PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Social (Need serious feed!)

Max Munch
12-01-2007, 12:52 AM
No sucking up here...

I'm submitting this beat on other site for a 'Flip That Sample' contest. The prize(s) are fairly good so I'm looking for STRAIGHT UP, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Please peep my flip here:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5289624a724f06/

I'm looking for comments/tips on everything from sequencing, drums, mixing/mastering, etc.

I personally don't give a FUCK about "rep" on this site, but if it'll encourage people to give some feed, I WILL REP.

Keep in mind, I AM MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BEAT THAN WHAT'S SOUNDING GOOD!!

12weLvE
12-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Keep in mind, I AM MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BEAT THAN WHAT'S SOUNDING GOOD!!

I feel you...thats usually how I feel. Its a shame that only a handfull of people really listen and drop feed on peoples work here. Well, The drums and the bassline really compliment the beat...so thats on point, but my biggest complaint about it is how repetative it is. I mean it does have some ill chops and stabs, but, I dont know is missing a little more. As far as sound quality goes: this shit is on point.

This is a nice layback track. Good luck with that contest.

PEace

Max Munch
12-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Aight respect man, I do agree with you saying it's repetitive. Was kinda feeling that when I listened to it this morning.

I'ma add some different chops on the chorus or something. Much respect for checking man.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
You Should Throw In A Couple Breaks And Changes Ups.....And Dont Be Afreind To Add More.....Other Wise It Sound Dope

Max Munch
12-01-2007, 01:29 PM
^Mos Def needa add some change ups, gonna work on this after I get blazed.

Respect for checking Mantis.

SG
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
If I was a JUDGE

Good
The track sounds clean: professionally done

Proficiency: value of 10, you show great depth of composition

Bad(for one reason)
the intro: the quality of sound does not match the rest of song

My views are from a JUDGES perspective, but that bad portion can and will be overlooked because of your proficiency

KEEP DOING YOU

Max Munch
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
^Much respect for the feedback man.

GameOfDeath
12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Mix is a little low I'd turn the volume up but bass and drums are dope. Sample is cool. My number one complaint would be that as a whole its boring but maybe the sample was too.

Max Munch
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
^Sample was boring in my opinion. Took me a few tries to find a decent arrangement. But I may be able to switch up the chorus completely, gonna work on it now again.

Thanks for checking as usual.

singodsuperior
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree, if you can find switch up the sample it would sound a loy better.maybe you should lower the pitch or something to make the beat sound grimier.