PDA

View Full Version : Black Moon

ballistic
12-02-2007, 04:07 AM
any of yall listen to black moon? buckshot? these guys are so dope man...raw yet smooth. it's so sublime. you know what i'm talking about. how many mcs must get dissed? smif & wessun too. BOOT CAMP CLICK

Paranoid
12-02-2007, 04:16 AM
where have you been?

STYLE
12-02-2007, 04:53 AM
give him credit he was 6-7 years old when boot camp was out with that shit.

kudos for discovering the golden era of hip hop.

buckshotstheone
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM
i've never heard of Black Moon........

fortyglock
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
They're real ill, represent the grimy ny rap scene very well, enta da stage will always be a timbsn hoody classic.

ballistic
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
yeah, my boy got me into them last semester then i forgot about them but now he's playing them again but because they're winter anthems for him. i need to get some of their shit.

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
BCC...eloels.

Edgar Erebus
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
any of yall listen to black moon? buckshot? these guys are so dope man...raw yet smooth. it's so sublime. you know what i'm talking about. how many mcs must get dissed? smif & wessun too. BOOT CAMP CLICK

Niguz talk shit but that ain't my steel,
I'm the type of nigga that be ready to grill!!!....

Responsible for one of undisputed classics of East Coast rap. As group, they're even better than Mobb Deep IMO - considering they both took recording when they weren't 18 filled.

Dope ass group.

junius
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
the new Smif N Wessun is excellent too, destroys Jay-Z unless you like party rap with big $$$ production... one little known "Black Moon" is the remix of Buckshot's cd w/9th, think it's "Alter The Chemistry." that's good too but i gotta say the Beatminerz probably fell off, if not totally, a while ago. there's not one bad BCC album or mixtape yet, which is why I, for one, don't tolerate this Jay/Talib/Common orthodoxy so many asswipes here & in the pop world espouse. Fuck Jay, Talib can't carry a song let alone album & Common is just too goddamn annoying for words, whether they come from Chicago or Brooklyn, where he hangs. (& yes, I hate Kanye's shit there too-- gimme ANY Ghost first, or even the X-Clan comeback record from earlier this year.)

NY_Mami
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Yessssssssssssssssss.............................. I haven't listened to "Enta Da Stage" in a while though....... But I always listen to Buckshot's solo joints though........

ballistic
12-02-2007, 08:07 PM
the new Smif N Wessun is excellent too, destroys Jay-Z unless you like party rap with big $$$ production... one little known "Black Moon" is the remix of Buckshot's cd w/9th, think it's "Alter The Chemistry." that's good too but i gotta say the Beatminerz probably fell off, if not totally, a while ago. there's not one bad BCC album or mixtape yet, which is why I, for one, don't tolerate this Jay/Talib/Common orthodoxy so many asswipes here & in the pop world espouse. Fuck Jay, Talib can't carry a song let alone album & Common is just too goddamn annoying for words, whether they come from Chicago or Brooklyn, where he hangs. (& yes, I hate Kanye's shit there too-- gimme ANY Ghost first, or even the X-Clan comeback record from earlier this year.)

i cant really agree with you because i like those three MCs a lot but i appreciate where you're coming from. what are some BCC/BM/S&W albums yall would suggest?

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Damn ballistic....I thought you would have heard of all teh Duck Down Entertainment stuff....but I guess no matter how well you know the raps there will always be a loophole.

I guess anyone can list the classics...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM

one of the illest... i dont belive anyone in my city loves them more than me...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
i've never heard of Black Moon........

and i never smoked a joint. xD

Cthulhu
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Niguz talk shit but that ain't my steel,
I'm the type of nigga that be ready to grill!!!....

Responsible for one of undisputed classics of East Coast rap. As group, they're even better than Mobb Deep IMO - considering they both took recording when they weren't 18 filled.

Dope ass group.

I thought it was "I'm the type of nigga to put lead in your grill!"

Ghostfacekillam
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
gotta love all of the boot camp family. my fav albums of theres are

black moon - enta da stage
smif-N-wessun - da shinin'
Originoo Gun Clappaz - Da Storm

ballistic
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Damn ballistic....I thought you would have heard of all teh Duck Down Entertainment stuff....but I guess no matter how well you know the raps there will always be a loophole.

