PDA

View Full Version : "War Report" vs. "Hell On Earth"

claaa7
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Which Queensbridge duo dropped the hottest album, C-N-N or Mobb Deep? Both released around the same time and both should be considered classic street-albums by now!

Reiko
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Hell On Earth i think but I love war report too both got in my collection :)

claaa7
12-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I voted "The War Report" although I do love both albums but I think Hell On Earth is a bit more one-dimensional than WR.

Edgar Erebus
12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Hell on Earth. I think mainly because of the mafia shit. War Report is dope though, too bad Capone ain't on this some more.

claaa7
12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Hell on Earth. I think mainly because of the mafia shit. War Report is dope though, too bad Capone ain't on this some more.

yeah true but it would have been even doper if Tragedy was on every track (he actually appeared as much as Capone). But Trag burned everyone he rhymed together with (just check how he murdered LA LA)!

J.T.S.
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
This is a hard one man damn but "Hell On Earth" is a flawless album, and Havoc's beats were amazing! And P's verses were hard hitting!

SolDieR2k
12-12-2007, 11:12 AM
hell on earth hands down

bloodyhookz
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
these 2 albums are too heavy to decide on, I went with the War Report only 'cause The Infamous album would of been my choice instead of Hell on Earth, and the War Report is heavy top to bottom

sarr
12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
wow...this is fuckin hard to pick

i went with war report though

two hardcore classics though...kinda similar but war report had more personality in it though

Dragondude_R
12-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Two classics, went with HoE though.

PoisonousDarT36
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Hell on Earth is one of the best albums ever made, the War Report isn't classic...come on, P in his prime and Havoc on top of his game versus Capone and Noreaga? Hell on Earth had some of the best beats ever, and just check out P's verses on Apostle's Warning, and his second verse on Hell on Earth is one of the best ever. This is not even close.

sarr
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
^
kidding me? its not even close?!
war report is a classic no matter what you or i say
check out Noreaga's verse on T.O.N.Y. and blood money and halfway thugs
they are comparable to Prodigy's verses (i admit nothing can touch P's verse on Apostles Warning though)
war report was abit more diverse, and it had a theme
i think they are about even, maybe war report by a touch is better in my oppinion

PoisonousDarT36
12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
here's nore's verse from tony:

Yo niggas tried to shit on me and make history, supposedly
I was the man who was supposed to be
the head of the click
lip sealed, no nigga snitch
do or die, I smoke bogey, sword like shinobi
shoot up your block and make you know me
you aint ready yet, slow down and recollect
stay in the car, I stuff Allah bodyset
ay yo Allah-u-Akbar, look paw, now I'm set
air conditioned cooler system, yo, the tec glisten
on a mission, shoot your back out position
found missing, 2-5 deep in prison
kid listen, die on the cross like a Christian
so fuck you, plus your weak religion
in disguise, nowdays I cut prize
the invincible, untouchable CNN
is boldfaced, written in gold with ink pen
channel 10, we break ten, win again
kid you on pluto, homo'd out just like menudo
far from the sun, cant feel the shit that I do
I stand in front the Judge about to lie, plus I'm high too

every verse on hell on earth from prodigy and most from havoc is better than this...it's a bunch of nonsense really. the best thing about the war report is the production, hands down. noreaga was never a good rapper and his lyrics are usually ass. few uncreative murder raps (p was way better at this) and a bunch of shit thrown together that means absolutely nothing is nore's forte. i enjoy the war report, but comparing it to hell on earth in terms of lyrics and overall emcee skills (prodigy vs nore, havoc vs capone), hell on earth comes out way ahead. Not to mention, P's '96 flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>nore's flow at any time.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-12-2007, 09:11 PM
P verses ON HOE were better than any verses on any other album in the 90s. FACT BITCH

Sleep Sinatra
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
DAMN THIS WAS HARD, i bump both almost daily two of the most influential groups 2 me as an MC , i went wit hell on earth tho becuase honestly this was mobb at it's finest

sarr
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
that TONY verse was sick..dont care what you say. Better than any of Havocs rhymes on HOE
and you havent mentioned tragedy's lyrics on that album...he was part of it as much as capone.

Tragedy's verses on LA LA is better than any of havocs verses and on par with Prodigy's

PoisonousDarT36
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
that TONY verse was sick..dont care what you say. Better than any of Havocs rhymes on HOE
and you havent mentioned tragedy's lyrics on that album...he was part of it as much as capone.

