PDA

View Full Version : check out these sick Dipset lines...

ballistic
08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
from an SOHH thread:

dipset lines (http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612944&page=4&pp=15)

Create
08-06-2005, 09:44 PM
that was awfull

ballistic
08-06-2005, 11:03 PM
because of the subject material? granted, but the wit that they twist the normally mundane material with is admirable...JR writer should be commended, on some level. these guys are funny, and at times even self-depricating. they're just fun...and the guilty pleasure of "hip hop with substance" devotees as myself.

heres a link to the first page, more stuff on there:

1st page (http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612944&page=1&pp=15)

maestro wooz
08-07-2005, 12:12 AM
http://www.harlemlive.org/arts-culture/music/dipset/DIPLOMATS3-10.5.jpg

triggahappy187
08-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Come on Cam is retarded now he need to go back to killa cam an hook back up wif murda mase get back to their roots when they was rockin wif cardan an big L

faderlaceratah
08-07-2005, 10:03 AM
dipset is trash.

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
funny does not equal skill so maybe Afroman is nice? hes funny too

snapple
08-07-2005, 11:20 AM
you eather get it or you don't

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 11:26 AM
That shit is whack they cant even say a punchline right

ballistic
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
funny does not equal skill so maybe Afroman is nice? hes funny too

...and so was ODB. (RIP)

no..you have to recognize they're clever...i'm not at all saying they're on the same level of the Clan, or Nas or something like that...but its refreshing to hear these guys. there's a difference between being funny and being funny and witty. dipset is the latter...i love philosophical, esoteric, spiritual, linguistic hip hop as much as the next poster on here, but whats wrong with taking a 45-minute hiatus from all that once in awhile? read some of those quotes and see if you dont at least crack a smile momentarily...

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
they are < to punch line rappers which you all hate so much on this site lol yet yall make an excuse for them. those lines are nothing more than decent and some are trash.

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 05:49 PM
lol at that tooti frooti whoopi shit....but honesly, cams latest album wasnt that bad...

P3T3R BARK3R
08-07-2005, 05:51 PM
in most songs dipset talk about garbage but they do it in a hot way. their skills are great in my opinion.

but i can't listen to that crab all the time
;)

Bedlam
08-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Just the name of this thread made me laugh, sick dipset lines....

snapple
08-07-2005, 06:33 PM
too much hate in this thread

Butter
08-07-2005, 06:37 PM
yes, those dipset lines were awful.

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 06:52 PM
too much hate in this thread
no too much sense in this thread and too many ppl who dont know much ppl like u. lol dipset lmao

ballistic
08-07-2005, 11:22 PM
lol @ liking dipset means you dont know much.

some of yall wu fans are pretty pretentious...wu-tang is all about having an open mind, and ironically most of the fans don't.

i guess because dipset is semi-popular and they dont talk about slinging swords and they supposedly stick to the same formula as most industry rappers, that is equivocal to being reprehensible music. i can understand if its not your taste, but dont put something down if you havent hardly listened to it or because you dont like it. thats a bit egotistical...

but if it just isnt your taste, cool.
*D

THE W
08-07-2005, 11:31 PM
that was just plain wack

Definitive X
08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Certain people on this forum should be hanged...

Shot...

Beheaded...

Drawn and quartered...

And castrated...

Not in that order, though.

check two
08-07-2005, 11:45 PM
in most songs dipset talk about garbage but they do it in a hot way. their skills are great in my opinion.

but i can't listen to that crab all the time
;)

That's a lot of contradicition to me. lol

Ballistic, couldn't you have just put that link in one of the other 50 Dipset threads though?

adedwutang
08-08-2005, 12:05 AM
dipsets got some funny shit and they try to get deep but thats just not workin for them, they shuld just stick to the simple,nasty,stupid funny rhymes they known for,nothin more

ballistic
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
dipsets got some funny shit and they try to get deep but thats just not workin for them, they shuld just stick to the simple,nasty,stupid funny rhymes they known for,nothin more

exactly, they're good for what they are. lol at half the people freaking out in here...

check 2, i didnt feel like becoming engrossed in that thread, so i just left it alone...

