PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Pimp C of UGK

Kick_Back
12-04-2007, 01:43 PM
According to a local news report, Pimp C was found dead this morning in a hotel room.

R.I.P.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
yea man this is starting to spread around the net i really hope its not true but its starting to look like it is......

R.I.P.

urbanlegendmf
12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
R.i.p. Spice 1 Got Shot In The Neck Also

NY_Mami
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
It's on TMZ, AHH, but damn........... R.I.P Pimp C.........

GSTYLE
12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
i cant believe it. he just got out of prison, UGK just dropped an album that put up the biggest first-week sales of their career, and Pimp was makin noise in the game with his outspoken nature, i was becomin a big fan of his and OMG, what a shock!

R.I.P Pimp C

GSTYLE
12-04-2007, 02:28 PM
UPDATE: Representatives from Jive Records, UGK's longtime label have confirmed the death to be true.

FROM HIPHOPDX

LORD ZERO
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
damn yo.......R.I.P......

Paranoid
12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
are you fucking serious...

R.I.P

mofo
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Damn, I thought we were going to pass a year without a death in hip hop (I don't think any rappers died this year but I may be wrong though) and all of a sudden Spice 1 get's shot and is in critical condition and Pimp C died all in the same day.

GhettoGnom
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
R.i.p.

Reiko
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
R.i.p.

SickSide
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
R.I.P Pimp C

IrOnMaN
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Jesus Christ!!! OMFG!!! R.I.P.

crds
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
This fucking sucks, UGK were one of the best ever in Southern Hip Hop.

RIP Big Pimp C

crust
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
.....what a loss

r.i.p. pimp c

:(

anyone got a link?

Guarded By Martyrs
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh What!!!!

R.I.P.

Edgar Erebus
12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Damn... Seems that every year a great rapper must die.

R.I.P. Pimp C, you still with us.

IrOnMaN
12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I can't believe this shit.|( Does anybody know how he died?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2007, 03:25 PM
:O :O

WUT???

fuck

R.I.P.

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I know i'm gonna piss some of ya'll off with what i'm about to say but when you live ignorant like Pimp C and Spice 1 do, you put your life in danger. I'm a fan of UGK and Spice 1 but they're ignorant. They hang around ignorant black men who aren't doing shit with their life and all they wanna do is leech off of rappers who got money. Rappers got this stupid ass mentality that it's cool to hang out in the hood and it's not cool to hang out in the hood because there's a lot of ignorant black men in the hood who are criminals and they aren't interested in getting a real job because they aren't interested in education and intelligence. That's why so many stupid ass black men in the hood only wanna be criminals, rappers, NBA players, NFL players because they think those professions are the only way they can make a lot of money. How did Pimp C die? Why did Spice 1 get shot?

TSA
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
damn..i hope it ain't true, i'll look into it cause he was my favorite southern rapper

TSA
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I know i'm gonna piss some of ya'll off with what i'm about to say but when you live ignorant like Pimp C and Spice 1 do, you put your life in danger. I'm a fan of UGK and Spice 1 but they're ignorant. They hang around ignorant black men who aren't doing shit with their life and all they wanna do is leech off of rappers who got money. Rappers got this stupid ass mentality that it's cool to hang out in the hood and it's not cool to hang out in the hood because there's a lot of ignorant black men in the hood who are criminals and they aren't interested in getting a real job because they aren't interested in education and intelligence. That's why so many stupid ass black men in the hood only wanna be criminals, rappers, NBA players, NFL players because they think those professions are the only way they can make a lot of money. How did Pimp C die? Why did Spice 1 get shot?

think about it though, Pimp C and Spice one died, and we're all here paying respects because they're achieve a lot, from nothing.

your going to die, and absolutely nobody will care ya know..

It's like you might as well kill yourself... you've gone this long and your still a cartoon character on an internet forum...

in fact think about it, if you've gone this long and nobody loves you, it's not gonna get any better.

infact if it leaks on the internet that you died, we'd just sit back and make jokes about it.

the thread wouldn't even pass 2 pages homie.

that's your legacy...2 pages on Wu-tangcorp.com

anyways, RIP Pimp C and Spice 1

i've always liked Spice since my boy put me on to his shit not to long ago and even before that when i heard him murder "hard to kill" with Meth

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't give a fuck that some people on here don't like me. When i die, only people i know that will care is my relatives, parents and my brother. I'm just speaking the truth about Pimp C and Spice 1 and for those who don't like what i said, i don't give a shit. If Pimp C and Spice 1 had lived their life differently, they wouldn't have put themselves in danger. Spice 1 died? How do you know? Somebody said he got shot in the neck. The person who said that didn't say that he died.

