PDA

View Full Version : Sun Signs

LORD NOSE
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Pisces

The ruler of Pisces is Neptune.Its symbol represents a pair of sea horses or sea lions yoked together. They dwell in the innermost regions of the sea, which is symbolic of life after death or regeneration. The image also represents a duality, the struggle of the spiritual soul within the physical body.

Personal Traits
Pisceans are the most malleable of the twelve signs. They possess a gentle, patient nature, but one that is in want of molding. They can be impressed by and completely absorbed into their environment.
Pisces adapts to their surroundings, good or bad. They are generous, friendly, good natured people with a true sense of kindness and compassion. They are sensitive to everything around them including the feelings of others. They are popular folk because of their easygoing and likable manner.They have an uncanny sense of perceiving what a person is in need of, and delivering it. They are not initiators, but rather allow circumstances and events to motivate them, and then they respond.

Pisceans are not practical people. They are too ephemeral for normal day to day living in the world. They are sensitive and instinctual rather than intellectual or mechanical.When, however, they do find the right container, they are capable of some incredible deeds. They will become completely absorbed in a chosen path, to the exclusion of everything else.

Positive Traits
Pisceans do best in an environment where they can exercise their imaginations and intuitive nature. They are gifted artistically. They are versatile and tend to understand things by absorption rather than logic. They are loyal, home-loving, kind and generous. They are receptive to new ideas and circumstances. They often make excellent artists in all fields because they have great imaginations.They possess wonderful creativity which is demonstrated in music, literature, drama and art. They appreciate luxury and pleasure, and are ripe for new sensations. When they travel, they prefer remote, exotic places.
Main positive traits: Understanding, instinctive, compassionate, artistic, sacrificing, charitable.

Negative Traits Piscean characters are absent minded. They don't fare well in a controlled or fixed environment and generally rebel against convention. Pisceans wage only a personal battle.They can be so subtle, sensitive and emotional that they end up being a real drain on ones resources. In business they can be unreliable, idle, careless, impractical and ineffective. The negative side of Pisces is often fickle, a gossip, indiscreet, and gullible.

Pisces is easily misled because they want to believe. No matter how often they are led astray by vacant promises, they keep the faith and go on looking for their personal ideal. Their dreamy and impractical natures are a source of distress to those close to them.Being a mixture of an optimist and a pessimist , they find it difficult to make up their minds on any issue. Main Negative traits: Pessimistic, impractical, unrealistic, fearful, emotionally restrained, melancholy.
Profession

In the career department, they are better working by themselves than for someone else. Their sympathy equips them for careers in charity, catering to the needy, as a nurse, looking after the sick, or as a veterinarian, caring for animals.
They have a love of water, and can be found in work that keeps them near the sea. Pisces creativity includes a natural ability to imitate or mirror another person as well as enter into their feelings. These attributes make them wonderful character actors, and many Pisceans find great fulfillment on stage or in films.
Pisces sense of others, is an abilitythat makes them effective in civil service and the legal arena. Many in law enforcement and the judicial system are Pisceans. Their intuitive and spiritual qualities can lead them into careers in religion or to service as mediums and mystics. Still others are creative cooks and chefs. Because of their versatility and plasticity, they often follow several vocations during their lifetime.

LORD NOSE
12-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Scorpio
The ruler of Scorpio is Pluto. Prior to the discovery of the ninth planet, Scorpio was ruled by Mars, which is still considered co-ruler. The sign of cosmic purpose, Scorpio is considered to be the success sign.
Self contained and self centered, concentrated Scorpios usually succeed in whatever they set out to accomplish.
Personal Traits
Scorpions are known for their intense and powerful natures.They are willful, proud and calm with an electrifying undercurrent of seething intensity. Purposeful and animated with force, they project a magnetic personality.Scorpio does nothing in half measures. An all or nothing attitude permeates their entire life. When fixed on something or someone, the scorpion perseveres. Scorpio never settles. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest or not at all. Scorpio will rarely be found in the center of activity, but will always know just what is going on of concern to him.
Their tenacity and willpower are enviable, their depth of character and passionate conviction admirable, but it is their deep sensitivity that makes them the best and most loyal friend. This same quality makes them the most treacherous of enemies.
When they harnesstheir abundant energy constructively, their self-confidence tempered with shrewdness, and their ambition coupled with generosity toward others, they excel at whatever they undertake. Scorpios are demanding of others, but never ask someone to do what they would not do themselves. They can be fanatically focused and work till they drop.

Positive Traits

Scorpio imagination and intuition are excellent. They possess refined critical perception and strong analytical ability. In addition, they seem to demonstrate a natural healing power. These abundant gifts allow Scorpions to penetrate the most profound subjects. They are serious folk, but quite charming to people they like, and when social events call for it. On the positive side, they are hard workers and are willing to help others as long as they are willing to help themselves.
Main positive traits: Motivated, passionate, resourceful, investigative, penetrating, aware.
Negative Traits

Their sensitivity, and pride allow them to be easily hurt, quick to feel insult or injury, even when none is intended, and easily roused to heights of anger. An angry Scorpio is a sight to see. Scorpio seethes, and doesn't give it up. Their tragic flaw is their immense pride. Once wronged, once Scorpio's pride has been diminished, the game of courtesy is over. Many Scorpios possess a suspicious outlook, and need to know the reasons behind everything.
Main negative traits: Intolerant, violent, jealous, resentful, distrusting, secretive, tempermental.
Profession Their inner intensity can result in the ice-cold restraint and detachment of the surgeon, the concentration of the research scientist and the heroism of the soldier. Any profession in which analysis, investigation, research or dealing with the solving of mysteries are present appeals to Scorpio. Their secretive natures make them natural detectives.Police ,espionage, the law, physics or psychology are attractive professions to the Scorpio.
As writers and orators they excel. The Scorpio character is the one you see up on the podium delivering fiery speeches. They succeed because they communicate the power of their convictions.

LORD NOSE
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Virgo
The ruler of Virgo is Mercury. The glyph is said to be connected to the Immaculate Conception of the Messiah. It's symbol "The Virgin" originated from the star Spica in the constellation of Virgo.

The Virgo character is precise, refined, and a lover of cleanliness, hygiene and order. Conventional, with a rather reserved manner.They are usually observant, shrewd, critical, and patient. Virgos are undemonstrative due to a coolness in their nature. Very selective, and non committal in friendship, they prefer to keep relationships on a superficial basis.
Personal Traits
Quietly reserved, Virgos are polite and soft spoken people. Unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable, they can be sensible, discreet, wise and witty, with an understanding of other people's problems which they tackle with deftness. Virgos find their friends among those who can help them move up the social strata. They like to associate with achievers. Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity. In marriage they can be genuinely affectionate, and make good partners and parents. They are meticulous planners, considering every detail and its effect.
There is seldom much room for emotional involvement because the mind is always engaged and dominant. What they lack in passion they make up for in preciseness.When confronted with obstacles, they stay calm and rational and work on finding a solution rather than loosing their cool. This calmness is sometimes seen as being cold and calculating. In spite of this, Virgos are friendly and outgoing people
Virgoans are essentially tacticians, admirable in the attainment of limited objectives. They have a basic distrust in their nature, not only of other people but themselves as well. They project this mistrust to others and therefore make exacting employers. Although, they will never ask anyone to do what they won't do, it is still asking a lot, because most people will not go to the pains a Virgo will.

