PDA

View Full Version : My PS3 game froze while playing it, and now it doesn't work?

check two
12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I was playing my NBA 2K8 game tonight, and it completely froze up while I was playing it. Now whenever I put the game into my PS3, it doesn't load up? It seems to be trying to load up, cause a flashing like circle is in the upper right hand corner of the PS3 main menu screen. I waited for a while though, and the game never loaded up. I've tried taking the game out, and turning the PS3 power off. Then putting the power back on, and the game back in, but it still doesn't load up. Do you know what the problem may be?

Dirty Knowledge
12-05-2007, 03:10 AM
I was playing my NBA 2K8 game

Well there's your problem.

Tage
12-05-2007, 07:53 AM
It's telling you to play a better game.

100pr00f
12-05-2007, 12:31 PM
try diff game
if they work its the game it self not working right

Prince Rai
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
^ yeah basically,

try the other games u have and see what happens, if nothing happens you have to get it repaired

BRONZBODY
12-05-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah try a diffrent game

my heavenly sword did the same thing....so i just rented one at blockbuster and switched em out!!!!!!

no mo problems!!!

Reiko
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
^^ hahaha that's gangsta :D

BRONZBODY
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
^^ hahaha that's gangsta :D

as hell my nigga.....as hell!!!!!

11th Chamber
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
2k8 is great on the 360, havent played it on the Ps3. Dont really want too

check two
12-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. For an update: Since I don't have any other PS3 games yet, besides NBA 2K8, I decided to try and see if the Spider Man 3 DVD worked in the PS3. That way, I could tell if it was just the NBA 2K8 video game that was the problem. Though, the Spider Man 3 movie didn't load up(read) either. I also tried music CD's, and they didn't work also.

I called Sony, and the guy didn't have any suggestions on what could be the problem. I guess other people have been having similiar problems as I have? Basically he told me that I could send my PS3 to Sony, and they would send me a replacement. What's even more annoying is that I got my PS3 on like November 20th. I got the PS3 from Gamestop, and once the package is opened, they won't accept it back after 7 days. The software version that came with it was Version 2.0 Right around that time, the software Version 2.01 came out(I just found this out). So the Sony guy told me that if I send the PS3 back without having the current software version updated, they will just send me the same PS3 back. lol

I'm using dial up right now, and the PS3 isn't compatible with dial up internet. I don't have a flash drive thing either. I've never used those before. So I guess I'm going to have to buy a flash drive, and take it to one of my friend's places(since he has broadband internet) and download the current PS3 software version. Then use the flash drive to update my PS3. That would suck if a new software version comes out real soon, before Sony receives my broken PS3 in the mail. lol Does anyone know if Sony pays for the shipping/handling of me sending the broken PS3 to them, and also when I receive the new one from them in the mail?

check two
12-06-2007, 01:18 AM
*Accidental repost

Ink Is My Drink
12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. For an update: Since I don't have any other PS3 games yet, besides NBA 2K8, I decided to try and see if the Spider Man 3 DVD worked in the PS3. That way, I could tell if it was just the NBA 2K8 video game that was the problem. Though, the Spider Man 3 movie didn't load up(read) either. I also tried music CD's, and they didn't work also.

I called Sony, and the guy didn't have any suggestions on what could be the problem. I guess other people have been having similiar problems as I have? Basically he told me that I could send my PS3 to Sony, and they would send me a replacement. What's even more annoying is that I got my PS3 on like November 20th. I got the PS3 from Gamestop, and once the package is opened, they won't accept it back after 7 days. The software version that came with it was Version 2.0 Right around that time, the software Version 2.01 came out(I just found this out). So the Sony guy told me that if I send the PS3 back without having the current software version updated, they will just send me the same PS3 back. lol

I'm using dial up right now, and the PS3 isn't compatible with dial up internet. I don't have a flash drive thing either. I've never used those before. So I guess I'm going to have to buy a flash drive, and take it to one of my friend's places(since he has broadband internet) and download the current PS3 software version. Then use the flash drive to update my PS3. That would suck if a new software version comes out real soon, before Sony receives my broken PS3 in the mail. lol Does anyone know if Sony pays for the shipping/handling of me sending the broken PS3 to them, and also when I receive the new one from them in the mail?

its got a year warranty and fuk the shop if they say they wont sort it out cos they have to its a consumer right. let them do it ratehr than you have to deal wit sony and all that. and they will pay for postage if not complain liek fuk till you get to soem high up manager that will sort thigns out for you

SWAMP WATER
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
2k8 is great on the 360, havent played it on the Ps3. Dont really want too

Because PS3 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Marwan
12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah try a diffrent game

my heavenly sword did the same thing....so i just rented one at blockbuster and switched em out!!!!!!

no mo problems!!!

I testify to your gangsta-ness......

THE W
12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
blow on that shit!!