PDA

View Full Version : Das efx appreiciation Thread

J.T.S.
12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
These guys are the best duo in hip-hop, i don't give a fuck what anyone says!

DEVAMPS
12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
"Hold It Down" Is So Classic.. I Love That Album

elantratuner
12-07-2007, 11:47 AM
No disrespect to Das cuz there dope azz but I do believe best due in hip hop goes to EPMD!

J.T.S.
12-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah but they don't bring that raw enery to the mic like das did! But epmd is regarded the best.

buckshotstheone
12-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Dope dope dope group

Straight Up Sewaside is my shit

love that album, so fucking raw, that's a 2 blunt record right there...

SL33
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM
ghost and rae are better duo, but damn, i like hold it down.....flawless

junius
12-07-2007, 01:59 PM
bk all day motherfuckers--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0huB2iNo4&feature=related

probably top five duos, i'll say that: run-dmc, epmd, outkast, ugk... das efx? i'm going by peak, none of the run-dmc's four good albums are GREAT, i think, tho' they are "classic" (since there was a lot less competition). (unless we count run-dmc as a trio, with JMJ.)

buckshotstheone
12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
bk all day motherfuckers--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0huB2iNo4&feature=related

probably top five duos, i'll say that: run-dmc, epmd, outkast, ugk... das efx? i'm going by peak, none of the run-dmc's four good albums are GREAT, i think, tho' they are "classic" (since there was a lot less competition). (unless we count run-dmc as a trio, with JMJ.)

1. Run-DMC is a trio

2. UGK? Really? come on, Gang Starr is lightyears ahead of that duo, oh wait, they ain't a duo anymore

3. four albums weren't GREAT?!?! how old are you? Raising Hell is an incredible album, as is King of Rock

J.T.S.
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM

I'm talking about for those times, and i'm sorry iv'e never heard two dudes besides smoothe, and trigga that had that perfect back n' forth chemistry at rapid fire speed like das.

crds
12-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I have always loved Das EFX and get annoyed at kids that say they just had a gimmick, NO the kids that bit their style and ran with it, had the gimmick.

It's a shame there last album was fairly wack though, but through the years 1992-1995, Drayz and Skoob were those dudes.

CharlesJones
12-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I got Das EFX's Hold It Down album in the car right now. I love that album too. Their videos used to make me laugh because their videos were filmed in a sewer hahahahahahahahahaha. I've never seen rappers do videos in a sewer before. They definitely had their own style. Straight Up Sewaside is a real good album also and so is their first album of course. Generation EFX album was pretty good. Their last album How We Do wasn't that bad.

CharlesJones
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
To the dude who spoke on Run DMC, what 4 albums of their's are you talking about weren't great? Only albums of their's that sucked are Back From Hell and Crown Royal(this album should've never been made because Run and Jam Master Jay used DMC's lyrics from old unreleased songs and they didn't ask DMC for permission to use his lyrics. DMC was mad at them about that. What's up with the wack guest appearances from rock artists on that album? LOL.).

junius
12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
buckshot, yr not stupid, always, but you need A LOT less you weed you whiteboy stoner dumbass piece of shit-- hint, i was fucking your mom in the ass before you ever heard Run-DMC & no fucktard, NONE of those albums are front to black bangers. how goddamn "blunted" are you son, or has Jay-Z jism clogged your fucking ears as much as much as that weed smoke has your lungs? (and what part of ** LESS COMPETITION ** do you fail to understand? when there's only five or ten hip-hop albums in existence, of course the best one is "classic.")

Charles: there's filler & wackness (at least one or two tracks) on ALL four of Run DMC records that count. why do ya'll think Run DMC ** set the model ** for the hip-hop fadeaway, as well as setting the standard for dopeness in other ways? Stop the fake frontin', how many ya'll

1) heard "Sucker MCs" b/w "It's Like That" ** when it came out **?
2) were in NYC then?
3) saw fucking "Krush Groove," which pretty much sucked? (Tho' "Beat Street" was pretty much great.)

A: everyone in the Wu, among others.

i did forget Gangstarr, btw, so then we drop Das Efx or ADD Heltah Skeltah-- we need to differentiate between duos on ** the mic ** & the person group.

CharlesJones
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
First Run DMC album my parents bought me was King Of Rock so i've been a fan of their's since i was a kid in the early 80's. You think Krush Groove sucked? I liked it. I had a crush on Sheila E after seeing that movie.

FlamingSwordz
12-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Still listen to Das Efx man, great duo.

WuTangKillaBee
12-08-2007, 05:07 AM
ive only ever heard "Straight Up Sewa Side" but it was classic shit.

LiquidSwords32
12-08-2007, 01:12 PM

besides cuban linx and ironman (if you even wanna call those straight up collabos) you cannot include rae and ghost in the same sentence as diggity Das Efx. they straight up ripped shit. have you guys ever watched videos on youtube from the concerts in south america and over seas?? people go crazy over there for them. those guys are timeless and "hold it down" is one of the best hip hop albums of all time. certified classic.

Dragondude_R
12-08-2007, 03:17 PM
First 3 albums were great, Straight Up Sewaside and Hold It Down are classics. HiD is my favorite, easily one of the best produced albums ever. Everybody ate they fucking style.

I heard Generation EFX wasn't that good though (the song with Tef/M.O.P. is my shit though) and the last one pretty much sucked. Oh well, damn shame.

I heard a solo track from either Drayz or Scoob, it was dope.

And the duos with the best chemistry are M.O.P., Smif-N-Wessun, Run DMC (lol @ the newjack hate, foh), and Smoothe & Trigger.

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-08-2007, 03:18 PM
straight up sewaside is a banger, only losing a few points because it's edited

hold it down is definitely my all-time favorite

i'm sleepin tho, cuz i haven't heard their last two albums yet.

one of these days i'm tracking them down and getting a collab with them, even if it takes years.

junius
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
eight biz, get on it, the first is insane, the third still hot as hell.

if you're serious about hooking up-- & i hope you are-- might try to start here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=113698847

also, my other "lost" Brooklyn homie, Chip Fu (who does a lot of reggae now)--

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=34874639

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-09-2007, 05:19 AM
thanks a million, junius. i was tryin to look them up on myspace the other night, and the only profiles i were getting were fan sites. i'ma definitely find out at least how much i gotta drop to get em on a track.