Positive Traits
Their mental bend gives them the ability to analyze and solve the most complicated problems. Virgos have a wonderful eye for detail and often neglect the overall issues. Hard workers and conscientious, they are perfectionists with little tolerance for shoddy work. There is no place in their world for people who are footloose and fancy free.
More concerned with the outcome than the process, Virgos lack spontaneity.
Main positve traits: Practical, analytical, neat, industrious, detailed.
Negative Traits
On the negative side, Virgos have a penchant for turning molehills into mountains, difficulties into stress and cleanliness into obsessive behavior. There is a need to pay attention to health concerns, particularly those related to overt stress. Virgos are predisposed to worry and hypochondria.They can make themselves so useful to others, it often leaves them vulnerable to exploitation. They need to avoid being shy or inhibited when it comes to dealing with others interests as well as with their personal interests .
Main negative traits: Fault -finding, cynical, shyness, perfectionist, worrying, critical of self/others.
Profession
Due to the Virgo preference for detail rather than the big picture, they make better workers than they do leaders. They are practical, mental people, possessing inquiring and logical minds. In this respect, they make excellent students, and good teachers.Practical and good with their hands, they are excellent technicians and have good inventive talents. Virgos possess a strong potential for the arts, sciences and language. They are well suited for any career where analysis, detail and precision are required. They make excellent programmers, accountants, and statisticians. Many go into medicine, law, and the teaching profession. With an avid interest in history, some Virgos make excellent writers and researchers.

LORD NOSE
12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/astrology.htm

diggy
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
What is your take on astrology and numerology? Do you think it works?

LORD NOSE
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
there are some strong similarities in the people i know who fall under the same sign

numerology i don't get into

diggy
12-11-2007, 12:38 AM
I have a theory that these readings describe characteristics that are in all of us. The astrology report using selective thinking, just focusses our attention on certain characteristics we have.

diggy
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
That is y sometimes/most of the times, the report is right.

LORD NOSE
12-11-2007, 03:13 AM
yeah - thats horoscope reports though

the astrological sun sign calculations describes the persons character

and is usually on point from what i gathered

diggy
12-11-2007, 03:28 AM
So whats the difference?

LORD NOSE
12-11-2007, 03:39 AM
So whats the difference?

the horoscope trys and guides your day based off of the position of the stars that day (i'm guessing all of this)

Your Astrological Chart is a sum up of who you are based off of where the stars were when you were born
(i'm guessing all of this too)

diggy
12-11-2007, 03:42 AM
So is a sun sign based on your position (distance) from the sun or...?

LORD NOSE
12-11-2007, 03:49 AM
So is a sun sign based on your position (distance) from the sun or...?

i don't know

i'm really not the expert on this subject
i just like the good things my sun sign says about me lol

i don't even know why its called a sun sign

diggy
12-11-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm Taurus. What info can u get about me?

LORD NOSE
12-11-2007, 04:05 AM

diggy
12-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks

LORD NOSE
12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
i don't know

i'm really not the expert on this subject
i just like the good things my sun sign says about me lol

i don't even know why its called a sun sign

but someone in here does

start the Splaining

V4D3R
12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce08.html

V4D3R
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Enki/Ptah is the one who gave us astrology.

Enki states that we humans are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the anunnaki, global warming and nuclear war.

York was on point about that shit.

I overstand why York was targeted.

Prolifical ENG
12-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Mine explains me exactly.

Aquarius
The ruler of Aquarius is Uranus. Its symbol represents water, a universal image which dates back into prehistory. This will also be recognized in the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the same.The association in Aquarius is that of the servant of humanity pouring out the water of knowledge to quench the thirst of the world.
Personal Traits

Aquarians are interesting and attractive people. They can be shy, sensitive, gentle and patient or enthusiastic and lively with a tendency to be exhibitionists. Both types are strong willed and forceful in their own way. Very opinionated with strong convictions, they fight for what they believe in. They will argue vehemently for what they believe to be true.
These are farsighted people and innovative. They are generally without prejudice and quite tolerant of the point of view of others. They have an interesting side to their nature that allows them to see a valid argument even when they disagree with it. They are quite objective folk and never get waylaid by being too close to an issue or person.

Aquarius is truly a humane, human being. Known to be frank and outspoken, Aquarius makes for a serious and genial companion. Refined and idealistic, romantic but practical, they are personable and likable people.
Quick in mind and quick to respond, Aquarians love activity and are quite reasonable, though difficult to get close to. They cherish and guard their independence, and are a strange mixture of caring concern and cool detachment. They will go out of their way to help when needed, but never get involved emotionally.
http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/zodiac%20pics%5CAG_aquarius.gif
Positive Traits
Aquarians are usually intelligent, cool, clear, logical people. They have good imaginations and are quite intuitive. Aquarius is drawn to and inspired by great causes.They are not limited to their environment and disappointments don't deter them from their goals. They often adopt a life style that goes against the trends, because the odd and unique fascinate them.
Whether the retiring or the outgoing Aquarian, both types appreciate opportunities to be alone. They enjoy their own company and are recharged by this quiet time. Rarely content being followers, they are more often society's trend setters. They do not take kindly to interference by others, even if it is well intended. Most Aquarians appreciate beauty and balance, possessing an excellent sense of aesthetics. This is often expressed by interests that can span drama, music, art, and science.
Main postive traits: Progressive, independent, inventive, friendly, humaitarian, originality.

Negative Traits
Aquarians are an enigma. On one hand they are warm, kind, and outgoing, the sort to make friends easily and willingly. On the other hand, they are quite aloof people, who do not actively seek out relationships, and resent any infringement on their time or resources. They are engaging, yet unreachable. They can be fascinating and dynamic, while lacking any real warmth or endearing qualities.

Among the faults, which are typically Aquarian, are extreme eccentricity, and an unwillingness to participate in any standard of protocol. When angered, they become seriously rude, alternating between deafening silence and sudden outbursts of temper.
Main negative traits: Unemotional, aloof, tempermental, unpreditable, eccentric, fixed opinions.
Profession
Aquarians work best in group projects, but must be recognized as having a leading role. They make excellent researchers and admirable scientists, especially astronomers and natural historians. They may lead the field in photography, computer technology, Radiography or electronics .Aviation is also a natural vocation for Aquarians
In the arts and humanities, their progressive talents are expressed well in writing, particularly poetry, and in broadcasting. In the theater, they make good character actors, and are natural mimics. Possessing an affinity for rhythm and timing, many Aquarians make fine and progressive musicians. In the service fields, they can be effective welfare workers or educators.

Prolifical ENG
12-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Someone knows this well??? Is he a "Solarian"???

V4D3R
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm Pisces - and so is my boy due in March.

LORD NOSE
12-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Mine explains me exactly.

mines does to

diggy
12-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Mine too. It really surprises me. How did they get it right? I've even tried some numerology sites and they get it right too. Its weird.

LORD NOSE
12-19-2007, 11:39 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_natoflagsmall1.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/natoflagsmall1.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_bindu-s.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/bindu-s.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_db_1_b.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/db_1_b.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_Sun_God_Male.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/Sun_God_Male.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_Masonic_Emblem_Hexagram_Sun.gif (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/Masonic_Emblem_Hexagram_Sun.gif)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_SunAten6.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/SunAten6.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_AC-0056.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/AC-0056.jpg)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/th_sunsign.jpg (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/sunsign.jpg)

do you believe that the position of the earth and how it lines up with the stars at the time a child is born will effect that childs mind and character ?

begongo
12-21-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm a Scorpio and I resemble perfectly with the horoscope description of my sign. Most people that I know fit very well to the description I find in the horoscope.
Sunny what sign are you?

LORD NOSE
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm a Scorpio and I resemble perfectly with the horoscope description of my sign. Most people that I know fit very well to the description I find in the horoscope.
Sunny what sign are you?

same as you man

LORD NOSE
03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
yes its called natal astrology
it where u get your sun sign from
a natal chart is what horoscopes are based on

natal astrology

never heard of it

i can look it up in google and shit but would be better if you splain

LORD NOSE
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Someone knows this well??? Is he a "Solarian"???

i don't know if LHX is a solarian

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
It's silly to believe that the stars arrange themselves with any consideration for people or that people develop personality traits with any consideration for the stars. The way astrology works is that it lists all sorts of ambiguities and abstract language that anyone can find what they are looking for in it. Humans by our very nature have a tendency to take in evidence of what we want to be true and ignore everything to the contrary, hence why people find all sorts of bullshit significances for certain number patterns. Calling astrology a "science" is laughable....it has nothing to do with the scientific method. Like most superstitions and pseudo-sciences, it works on the principle of claiming to already have answers divined from some higher power whereas ACTUAL SCIENCE operates on the premise of asking questions and TRYING TO DISPROVE theories until they withstand our best testing.