I guess anyone can list the classics...

yeah, no matter how much music you listen to there's always something you haven't heard you know.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
yeah, no matter how much music you listen to there's always something you haven't heard you know.

that the truth right there.

12-03-2007, 03:55 PM

love the beats, hate the lyrics... the mentality, to be specific.
I actually thought one time that Enta da stage is the biggest waste of dope beats ever... but maybe it's just me...

Paranoid
12-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I thought it was "I'm the type of nigga to put lead in your grill!"

It is.

Prolifical ENG
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM

give him credit he was 6-7 years old when boot camp was out with that shit.

kudos for discovering the golden era of hip hop.

I remember a few years ago I never heard of Special Ed, so of course I was called a "new jack".

I will admit that I knew about Mic Geronimo but never heard his first 2 albums yet...I am savoring the surprise. I just heard of him because he was heavily featured on Royal Flush - Ghetto Millionaire that I have slept on for 10 years. This mid 90's era is when I actually had money to start buying albums and getting into music....I wasn't in diapers

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 03:30 AM
we in the same boat, Prolific. for the longest time i knew about a lot of these groups/artists, but i lacked the funds to pick the albums up.

Ghost Deini
12-04-2007, 03:34 AM
One dope Boot Camp album that hasn't been listed...

Nocturnal!! by Heltah Skeltah.

Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshkaaaaaaa!!!!

pill happy
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
love the beats, hate the lyrics... the mentality, to be specific.
I actually thought one time that Enta da stage is the biggest waste of dope beats ever... but maybe it's just me...

yeah, i agree with this to a certain extent, theres a line in one the songs one of the albums, "i'm a dumb nigga with no brains" or something to that effect,

STYLE
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM

i was about to say that. the Nocturnal album is a must for any BCC fan.

i think that album is BCC best out together project. it ws at their peak.

Black moon favs---"slave"

"i got ya opin"
x1h8fDvjBB0

"who got the props"
bdGkz5pvpx8

"how many mcs?"
dKKicEjGvWQ

S&W favs "sound bwoy buryhill" "bucktown"
I6KxZbLeo80

3u4weF6vICo

Heltah Sketah- "lockdown"
_tz3THyutww

MIC GERONIMO- one of the illest MCs during his tim but hefell off due to marketing issues. his second album was not nearly as good as the 1st.

Masta IC-the breakout hit of Mic
tfHR5aONrLw

its real
O8_nVfWgTP4

time to build feat Jah rule DMX and JAy-z-- early 90s shit .one of the dopest hidden gems of hiphop.
62wVf27lOdk

chiba
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
you should pick up

buckshot & 9th wondah- chemstry
that album is a classic in my eyes

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Buckshot is one of my fav. emcees, he just too nice with it....

That Heltah Skeltah album previously mentioned is a classic....

Enta da Stage is another classic album (BM is atleast two times better than Mobb Deep)

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
When is Black Moon coming out with another album? 5 Ft. needs to keep his dumb ass outta prison so him and Buckshot can do some more albums sooner. Boot Camp Click's Video Surveillance is the best rap videos dvd. Black Moon's How Many MC's video is my favorite by them. LOL@Buckshot when he said bitch get off my dick.

Cthulhu
12-05-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah, i agree with this to a certain extent, theres a line in one the songs one of the albums, "i'm a dumb nigga with no brains" or something to that effect,

Don't you think he was maybe trying to be ironic or hyberbolic to a certain extent? The lyrics seem to be a heavily exaggerated glorification of gangsta topics. I guess it's anyone's call though since there's no alternative perspective on that album. At least Big L's first album balances some socially conscious messages with the over-the-top persona.

CHRONZ
12-06-2007, 02:42 AM

word !

yes yes ya'll

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-06-2007, 04:16 AM
LOL@Buckshot when he said bitch get off my dick.

i dont dig what's so funny about that.

Durag
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Black Moon are one of my favourites, but i wouldnt say their better than (old) Mobb Deep. If you campare each groups first few albums Mobb>Black Moon. Whilst Enta Da Stage was fuckin classic, Warzone and Total Eclipse (whilst dope) were nowhere near Enta Da Stage

STYLE
12-07-2007, 04:02 AM
for me its a toss up between enta da stage and infamous.
that mobb shit was crazy. both albums can be played front to back on repeat and you good for hours.