PDA

View Full Version : DONT KILL ME! todays the first time i heard "Ironman"

sarr
12-04-2007, 12:47 AM
before anybody calls me a shit rap fan or whatever...im into all (most) the classics in hiphop, and i fuckin love the clan

but i never been a big fan of ghostface (before the last couple days) i used to hate his whiney flow and horrible off key singing.

but lately i been liking some of his shit on the new wu album (thought he shinned the hardest)

so i got supreme clientele the other day...and i was fuckin BLOWN AWAY! shit is amazing...cant believe he made it in 2000, i didnt think many classics were made that year

then...i thought, fuck i slept on this dude, so i went and got "ironman" which i heard is his other classic...and when i heard "Black Jesus"...i actually said out loud "Holy FUCK"

that spooky and mysterious beat is amazing, and even though im not 5%...the lyrics are crazy, "after the smoke is clear" is just as spooky..the entire CD is classic...why cant the clan get beats like that anymore? how can beats from 96 sound better than beats in 2007?

this is why rap doesnt sell anymore (plus downloading) its cause it sounds so bad these days...

but fuck...ironman is probably just as good as Cuban Linx...and i love that album

apart from supreme clientele and ironman...whats the next Ghost album i should get?

i cant believe i slept on this guy...he is probably one of the best rappers out

TAURO
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
His latest.....Big Doe Rehab.

Focus Man
12-04-2007, 01:08 AM
sad to report, but i have yet to hear Ironman myself too. I've heard most of the first batch of solo wu albums, but Ironman i have not heard yet.

TAURO
12-04-2007, 01:13 AM
^^You are missing out...pick it up asap.

maestro wooz
12-04-2007, 01:31 AM
in other news, john f kennedy has been shot...

noel411
12-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Seriously dude, everybody else here will tell you otherwise, but listen to me and don't get any of his other albums. 'Ironman' is a timeless classic and 'Supreme Clientele' is fucken excellent, but he hasn't cracked the average rating since then, no matter how hard people might ride his cock. Judging by your post I'd say you'd probably feel the same as me about his other albums. Give them a miss.

I can't comment on his new album though. I haven't heard it yet.

sarr
12-04-2007, 01:51 AM
i know what you mean noel
ive got a few songs from his other albums, songs like "the champ", "kilo", "three bricks", "game", "Alex(stolen script) <---that one is fuckin crazy

just random songs that are really good, theres like 3 or 4 on each album...but i believe what your saying about his albums, because i went through em once and just picked out the songs i liked and kept them, that was a while ago

Exodus
12-04-2007, 05:21 AM
Fishscale & Big Doe Rehab

Ghost Deini
12-04-2007, 05:23 AM
All of his are dope in my opinion, my favorite general in the clan. But not everyone will agree with me obviously.

I dunno I think all his albums have some classic tracks and are worth picking up. But I'd say definitely Fishscale and Big Doe Rehab. If you like those then get the Pretty Toney Album and Bulletproof Wallets.

Tage
12-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Theodore Unit - 718

^That shit is comedy... takes a while to get used to.. but its the first Ghost project I ever bought.. Shawn Wigs is a genius.. hahaha!!

"Just my daily routine"

buckshotstheone
12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
and when i heard "Black Jesus"...i actually said out loud "Holy FUCK"

took you that deep into the album before exclaiming that expletive?

benzo
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
get Pretty Toney.

TAURO
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
^^That album never grew on me, bulletproof wallets on the other hand.....

J-DON
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Production Wise

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Pretty Toney
5.Fishscale
6.More Fish
7.Bulletproof Wallets

Lyrically

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Bulletproof Wallets
5.More Fish(ghost comes harder on More Fish but guest appearances suck)
6.Fishscale
7.Pretty Toney (ghost lyrically at his worst )

Overall

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Fishscale
5.Pretty Toney
6.Bulletproof Wallets
7.More Fish

However, some of Ghosts best shit arent on any of the albums here.

Gorilla Hood, The Watch, Whose The Champion, My Guitar, Cobra Clutch, and Wise are all must hear tracks from Ghost.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I hope u enjoyed listening to the album first time like i did...I still love it the same, just that I understand some lyrics more...

but the production...damn...RZA truly is THE BEST...

