
The intro is shit - but the album is the bomb!!! Better than last 2!

GFK - The man!

12weLvE
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Skit - At the Cabana Skit [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]

Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers [ft. Beanie Sigel and Solomon Childs] 5/5 Classic

Yolanda's House [ft. Raekwon and Method Man] 5/5 This shit is funny haha. Ill though

We Celebrate [ft. Kid Capri] 4/5 Kid Capri messes it up.

Walk Around 5/5 I really enjoyed this, especially the singing and the ending.

Yapp City [ft. Trife Da God, Solomon Childs and Sun God] 4/5 Average NYC track.

White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) [ft. Shawn Wigs] 4/5 WIGS SUCKS!!!!!!

Supa GFK 5/5 YES YES. Great track.

Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God] 5/5 "Get money--Get Money Ghost" haha

Skit - The Prayer [performed by Ox]

I'll Die for You 4/5

Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna] 5/5 Classic WU BANGER!!

Skit - ! [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]

Shakey Dog Starring Lolita [ft. Raekwon] 4.5/5

Killa Lipstick [ft. Method Man and Masta Killa] 5/5 Addicting beat right here. Everybody came correct even the hook was ill.

Slow Down [ft. Chrisette Michele] 4/5

When doesnt Ghost come through??? He will go down as one of the greatest for this AMAZING catalog.

CELL
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM
What the fuck is the deal with this faggot ass track on here?
Killa Lipstick....wtf?

CELL
01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
pics or it didn't happen

RynMur
01-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Some of you wu fans dissapoint me. Trying to make it sound like we have to pick either 8D or BDR. Na fuck that, both of the albums are nice. I can't believe some people are rating this album average. This album is top ten of the year. Period.

Top 3: Yolanda's House, Walk Around, Rec-Room Therapy

Overall Grade: (4.5/5) A

Edit: Is there no official thread to review 8 Diagrams?

Mr. X
01-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Toney Sigel is one of, if not, the best track on this album.

Solid album 4.5/5

Asasasin
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Big doe was ok

SoulInDeed
01-25-2008, 06:57 PM
What's better? Big Doe or Made in Brooklyn? I'm tryin to decide which one to get.

InvincibleArmor79
01-26-2008, 07:50 AM
What's better? Big Doe or Made in Brooklyn? I'm tryin to decide which one to get.

definately pick up BDR, a sick album for sure... MIB has maybe 3-4 tight songs

90proof_Vodka
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Not one of the best albums, sounds more like pop-hop. And clip made for track We Celebrate and the track its self are more like 50, mainstream music. There are some good verses but in overall it sucks. More Fish album was much better. And no way it can be said that The Big Doe Rehab iz betta album than 8D, fuck dat.. 8d is in its originality, and Rehab is just an album, but it even dont sound like a wu album...I want Ironman Part II not a fuckin crap, people want to hear fuckin kung fu shit and dope fuckin beatz straight from a fuckin shaolin temple, no this celebratin bullshit. and my advise for Ghost would be not mackin stupid videos for youtube,to force people buy his album but mackin some raw shit. good shit dont need to be advertised, as in example i think 8D sold well for an album without any heavy advertising.

the insignificant
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
typical recent release by ghost... starts off good but runs badly out of steam 2/3 in... but definitely his best since supreme clientele

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-10-2008, 02:12 AM
it's a good album, a little better than average cuz Yolanda's House is a classic and cuz Ghost doesn't disappoint

SG
02-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Quality...dope, must have if your a fan

Man @ Armz
02-16-2008, 06:36 PM
enjoyed better the 8D both solid albums but i gotta be in the mood for 8D this is just one of the cd u can bang no matter what

Mic Tyson
03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
better than 8 diagrams. good album from ghostface even though i don't like him that much

pmack215
03-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Not one of the best albums, sounds more like pop-hop. And clip made for track We Celebrate and the track its self are more like 50, mainstream music. There are some good verses but in overall it sucks. More Fish album was much better. And no way it can be said that The Big Doe Rehab iz betta album than 8D, fuck dat.. 8d is in its originality, and Rehab is just an album, but it even dont sound like a wu album...I want Ironman Part II not a fuckin crap, people want to hear fuckin kung fu shit and dope fuckin beatz straight from a fuckin shaolin temple, no this celebratin bullshit. and my advise for Ghost would be not mackin stupid videos for youtube,to force people buy his album but mackin some raw shit. good shit dont need to be advertised, as in example i think 8D sold well for an album without any heavy advertising.

BDR fuckin blows. i've given this album 3 tries. the beats are horrible. NO WU BEATS!!!!!! why dont these cats see that if the rhymes are weak, it can still be 'accepted' (to a degree i guess) and listened to if they have great production? the pillage is the perfect example. cappa has no rhymes on there, but the beats are so ill that i still like to listen to it from time to time.
the sound of BDR just couldnt be further from "WU". its like "lex diamonds" or "immobilarity". and ghost doesnt even seem to stick to the title. where is that theme throughout the album????
damn he's mad at wu right now!!!! fish & more fish are way better than BDR; and "pretty" blows BDR out of the water.
i dont understand how wu fans like it. i'm jealous. i wish i did. i HATE not liking a wu release. and I LOVE ghost!!!!!