IrOnMaN
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM

No disrespect to you, but two men just died.}:|

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
So Spice 1 really is dead? Damn he was one of my favorite rappers. Anybody know why he got shot? I'm not disrespecting the dead. All i'm saying is they wouldn't be dead if they had lived their life differently. Pimp C and Spice 1 i'm sure liked to smoke and drink alcohol a lot and they know that that's not good for your body which can cause you to die.

Bodega Pop Tartz
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Damn, Hip-Hop has lost a great contributor in the South. R.I.P.

One and Only
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Rest In Peace to the Pimp

TSA
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't give a fuck that some people on here don't like me. When i die, only people i know that will care is my relatives, parents and my brother. I'm just speaking the truth about Pimp C and Spice 1 and for those who don't like what i said, i don't give a shit. If Pimp C and Spice 1 had lived their life differently, they wouldn't have put themselves in danger. Spice 1 died? How do you know? Somebody said he got shot in the neck. The person who said that didn't say that he died.
lol that's what im talking about though

you die only you immediate family MIGHT care, think about that, your influence or achievements haven't touched anyone outside of ppl that are genetically drawn to caring about you.

Even look at your brothers, you know that you'll be one of the less missed in the family. I guarentee you've got brothers that if they died they'd be missed more then you. This is the internet, so you can say im wrong, or deny it, or pretend that's not the fact but your only lying to yourself.

you KNOW they're the only one's that'll care, that's a sorry legacy, just die now homie, at least they'll care more now that your young.

or atleast i hope your still young, cause then you'd REALLY be a failure.

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
You're ignorant and i could care less what you have to say.

Prolifical ENG
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
:(

TSA
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM

"lived differently"

and then you ask how he died?

so how do you know it had something to do with how he lived?

make a list of the ppl that'll care if you died and give an amount of time it'll take them to get over it homie

Pimp C couldn't do that, Spice 1 couldn't do that, you can

do it

HANZO
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
R.I.P, damn this is a shocker.

TSA
12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
You're ignorant and i could care less what you have to say.

make a list homie...make a list....

you couldn't even gain respect on an internet forum where ppl share you musical tests..you real life must be hell...it's hell aint it charles?

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
goddamn someone is getting owned HARD

but seriously take it to another thread at least its disrespectful

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Naw my life is fine. I don't give a shit that people like different music than i do. Everybody isn't gonna like the same things. Like i said, i wouldn't care that nobody else cared about me when i died. My immediate family are the only ones that are supposed to care about my death. ThaShaolinAssassin you're a ignorant fuck and i'm sure i'm not the only one on here who doesn't like you. Everything you post is retarded.

STYLE
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
charles how do you know how pimp c lived? you know as much about him as you do about me. STFU, you are the ignorant one. ignorant meaning lack of knowledge.

nobody deserves death even tho its our destiny.

Scáth Bán
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Rip

Visionz
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
You accomplished more in 33 years than most will with their entire life. Diamonds on wood got me hooked way back in highschool, forever respect what you did to put the sound of the south on the map. All the hate in the world couldn't stop that shine.

RIP Pimp C, one of the realest to ever do it

Sean
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
R.i.p.

Paranoid
12-04-2007, 05:12 PM
charlesjones you should really pay respect to someone that died instead of posting some bullshit like that

TSA
12-04-2007, 05:21 PM
RIP Pimp C

33 years definitely wasnt enough, but thank the lord for putting him on this earth as I know he has affected my life and millions of other

RIP Pimp C and :( UGK

junius
12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5351186.html

shit, i was "hoping" it was an overdose-- at least it'd be his "choice" & relatively peaceful.

11th Chamber
12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
if you dont got nothin positive to say or are being disrespectful, than get the fuck out of this thread.