Bone Collecta
08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
lol @ liking dipset means you dont know much.

some of yall wu fans are pretty pretentious...wu-tang is all about having an open mind, and ironically most of the fans don't.

i guess because dipset is semi-popular and they dont talk about slinging swords and they supposedly stick to the same formula as most industry rappers, that is equivocal to being reprehensible music. i can understand if its not your taste, but dont put something down if you havent hardly listened to it or because you dont like it. thats a bit egotistical...

but if it just isnt your taste, cool.
*D
No they are wack for other reasons too. they are no where close to nice. Dipset is on the level of j-kwon and Chingy in skill

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
i find it funny how bone collecta always reaches for a arguement

The Diplomats have nice production, shitty flows and kindergarden lyrics, to match their kindergarden topics......but it's entertaining how they do it. I give them more credit than they get from ya'll, but they still ain't "great". Just ok.

And I stand by that Cam'Ron is pure shit and is/was nothing without Big L (RIP)

ballistic
08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
No they are wack for other reasons too. they are no where close to nice. Dipset is on the level of j-kwon and Chingy in skill

never heard those two flip any kind of word play, and i dont think you've ever listened to dipset, but ok, its not a big deal really...

i agree with you Sun Tzu, i think...though i cant say there is anything wrong with their flows. i also like Camron...i found myself enjoying most of Purple Haze. he's a poor man's, poverty-stricken Ghostface Killah, in my opinion...that track him and Kanye made was nice.

Bone Collecta
08-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I have listened to Dipset i cant stand that bullshit all they have is beats. THAT THEY DIDNT MAKE. lol word play my ass LMAO get the fuck outta here with that hokey dokey slow pokey shit is word play?

ballistic
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I have listened to Dipset i cant stand that bullshit all they have is beats. THAT THEY DIDNT MAKE. lol word play my ass LMAO get the fuck outta here with that hokey dokey slow pokey shit is word play?

um, ok...lol...

i think you missed my point from the first post...these guys are comic relief, and they dont make themselves out to be any greater than they are. their best merit is that they don't take themselves seriously, which is why they make for a good listen once in awhile. and some of the stuff JR writer says i do call word play...i guess that makes me less of a hip hop fan? is my license for listening to wu-tang going to be revoked now?

"the game's barbershop, where you get your lines from" ... "got more fiends coming after E than the letter F"

that kind of stuff makes me laugh...if Ghost or Rae said that, half the users in here would have it in their sig.

U-Samurai
08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
i park the whip in a tow-away zone, dont matter that car was a throw away homes

"Cash in the sweatsocks, check the sweat pockets, got a knot in there the size of an Xbox"

ITS NOT THE GREATEST SHIT I EVER HEARD BUT ITS ALOT BETTER THAT LISTEING TO BABY OR TRICK DADDY MUMBLE AND SHIT. IM NOT EVEN GONNA HATE

frosted592
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
are those guy serious when they say, and i'm quoting, "Anyone who sees these lines and say Dip set is wack is just hating" ????

Bone Collecta
08-08-2005, 11:56 PM
um, ok...lol...

i think you missed my point from the first post...these guys are comic relief, and they dont make themselves out to be any greater than they are. their best merit is that they don't take themselves seriously, which is why they make for a good listen once in awhile. and some of the stuff JR writer says i do call word play...i guess that makes me less of a hip hop fan? is my license for listening to wu-tang going to be revoked now?

"the game's barbershop, where you get your lines from" ... "got more fiends coming after E than the letter F"

that kind of stuff makes me laugh...if Ghost or Rae said that, half the users in here would have it in their sig.
those are punchlines and metaphors so basically that makes them on the level of Cassidy lol figures most of NY ppl are in love wit that bullshit. good punchlines dont make u shit.

maestro wooz
08-09-2005, 12:55 AM
"Cash in the sweatsocks, check the sweat pockets, got a knot in there the size of an Xbox"

ahahahahahaha i love that line, its one of my favorite lines from a freestyle ever

ballistic
08-09-2005, 07:34 PM
those are punchlines and metaphors so basically that makes them on the level of Cassidy lol figures most of NY ppl are in love wit that bullshit. good punchlines dont make u shit.

yeah, and cassidy isnt bad either....a good punch line MC is humorous, albeit one-dimensional...i'm not trying to portray these guys as anything more than they are. obviously you're not into listening to strictly punchline rappers, so we have a natural divide in taste.