PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here a Kanye fan?

Dr Zayus
06-12-2005, 08:47 AM
From the first Kanye topic all I heard was hate for Kanye.. which is fucking insane by the way, Kanye produces heaps better then most producers in the game right now. If he keeps this up for a couple more years, he's going to be on Premier/Neptunes level (although never RZA/Dre level... unless he can bang out for another 10 years :P), but he's been producing bangers for days. That Freshmen Adjustment bootleg that dropped recently has some real heat, he brings back some of that old Q-Tip vibe from the ATCQ days. Seriously, listen to Gossip Files, Out of Your Mind or Doing Fine (from that album alone) and tell me he's not up there now.

Da Ryda
06-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Dr. Zayus! I remember yo bitch ass, kid! Once I did a banner for ya with Kurupt, remember that shit? I know you don't remember jack... (Ghostface stylee)

Skellington
06-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I like Kanye.....ehm...and...ehm yah, that's about it.....

Dr Zayus
06-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Dr. Zayus! I remember yo bitch ass, kid! Once I did a banner for ya with Kurupt, remember that shit? I know you don't remember jack... (Ghostface stylee)
Hey man, that shit was DOPE!! Still got it on your comp? I wouldn't mind rockin it again. :D

PolitiC
06-12-2005, 09:29 AM
through the wire was pretty good....also down&out is fire

THE W
06-12-2005, 09:46 AM
he makes good stuff...

Decka
06-12-2005, 09:48 AM
his production on commons new album is real nice.

Prisma
06-12-2005, 10:25 AM
As long as he's not rapping, he's ok. He brought a new style to the table, which got played out real quick. Bu he's an ok producer I guess. Nothing to special about him IMO, but he's got some nice stuff.

Hayabusa
06-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I like his production but not his rapping.

ballistic
06-12-2005, 01:01 PM
kanye is going through that period in his career where everything he touches turns to gold, similar to rza's '93-97 tenure. this man is just really on another level right now...and i dont know why everyone says they dont like his rapping? can someone please tell me why?? i think yall say that because you see others putting him on a pedestal, and so you feel the need to mention that he is overrated in some aspects. no, he is not a common, mos def, nas or talib kweli. but he's not bad at all, and better than most of these guys we see all over the television these days. his flow his fine, his lyrics are conscious and at times very clever...what more do you want from a popular artist in the hip hop industry?

THE W
06-12-2005, 01:19 PM
i've never really heard him spit

tical2000
06-12-2005, 01:37 PM
I like KANYE WEST.....his production is dope, his lyrics are aight.........

.....I think alot of internet nerds just hate anything that is on MTV, to be honest I think he is original and one of the better manstream artists out there.........he also shows madlove to UNDERGROUND artists like COMMON, SLUM VILLAGE, DILLATED, etc

Microphone Fiend
06-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I like some of his production

Definitive X
06-12-2005, 02:27 PM
He found a new way to flip samples (though RZA's the originator of that shit), which is cool...sometimes the drums get on my nerves, though, but now he's recreating shit using Miri Ben-Ari (Ghostface is on her album)...

The Last Clansman
06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
he's nice.. but he's think he the shit..

Polocash7
06-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I like his production but not his rapping. Co signs

Hayabusa
06-12-2005, 04:24 PM
HeatMakerz does samples better than Kanye.

Liquidswordsman
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
good production, but cant stand that he acts like he pisses pure 24k gold. Just make the beat and let the real rappers take care of the hooks and verses. His Common beats are good

MefMan36
06-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Hes straight.

DthAngel
06-12-2005, 08:45 PM
WOW!!!! Kanye gettin luv from WTC?!? Damn, this server crash musta softened some of y'all up. Before the crash there was nothin but pure hatred for the man. My, how things have changed...

CeeDub204
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Seems like anytime anybody gets that big commercially they gotta recieve some backlash from some of the fans. These are the same people the bumped the shit out of College Dropout only to diss it the next year. Watch these same haters will be back on bandwagon with this next drop. I will admit lyrically Kanye isnt close to the big names in hip hop, but when you add in his production you have to give him props. He is working with just about everyone, and consistantly puttin out some bangers. Fuck the haters.

Dr Zayus
06-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Seems like anytime anybody gets that big commercially they gotta recieve some backlash from some of the fans. These are the same people the bumped the shit out of College Dropout only to diss it the next year. Watch these same haters will be back on bandwagon with this next drop. I will admit lyrically Kanye isnt close to the big names in hip hop, but when you add in his production you have to give him props. He is working with just about everyone, and consistantly puttin out some bangers. Fuck the haters.
Definitely. Still bumping College Dropout these days, but in my opinion his unreleased shit/remixes are far better. Can't wait for the next one.

Groove Monkey
06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Though Kanye is a par rapper at best his production is excellent. I don't agree with what Dr Z said Kayne is not up there with Primo but he is hot and his beats are soulful. He takes what the RZA made famous and makes a living out of it. He's still new to the game and his evolution will speak of his true greatness

workofamasta
06-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Kanye is one of my favorites out right now. One of the very few bringing originality to the mainstream. College Dropout and Be are both classics in my mind and I can't wait for Late Registration.

U-Samurai
06-13-2005, 01:05 AM
No.

The Ghost
06-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I like Kanye truthfully I like most of the shit that he does right now. I'm about to pre order late registration because "Down and Out" and "Diamionds" are fire.