And just cause something is old, doesn't make it better or wiser. Slavery, monarchy, blood feuds, infanticide, human sacrifice, and believing the earth is the center of the universe are all old things too.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
the whole basis of the scientific method is to prove these subtle enegies dont exist

its an indoctrination

lol Science is an indoctrination? It's simply a way of asking questions about the world and testing them out. It has nothing to do with a doctrine or belief system.

Now if these "subtle energies" existed, they should be able to withstand scientific attempts to disprove them. That's how science works. Hey......the computer you're using right now. Guess how it was invented? Not through "subtle energies," but through scientific testing to make sure everything worked right. Sorry, but your lame attempts to tap into "subtle energies" and so-called ancient "wisdom" don't mean fuck-all in the real world where you actually have to evaluate things with rationality.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=astrology

http://www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk/dawkins/WorldOfDawkins-archive/Dawkins/Work/Articles/1995-12romance_in_stars.shtml

LORD NOSE
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
its basically what astrology is sunny just the proper term is natal astrology, theres also horary astrology which is predicting the future instead of predicting character traits

thats peace

i'll have to look it up

LORD NOSE
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
It's silly to believe that the stars arrange themselves with any consideration for people or that people develop personality traits with any consideration for the stars. The way astrology works is that it lists all sorts of ambiguities and abstract language that anyone can find what they are looking for in it. Humans by our very nature have a tendency to take in evidence of what we want to be true and ignore everything to the contrary, hence why people find all sorts of bullshit significances for certain number patterns. Calling astrology a "science" is laughable....it has nothing to do with the scientific method. Like most superstitions and pseudo-sciences, it works on the principle of claiming to already have answers divined from some higher power whereas ACTUAL SCIENCE operates on the premise of asking questions and TRYING TO DISPROVE theories until they withstand our best testing.

And just cause something is old, doesn't make it better or wiser. Slavery, monarchy, blood feuds, infanticide, human sacrifice, and believing the earth is the center of the universe are all old things too.

is it true that water/tides rise during a full moon ?

how are people affected during a full moon ?

is it true that the hospitals emergency rooms are much more crowded during these times ?

how are people affected by the sun in the summer and the winter elements in the winter ? (no pun intended)

going through a pregnancy during spring showers at certain points of time has no effect on the child at all ?

STYLE
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
isn't a womans period on a lunar cycle?

doesn't the sun's electromagnetic radiation shift relative to the angle the earth passes thru it?

isn't the earth affected by the other planets gravitational field?

smh...

oh and actually the tides rise and fall due to the moons gravity. when the moon is on one side of the earth it pulls the water to that side, the other side's water level falls. then vice versa.

Dirty Knowledge
03-12-2008, 05:40 PM
If you build it, they will come.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
its deeper then that u have to understand how the scientific method works then understand the nature of subtle energies then u add the 2 and get 3 ...somethings not right....

the only thing i can do is repeat

the whole basis of the scientific method is to prove subtle energies dont exist...its a clever scam, u bought it,

quantum mechanics is a great example where your science is failing and thats just on the threshold of subtle energies and your model of science will never be able to comprehend it.

Ok buddy, whenever you figure out how to use your "subtle energies" to make vaccines for diseases, I'll buy into your crap. For now, I'll stick to the one method of inquiry that's tried and true.

As I know nothing of quantum mechanics I can't comment on your remark, but if you'd care to enlighten me on where you think science is "failing" there... There's really no such thing as "winning" or "losing" when it comes to science, because when it comes right down to it, it's a method of testing things. If you mean that we don't fully understand quantum mechanics yet, then that is in no way a failure. But that's okay, you're clearly a person who lives by absolutes and has no patience to wait for peer-reviewed answers. You'd prefer to believe that some divine sages from the infancy of our species once carried all the answers to life. If that keeps you sane, so be it. I'll choose to live in the real world where houses are built, crops are grown, and diseases are cured through rational thinking, not magic.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 08:39 PM
is it true that water/tides rise during a full moon ?

how are people affected during a full moon ?

is it true that the hospitals emergency rooms are much more crowded during these times ?

how are people affected by the sun in the summer and the winter elements in the winter ? (no pun intended)

going through a pregnancy during spring showers at certain points of time has no effect on the child at all ?

All these questions have to do with supposed correlations between the things you're talking about, (except for tides, which have nothing to do with supernatural powers and are perfectly explainable with knowledge of gravitational pulls).

Correlation =/= causation, and furthermore the things you're talking about are easily affected by suggestion. What I'm saying is that, someone who's sure that people are affected by the full moon might be more aware of strange behavior in themselves and other people just by having that preconception. Because of that, they might totally ignore that the prevalence is the same every other time of the year. You people are so hung up on your subjective experience. You never step outside yourself to question whether you're deluding yourself.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
you should have stopped there and have saved us oth the trouble because obviously your sensitive to your beliefs

and you went so random on so many different subjects i dont feel like taking the time to write responses so ill just say peace

How am I sensitive to my beliefs?

I tried very hard to stay on topic there, so I don't know what you're problem is. I will try to restate it in less sentences.

Regardless of what you or I know about quantum mechanics, I want to know how you think science is failing there but (apparently) astrology or whatever new age shit you believe in, is succeeding. If you mean that science hasn't fully explored quantum mechanics, then that has nothing to do with its validity. It means simply that we haven't figured everything out yet. This applies to any area of science.

Cthulhu
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
i wish i could type fast.....
u did stay on topic
your belief is the scientific method it is a doctrine whether u recognize it or not If you want to believe that. It's really not. You use scientific thinking every day, even since you were little. All science is, is a method of testing things. Observe. Hypothesize. Test. Conclude. Retest. You come to enough conclusions and you can build a theory off of it. If, eventually, new evidence comes along to disprove that theory, it is discarded and anything built off of it can be discarded as well. You've done this on a smaller scale all your life. Babies do it. It's just a standardized method of measuring the natural world.

science cant explain quantum mechanics becase they can either find the velocity of a particle or the postion but not both.....
subatomic particles How does this mean it's failing?

to fully understand subtle energies and supraluminal(particles and waves beyond the speed of light) particles you have to be able to find the answer to the square root of 1

which is impossible

this is just one example where your medieval science ends Ok, this is just a wave of non sequiters. Funny you should call science "medieval" when astrology is precisely that. You realize the scientific knowledge we have today is vastly superior to what they knew in medieval times.

and there are people that have it all figured out.....and supress this knowledge Doubtful. Science isn't a religion or governmental body run by set authorities. It's all about researchers and peer review. If something gets shut out, it's because the majority of scientists thought it was ludicrous. While this has sometimes led to real discoveries being suppressed by prejudice, if something is truly there, it will eventually withstand testing and rise above preconcieved notions. You have this idea that if what you want to be true isn't supported it's because someone is covering it up. That's simply paranoia.

without ytping a book repoert i will just give examples

the tomb of the mayan lord pacal and the tomb of the pharoah tutankhuman This means nothing to me, you'll have to explain.

and i just want to make it clear...i am not a "new ager" Sadly, by associatint yourself with something like astrology you lend yourself to those stereotypes, but I apologize.

Quantum mechanics aside, I want to know from you how believe in "subtle energies" has proven any use in explaining the world. Can you create a vaccine for a disease using "subtle energies"? Can you find an alternative fuel source to end America's addiction to oil using "subtle energies"? My point is that the scientific method is the only way proven to transcend the illusions of subjective experience and actually establish some truths about the world and human nature. It's not a doctrine. It's malleable. It's built off of observations and testing. If something is false, it will eventually be corrected. Doctrines are not self-correcting.

STYLE
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
i'll pick up the baton from here. okay........

