PDA

View Full Version : Nas - I Am.. (The Autobiography)

claaa7
12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I know there's been a couple of Nas threads here recently but I think this one deserves it's own also. The original unreleased 2CD of Nas "I Am..." is something that's really been interesting me, since from what i've heard would be his 3rd classic album in a row. Let's discus about it, talk what we know about it and also I will post the original 13-track advance that got leaked as soon as i get time. The tracklist for that was:

01 - Fetus
02 - Small World
03 - Project Windows (original)
04 - Poppa Was a Player
05 - Dr. Knockboot's Do's & Dont's
06 - Stay Scheamin
07 - Sometimes I Wonder
08 - Hardest Thing to Do
09 - Wanna Play?
10 - Drunk By Myself
11 - Blaze a 50
12 - Money is My Bitch
13 - We Will Survive

we also know that "Nas is like" was released as the street-single and was part of the original album. one could assume that Nas probably got both of Premier's beats at the same time so NY State of Mind pt.2 might been on there too. The 12" of Hate Me Now had Blaze a 50 on it so both tracks were probably on it also. I've heard Undying Love was supposed to be the end of Disc 1 and Disc 2 would start with a unreleased track called Among Kings. damn, this album should have been great.

claaa7
12-08-2007, 10:18 AM
also if anybody could upload The Source original 4.5 mic review of "I Am" it would have been really appreciated.

buckshotstheone
12-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I Am sucked, plain and simple. not as terrible as Nastradamus but it certainly ranks up there as shittiest albums ever (and spare me the "well this song is hot and that song is hot" bullshit)...this album sucks

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I Am sucked, plain and simple. not as terrible as Nastradamus but it certainly ranks up there as shittiest albums ever (and spare me the "well this song is hot and that song is hot" bullshit)...this album sucks

not the original

i would like to know the original tracklist tho

Kenny Powers
12-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I am... certainly did not suck Ny st of mind part 2, hate me now, nas is like, money is my bitch, favor for a favor, big things... all incrediable songs

LiquidSwords32
12-08-2007, 11:58 AM

you suck. what the hell did you listened to. cause i was listening to "I am" aka a pretty good album by nas. now nastradamus is another story. I am tho, i dont know how you could say it "sucked"......

buckshotstheone
12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I am... certainly did not suck Ny st of mind part 2, hate me now, nas is like, money is my bitch, favor for a favor, big things... all incrediable songs

apparently you missed the "spare me the talk about this song is hot and that song is hot bullshit"

name all the songs you want, the album sucks

One and Only
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I Am was a HOT album fuck what ya heard!

johhnyblaze
12-08-2007, 01:02 PM
apparently you missed the "spare me the talk about this song is hot and that song is hot bullshit"

name all the songs you want, the album sucks

Get off your throne, you condescending white boy.

buckshotstheone
12-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Get off your throne, you condescending white boy.

the fuck does me being white have to do with anything?

claaa7
12-08-2007, 01:10 PM

we are not talking bout the same album, the thread is about the original one.

buckshotstheone
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
fetus is an incredible track, so is drunk by myself

claaa7
12-08-2007, 02:29 PM
fetus is an incredible track, so is drunk by myself

yeah the original had lots of it and they were autobiographical also. check out "poppa was a playa", "sometimes i wonder", "hardest thing to do is stay alive", "money's my bitch", etc, etc..

junius
12-08-2007, 02:44 PM
apparently whiteboy-- who was, uh... -2 years old when Run DMC first dropped, thus his great "expertise"-- has some issues. that weed laced with something & you still trippin' son or what? AT LEAST get some stoner chick (or dude, whatever's good, homie) to take th edge off for you.

props to the original poster-- Nas is one most of consistenly album oriented dudes out there along w/PE so trying to reconstruct the original is important/interesting.

buckshotstheone
12-08-2007, 02:45 PM
1. i got a wifey

2. i was actually 3 when i first heard Run-DMC and never looked back, how many mafuckas got knowledge that dates back to the 80s anymore?

WU-JUNKIE760
12-08-2007, 03:36 PM
^uh me.

and it would be much appreciated if the original avance of i am was upped. dope album none the less...