R.I.P. to Pimp C, you'll be missed

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
12-04-2007, 05:58 PM
r.i.p. mayne

dayum

Paranoid
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
if you dont got nothin positive to say or are being disrespectful, than get the fuck out of this thread.

R.I.P. to Pimp C, you'll be missed

word

junius
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
from L.A. Times, they seem a bit behind (or maybe it's not homicide?)-- but a few new details. i "hope" it was an o.d., at least it'd be his "choice" & relatively peaceful... damn sad either way, of course.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-me-rapper5dec05,1,7154094.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews&track=crosspromo

BRONZBODY
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
damn...that sucks son

i had the privilage of meeting dude a few years ago real humble dude man

r.i.p.

ps...way to kill a thread charles....way to fucking go!!!

HarlemDiplomat
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
RIP Pimp C

Kept it real...

liquid_1_
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
r.i.p. Pimp C.

Oztradamus
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM
R.i.p

TheLifeisHectic
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow.. This is rediculous... RIP.

STYLE
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
reports are saying "no foul play" he died in bed.
my guess is OD, possibly codine. but we won't know for sure until the autopsy

Dominus Santorini
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
R.i.p. Spice 1 Got Shot In The Neck Also

Spice 1 is not dead yet!

STYLE
12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
i'm bumpin that
"One Day You're Here....And Then You're Gone....."
Damn they got some classic shit.

Ridin Dirty album is my SHIT!!!!!

mantis_fist
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
damn man! Shitty deal yo. RIP chad!

11th Chamber
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I cant imagine the shit Bun B is going threw. First his best friend got locked up, so he basically "lost him" then, now he isnt coming back at all...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
damn this hit crazy hard dude was nice man i loved his solo album and his ugk stuff too man

"I got a pocket full of stones" r.i.p Pimp C

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
r.i.p.

wasn't a diehard fan like i am with Wu and BCC, but i respected what he did for hip hop. he'll be greatly missed. hope Bun B can maintain during this difficult time.

nmerec
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
i heard this on the radio today and shits fucked up,i remember bumpin ridin dirty comin up,one day is a classic joint,pimp c was one hell of a producer and artist r.i.p. i hope bun b will be alrite,when you have a friend for so long that means alot 2 you and you lose them it can really fuck your life up,and spice 1 hope he pulls through hes always been makin noise i loved the joint he had with pac jealous got me strapped and he a cali legend,doin it real big indie style recently...live every day to the fullest

chiba
12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Damn, I thought we were going to pass a year without a death in hip hop (I don't think any rappers died this year but I may be wrong though) and all of a sudden Spice 1 get's shot and is in critical condition and Pimp C died all in the same day.

fackin 2 for 1 :yessad:

RIP!!!!!!!

chiba
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM

:learning:
okay i see what your sayin but

fat joe, redman, some members of wu tang, some members of bcc, etc
still live in the hood and they are alive and kickin

but i see your point and maybe you couldve said it in a non offensive manner
alot of rappers go back to the hood and show off thier bling
if they dont have the hoods respect and go around showin off what they got then they gonna get sticked !!

your argument is a double edged sword
it can go either way

ps- not all black men are ignorant :i

:W

diggy
12-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Spice 1 Shooting Confirmed, Rapper In Critical Condition http://www.sixshot.com/images/icon_print.gif (http://www.sixshot.com/print.asp?id=9078) http://www.sixshot.com/images/icon.gif (http://www.sixshot.com/mailto.asp?id=9078) </SPAN>Posted: 12/3/2007 8:41:06 PM by Black widow (http://community.sixshot.com/Black%20widow)

http://www.sixshot.com/images/images/spice1_thetruth_cover.jpgRumors of Bay Area rapper Spice 1 being shot early Monday morning (December 4) in his hometown of Haywood, California have been confirmed.
Spice 1’s manager, Six, revealed to Baller Status that the rapper was shot twice, once in the chin and in the chest. Spice, whose real name is Robert L Green Jr., is reportedly in critical condition at a local hospital. The name of the hospital was not disclosed.
Details surrounding Spice’s shooting have not been revealed but rumors which were circulating the net early Monday claimed he was shot during a robbery attempt.
Spice 1 rose to fame in the early 90’s via Jive Records (http://www.sixshot.com/news/9078/#) and is well known for his single “Trigga With No Heart”. During his lengthy career, he has collaborated with 2Pac (http://www.sixshot.com/news/9078/#), Too Short, E-40 and Method Man, among others.

