PDA

View Full Version : GURU - The Street Scriptures Version 7.0

Welshkillabee
08-05-2005, 03:06 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0007US7NU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Who got this CD drop your thoughts on it. I will been listening to this since I got it and its bangin much better than I expected I need to give it another listen but Guru's new producer is dope!

FlamingSwordz
08-05-2005, 04:25 AM
I haven't yet, but I'll for sure give it a listen.

Tru Masta
08-05-2005, 05:44 AM
i didn't feel it...jus missing that premo flava

Welshkillabee
08-05-2005, 06:33 AM
i didn't feel it...jus missing that premo flavaI think its a nice change Guru is a lot more diverse than just sounding good on a preemo beat. This Solar guy is a real dope producer Imo. Guru is the main attraction on this album he spits fire all over it

PDTantisocial
08-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I only listened to it a couple times, not cuz it's bad but cuz I've been gettin'a shitload of albums lately. I give it 4 stars, it's fuckin' tight, Solar is pretty tight producer, but he probably always just gonna be known as a Premo replacement now.

oldie
08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
guru n premo had too much of a name together. so peoples always compare to them been together but its an aight album..nowt special. i only gave it a few listens. i'll listen again and give aother opinion after.

oldie
08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
btw.. he has sum nice choices in the featured emcees

Welshkillabee
08-06-2005, 03:54 AM
The last track is fuckin crazy

ThaHed
08-07-2005, 04:52 PM
so dissapointin, coaster right here

Razorsharp
08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
it was..... meeeeh... you need premo's beats no gangstarr without both of them.... why did they break up anyways??!??! peace

Welshkillabee
08-08-2005, 05:55 AM
it was..... meeeeh... you need premo's beats no gangstarr without both of them.... why did they break up anyways??!??! peace
They were fed up with not getting enough sales off the Gangstarr albums

Analyze
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
its straight, I think they had a chemstry that clearly shows on this album. I didnt really check those Jazzmatazz though.

Wu Forever

PsYkOsUs
08-08-2005, 07:20 PM
i think his new producer is weak as hell... i'm glad i got the chance to hear samples of each track before i made the mistake of buyin' it... i've bought guru's other solo albums in support of Gang Starr, but they've all been weak with the exception of 'Bald Head Slick', which still doesn't hold a candle to any Gang Starr album... a Guru album without Premier is the same as a Vinnie Paz album without Stoupe... a FLOP!!!!

RIP Gang Starr... the greatest rap group that ever was...

PEACE

PSY

dipher1000
08-09-2005, 01:16 AM
i think his new producer is weak as hell... i'm glad i got the chance to hear samples of each track before i made the mistake of buyin' it... i've bought guru's other solo albums in support of Gang Starr, but they've all been weak with the exception of 'Bald Head Slick', which still doesn't hold a candle to any Gang Starr album... a Guru album without Premier is the same as a Vinnie Paz album without Stoupe... a FLOP!!!!

RIP Gang Starr... the greatest rap group that ever was...

PEACE

PSY

that "Live and Let die" shit is pretty wack. Dudes playing catch up with todays styles. Its embarassing to hear. Plus Jean Grae and Kweli fucken make him sound pretty dated. He cant match Jean's flow. Shits changed man, it aint the same.

Create
08-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Its Kinda Ass

Mixtape Mutt
08-09-2005, 03:22 AM
I think Jazzmatazz was aight. I'm use to Premo beats though.