PDA

View Full Version : Kris Kross

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-08-2007, 10:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kross#References

anyone into that funk?

buckshotstheone
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
if you are referring to the sega cd game then let me just say - by far the greatest video game in the history of video games

of course i'm kidding

wuswordz95
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I never knew jermaine dupri produced their album. i guess nice work.

Edgar Erebus
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I didn't feel them. Too much kids on one record.

Hollow Dartz
12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
They were ok back in the day. They fell off hard though.

buckshotstheone
12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
jermaine wrote all their lyrics

that clothes-backwards thing was weird

SilvaFistz
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
aint it funny that ghost used the sample for killa lipstick that kriss kross used for tonight's tha night?

Dirty Knowledge
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Kriss Kross was for the kids.. and yeah I never knew Dupri did their shit either but then again I didn't much know who Dupri was until about 97. I wasn't surprised though when I found out.. Dupri been putting work in to the game many different ways this is just another example.

check two
12-10-2007, 01:41 AM
I thought they were supposed to be coming out with another album a few years back? And I think they are still involved in the music scene(behind the scenes). They were better than some of the other kid's crap that comes out nowadays, like Soulja Boy.

buckshotstheone
12-10-2007, 10:23 AM
jermaine dupri also put Da Brat on for anyone who ain't in the know

main_man
12-10-2007, 11:14 AM
jermanie dupri also likes to have sexual relations with men, for those that dont know. he's also pretty much talentless.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I never knew jermaine dupri produced their album. i guess nice work.

i knew that, but "Jump" still sometimes get played in clubs i've been to when they're doing like a megamix or something

buckshotstheone
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
jermanie dupri also likes to have sexual relations with men, for those that dont know. he's also pretty much talentless.

him and lil wayne should team up, they seem to have a lot in common, talentless homos

buckshotstheone
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
i knew that, but "Jump" still sometimes get played in clubs i've been to when they're doing like a megamix or something

Jump gets played at NBA games a lot as well

Weng
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
i prefer chi-ali & illegal when it comes to kiddie rap, ah and of course shyheim

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
^^ do you like da youngstaz? l ike their albums...

buckshotstheone
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
i prefer chi-ali & illegal when it comes to kiddie rap, ah and of course shyheim

that Illegal album was some seriously dope shit, E-Dub handling most of it

don't forget Da Youngstas, they held it down with a couple nice records

J.T.S.
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah da youngstas were dope.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-10-2007, 04:35 PM
that Illegal album was some seriously dope shit, E-Dub handling most of it

don't forget Da Youngstas, they held it down with a couple nice records

yo true man, illegal had really hard bangaz, i was blowned away...

did you hear any album from Yo-Yo (female mc)

TAURO
12-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I used to love Kriss Kross back in the day, in fact I still have Totally Krossed Out on tape.

buckshotstheone
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
did you hear any album from Yo-Yo (female mc)

hell yeah, that was the chick that Cube put on, she had a couple of good albums

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-10-2007, 07:06 PM
aint it funny that ghost used the sample for killa lipstick that kriss kross used for tonight's tha night?

EPMD, Ice Cube, O.C. and many others used it too, man.

SilvaFistz
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
EPMD, Ice Cube, O.C. and many others used it too, man.

yeah i know but isnt it funny that people started talking about kriss kross
in here while ghost released that album with that song.

HarlemDiplomat
12-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Ha...

Bloo
12-11-2007, 05:58 AM
I felt Kriss Kross back in those days. Hell, I was still listening to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince too. But I was only 8-9 so it was ok.

JD found them though, the way they tell the story is that JD was in a mall in Atlanta signin autographs (what the hell for I don't know, not like anyone knew who he was outside of ATL at that time) and they did a little performance for him.

If you stop to listen to their albums though, it's just proof of how comercial hip-hop back in those days was as well. Totally Krossed Out was full of those catchy, New-Jack Swing type beats that were popular back in the day. Da Bomb had a heavy west coast sound. JD is just a trend rider, and he rode KK right to fame.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
well, yeah, but in that era it was iller beats and raps.

CharlesJones
12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Their first 2 albums Totally Krossed Out and Da Bomb are tight. Their last album sucked. Lightskin dude in the group is a solo artist now. He got rid of his braids. I saw a recent picture of him in Jet magazine and he said he's doing positive music now without cursing. The other dude in the group has cancer. That's why he lost all of his hair. Illegal and Da Youngstas were tight back in the day. I didn't like Da Youngstas first album. Quran who was a member of Da Youngstas produced Method Man's Make Up 2 Break Up song with D'Angelo. I think he also produced another Method Man song on Tical 0 The Prequel album.

buckshotstheone
12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Their first 2 albums Totally Krossed Out and Da Bomb are tight. Their last album sucked. Lightskin dude in the group is a solo artist now. He got rid of his braids. I saw a recent picture of him in Jet magazine and he said he's doing positive music now without cursing. The other dude in the group has cancer. That's why he lost all of his hair. Illegal and Da Youngstas were tight back in the day. I didn't like Da Youngstas first album. Quran who was a member of Da Youngstas produced Method Man's Make Up 2 Break Up song with D'Angelo. I think he also produced another Method Man song on Tical 0 The Prequel album.

damn...appreciate the knowledge...good looks

check two
12-12-2007, 01:32 AM
I just read some recent info that Kriss Kross is reunited, and will be working with Jermaine Dupri again. They plan to release a new album in 2008. Who knows if that will actually happen though.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-12-2007, 06:39 AM
yea, i would be tight to hear the new album...

CharlesJones
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Quran of Da Youngstas and 50 Cent were in Method Man's Break Up 2 Make Up video at the end when Quran was fighting Method Man in the club over that female rapper Vita LOL. Buckshotstheone, you asked about Yo Yo. I liked her back in the day. Only albums of her's i heard are Black Pearl and You Better Ask Somebody. You Better Ask Somebody is real tight. Black Pearl was decent. She's cute too and got a big booty. Remember she had a small part in the movie Strapped with Bokeem Woodbine and Fredro Starr? The scene she was in, she was Jermaine Hopkins girlfriend and Bokeem was looking at him like i know he ain't fucking her LOL.