PDA

View Full Version : O.C. Word... Life reissue

junius
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
since i learned everything i know about hip-hop from buckshot & he ain't said shit about this yet... maybe they suspended the teacha'?! or maybe fucking Jay-Z fake gangster bullshit w/ wackass production is sooooooooooooooo "compelling" he can't catch up to the past? either way, who gives a shit? BUT--

i am happy to report that, even if ya'll have downloaded versions, "Word... Life" is available again w/o crazy Amazon or ebay prices. in fact, it's on a Brooklyn label, Mushine Inc/Next Mill-- i have nothing to do with it but excitedly picked it up the other day (an ex- made off with my original cd a few years ago).

what can you say? certainly one of the best of all DITC records & among the best NYC of the era, if you've somehow never heard it yet... now's your chance. it's not as cool as Talib with Norah Jones or El-P with Nine Inch Nails (extreme sarcasm), let alone any fucking Jay-Z but it's... okay.

p/s-- there's five bonus tracks too, a few remixes, "Ozone" demo, etc.

White Owl Clan
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
word up...i actually just paid 50 dollars for the original but it was worth it cause i been loving that cd for years.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
man y'all trippin also I got the orig. wax version and cassette tape version...

claaa7
12-09-2007, 05:46 AM
dope album as hell just wish jay-z was on it.

buckshotstheone
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
wow, that's some serious hate out of nowhere? the fuck i do to deserve that

and the reason i ain't mentioned a re-release of that album is cause i've owned it for years, been bumpin' it for years, and so what if i haven't mentioned it in a post or whatever, i fucking spin it enough

you wanna hate then hate on me for something i actually did, not because out of the thousands of hip hop artists and groups that i haven't yet brought up O.C. (and to know that i haven't yet you would have had to read thorugh every post i have made...which means you got too much time on your hands)

fuck you, O.C. is the shit, and personally, i know a lot of people might disagree with me on this but as much as i love Jewelz, i think Word...Life is better

buckshotstheone
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
and btw you are the only asshole hating on the "wack ass production" on jay-z's shit. the whole rest of the fucking world LOVES the production on his new album

stop being such a hater you fucking baby

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
and btw you are the only asshole hating on the "wack ass production" on jay-z's shit. the whole rest of the fucking world LOVES the production on his new album

yeah pretty much, but this fucking album jewelz is the shit

buckshotstheone
12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah pretty much, but this fucking album jewelz is the shit

jewelz is crazy nice. that first joint, "its' my world, and i won't stop and if you stand in the way you bound to get shot", goddamn that shit is beautiful. sets the whole tone. freddie foxxx murders that album, big l touches it up nice. whole shit is incredible, definately lives up to the name

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
ITs not DITC best produced album. The lyrics are the attraction here, for me the beats always got a litle boring.

crds
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Jay-Z is a boring ass old camel who should have retired the FIRST time, why anyone would take the time to defend that bland and boring album is beyond my comprehension.

So, sorry Buck, the Whole rest of the World doesn't love the production on that beer coaster album.

Back to the topic, I still have the original CD of this great O.C. album, it's dope it's getting a re-issue.

Weng
12-10-2007, 06:34 AM
can someone please post a tracklist with the bonus tracks ?

DJMethods
12-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Sweet, looks like I'm gonna blow all the birthday $$$ on albums again

claaa7
12-12-2007, 07:41 AM
So, sorry Buck, the Whole rest of the World doesn't love the production on that beer coaster album.

I bet you like The Big Doe Rehab? if that is the case you are living in denial, because production on American Gangster is the same as on BDR only so much better executed.