1st.
you asked how stars sand planets could affect someones character and personality.
so suny and i asked questions that led to the answer. celestial bodies do have an effect on earth. if they can affect things on earth, is it such a stretch to think that they could affect an embro/fetus during development?

2nd.
Quantum.
the position of an electron can never be predicted. NEVER. but it will be wherever you look for it at within its shell orbit. like if i hide a tennis ball in ur house, you have no idea where it is and have no way to infer where it is but wherever you look it will be there. under your bed, in the trashcan, in the cushions of the couch. in the oven. etc etc.

a subatomic particle acts as a wave until it is OBSERVED then it collapses into a particle.
the act of measuring or looking at and possibly thinking about a subatomic particle alters it.

two particles are allowed ro interact, they are each put on opposite sides of the galaxy, one particle is altered the other mimics the change INSTANTLY. faster than the speed of light, INSTANT. nothing movres faster than C. and what kind of bonds can span those distances.

these obsevavble phenom shit on every known "fact" that modern science has established and actually touch on philosophies and beliefs from the ancient world

LORD NOSE
03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
do the planets affect life on earth ?

Prolifical ENG
03-13-2008, 03:14 PM
The tides are also affected by the Sun's position too, however the Sun's affect on the tides is only around 1/2 of the moon's force. Therefore during a solar eclipse the tides would be amplified at opposite ends they cancel each other.

The best example of tides is Jupiter's planet Io. Before Voyager 2 even too photographs of it, the surface was predicted to have lava on it because of how close it is to Jupiter, its almost within its Roche limit which means the force would shred the planet and it would be part of Jupiter's rings. And it does indeed look like a pizza from the extreme tidal forces.

If Earth's moon had water on it, the tidal forces the Earth to the moon would have a constant violent storm.

One hypothesis is if all the Jovian planets lined up it would affect Earth's tides so much that Earth would shred. However not even Jupiter itself has an impact on Earth's tide. It would take like 50 Jupiters lined up to have a tidal effect.

LORD NOSE
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
The best example of tides is Jupiter's planet Io.

would you say that jupiter is a sun in the making ?

Prolifical ENG
03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
would you say that jupiter is a sun in the making ?

Thats a hard one. Some may say that Jupiter is a failed Sun.

Nevertheless it is an interesting planet. So to answer your earlier question Jupiter can affect life on Earth in indirect ways. Since it carries 99% of the solar systems angular momentum, all the planets orbiting would be very different without it.

If you question is what would happen if Jupiter just disappeared tomorrow.... who knows....Im not in an imaginative state of mind right now to think of funny possible outcomes

knewcheeze
03-18-2008, 09:55 AM
PEACE
om a scorpio

Astrology should be an introduction to Astromony

the position of the planets and stars influences the earth and if you don't think so eye think your pretty arrogant and problably don't believe in God or a supreme intelligence

eye started studying astrology last august but eye studied it on my own

1st eye basically did some serious thinking and meditation into what role the planets play in eye life

once eye did that eye did a birth chart and it was amazing how accurate it was in relation to what role eye gave each planet

for instance pluto is my planet of music/sound

and in the birthchart pluto is in libra with a north node and it just so happened that the most fruitfull musical relationship ever and my musical partner at the time was a libra....but that node threw a little something else in there...a lesson to be learned....

yeah astrology is deep son....not for those who don't get excited by the mysteries of life

LORD NOSE
03-18-2008, 05:20 PM
pluto the planet of Music ?

never heard of that one

BTTR KNG KOOL
03-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Famous Cancerians

Julius Caesar (July 12, 102 BC)
Emperor of Rome
Henry VIII (June 28, 1491)
King of England
Dr. John Dee (July 13, 1527)
English Mathematician, Inventor
Jean Jacques Rousseau (June 28, 1712)
French Romantic Philosopher
Helen Keller (June 27, 1880)
American Educator
Rose Kennedy (July 22, 1890)
American Matriarch
Duke of Windsor (June 23, 1894)
King of England
Ernest Hemingway (July 21, 1898)
American Author
George Orwell (June 25, 1903)
English Author
Pablo Neruda (July 12, 1904)
Chilean Nobel Poet, Ambassador
Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907)
Mexican Painter
Andrew Wyeth (July 12, 1917)
American Painter
John Glen (July 18, 1921)
American Astronaut, Senator
Pierre Cardin (July 7, 1922)
French Fashion Designer
Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1926)
South African Patriot, President
Bob Fosse (June 23, 1927)
American Dancer, Choreographer
H. Ross Perot (June 27, 1930)
American Billionaire, Presidential Candidate
His Holiness the Dalai Lama XIV (July 6, 1933)
Tibetan Spiritual Leader
Georgio Armani (July 11, 1934)
Italian Fashion Designer
Donald Sutherland (July 17, 1935)
Canadian Actor
Bill Cosby (July 12, 1937)
American Comedian, Actor
Harrison Ford (July 13, 1942)
American Actor
Sylvester Stallone (July 6, 1946)
American Actor
Tom Hanks (July 7, 1956)
American Actor
Lady Diana(July 1, 1961)
Princess of Wales
Tom Cruise (July 3, 1962)
American Actor

Hahahah, im in good company!

STYLE
03-19-2008, 02:29 AM
Famous Cancerians

Julius Caesar (July 12, 102 BC)
Emperor of Rome
Henry VIII (June 28, 1491)
King of England
Dr. John Dee (July 13, 1527)
English Mathematician, Inventor
Jean Jacques Rousseau (June 28, 1712)
French Romantic Philosopher
Helen Keller (June 27, 1880)
American Educator
Rose Kennedy (July 22, 1890)
American Matriarch
Duke of Windsor (June 23, 1894)
King of England
Ernest Hemingway (July 21, 1898)
American Author
George Orwell (June 25, 1903)
English Author
Pablo Neruda (July 12, 1904)
Chilean Nobel Poet, Ambassador
Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907)
Mexican Painter
Andrew Wyeth (July 12, 1917)
American Painter
John Glen (July 18, 1921)
American Astronaut, Senator
Pierre Cardin (July 7, 1922)
French Fashion Designer
Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1926)
South African Patriot, President
Bob Fosse (June 23, 1927)
American Dancer, Choreographer
H. Ross Perot (June 27, 1930)
American Billionaire, Presidential Candidate
His Holiness the Dalai Lama XIV (July 6, 1933)
Tibetan Spiritual Leader
Georgio Armani (July 11, 1934)
Italian Fashion Designer
Donald Sutherland (July 17, 1935)
Canadian Actor
Bill Cosby (July 12, 1937)
American Comedian, Actor
Harrison Ford (July 13, 1942)
American Actor
Sylvester Stallone (July 6, 1946)
American Actor
Tom Hanks (July 7, 1956)
American Actor
Lady Diana(July 1, 1961)
Princess of Wales
Tom Cruise (July 3, 1962)
American Actor

Hahahah, im in good company!

you forgot:
Stylemaster (July 16, 1976)
21st Century Renaissance Man

knewcheeze
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
yeah om sure you never heard of it

thats just where eye placed music
1st because om a scorpio
2nd because om a musical genious and music is my favorite shit so eye keep music far far far away so nobody can tamper with it
3rd because my music is going to bring alot of death and destruction to a whole lot of devils watch and see!!!!!!!

LORD NOSE
04-24-2008, 05:30 AM
http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/cancer.htm

Cancer The name derives from Latin, meaning literally, the crab. The ruler of the fourth sign of the zodiac is the Moon, the Crab, its symbol. The glyph is often seen as representing the breasts, indicating the area of the body ruled by Cancer. This is also seen as two crab claws, intertwined in a way which represents the dual nature of the Cancerian personality.
Personal Traits
The Cancerian character is the most perplexing of the signs. Cancerians can range from the timid, shy, dull and withdrawn to the brilliant, friendly and famous. Cancerians run the entire gamut of human emotion.
Cancerians possess strong paternal and maternal instincts. Fundamentally conservative and home-loving by nature, they appreciate the security of a home-base in which to retire when the stresses of life become too much to bear.

