PDA

View Full Version : Bible, Numbers 33:3-4 (KJV)

Koolish
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
3And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.
4For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.

LORD NOSE
11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
3And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.
4For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.

i see it as prophecy
modern day Egypt

if its not prophecy
that may have taken place nearly 4000 years ago
and i know what you are getting at

Koolish
11-30-2007, 11:42 PM
the main issue i'm raising is that "The only god is The LORD" yet God here exercises control over other gods.

there was a documentary i watched where they theorized that YHWH was the God of Israel, but it could follow logically that he was not the ONLY god in existence.

LORD NOSE
11-30-2007, 11:47 PM
the main issue i'm raising is that "The only god is The LORD" yet God here exercises control over other gods.

there was a documentary i watched where they theorized that YHWH was the God of Israel, but it could follow logically that he was not the ONLY god in existence.

the bible clearly says this

V4D3R
12-01-2007, 11:20 AM
YHWH= En.Lil