Get the latest info related to Spice 1 (http://www.sixshot.com/artists/spice_1/)

http://www.sixshot.com/news/9078/

Ghost Deini
12-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Damn...being from the bay area that's real sad to hear about Spice 1

UGK has always been dope too, R.I.P. to Pimp C, International Players Anthem was one of my favorite songs of the year.

Marwan
12-05-2007, 01:54 AM
I cant belive Spice 1 got shot, my jaw dropped when i read that shit, im 28 and grew up,back in junior highschool Spice 1 was one of the first rappers that got me really hooked on rap, his 1st album was like the bible to me.....i still cant belive this shit....

Dirty Knowledge
12-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Damn.. not the best of news to end my day on.. RIP.. definitly gonna have to bump Ridin' Dirty and smoke a fat 1 for a true boss in the rap game.

SickT
12-05-2007, 06:03 AM
I was Never a Big UGK Fan, But This Is Still Sad News. R.I.P Pimp C. To Bun B & Pimp's Family: Keep Ya' Head Up.

snakesonawiggly
12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Rest In Peace Sweet James Jones

shinobi4227
12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
R.I.P Pimp C, We gonna miss you, but not more than Bun b's gonna.

4-Bar Killer
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Im not really into UGK, but some of their old stuff is really classic, chillin', stuff.. R.I.P.

"Used to be a pimp, now Im getting pimped".. classic Pimp C quote!!

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Listen to Classic Pimp C <-- CLICK HERE (http://www.305hiphop.com/gotta_love_the_haters/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14375#121911)
http://www.305hiphop.com/phplist/pimpc_rip.jpg
Los Angeles, CA - Manager Rick Martin, who was on hand this morning to identify the body of client and dear friend Chad Butler aka Pimp C, offers this statement regarding today's tragic loss:

This morning saw the loss of a man that was not only a client, but a very dear friend at a time when he had the most to live for. He was my best friend and I will always love him.

Chad's tragic passing leaves behind mourners the world over, including his mother, wife and children whom Chad loved more than anything. An official cause of death has yet to be determined.

I was so very proud of Chad and the growth he has shown since his release from prison; as an artist and business man and as a person. As one half of the legendary Texas group UGK, Chad was finally seeing th results of the years of love and labor that he and Bun B have put in over the years, culminating in the tremendous success of their album, Underground Kingz. Chad was set to soar with not only a new solo deal on Jive Records, but a lucrative publishing deal, a new satellite radio show, several group projects and a national cologne endorsement. Chad had everything to live for, making his unexpected passing a travesty.

Right now, my number one concern is the well being and livelihood of his family who are the ones most deeply affected by this loss. All efforts will be made to ensure that they are properly cared for in this tragic time and beyond.

As Chad's friend and manager, and on behalf of his family and those closest to him, we ask that you, the press keep reports of his passing to tributes to his amazing contributions as an artist and wait for the facts surrounding his death to come to light. Please let us all remember Pimp C as the kind and warmhearted man and rap music pioneer that he was.

Thank you,

Rick Martin / FM2 Inc.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
12-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Fucked up..He was only 33..PIMP C RIP.....

TUCO
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
fuckin A yo!!!
i aint heard bout this till today
dudes been in prison and gets out fresh...puts out great shit...and hes gone
damn.....rest in peace PIMP C

SilvaFistz
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
r.i.p. pimp c

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
damn man, the pimp died man this line from int'l playas anthem dre sums it up
"I know you ain't a pimp, but pimp remember what I taught ya"~Andre 3000
you sweet james jones man is my cd i love that shit we gonna keep it true and real up here
R.I.P. PIMP C

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
12-06-2007, 08:36 PM
anyone wanting to start beef in a thread like this should be straight baned

u mods are soft

TGambino
12-07-2007, 04:00 AM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.3774#comments

bun b talks bout rza for a minute how rza got his number and gave him his condolences bout pimp c an said he knows what hes goin thru even tho he never met him before in his life