Cancerians have an unemotional demeanor, appearing uncompromising and obstinate. This is the facade they use to mask an insecure nature. Their intimates, however, may see a different character, one with sympathy and sensitivity to others.In their personal relationships they are a mixture of toughness and tenderness. Emotional, romantic and sentimental on one side, and tenaciously possessive and loyal on the other side. Even when they have affairs, their first loyalty is to their partner and family.

They are rather close minded and opinionated. They have a retentive memory, and rarely forgive slights and hurts. With a tendency toward chronic complaining, a Cancerian will never let you forget an error. They are driven by their emotional nature, and, in this respect, can be the best and the worst of friends.
The overall nature of Cancerians is deeply emotional. Although private and reserved, they possess sensitivity and sympathy. Rarely will a Cancer stand on pretense. What appears to be a front is nothing more than a protective shell. Within this tough armor often resides an intuitively compassionate individual yearning for a deep exchange of love and understanding.
http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/zodiac%20pics%5CAG_cancer.gif
Positive Traits
Cancerians are strongly influenced by childhood memories, and have a tendency to live in the past. Cancer is a tenacious, purposeful, energetic, shrewd and intuitive type. Sometimes wise, with a philosophical view on life. They are over-imaginative and prone to be a victim of fantasy. They have a flair for the dramatic, and may possess literary or artistic talent. They tend to absorb their environment and have a talent for mimicry.
Main positive traits: Nurturing, protective, traditional, sensitive, understanding, caring, intuitive, tenacious.
Negative Traits
The Cancerian can be sulky, devious, moody, and inclined to self-pity. They respond foremost to the urges and dictates of their feelings. One of the interesting contradictions in their nature is that they are prone to a sense of personal inferiority on one hand, and on the other they believe their views, opinions and behavior to be impeccable, and beyond question or criticism. By nature, very giving and selfless, they need to be aware of falling into the role of martyr in certain situations.
Main negative traits: Self pity, moody, clinging, manipulative, overly-emotional, insecure.
Profession Their abilities fit them for a range of careers. Always interested in what people are thinking, they have an intuitive sense that makes them good journalists, writers or politicians. They do well in the public sector, and may serve in anything from welfare and nursing to catering.
Their love of good living and comfort is personified in many excellent chefs and housekeepers. Cancer has a penchant for trade or business. Being superior organizers, with a sense of value and economics, they are often successful in industry. The Cancer's love of the past make some of them great history buffs, and others, astute antique and curio collectors. Other suitable vocations are real estate, and the service fields of gardening and caretaking. True to their native element, many Cancers are involved in marine activities.

STYLE
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
thats about right^^^

do you see it?

KERZO
04-24-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/165140/2/istockphoto_165140_zodiac_sign_aquarius.jpg

Aquarius - The Water Carrier
January 21 to February 19
(just made it in there)

http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/astrology/astrology_images/zodiac_symbols.gif

-----------------------------
Traditional Aquarian Traits
Friendly and humanitarian
Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Independent and intellectual

On the dark side....

Intractable and contrary
Perverse and unpredictable
Unemotional and detached

Aquarius explained...
Aquarians basically possess strong and attractive personalities. They fall into two principle types: one shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the other exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity. Both types are strong willed and forceful in their different ways and have strong convictions, though as they seek truth above all things, they are usually honest enough to change their opinions, however firmly held, if evidence comes to light which persuades them that they have been mistaken. They have a breadth of vision that brings diverse factors into a whole, and can see both sides of an argument without shilly-shallying as to which side to take. Consequently they are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view. This is because they can see the validity of the argument, even if they do not accept it themselves. They obey the Quaker exhortation to "Be open to truth, from whatever source it comes," and are prepared to learn from everyone.

Both types are humane, frank, serious minded, genial, refined, sometimes ethereal, and idealistic, though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality. They are quick, active and persevering without being self-assertive, and express themselves with reason, moderation and sometimes, a dry humor.
They are nearly always intelligent, concise, clear and logical. Many are strongly imaginative and psychically intuitive, so that the Age of Aquarius, which is about to begin, is much anticipated by psychic circles as an age in which mankind will experience a great spiritual awakening. The Aquarian philosophical and spiritual bent may be dangerous in that it can drive the subjects into an ivory-tower existence where they meditate on abstractions that bear little relevance to life. On the other hand it can help the many who have scientific leanings to combine these with the Aquarian yearning for the universal recognition of the brotherhood of man, and to embark on scientific research to fulfill their philanthropic ideals of benefiting mankind. When some cause or work of this nature inspires them, they are capable of such devotion to it that they may drive themselves to the point of exhaustion and even risk injuring their health.
Both types need to retire from the world at times and to become temporary loners. They appreciate opportunities for meditation or, if they are religious, of retreats. Even in company they are fiercely independent, refusing to follow the crowd. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms. Normally they have good taste in drama, music and art, and are also gifted in the arts, especially drama.

In spite of the often intensely magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the more extrovert kind of Aquarian, and of their desire to help humanity, neither type makes friends easily. They sometimes appear to condescend to others and take too little trouble to cultivate the acquaintance of people who do not particularly appeal to them.
They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted cold. But once they decide that someone is worthy of their friendship or love, they can exert an almost hypnotic and irresistible mental attraction on them and will themselves become tenacious friends or lovers, ready to sacrifice everything for their partners and be faithful to them for life. However, they are sometimes disappointed emotionally because their own high personal ideals cause them to demand more of others than is reasonable. And if they are deceived their anger is terrible. If disillusioned, they do not forgive.

Aquarians work best in group projects, provided that they are recognized as having a leading part in them. They have a feeling of unity with nature and a desire for knowledge and truth that makes them admirable scientists, especially astronomers and natural historians. They may excel in photography, radiography, electronics - anything connected with the electrical and radio industries - aviation and everything technical. On the arts and humanities side their progressive tendencies can be expressed in writing, especially poetry, and broadcasting, or as welfare workers and teachers. Some have gifts as entertainers and make good character actors (having an ability to mimic) and musicians. The more psychic among them possess healing gifts, especially in curing the mentally sick.
Among the faults to which they are liable are fanatical eccentricity, wayward egotism, excessive detachment and an inclination to retreat from life and society, and a tendency to be extremely dogmatic in their opinions. Aquarians can be a threat to all they survey or a great boon for humanity in general. Circumstances - for example, continuous opposition to a cause they hold dear - may cause the atrophy of the openness of mind that is one of the Aquarian's most attractive traits. They may express a lack of integrity in broken promises, secretiveness or cunning. Simmering anger and resentment, rudeness or, worse, a tense, threatening silence which may suddenly burst out in eruptions of extreme temper, these are all part of the negative side of the Aquarian. This can also reveal itself in a sustained hatred for enemies that is capable of enlarging itself into a misanthropy toward the whole of mankind.
Possible Health Concerns...

As Aquarius is said to govern the legs from knees to ankles and the circulation of blood, its natives are susceptible to ailments particularly in the legs and ankles, such as cramps, and are also liable to spasmodic and nervous complaints, as well as wind, catarrh, diarrhea, dropsy, goiter and delirium tremens - so that the avoidance of alcohol is important for those Aquarians who have a taste for it.

Fighting for Causes
Dreaming and Planning for the Future
Thinking of the Past
Good Companions
Having Fun

DISLIKES
Full of Air Promises
Excessive Loneliness
The Ordinary
Imitations
Idealistic

Some interesting facts about Aquarius:

http://www.the19thfloor.net/images/signs-aquarius.jpg

The symbol associated with the sign is the water bearer, it is symbolic of the Gods nourishing the earth with life giving energies. One of the first to be called the water bearer was the Greek God Zeus in mythology.