Roman Deini
06-13-2005, 11:19 AM
down and out is from cams album. damn people should pay attention more. kanye is aight imo. his ego is too big tho, saying i deserve this award and that one and im spitting nice which he aint etc. he flipping samples that been sampled better.

zzzzzz
06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
He's allright, but he's not the best.

Dr Zayus
06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
*listens to Diamonds from Sierra Leone RMX (feat. Jay-Z)*

Goddamn. This shit is hot, Kanye & Jay kill that beat.. honestly, with verses like this it's easy to tell that Kanye has greatly matured as a rapper.

Definitive X
06-13-2005, 11:30 PM
good production, but cant stand that he acts like he pisses pure 24k gold. I actually ahd the good fortune of meeting Kanye a couple years back (right after "Through the Wire" just hit 106 & Park) and he was really humble in front of his fans, willing to network with some of the younger kids there...I also met Mr. Greenweedz of All Natural, for you Chi-Town underground heads...anyway, Hip-Hop battling's foundation is in you thinking that you're better than the next rapper. If that weren't true, Canibus, Kool Moe Dee, and Common Sense wouldn't have had "Second Round KO", (insert Moe Dee song dissing LL here), and "The Bitch in Yoo" to ground Hip-Hop's biggest ego trippers.

workofamasta
06-14-2005, 12:14 AM
*listens to Diamonds from Sierra Leone RMX (feat. Jay-Z)*

Goddamn. This shit is hot, Kanye & Jay kill that beat.. honestly, with verses like this it's easy to tell that Kanye has greatly matured as a rapper.
College Dropout is an amazing album but I really think Late Registration will be better because he definitely has matured. It shows in the original Diamonds and especially the remix, I think he outshines Jay on the track.

tical2000
06-14-2005, 12:20 AM
I saw KANYE WEST 3 weeks ago at a music festival.........I thought KANYE would not hold it down but he surprised me........dude came out and rocked all his songs with no hype man, had perfect cadence in his raps........he also had A-Trak as his dj who was the world champ a couple years back.......

....I think KANYE is going to bring some skillz on his new record

netscape check two
06-14-2005, 12:21 AM
His voice is annoying and he seems very conceited, cocky, and childish.

I-Legit
06-14-2005, 12:24 AM
BUT HIS BEATS ARE HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dun know him.....but his shit is fuckin fire

tical2000
06-14-2005, 12:28 AM
His voice is annoying and he seems very conceited, cocky, and childish.
arn't all rappers?

Rebel_INS
06-14-2005, 03:22 AM
That night yo I was hittin like a spiked bat
...Anyway.. Kanye sux

SHRAP
06-14-2005, 03:28 AM
fuck kanye, fuck his beats, fuck his rich ass parents, fuck kanyes rich boy life. yeah call me a hater, fuck kanye with a big ass wrench and an aids infested dildo. i hope ALL FALLS DOWN and the college dropout drop out a fuckin 30 story window and splatters his ass on the sidewalk... yea theres the new workout plan 150 lbs lost in 10 seconds... then he can know for sure if jesus walks

HighChief
06-14-2005, 03:35 AM
he was suspect and I wasnt sure until that new Com dropped. He is legit and he gots my respect. dont let him touch a mic tho

CeeDub204
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
fuck kanye, fuck his beats, fuck his rich ass parents, fuck kanyes rich boy life. yeah call me a hater, fuck kanye with a big ass wrench and an aids infested dildo. i hope ALL FALLS DOWN and the college dropout drop out a fuckin 30 story window and splatters his ass on the sidewalk... yea theres the new workout plan 150 lbs lost in 10 seconds... then he can know for sure if jesus walks
Your a hater

Analyze
06-14-2005, 10:50 AM
First, dont put the Neptunes on the same level as Premo. Second, Kanye as far as production is hot but lyrically that nigga is trash. He fucked that Diamonds are forever beat up.

Wu Forever

netscape check two
06-14-2005, 02:35 PM
The Neptunes are a bunch of dorks. No need for Pharell to be stinking up all those videos he's in.

tical2000
06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Change your tampon.......you angry bitch

netscape check two
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
The speeded up chimpunk voice does sound better than Kayne's regular voice though.

Megaman
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
The College Dropout and BE> Most of the Wu-Tang albums released on the last 4 years.

brahma
06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
kanye is average ... his tracks are too much into women shit and so the beats and melodies...
the college dropout was quite okay

pi-pol
06-14-2005, 03:51 PM
As a producer, Kanye is great: he had the best beats on the Black Album (which was very dope by the way, and i'm not a Jay-z fan at all), College Dropout was one of the best produced album of 2004 and he reached his peak with Common's Be (best mainstream hip hop album of the year so far).

Those who say that he only speed up and loop soul vocals need to listen more closely. College Dropeout was full of live instrumentations, choirs and additional vocals and the beats were kinda complex. Plus his drums programmation are real nice. With Be, he proved he could incorporate boom bap elements to his beats (listen to "The Corner" or "Chi City"). He can also produce classic soul (and not techno r&b) material like his tracks on the John Legend album.

As an emcee, i guess it is a love it or hate it thing. His delivery is special but i'm feeling his sense of humor.

Of course you can hate the man (he looks like an asshole to me). But i got high expectation for his upcoming album (the single is fire + with Common and John Legend in his team, dude can't go wrong)

Definitive X
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
The College Dropout and BE> Most of the Wu-Tang albums released on the last 4 years. BE, yes, but not College Dropout...and Bulletproof Wallets, No Said Date, Pretty Toney, Legend of the Liquid Swords, even Digital Bullet and Iron Flag, were better than College Dropout, which I played out after one listening session and never heard again...