PDA

View Full Version : Joell Ortiz soon to be dropped from Aftermath

Crack Killz
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
In the interview, Joell discusses everything from how he began to write to getting the call from Dre...and eventually to getting told that Jimmi Iovine doesn't want him there.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=16680

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm not shocked

oDoUoSoKo
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
wheres that vid used in ur gif from?

singodsuperior
11-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Aftermath wasn't the right place for joell. he needs to get with a rugged hardcore label like duckdown or he could get with d-block for all i care

GhettoGnom
11-30-2007, 06:01 AM
wheres that vid used in ur gif from?

:dududu:

Reiko
11-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Aftermath wasn't the right place for joell. he needs to get with a rugged hardcore label like duckdown or he could get with d-block for all i care

I agree he is too good to be in aftermath.

shinobi4227
11-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Thats jus the prob wit hiohop these days. iF you stick to that real hiphop shit like ortize, your shit aint gonna sell, however, if he sticks to the crap that's every hiphop artist been craping, he might jus make it. All he needs is a phat beat, shoot a video with lotta ass shaking, money tossing and bottle poppin, and he'll be good....... There's no room for real hiphop these day, look at fiasco, the dude is frustrated lol

Edgar Erebus
11-30-2007, 10:04 AM
All he needs is a phat beat, shoot a video with lotta ass shaking, money tossing and bottle poppin, and he'll be good.......

Phat?

Maybe I got a problem with definition of phat, but Dre ain't dropped a phat beat in more than year. Eminem for years. And was that 50 triumph shit "I Get Money" phat in any case?

Come on, if that's phat I can make a phat beat in 10 minutes on my FL - I'ma take "Sucka MC's" beat, slow it down, add some dirty south synths on top of that, sample the line "You a five-dollar boy, I'm a million dollar man" as chorus and sell shit to Lloyd Banks for next platinum hit "Million Dollar Man", produced by Slim T.

[Good ass idea, though. I'm impressed by myself I'ma start working on that right now. If any of y'all steals shit from me, they gonna find y'all was biting (like Apex cause) and credit me. Suuuuu!]

TrueDciple
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Send him to Def Jam!

shinobi4227
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Phat?

Maybe I got a problem with definition of phat, but Dre ain't dropped a phat beat in more than year. Eminem for years. And was that 50 triumph shit "I Get Money" phat in any case?

Come on, if that's phat I can make a phat beat in 10 minutes on my FL - I'ma take "Sucka MC's" beat, slow it down, add some dirty south synths on top of that, sample the line "You a five-dollar boy, I'm a million dollar man" as chorus and sell shit to Lloyd Banks for next platinum hit "Million Dollar Man", produced by Slim T.

[Good ass idea, though. I'm impressed by myself I'ma start working on that right now. If any of y'all steals shit from me, they gonna find y'all was biting (like Apex cause) and credit me. Suuuuu!]

i hear ya, but i didn't think fifty cents "i get money was phat" i hate that track; don't get me wrong, i love to get money, but the song didn't feel anything like getting money.

oDoUoSoKo
12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
:dududu:
wheres it from man?

and ya i know, i was kinda lookin forward to a Ortiz aftermath release...oh well.

KIND
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Aftermath is a Hip Hop Limbo

dont nobody on that label drop shit

they'll let u do a mixtape or 2 but other then that they artist neva c the light of day

when I heard Joell got picked up by Dre I was happy 4 him but then I thought about Aftermaths past history with they artist & how shit dont get done

that Rakim sitution had me suspect with them but now this shit with Rae!

not 2mention StatQue & all them other no name dudes who have been on deck 4 countless years

junius
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
on the plus side, let's HOPE Joell really is ** dropped **, i.e. he's a free agent & can go whatever way he can. the worst is a dude like Stat Quo who's been tied up for YEARS & can't do anything about it, except maybe buy himself out with $$$ he doesn't have.

don't miss Joell's verse here--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDxsNO4-dU

this was filmed in Red Hook, btw, not far from where I grew up & even closer to where Hell Razah & Shabazz are from.

Crack Killz
12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
yeah, I had to do community service in Red Hook...

not that bad, was really close to my hood.

KINGGS
12-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Joell isn't even that good, he's repetitive an boring.

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah, I had to do community service in Red Hook...

not that bad, was really close to my hood.
bro...wheres it from? (not u...i figure ur prob. from Slope, or sunset...i mean the gif clip)

junius
12-02-2007, 12:50 AM
are you in bk, dusk? only red hook kids & graf heads would recognize the spot right off-- it's clinton st near where it ends by the oil depot. i grew up in red hook (not the pjs) so i know everything down there... if you watch the "murda muzik" dvd (which i think is quite good, certainly not horrible) you'll see they shot some scenes down there instead of QB, prob. because since there was a lot less traffic.

Crack Killz
12-02-2007, 03:30 AM
bro...wheres it from? (not u...i figure ur prob. from Slope, or sunset...i mean the gif clip)

yeah, I'm from Sunset.

and it's a secret =P

GhettoGnom
12-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Hmm... It kind of remind me of Burger King.,...

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
12-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Joell be spitten mayne.

not surprise they gon drop him though

Crackers

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
dusk is near by crack killz...if i ever see u crack killz....i will make u tell me about that gif.