PDA

View Full Version : What up with Stimuli?(and new rappers)

Sindrom
12-04-2007, 05:05 AM
I remember a few years ago dude had a buzz. What happend?? I feel sorry for all these new lyrical rappers who trying for a mainstream push, like Pap, Saigon, Joell. I just dont see it happening for them.Like all the albums we consider classics were made by dudes in their late teens and early 20's. It seems like these dudes are getting a bit past their creative prime, and arnt really going to get any longevity.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Like all the albums we consider classics were made by dudes in their late teens and early 20's. It seems like these dudes are getting a bit past their creative prime, and arnt really going to get any longevity.

Haha, I'm 26 and am still working on my debut album! Hopefully should be out by the summer, but by that point I'll be hitting 27.

Still, the way I see it (trying to be positive), if I made an album every two years between 27 and 39 I'd have 7 albums. I'd be pretty happy with that!

Hell, GZA was 29 when Liquid Swords came out and that's a classic.

Sindrom
12-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah you got a point. Im not saying you HAVE to be young to put out good music. Just people pushing more for the mainstream world, But still have skill, aren't going to be able to make it. Or have that lovgenity that dudes back in the late 80's early 90's had. And thats sad cos they DO have the talent, And are being pushed as the future. But what happens to the future when they dont blow up?

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah I'm lucky in that I know I aint gonna blow up! I'm happy just to drop some indie records and work another job to pay the bills. Doing it for a love of the craft, not for the cream.

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 08:05 AM
amen to that

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 08:10 AM
^^ How's the musical slog going?

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 08:14 AM
depressing, but i'm surviving. it's rough without loot to get your shit pressed up. i'ma have it soon though. you?

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
^^ Been on a little hiatus. Fell out big with one of my producers and the other one's been on some three month trip (Asia not acid). Gonna be mad on it next year though, cos I'm moving into a flat with my producer and we're gonna up the work rate and get my album finished.

I know what you mean about the money though...

DJMethods
12-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Feel free to throw beats this way for free

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
i produce too. if either of y'all need beats, as long as you credit me for my work, i got you.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 08:34 AM
^^ Haha, I produce too, but I got mad lazy. Hopefully in the new year I'm gonna jump back on it. Got an SP1200 the other day as well, which should help inspire me to get back at it.

DJMethods
12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Man I try and produce.. got 0 cash I can spend on luxury's and shitty basic Garageband which doesnt let me do what I want with beats. I've mastered it and it's just not up to scratch. Fucking shame too cause I can write, got like 50 pages of shit and nothing to spit on, only recorded one thing cause the sample/theme was just so fucking ill the beat didn't really matter.

if you got shit you aint using, throw something this way.. credits all yours, I plan to produce my own in the future tho

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Damn, I feel guilty now. I aint made a beat in a couple of weeks, but I got an E-Mu SP1200, Akai MPC2000XL, Akai s950, Pro Tools Digi001....

Can't you drop on some Wu-Tang beats n shit and then send it off to producers and try and get someone to work with you? MySpace is good for that.