Tragedy's verses on LA LA is better than any of havocs verses and on par with Prodigy's

every havoc verse on the entire album is better than nore's garbage verse on tony...if you said bloody money you might have a point. and tragedy khadafi is good but he's not near prodigy's level at all. prodigy's flow was insane back in 96, one of the best ever

LORD ZERO
12-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Both Albums Were Equally Hard As Fuck!....but On Da Replay Value, Gotta Go W/ Hell On Earth

GENERAL WISE
12-13-2007, 03:06 AM
hell on earth hands down

sarr
12-13-2007, 03:16 AM
war report had more personality i fekt

like even the skits, the way they told you capone was going back to jail, and how they struggled and hustled to make the album

every song tells a story about the making of the LP itself. Where i think with Hell on earth, it was just a classic album with great songs, but told no story

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 03:34 AM
war report had more personality i fekt

like even the skits, the way they told you capone was going back to jail, and how they struggled and hustled to make the album

every song tells a story about the making of the LP itself. Where i think with Hell on earth, it was just a classic album with great songs, but told no story

yeah but the same can be said about american gangster. every song tells a story on that, except the bonus tracks. but that still isn't as good as hell on earth. it's true that there are a ton of storytelling songs on the war report, but it's not really executed well imo, like life after death, or it was written. the lyrics aren't exactly brilliant with their imagery, like somebody's gotta die from lad or the message from iww

some of the beats on hell on earth are just too amazing...god pt 3, nighttime vultures, man down, hell on earth, pretty much every beat. one of the best produced albums ever imo...havoc is too underrated on the boards

sarr
12-13-2007, 04:15 AM
you cant compare that fruity american gangster to War Report. Atleast war report had a consitent sound throughout the album. And CNN's album had a real story...they werent trying to give it a theme, it plays out naturally, where jigga tried to make the album tell a story (a fake one) and the album just sucked apart from about 3 or 4 songs

If you liked the production on Hell on Earth then you have to like the production on War Report because they sound very similar, HOE sounds more evil probably
i know nore gets alota shit for his lyrics...but on this album he was on point, tragedy was amazing and capone was sick too

claaa7
12-13-2007, 04:32 AM
every verse on hell on earth from prodigy and most from havoc is better than this...it's a bunch of nonsense really. the best thing about the war report is the production, hands down. noreaga was never a good rapper and his lyrics are usually ass. few uncreative murder raps (p was way better at this) and a bunch of shit thrown together that means absolutely nothing is nore's forte. i enjoy the war report, but comparing it to hell on earth in terms of lyrics and overall emcee skills (prodigy vs nore, havoc vs capone), hell on earth comes out way ahead. Not to mention, P's '96 flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>nore's flow at any time.

Tragedy Khadafi shits on Prodigy anytime. period.. check out LA LA or Parole Violators.

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Tragedy Khadafi shits on Prodigy anytime. period.. check out LA LA or Parole Violators.

ok...and then go back and listen to temperature's rising, shook ones pt. 2, hell on earth (front lines), apostle's warning, survival of the fittest, quiet storm, qu hectic, etc...don't get me wrong tragedy khadafi is nice but not near p in his prime

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
you cant compare that fruity american gangster to War Report. Atleast war report had a consitent sound throughout the album. And CNN's album had a real story...they werent trying to give it a theme, it plays out naturally, where jigga tried to make the album tell a story (a fake one) and the album just sucked apart from about 3 or 4 songs

If you liked the production on Hell on Earth then you have to like the production on War Report because they sound very similar, HOE sounds more evil probably
i know nore gets alota shit for his lyrics...but on this album he was on point, tragedy was amazing and capone was sick too

thats true about the production, the war report had a lot of sick beats too, not hoe level but still great. and i wasn't really comparing american gangster in quality to the war report, just the point that it told a story, although i do think american gangster is a great album. i wouldnt ever call capone sick either, tragedy was the standout rapper on the album imo

Dragondude_R
12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
ho please

fact: Tragedy Khadafi at his best >>> Prodigy at his best

Go listen to some Intelligent Hoodlum or Saga of a Hoodlum, fucking newjack

the silencer
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
great poll..

i have War Report on cassette, i used to listen to that shit for days..

but i gotta take Hell On Earth, that shit was my anthem in high school..haven't listened to it in years but i probly still know all the lyrics