(Fermi note: This always confused me cos Aquarius is an Air sign but at least i now know why i love womans jugs sooooo much...:hooray:)

My ruling planet is URANUS
(fermi: HAHAHAHAHA, so my ass rules me))

http://www.spacetoday.org/images/SolSys/Uranus/UranusHubbleDiscoveries400x543.jpg

Mean distance from the Sun(AU) 19.218
Sidereal period of orbit(years) 84.01
Equatorial radius(km) 25559
Polar radius(km) 24973
Body rotation period(hours) 17.24
Tilt of equator to orbit(degrees) 97.92
Number of observed satellites 15
Some Famous Aquarians

January 20, 1859 - C. A. Lindburgh - Economist
January 23, 1899 - Humphrey Bogart - Actor (don't bogart my joint bitch)
January 25, 1759 - Robert Burns - Poet & fellow scot
January 27, 1766 - Wolfgang Mozart - Composer
February 7, 1812 - Charles Dickens - Writer
February 12, 1908 - Charles Darwin - Evolutionist

Tbh i havent even read all this shit, I don't have to cos I'm an aquarian so i knows my own self...just thought id post this up for some of you to read on if your really bored, have been bolted to your chair and your computer is only set up to see this one thread....word.

Prince Rai
04-24-2008, 01:17 PM
but thanks fermi, im aquarian "just about" and that was a truthful and pleasing read.

Prince Rai
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
and you know you read the whole thing, dont lie.

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
ima LEO

all i basically kno is that im an egoist, and real dominant..

anybody got the leo one??

Prince Rai
04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
ima LEO

all i basically kno is that im an egoist, and real dominant..

anybody got the leo one??

check yours here.

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 03:16 PM
iight, thanks ^

HANZO
04-24-2008, 03:22 PM
im usually one who aint into the stat sign stuff. but that stuff about cancer was somewhat accurate to how i am.

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
word to most of the leo stuff

what signs are compatible to it though, does anyone kno that?

MX1
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
im leo also
i been thinking lately horoscopes have some truth behind them
i dont believe in the newspaper shit, like "today try something new"

but i do believe how the universe aligns the time of our birth affects the attitudes of the people around us and then onto the character of ourselves

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
leo's got this shit on lock man ^^ when were u born?

MX1
04-24-2008, 10:47 PM
i was born august 8th
you?

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 10:58 PM
august 7th ^

MX1
04-24-2008, 11:00 PM
o alrite alrite lol this year its 8-8-8 for me, i heard that a nazi sign, like heil hitler or sumthing since H the 8th letter in the alphabet

Sgt Holly Wood
04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
lol ^

in supreme math thats "destroy and rebuild x3"

MX1
04-24-2008, 11:04 PM
lol my mom fucked that up for me

KERZO
04-25-2008, 04:08 AM
o alrite alrite lol this year its 8-8-8 for me, i heard that a nazi sign, like heil hitler or sumthing since H the 8th letter in the alphabet
lol ^

Yeah thats right steels, you could also state that 8-8-8 is 'Build>Destroy>Rebuild' too.

I'm actually gonna start a Supreme Maths & Alpha Thread in here...and drop some knowledge on these 85'ers...

KERZO
04-25-2008, 04:17 AM
I just read over the full sun-guide i put down for aquarius and it's pretty good.

heres a few things i picked up on -

'They have a breadth of vision that brings diverse factors into a whole, and can see both sides of an argument without shilly-shallying as to which side to take. Consequently they are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view. This is because they can see the validity of the argument, even if they do not accept it themselves.' - I see things that way.

'it can help the many who have scientific leanings to combine these with the Aquarian yearning for the universal recognition of the brotherhood of man' - Totally agreed, I've never felt racial hatred towards anyone as i base my opinions on how people act towards me, not by their skin colour. anyone who spits whitey shit are also dumb motherfuckers.

'They are nearly always intelligent, concise, clear and logical' - damn right!!

LORD NOSE
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
leo's got this shit on lock man

true - Leos are usually number 1 - they lead the pack and stay in the front
and if their egos stay in check, they can stay in the front

Black Man
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
lol ^

since when? you don't know what you're talking about. :nonono:

Black Man
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah thats right steels, you could also state that 8-8-8 is 'Build>Destroy>Rebuild' too.

I'm actually gonna start a Supreme Maths & Alpha Thread in here...and drop some knowledge on these 85'ers...

how are you going to drop knowledge on the 85% when you don't know yourself?

Sgt Holly Wood
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
since when? you don't know what you're talking about. :nonono:
since when doesnt it?

1=knowledge 2=wisdom 3= understanding 4= culture & freedom 5= power refinement 6=equality 7=god 8=DESTROY AND REBUILD 9=born 0=cypher

he was born on 8-8-8 hence its meaning destroy and rebuild x3

since u didnt even justify ur post but just threw a blatant "you dont kno what ur talking about" then it seems u actually dont kno what ur talking about

so if u feel or should i say KNOW the math isnt accurate justify why it isnt

Sgt Holly Wood
04-26-2008, 02:42 AM
true - Leos are usually number 1 - they lead the pack and stay in the front
and if their egos stay in check, they can stay in the front
word, yo u an astrologer or something man?

btw do u kno what signs leo is compatible and non compatible with

LORD NOSE
04-26-2008, 12:05 PM
word, yo u an astrologer or something man?

btw do u kno what signs leo is compatible and non compatible with

nah - just read a little bit about it

compatible signs are Sagittarius,aries,gemini,and libra

incompatible signs are scorpio,virgo,capricorn,pisces,taurus, and cancer

notice how all of the water signs are incompatible

all of the earth signs are in there too

fire and water don't mix

you are compatible with the air signs

air and fire - deadly mixture

Sgt Holly Wood
04-27-2008, 02:58 AM
oh word ^^

ive noticed that the sign i least get along with is capricorn

KERZO
04-27-2008, 08:33 AM
how are you going to drop knowledge on the 85% when you don't know yourself?

You don't need to be a master to drop knowledge son. Life's a constant class were the final test does'nt overvalue the journey.

Why don't you say something intellectual rather than casting a negative force over everyone else?

LORD NOSE
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Sun Signs

TheBoarzHeadBoy
12-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm a Libra and I have practically none of the traits. So it's a wash.

Diplomaitic and urbane - I'm rarely diplomatic and usually crude, I like to push buttons.
Romantic and charming - I'm romantic, but I'd say I'm more callous than charming.
Easygoing and sociable - I get extremely worked up about things and I like being alone...
Idealistic and peaceable - I'm cynical and I like to upset people.

Indecisive and changeable - Very true
Gullible and easily infuenced -Very untrue
Flirtatious and self-indulgent - I don't really flirt with people and I'm too miserable to be self-indulgent.

So that's 2/7.

I've looked through other ones. They all are ~2/7 unless I feel like deluding myself, which I don't. I seem to be a bit of a capricorn which is strange because that's nowhere near where I was born. It is however the time of year it is now...

Mumm Ra
12-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Who changes like a season?
Who holds fast and let's go without any reason??
Who cannot stick to any adhesion???
It is the Cancerian !!

The Cancerian character is the most perplexing of the signs. Cancerians can range from the timid, shy, dull and withdrawn to the brilliant, friendly and famous. Cancerians run the entire gamut of human emotion.

^^ all that is super accurate
the site sunny provided got me about half right

somethin like this:
The overall nature of Cancerians is deeply emotional.
couldn't get any more opposite from me tho

my element is water and lucky number 7 which is dope

Face of the Golden Falcon
12-30-2010, 04:13 AM
The website provided on the first page has the dates of the tropical calander. The tropical calander doesn't take into consideration the precession of the equinoxes. If there are inaccuracies in the descriptions this may be the reason. Many people are not the sign they think they are.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/taui/2009/10/28/there-is-an-80-chance-that-your-sun-sign-is-wrong

HETEPU

TheBoarzHeadBoy
12-30-2010, 10:46 AM
The website provided on the first page has the dates of the tropical calander. The tropical calander doesn't take into consideration the precession of the equinoxes. If there are inaccuracies in the descriptions this may be the reason. Many people are not the sign they think they are.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/taui/2009/10/28/there-is-an-80-chance-that-your-sun-sign-is-wrong

HETEPU

So apparently I'm a Virgo?

