PDA

View Full Version : Aceyalone's Discography

Prolifical ENG
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I will make this thread just for discussion since he seems to be consistent. I heard his classics...trouble is I only have "Hip-hop and The World We Live In" I like it but it is considered to be sub par.

the reason why I made this thread is I can get a good price on Magnificent City (the one he made last year) Is that any good? I didn't want to make a review thread of it...just want to know.

All Balls Don't Bounce is my favourite...not a big fan of Book of Human Knowledge but it seems many like that one. Accepted Electric I would out at #2.

buckshotstheone
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
try peeping Book of Human Language again, it's real deep

B Boy Real McCoy is a fucking BANGA!

Prolifical ENG
12-04-2007, 10:50 PM
^^^

How about Magnificent City???

buckshotstheone
12-04-2007, 10:53 PM
i'm sleeping for now, i think i got it somewhere though, i'll have to check it out

crds
12-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Acey's catalogue is mad deep

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Aceyalone

Not all of it is great though...

I agree with buckshotstheone...Book of Human Language is probably his best
followed by
All Balls Don't Bounce and Accepted Eclectic

GhettoGnom
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Solo albums

All Balls Don't Bounce
A Book of Human Language (with Mumbles)

Accepted Eclectic
Hip Hop and the World We Live In
Love & Hate
Magnificent City (with RJD2)
Grand Imperial
Lightning StrikesPersonally, Lightning Strikes is the only album I don't feel. The dancehall shit just don't do it for me. All Balls Don't Bounce is a classic and A Book of Human Language is imo his best album. Accepted Eclectic, Love & Hate & Magnificent City are all fantastic albums. Hip Hop & the World We Live In and Grand Imperial is also good albums.
And yeah, you should definitely check out Magnificent.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
i thought Magnificent City was dope.

but im into RJD2 so...

there are a couple of tracks that i dont feel particularly, but overall its pretty awesome.

Book of Human Knowledge is probably my favourite of his albums. each to his own though.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
+1

Prolifical ENG
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Aight...Ill try out Magnificent City.

For Book of HUman Knowledge, Ill give it another try....but I think only All Balls Dont Bounce was the only one reissued when he signed to that new label when he made Accepted Electric. That makes HUman Knowledge OOP...unless that just got reissued too.

AlmightyDavidBC27
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
i bought all balls dont bounce....then proceeded to sell it right back to the store for credit. just did not feel it at all he did nothing for me. i was lookin for new artists i bought afu-ra and akir at the same time and liked both of those...not aceyalone tho just me

buckshotstheone
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
i bought all balls dont bounce....then proceeded to sell it right back to the store for credit. just did not feel it at all he did nothing for me. i was lookin for new artists i bought afu-ra and akir at the same time and liked both of those...not aceyalone tho just me

as a fan of aceyalone, i completely understand. his music is extremely difficult to get into and i believe i was lucky to get into it the way i did. but what i definately know is that anyone who doesn't like him has a very solid and good reason

KZA
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Magnificent City was an okay album. All Balls Don't Bounce is his best album. I also got MC autographed by Acey and RJ

Chris79
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Magnificent City was eh...I actually only liked one or two tracks I think