GSTYLE
12-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I wish i could stumble upon a wu album i never heard befor ethat was up to that standard. the last time that happened was killarmy

Guarded By Martyrs
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Good for you...
Better late than never.

MsRzaRecTaH
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
^^You are missing out...pick it up asap.

WORD.

TSA
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Production Wise

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Pretty Toney
5.Fishscale
6.More Fish
7.Bulletproof Wallets

Lyrically

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Bulletproof Wallets
5.More Fish(ghost comes harder on More Fish but guest appearances suck)
6.Fishscale
7.Pretty Toney (ghost lyrically at his worst )

Overall

1.Supreme Clientele
2.Ironman
3.Big Doe Rehab
4.Fishscale
5.Pretty Toney
6.Bulletproof Wallets
7.More Fish

However, some of Ghosts best shit arent on any of the albums here.

Gorilla Hood, The Watch, Whose The Champion, My Guitar, Cobra Clutch, and Wise are all must hear tracks from Ghost.

this may be a little bias of a rating don't you think

supreme can't touch ironman production

look at 260, they're telling a story about running up in a dudes house and snatching his coke,

on some big hiest shit, and the beat sounds like something they would play in a crime epic during a hiest

then they get there, point the guns at him ask the nigga where the coke is at, he says

"it's in the kitched in the ceiling"

they go check it, and it ends up being a white block of cheese from new zealand

then ghost is like "ohh shit...oh shit...chef where's that shit"

then the beat spills over into the next song which Rza had a sample screaming

"WHERE'S THE FUCKIN COKE, THE FUCK YOU MEAN THERE'S NO COKE"

then Assassination Day starts as if the whole thing was a set up and now about to get assassinated...

THAT'S production.

MsRzaRecTaH
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM

look at 260, they're telling a story about running up in a dudes house and snatching his coke,

on some big hiest shit, and the beat sounds like something they would play in a crime epic during a hiest

then they get there, point the guns at him ask the nigga where the coke is at, he says

then Assassination Day starts as if the whole thing was a set up and now about to get assassinated...

THAT'S production.

agree!

BRONZBODY
12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
yo better late than never my homie

its incredible aint it???

BRONZBODY
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

THAT'S production.whoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hollow Dartz
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM

THAT'S production.

Great thought right there.

Ghost Deini
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM

THAT'S production.

LOL damn, killed it with that one. Yeah Ironman's production is legendary.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-05-2007, 01:05 AM
before anybody calls me a shit rap fan or whatever...im into all (most) the classics in hiphop, and i fuckin love the clan

but i never been a big fan of ghostface (before the last couple days) i used to hate his whiney flow and horrible off key singing.

but lately i been liking some of his shit on the new wu album (thought he shinned the hardest)

so i got supreme clientele the other day...and i was fuckin BLOWN AWAY! shit is amazing...cant believe he made it in 2000, i didnt think many classics were made that year

then...i thought, fuck i slept on this dude, so i went and got "ironman" which i heard is his other classic...and when i heard "Black Jesus"...i actually said out loud "Holy FUCK"

that spooky and mysterious beat is amazing, and even though im not 5%...the lyrics are crazy, "after the smoke is clear" is just as spooky..the entire CD is classic...why cant the clan get beats like that anymore? how can beats from 96 sound better than beats in 2007?

this is why rap doesnt sell anymore (plus downloading) its cause it sounds so bad these days...

but fuck...ironman is probably just as good as Cuban Linx...and i love that album

apart from supreme clientele and ironman...whats the next Ghost album i should get?

i cant believe i slept on this guy...he is probably one of the best rappers out

Fishcale, More Fish, Big Dough Rehab

Razorsharp
12-05-2007, 01:24 AM
at least u diggin in the crates goin to the roots... keep diggin... :D

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-05-2007, 08:55 AM
at least u diggin in the crates goin to the roots... keep diggin... :D

what he said

PM me or do a thread if u wanna know for 'new' classic stuff

Oztradamus
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Better Late, than Never..

Did ya'll hear there's this guy named Jesus walking around in the middle east, supposedly he can walk on water and ressurect dead people..

buckshotstheone
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Did ya'll hear there's this guy named Jesus walking around in the middle east, supposedly he can walk on water and ressurect dead people..

yeah and apparently he is white with blue eyes.....