Its dead on. :( from my goal of self perfection to my bad nerves, mild hypochondria, and liking warm yellow earth tones for paint... (Which is the color of every room I like in my house)

Damn you Golden Faced Falcon God!

:p

pro.Graveface
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM

HETEPU
I see simularitys in my astrojointz and my life and I had a birth agenda which came out equal in most pointz, but this is krazy yo and what does hetepu mean ? and what belief system are U on?
sorry jus mad interested,
PEACE

Fatal Guillotine
12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Libra

Libra is the seventh sign of the zodiac and is ruled by the planet Venus which rules the natural seventh house. When a planet or house cusp contains Libra, it will show where one will strive for harmony, creativity and balance as indicated in the natal chart.

Its glyph represents the balance of the scales. Its meaning is equilibrium and justice. It is considered to be the sign of cosmic reciprocity, of cooperation rather than competition.

Personal Traits

The basic Libran nature is diplomatic and charming. Libras have an idealistic and generally peace loving nature. They are easygoing and sociable. Librans are considered by many astrologers to be among the most civilized of the twelve signs. Often good looking, they exude certain elegance, charm and fine taste.

As lovers of beauty and harmony, both in art and life, their nature is gentle and kind. Pleasure oriented people, Libras are intuitive and very aware of the power of image. They are happiest when socializing, and at the top of their social strata. You will find many Librans in local organizations volunteering their time and services and rising to a position of prominence. They are fence sitters and will not take a stand on an issue, but prefer the middle of the road, until they are forced to choose. They make good diplomats .

They are known to be objective and impartial in making judgment calls. They are more interested in making friends than enemies, and are willing to go along with others and do whatever it takes to maintain a relationship.

Very sociable, they abhor cruel or vicious actions, and shy away from vulgar and offensive behavior. They prefer to cooperate and compromise, and will give up, even when they feel they are in the right, rather than put up with the ordeal of an argument. Discord makes them totally insecure, and uncomfortable. They need and want harmony in their lives, and will do whatever it takes to have it.

Positive Traits

T hey are gifted with a strong sense of justice and fair play, and have fine analytical abilities. Librans are sensitive to others and understand the emotional needs of their associates.

They are optimistic and cheerful people and have an ability to charm and delight their friends and acquaintances. Librans are not loners, and do better in partnership both in their personal, and in their business life.

Main positive traits: Romantic, cooperative, gracious, sociable, tactful, diplomatic.

Fatal Guillotine
12-31-2010, 04:44 PM
some of the traits above fit me to a T, but others dont, for example it says that most libras are social but im more observant and soft-spoken

Urban_Journalz
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Sunny, do you think that a person's traits are exactly who they are? Or do you think it's more a thing of what your weaknesses and strengths are and a way of mapping out what to keep and not to keep?

pro.Graveface
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
PEACE lord sorry for answerin, a wise man dominates his starz and planetz, it should make 1 aware on the strength and weak pointz of the mind/ego

Urban_Journalz
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
PEACE lord sorry for answerin, a wise man dominates his starz and planetz, it should make 1 aware on the strength and weak pointz of the mind/ego

True indeed. Being a Leo, it's difficult sometimes to temper the natural ego that goes with being related to the center of our solar system. Still, it's always best to do so, no matter your sign.

LORD NOSE
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Sunny, do you think that a person's traits are exactly who they are? Or do you think it's more a thing of what your weaknesses and strengths are and a way of mapping out what to keep and not to keep?

people pick up habits and ways - the positions of the planets during the time of conception/ birth must influence that person - the people that bring that person into this world also influenced that person - where on the planet you were born matters - and what you pick up through life -

DeeBlock
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Taurus is on point.

DeeBlock
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
- the people that bring that person into this world also influenced that person

From the time I was a child, I've been told what my traits were based on that astrological thing, told what my favorite colour was and stuff. I was molded. But would I be that way without being told it?

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
From the time I was a child, I've been told what my traits were based on that astrological thing, told what my favorite colour was and stuff. I was molded. But would I be that way without being told it?

It doesn't matter what could have been. What could have been never was and never was going to be.

Sun signs are like any sign. We don't have these traits because of the sign, just like there aren't corners on a road because a sign tells you there are. The signs simply tell you the corners are there. What you do with that information is up to you.

The universe was psychedelically (in the etymological sense of the word) created for us, by us. There are signs to let us know what we are going to encounter along the way. Numerology, palmistry, oracles, sun signs, etc.

HETEPU

DeeBlock
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter what could have been. What could have been never was and never was going to be.

Thanks for reminding me.

^O^

LORD NOSE
01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
TcDrZDmYcfk

Fatal Guillotine
01-15-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/image/ophiuchus.JPG

The Thirteenth Astrological Star Sign

Ophiuchus (pronounced off-ee-YOO-cuss) represents a man with a snake coiled around his waist. He holds the head of the snake in his left hand and its tail in his right hand. The snake is represented by the constellation Serpens.

http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/ophiuchus.htm

The Zodiac

The 12 “star signs” the astrologers use are the constellations that fall on the ecliptic, otherwise referred to as the zodiac. The ecliptic is merely the path the sun seems to follow as the earth revolves around it. So, if on a certain date you looked at the sun, the current “star sign” would be the constellation directly behind the Sun.

Star Sign (Constellation).............Date
Sagittarius........................Nov 22 Dec 21
Capricornus.......................Dec 22 Jan 19
Aquarius...........................Jan 20 Feb 18
Pisces..............................Feb 19 Mar 20
Aries................................Mar 21 Apr 19
Taurus.............................Apr 20 May 20
Gemini..............................May 21 Jun 21
Cancer.............................Jun 22 Jul 22
Leo..................................Jul 23 Aug 22
Virgo................................Aug 23 Sep 22
Libra................................Sep 23 Oct 22
Scorpius...........................Oct 23 Nov 21

The zodiac is “A belt on the celestial sphere, about 8° either side of the ecliptic, which forms the background for the motions of the Sun, Moon, and planets.” The ecliptic passes through more than 12 constellations, it passes through 13, the thirteenth being Ophiuchus. Why do the astrologers ignore poor old Ophiuchus? Probably because it is not a particularly bright constellation. But that does not change the fact that the ecliptic passes through 13 constellations, not 12.

Star Sign (Constellation)..............Date
Sagittarius.........................Dec 18 Jan 18
Capricornus........................Jan 19 Feb 15
Aquarius............................Feb 16 Mar 11
Pisces...............................Mar 12 Apr 18
Aries.................................Apr 19 May 13
Taurus..............................May 14 Jun 19
Gemini...............................Jun 20 Jul 20
Cancer..............................Jul 21 Aug 09
Leo...................................Aug 10 Sep 15
Virgo.................................Sep 16 Oct 30
Libra.................................Oct 31 Nov 22
Scorpius............................Nov 23 Nov 29
Ophiuchus..........................Nov 30 Dec 17

http://www.aqua.co.za/assa_jhb/Canopus/c979zodi.htm

http://www.big.com.au/fallen/ophiciana.jpg

The solar year has a little more than 364 days. The lunar month has just over 29 days. To reconcile these awkward figures the ancient astronomers devised a calendar of thirteen equal months, each of 28 days or four equal weeks. This calendar is all but regular, with the full moon falling one day and one hour later each month, and with only a small correction to be made at the end of the year.
The lunar months (or 'moon ths'), were represented in the skies by the constellations of the zodiac; and on the ground by a circle of trees in the sacred grove. Twelve of the signs of the zodiac are familiar to us from the astrology columns in the daily newspapers, but what happened to the thirteenth, and what was its symbol? This question can be answered by consulting the works of the ancient astronomers. Ptolemy of Alexandria gives the name of the constellation, and also the bearing and magnitude of the stars which form it. The constellation was called Ophicius (in Greek) and Serpentarius (in Latin). Both names mean 'snake-holder', and refer to the pythoness, the high priestess of the goddess temples. The symbol of this sign, a bare-breasted woman holding snakes, occurred in the Sumerian; Minoan, and other cultures of the Archaic period. Thus the missing month, the month that we disrupted an orderly calendar to avoid, was the month of the Goddess