Hollow Dartz
03-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Poll....

gasoline boots
03-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Toney Sigel is one of, if not, the best track on this album.

Solid album 4.5/5

That song would be my favorite if it weren't for the way it fades out at the end. For some reason that bothers me.

This album was a classic to me the first time I played it.

urbanlegend
04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Listening to the album a couple other times, I can really feel Ghost on this album. You can see what direction he's going for and what he's trying to get across.

In saying that, I feel the album could have been better overall, which would include the beat selection on the album. All-in-all, I was much harsher on the album at first, but it's grown on me since.

Twiztid-Wutang
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
I dont like NONE of GFK peoples that aint wu. They sound like local artists. I dont feel em.

The beats is cool, but nothing spectacular we aint all heard before

elantratuner
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
the pillage is the perfect example. cappa has no rhymes on there

Ughh The Pillage is dope son, Cappa was spittin tight, as were the beats.

claaa7
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
anybody still pumping Big Doe Rehab, i think i played it maybe 10 times since it's release date. haven't bumped it once in the last 2 months i think, very low replay value.

irish ins
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
still gets play from me,got more than the last 2 albums FS and MF but not as much as PT which got less than BPW which got less than SC/IM

IrOnMaN
05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
anybody still pumping Big Doe Rehab, i think i played it maybe 10 times since it's release date. haven't bumped it once in the last 2 months i think, very low replay value.

Are you kidding me? I play BDR like every three days. It's a banger! ;)

Surreptitious
05-01-2008, 06:46 PM
the only track worth a shit on that album is Yolands House, the rest is garbage

Sgt Holly Wood
05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
banger, 8/10 album

better than 8d hands down!

Surreptitious
05-01-2008, 07:21 PM
^steels your out of your fuckin mind this time

Sgt Holly Wood
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
lol how ^

big dough rehab got bangin shit, paisley darts, killa lipstick, yolanda's house, shakey dog starrin lolita/ the beats aint bad, overall a pretty solid banger imo

8d only has like 3 tracks i bump and 2 of those are pretty average actually, rushing elephants is the only banger in that album, heart gently weeps is average cool beat but still average, sunlight is average ive heard better tracks similar to this such as tragedy and sunshower, and wolves aint too bad either kinda average also... the beats were mostly ehhh, and lyricwise i expected way way more.. 6/10 album at max

so yeah...

Surreptitious
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm just speaking in terms of Big Do, paisley darts, killa lipstick, shakey sog... decent at best, theyre all missing something, Yolandas House is the only banger... but to each his own

Sgt Holly Wood
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
no doubt ^

TheWolf
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I listened to most of these tracks on the net, once, and decided not to buy, or download it.

Just sounds....meh, to me. All the tracks sound OK but nothing really stands out and makes me want to listen again. Been feeling this way about Ghost lately. Also is it just because I heard them on YouTube, or has this album got NO BASS??

I've bought all his albums up to this, and Ironman and SC are the only one's that get play anymore.

IrOnMaN
05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
the only track worth a shit on that album is Yolands House, the rest is garbage

}:|........

Freeze
05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
this joint is a banger, Ghost doing his thing
props

Peace

Freeze

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-06-2008, 03:05 AM

i've bumped it allot since it came out but recently maybe a few times in the last month and 8diagrams been bumpped more because it was the better album i just feel if ghost took more time and really molded it like fishscale had that tender care of making the album

pmack215
05-06-2008, 10:18 AM
it doesnt have that "wu" feel at all! i'm not diggin' the solos that dont have the wu sound.

Mute'SuperioReflex
05-12-2008, 09:44 AM
he dropped another above average/solid album to his overwhelming addictive collection....

*blantantly ignores the BPW version after the original*

I liked how he continued on with the Shakey Dog story and his domino-effect flow from Toney Sigel, Paisley Darts etc..

i'm not rating it....

you all know what Above Average means.....

6² Chambaz
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Banger

masamune_massacre
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Paisley Darts off of that album was on repeat on my stereo for hours! I think this album is totally underrated, some of the beats are verging on RnB as oppose to hip-hop but I think the laid back approach to the rhymes are well matched.

masamune_massacre
05-12-2008, 12:35 PM
....oh and rec-room therapy is a sick joint.

Gigy
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
One of my favorite albums from Ghost.
He made it for me, that album is straight up insane.

Blaxican75
05-18-2008, 02:33 AM

4) Skits are garbage

Beans murdered that track! They had to fade him out he was so hot! One of his best verses ever IMO.

Hollow Dartz
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
LOL niggaz still hatin on Ghost cause he ain't like 8 Diagrams. Oh yeah he ripped every track he was on....

Soldier of Darkness
05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Jesus Christ, this thread is still here?

mcca555
06-10-2008, 04:25 AM
i vote ghostface most consistent

irish ins
06-10-2008, 10:49 AM
been bumping this album alot recently, can't understand any hate apart from the dick riders whose feelings were hurt because he spoke out about 8D. a great album