PDA

View Full Version : there aint many MCs that can fuck with a good DMX

pussy-with-teeth
08-06-2005, 07:30 PM
man i saw the video for "slippin"..that made me think about the dude and how great he was back then...i bumbed his "its dark and....." album..shit is classic...the song where speaks to god is sick and that song were he used the phill collins hook, no doubt great music right there..i can def feel his pain...to bad that hes ova..cuz i also listend to his last album and thats some straight bullshit right there..only good song was "the rain", well this is classic but the rest sucks....maye his new album gonna be better....missing him

GhostfaceKillah199
08-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah It's Dark and Hell Is Hot is great. What I love about X is that I enjoy him no matter what. When he's deeper in thought and gives more effort like he was a lot in his first 3 albums he's tight, and even when he's slackin off lyrically he still entertains me with his menacing shit talking. much love to darkman x. it's not a fuckin game. peace

triggahappy187
08-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Main even todays DMX u cant hate on his style is the same as it has always been. Sure his first albums were bomb as hell but even his latest effort was the shit Grand champ was sick as hell he had "Shot down" a joint wif 50 cent an jadakiss on it go figure theyd be beefin.

Papers
08-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I agree DMX was dope when he came out. Dont know what the hell happened to him.

"Its dark and hell is hot" is insane, the song where he talks about rapein that guys daughter in front of him and how he balances that side with his religious side. Just a strange individual.

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 07:11 AM
i think "and then there was X" was his falldown..i mean the only songs up there that can fuck with his older stuff is "angle"....the rest aint all that...party up is nice in the clubs but usually skip it at home...that song with siqou is for faggots man

sam stoepee
08-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I never liked x in the first place. Never felt his style at all.

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 08:11 AM
ok...u wont get crushed for ya honest opinion just like it happens most of the times on this board

PolitiC
08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
im not feeling new x but i fuck with older shit no doupt...i hear he didnt wanna make this new album but def jam forced him

MantiZ
08-07-2005, 08:38 AM
i like whole "it's dark and hell is hot", whole "Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood", half of "And then there was x", half of "Great depression" and 1% of "grand champ". grand champ is straight wack.

oldie
08-07-2005, 09:33 AM
i heard grand champ was his last album. i had that album, cnt rememba wot happened to it. i got "its dark and hells hot" downloaded - its a nice album. sum day i will have all X's albums, like i said that wiv redman and i do now.

dns
08-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Flesh of My Flesh Blood (My Nigga, Ain't Now Way, Slippin, Dogs for Life, Ready To Meet Him)great followed up. And then There Was X good third album. But, no one can ever denied the rawness of It's Dark And Hell Is Hot. X was like a demon on each track, tearing the beats to shred. X energy on his debut reminded me of Nas "Illmatic", Pac "Makaveli", and Wu "36 Chambers". You could hear/feel the hunger in them. I remeber having Let Me Fly on repeat for days.

TravelingMan7
08-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Main even todays DMX u cant hate on his style is the same as it has always been. Sure his first albums were bomb as hell but even his latest effort was the shit Grand champ was sick as hell he had "Shot down" a joint wif 50 cent an jadakiss on it go figure theyd be beefin.

That was STYLES P on "SHOT DOWN".....
JADAKISS is on a track called"WE'RE BACK"f/EVE
I agree he has the same style....so if u hated him from the door,ur still gonna hate him!!!

I heard he had a talk with PASTOR MASE,giving him advice to return to rapping..and telling him he should "unretire"himself!

I guess he did.............P.E.A.C.E