PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Spice 1

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Bay Area Rapper Spice 1 Shot, In Critical Condition
Published: Monday - December 3, 2007
Words by Allen Starbury

Legendary Bay Area rapper Spice 1 was shot in Hayward, California during the early morning hours of Monday (December 3), but details regarding the incident are sketchy.

The rapper's manager, Six, confirmed the shooting to BallerStatus.com, but said despite rumors, Spice is still alive and in critical condition at an unspecified hospital.

According to Six, Spice was shot twice, once in the chin and another time in the chest, which just missed his heart by inches.

"Yes, it's true," Six told BallerStatus.com. "Right now, we're asking for everyone to keep Spice in their prayers."

Spice 1 is being treated at an area hospital, unknown due to the circumstances of the shooting. Despite being in serious condition, Six says he is expected to pull through.

Spice 1 (real name: Robert L. Green, Jr.) hails from Hayward, California. He is a legend in the Bay Area who has been releasing music since the early 90s.

He has more than 15 albums under his belt, three of which were certified gold during his days as an artist on the Jive Records roster.

He left Jive Records in 1999, and has since released numerous albums independently. His most recent was Thug A$$ociation, which dropped in May and feature B-Legit, Roger Troutman and C-Bo.

BallerStatus will keep you updated as details are revealed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GET WELL SOON SPICE!!!!

Dominus Santorini
12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Damn Sun, Spice 1 is my shit. I hope he pulls through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Foreal, we don't needa 'nother dead rapper, makes Hip-Hop look bad...

"BLAAAW"

11th Chamber
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
damn, that sucks. Hope he pulls threw

crds
12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Damn, I hope he pulls through.

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 03:22 AM
he and his family are in my prayers. word to Bg_Knocc_Out. we don't need another casualty in hip hop.

Sindrom
12-04-2007, 05:55 AM
That shits fucked up. Spice wiggidy 1 is dope.

J.T.S.
12-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Trigga Gots no heart!

buckshotstheone
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
we're praying for you Spice.....don't let them take you yet

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
I was listening to his 187 He Wrote and Amerikka's Nightmare albums last week. I wonder why he got shot. I bet he was still hanging out in the hood with some thugs. Rappers need to learn that they gotta stop hanging out in the hood because when you got a lot of money, poor black men who don't have money are jealous of people with money.

One and Only
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Dude better not die pull through Spice!

crust
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
damn......pull through spice.
peace

IrOnMaN
12-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I was listening to his 187 He Wrote and Amerikka's Nightmare albums last week. I wonder why he got shot. I bet he was still hanging out in the hood with some thugs. Rappers need to learn that they gotta stop hanging out in the hood because when you got a lot of money, poor black men who don't have money are jealous of people with money.

Jesus Christ, man! Have some sympthay here, please.}:|

Edgar Erebus
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm praying for Spice. Peace.

TeknicelStylez
12-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Idk if you noticed but the majority of shootings and killings occur in the early hours of the morning, 4-6 a.m. If you live in the hood and its that time, get out the streets!

I never heard none of this guys stuff, but it's sad, when it said he got shot in the chin I cringed.

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
TecknicelStylez i wish these other ignorant fools on here had the same common sense you do. You're exactly right. If Spice 1 was hanging out in the hood at that time of the day, he shouldn't be surprised if something tragic happens to him.

SickSide
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
prayers for Spice

buckshotstheone
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
what makes you think Spice-1 can afford to not live in the hood? you think he made money off of those albums? 187 He Wrote, dude probably got shit for it, he ain't making no 50 Cent money

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
TecknicelStylez i wish these other ignorant fools on here had the same common sense you do. You're exactly right. If Spice 1 was hanging out in the hood at that time of the day, he shouldn't be surprised if something tragic happens to him.

You do not know this man or the life he lived so for you to jump to conclusions is complete bullshit, i don't care what stereotypical vision of ghettos that you have YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THEM AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOES ON EXCEPT WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED FROM THE MEDIA

I don't care what the hell you think but don't speak with the air of ignorance that you are speaking with because you do not and never will know this man and until the situation is made clear you do not know what happened. No one deserves to be shot, regardless if they live in a poor area or not. Shit happens, and 99.9% of the time there is a background to it, it isn't just random tragic shit as you are trying to imply because "it's the ghetto".

So show some respect and keep your comments of ignorance (because you do not know anything of the situation) to yourself

main_man
12-04-2007, 08:18 PM
You do not know this man or the life he lived so for you to jump to conclusions is complete bullshit, i don't care what stereotypical vision of ghettos that you have YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THEM AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOES ON EXCEPT WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED FROM THE MEDIA

I don't care what the hell you think but don't speak with the air of ignorance that you are speaking with because you do not and never will know this man and until the situation is made clear you do not know what happened. No one deserves to be shot, regardless if they live in a poor area or not. Shit happens, and 99.9% of the time there is a background to it, it isn't just random tragic shit as you are trying to imply because "it's the ghetto".

So show some respect and keep your comments of ignorance (because you do not know anything of the situation) to yourself

^^ co-sign.
i'm from the hood and shit does go down. but like sun tzu said, most of the time theres some kinda circumstance behind it. spice is a hood celebrity, maybe someone saw him as a target. but none of us know.

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-05-2007, 01:14 AM
He's expected to make it...He got shot by some little mexican. There's a gang of Surenos in that San Leandro and Hayward area. The way it went down it looks like those meks had a little gang initiation at Spice 1's expense.