Less familiar is the forgotten thirteenth sign, which lies "betwixt" them, Ophicius, the Snake-Holder, the symbol of which was a goddess or priestess brandishing two snakes, and which connoted the most important new moon in the goddess' lunar calendar. Milton, who also wrote the Book of Common Prayer used by Protestant congregations, has told us here in cryptic form that he was mindful that the Christian Satan (aka the Devil), was a new name given to an older but unmentionable deity, the goddess.

http://www.big.com.au/fallen/thirteen.html

Ophiuchus (IPA: [ˌoʊfiˈjukəs]), formerly referred to as Serpentarius (IPA: [ˌsɚpənˈtʰeɹiəs]), the former originating in the Greek language and the latter in the Latin language, both meaning "serpent-holder,"…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

More here...http://www.crystalinks.com/ophiuchus.html

THE WORD OBEAH

Now, while it is true that the ORIGIN of the word is indeed obscured and clouded in secrecy, it is primarily because Obeah, as implied above, is in itself clouded in secrecy --- being the remnant of a once very powerful and celebrated SECRET religious Order lost in the mist of time. Even so, slowly over the years clues have surfaced that indicate THAT particular secret religious Order emanated from a certain general geographical area. Those clues, few in number that they may be, strongly point to the fact that the Order originated in or around an area where the Egyptian language was either born, dominant, or used by the priests or religious class --- much as Latin is used by certain religious orders today --- with the power and knowledge of Obeah maintained and rising from the underground ashes of that dispersed Order over the centuries. Considering such a background, it is very probable the etymology of the word sprang from the Egyptian word Ob or Aub, meaning "serpent." Oph is a winged serpent or dragon; and Ab means wisdom/understanding, and together means "Serpent of Wisdom" or "Serpent of Knowledge." To this day Obion is still the Egyptian name for a serpent.....

Moses, who escaped with his people out of Egypt with the full might of the Pharaoh's army hot on their heels all the way to the Red Sea --- where the army reportedly then drowned --- forbade in the name of God, the Israelites even to enquire about the demon Ob, which is translated in the first testament as a necromancer, wizard, or Diviner. In today's world the various translations are wide enough to encompass the type shaman-sorcerer that the infamous Yaqui Indian Don Juan Matus apprenticed under, a Diablero, a new-world tribal spiritual elder known to embody a sense of evilness and the ability to shapeshift. Moses himself carries a great deal of importance in all those translations, including right up to this day with Obeah. Even though Moses forbade enquiry into Ob amongst his people, he is seen as the ultimate snake-charmer and among the greatest of magicians. When Moses doubted he was really hearing the voice of God, he was asked what he was holding in his hand. When he replied that he was holding a rod, he is commanded to throw it to the ground. When he does, the rod becomes a serpent. When he picks it up it becomes a rod again. Later, under the direction of Moses, when Aaron throws his rod down before Pharaoh, it becomes a snake as well.(Exodus 7:1-16).....

Throughout the ancient world, the Middle East and Egypt, because of the brilliantly clear desert night skys, the stars and the constellations carried deep significance, both for the wandering tribes such as those following Moses and the great civilizations and city-states such as Babylonia, Sumeria, and Egypt. Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer is one of those desert-sky constellations. Most people pretty much know what the Zodiac is --- the constellations on the plane of the ecliptic through which the sun passes in the course of a year --- and what their "Sun Sign" is in relation to the Zodiac (i.e., Sagittarius, Taurus, etc.). What most people don't know is that there are actually thirteen Sun Signs, NOT twelve. According to the official modern constellation boundaries that astronomers use today, the sun passes through thirteen constellations, not twelve. The Greeks chose to remove one of the original thirteen constellations from the Zodiac in order to accomplish their desire to have each sign rule for an even 30º of sky, so they selected Ophiuchus to be eliminated. It can only be because of his origins in Egypt as one of their most powerful dieties, on par with Osiris and Thoth, all of whom answered only to Ra. Mysteriously enough, just like Obeah is secret, hidden, and unknown, the "thirteenth constellation" of the Zodiac, Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer is secret, hidden, and unknown. About one person in twenty is an "Ophiuchus," and they don't even know it.....

The peoples of ancient times (most typically the Pythagoreans, but others as well) had a legend that a kind of Light, described as a "living fire," flowed through all living things. Guarding this Flame was the serpent Ophioneus, very similar in respects to his nearly same namesake Ophiuchus. He was said to lay coiled in the Waters of Life. If anyone obstructed or hindered the Light of the Flame, Ophioneus would rise out of the water like a monster and consume them. The Greek philosopher Pherecydes (circa 600-550 BC) wrote a great deal about Ophioneus, having obtained the doctrines from the Phoenicians, also known as Ophites (Greece was first colonized by Ophites, serpent worshippers from both Egypt and Phoenicia). The Ophites venerated a serpent by the deity-title Ab, sometimes rendered Ob and Ob Aur, meaning Father --- as in the procreator of All. They also had the watery serpent Leviathan or Thiavat, which is same as Ophioneus. All of this ties into Abaddon that appears in Revelations as the Angel of the Abyss. It is unclear if the forces of the Abyss are fully good or evil in any way. The Obic forces that guard the Light and keep it flowing apparently take it by whatever means necessary and return it back to where it belongs when a person fails to let it flow or obstructs it....

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening101/obeah2.html

Ophiuchus in the Arts
Today a cult of followers of all ages have kept him immortal so that we could look back on him today and see an image of Ophiuchus the Serpent Holder as he might have appeared during the ...

http://www.startistics.com/astronomology/oph/ophinart.htm

ASCLEPIUS : Greek god of medicine & doctors ; mythology ; pictures ...
Asklepios was afterwards placed amongst the stars as the Constellation Ophiuchus (the Serpent Bearer ... CULT OF ASKLEPIOS. See the Cult of Asklepios page ...
http://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/Asklepios.html

Ophiuchus or Serpentarius
Myth and history: Ophiuchus Serpentarius , is Ofiuco with the Italians, Schlangentrager (Snake Bearer ... Mar 26th 1997 The bodies of 39 members of the Heaven's Gate techno-religious cult who'd ...
http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Ophiuchus.html

Ophiuchus Constellation
... that the constellation represents Asclepius or Aesculapius, the healer of Greek myth whose cult was closely associated with serpents. This identification is by no means certain. Stars: Ophiuchus is a ...
http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Ophiuchus.html

eSky: Ophiuchus
The group of stars has been known by the name Ophiuchus for two thousand years or more. ... that the constellation represents Asclepius or Aesculapius, the healer of Greek myth whose cult ...http://www.glyphweb.com/esky/constellations/ophiuchus.html

Fatal Guillotine
01-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Ophiuchus is one of the 88 known constellations and was also one of the 48 listed by Ptolemy. It is a large constellation located around the celestial equator between Aquila, Serpens and Hercules, northwest of the center of the Milky Way. The southern part lies between Scorpius to the west and Sagittarius to the east. Of the 13 zodiacal constellations (constellations that contain the Sun during the course of the year), Ophiuchus is the only one not counted as an astrological sign.

In connecting the astrological 'dots', remember all that you've read here about the Eye of the Milky Way Galaxy, 2012 and the Ouroboros. Ouroboros is an ancient alchemy symbol depicting a snake or dragon [DNA] swallowing its own tail, constantly creating itself and forming a circle. It is the Wheel of Time - The Alchemy Wheel - 12 Around 1 to manifest grid programs that give the illusion of linear time allowing souls to experience emotions.

http://www.crystalinks.com/lostbookofnostradamus.html

jF0CHi1RXX0&feature=player_embedded