PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck is with Saigon?

DJMethods
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Why is this guy the next saviour, or was? I heard a few songs and liked them.. Just downloaded "Moral Of The Story" and it's average. He ruins songs with stupid beats, shit guest spots (Jay-Z on that Come On Baby remix was wack as fuck), and annoying singing.

He can spit... but he says some stupid shit, a lot of it. He even sounds whingy in songs as well as blogs.

Why was this guy getting hyped?

DUMBO
11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
cuz he's the next coming of someone who's the next coming of someone else.

DJMethods
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
The next messiah already got aborted, ODB knocked up some crack head and she took a coathanger to the pussy.

I'm serious (About Saigon), he has like 4 good songs I've heard. Nothing really special either.

Edgar Erebus
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Same problem as Papoose. Can spit, but waters shit down too much.

Oztradamus
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Saigon's album seems like it has the same release date as Rza's The Cure album...

Meta4
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Saigon has pretty much all but spelled it out for you. He's not a rapper but rather someone tryin to uplift the black community through rap music. Some of y'all can't see the bigger picture, not now and never will be able to, even after you read what I just spelled out to you. I believe the best term to describe it is 85%er.

Oztradamus
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll look for the magazine @ my crib later on tonight, and maybe post a scan :D

junius
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
"uplift"? how so? attempted murder-- ok, brother did his time, we can let that rest.

more drunken rambling than the dudes drinkin' 40s all day? threatening to beat up anyone who he thinks disses him? Saigon is the definition of stupid street nigga without the self-control for crime OR art. maybe some of ya'll who actually like him will intervene but otherwise, he's hype going backwards.

oh but Jesus told him this & that... so what is he, 5% now or fucking Jehovah's Witness?

i think it IS funny to see ya'll try to explain away what an idiot Saigon is & how he proves you wrong over & over & over again but i don't understand why ya'll bother... why not try to help out Tragedy Khadafi instead?

Storm
11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll look for the magazine @ my crib later on tonight, and maybe post a scan :D

What magazine

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
11-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Saigon is tight to me

Storm
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
^^^Have you heard his new mixtape?, theres a new song there called 'Who Can get Busy', really good song

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
yea i listen to all Saigon shit,and i disagree with the threadstarter.The remix song sai got with jay is fire

Meta4
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
why not try to help out Tragedy Khadafi instead?

I'm one of the biggest Trag fans you'll ever meet but fact of the matter is that Saigon has emerged in a time where people, maybe more than ever, need someone to uplift them. Saigon has the potential but he's gotta aim better at the target.

Trag does gangsta shit to so eat a dick kid, you just nullified your statement. I was referring to people such as yourself as an 85%er. Maybe your a 10%er though...

SaqurakiHanamichi
11-30-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm one of the biggest Trag fans you'll ever meet but fact of the matter is that Saigon has emerged in a time where people, maybe more than ever, need someone to uplift them. Saigon has the potential but he's gotta aim better at the target.

Trag does gangsta shit to so eat a dick kid, you just nullified your statement. I was referring to people such as yourself as an 85%er. Maybe your a 10%er though...

oh man stop it with the slang we are not in math class

Meta4
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
^^^wooshhhhhhhhhh

Thworldisyours
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Why is this guy the next saviour, or was? I heard a few songs and liked them.. Just downloaded "Moral Of The Story" and it's average. He ruins songs with stupid beats, shit guest spots (Jay-Z on that Come On Baby remix was wack as fuck), and annoying singing.

He can spit... but he says some stupid shit, a lot of it. He even sounds whingy in songs as well as blogs.

Why was this guy getting hyped?

Well he's dropped some good songs/mixtapes over the past 4-5 years... Warning Shots (which was like a Best of tape) is real good... Letter P, Stocking Cap, Come Again, Just A Matter of Time, Dreamz, and Saved (off the 9th Wonder album) are some of his best songs...

But real talk here, I didnt REALLY start caring about his album until I heard Just Blaze was producing it... So add good lyricist with great producer and the hype is understandable... Now, Moral of the Story wasn't that great (Saigon Meets Just Blaze is crazy, and I also like the Bleek track) but it IS just a mixtape... Hopefully this was just the leftover tracks that didnt make the album...

Still tho, this album is getting delayed more than Detox... Eventually, I'm going to lose interest altogether...

Storm
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Theres only a couple of new songs on 'The Moral Of The Story'. Theres some tracks that were released on hiphopgame.com as confirmed tracks for TGSNT but that was sometime around september or october. So those tracks might not be on it album, also the reason why the album was pushed back supposely was that Saigon was still working on it and said it wasn't ready.