PDA

View Full Version : Big L

Ghostfacekillam
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
If you guys haven't already noticed from the Big L collage that is my signature, I'm a Big L fan. I've also noticed a couple of people judging him after listening to only 'The Big Picutre'

So I went ahead and uploaded most of my Big L joints, PM for links.

Listen to these and then you will realize how much hip-hop really lost on Feb. 15, 1999.

http://cdn.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2035359-870383750.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/f3/d8/9ba1619009a04db415d94110.L.jpg

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004GMTP.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/images/tapes/The-Archives-1996-2000-mid1834-large.jpg

http://musicselections.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/childrenofthecorn.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/images/tapes/The-Bigger-View-mid1393-large.jpg

I also threw up that unseen picture mixtape, but have no picture. dont sleep on that children of the corn shit. shit is from the era when mase was murda mase and camron was killa cam, and both were just harlem friends of L, who only started to rhyme after he encouraged them too.

DJMethods
12-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone who doesn't own anything bu the Big Picture shouldn't be on this site. Lifestylez and the Freestyle History are crazy good, though he uses a few freestyles for verses.

RIP THE greatest to ever do it

Prolifical ENG
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm a Big L fan. I've also noticed a couple of people judging him after listening to only 'The Big Picutre'

really? :looking:

oldie
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Big L was a massive talent, mad flows, flipping it like no other, like no one ever has really!

a true G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. BIG L - SORELY MISSED BY THE HIP-HOP WORLD

p.s never knew bout that Freestyle History, nor did i know C.O.T.C was ever an official disc!

CharlesJones
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I miss him. I was listening to his Lifestyles Of Da Poor And Dangerous album yesterday. That album is a classic and his rhymes were awesome. He's definitely in my top 5 favorite mc's of all time. It would've been interesting to see what his albums would've sounded like if he was still alive. When i heard Camron and Jay-Z rhyming on his album last night, i said damn. I wish they could rhyme like that now LOL. Camron is horrible now. Did the police catch his killer?

CharlesJones
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Is The Archives a mixtape or a album by him? Where can i buy it from?

Ghostfacekillam
12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
heres some info on the archives

http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/Big-L-The-Archives-1996-2000-hip-hop-4090.html

great cd, has a lot of good shit on it.

They never caught L's killer, but many people have speculated it has something to do with debt owed by his older brother 'Big Lee':

On the evening of February 15, 1999, Big L was shot multiple times in the head and chest and killed near his Harlem home. Early indications led many to believe that Coleman was killed because of a debt owed by his older brother, Leroy Phinazee, who was in jail at the time and was therefore inaccessible. It has also been speculated that the murderer mistook Lamont for his brother on the night he was shot. Some time after his release from prison in 2002, Leroy Phinazee was murdered on the same street as his brother after attempting to find out who had shot him.

On the evening of February 15, 1999, Big L was shot multiple times in the head and chest and killed near his Harlem home. Early indications led many to believe that Coleman was killed because of a debt owed by his older brother, Leroy Phinazee, who was in jail at the time and was therefore inaccessible. It has also been speculated that the murderer mistook Lamont for his brother on the night he was shot. Some time after his release from prison in 2002, Leroy Phinazee was murdered on the same street as his brother after attempting to find out who had shot him.

CharlesJones
12-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks man. I'm not able to download music at the library. Is there a rap music website i can buy it from? Damn, his brother got killed too? That's messed up. The police will probably never catch the killer because they don't care about rappers getting murdered.

SickSide
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Lifestylez is a classic

Rip L

great collage btw

Dragondude_R
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually, Big L's killer was caught years ago.

And both Cam and his cousin Bloodshed started a rap career as Caged Fury (which is why most CoC tracks include just the two), but wanted to quit rap to play basketball pro. But when Cam lost his scholarship (or Blood, don't remember), L convinced them to join his collective.

Crack Killz
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
God damn stop the Piracy

don't give anyone the links to his first 2 albums.

support that shit man, Big L is an artist that deserves his shit to be bought dead or alive.

whitey
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
i love the dude, one of the illest...be he aint really missing the money...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Rest In Peace Big L!!! i love his ill verses and tracks... lifestyles ov da poor n' dangerous is my fav, than raw and underground, than big picture...

SickSide
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
to the top

Its Big Lu baby
12-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Big L is an ill motha fucka
whatever happend to that rumor that finesse found old acapellas and him and premier were making a new big l album. shit got me excited.

fortyglock
12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Lifestylez is yet another classic which blessed us in 95, rip big l.

Focus Man
12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
someone hook me up with Lifestyles n the Big Picture. I've heard tracks from these two albums but i've yet to hear them in full. would rly appreciate if someone posted a link or something.

fortyglock
12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
And after you listened to them, MAKE SURE YOU AT LEAST BUY LIFESTYLES since that truly deserves to be bought.

Focus Man
12-22-2007, 01:36 AM
ya i'll definitely cop the albums if i'm feeling a majority of the tracks, i wont buy it if i only feel a track or two off of it. I luv Big L, i just haven't heard much from him, maybe 6-7 songs total. So ya...i'd greatly appreciate whoever can hook me up with a link to his albums.

Bucellito 136
12-22-2007, 02:55 AM
i love Big L too
he has one of the greatest flow
lifestylez is just a classic album
the only thing i reproach to him is that he repeats the same lyrics in many songs through all his albums but that's because of his freestyles
peace y'all
rip big l

MastaCee
12-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Actually, Big L's killer was caught years ago.

And both Cam and his cousin Bloodshed started a rap career as Caged Fury (which is why most CoC tracks include just the two), but wanted to quit rap to play basketball pro. But when Cam lost his scholarship (or Blood, don't remember), L convinced them to join his collective.

Well first of all, No Big L's killer was never found, and probably never will. there was a suspect.. Gerard Woodley, but he was released cause they dident have any evidence to convict him for manslaughter.

and Caged Fury was Cam'Ron, Bloodshed (died in a carcrash) and producer Digga.. who also produced the whole COC mixtape/album.
_______

Anyways.. Big L's both albums are classic.. i mean, i just love those album, and i peep them several times each week.. that's the kind of album you can never get enough of. word! Big L one of the greatest of all times!

Crack Killz
12-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Woodely got convicted of Drug charges and his doin like 20 years in prison or something..

so either way he's locked up right now.. if he did it or not.

and funny thing is Woodely was a family friend of Big L, he's eaten dinner with L's family

MastaCee
12-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah well.. jealousy is on some wierd shit.

and i dont know if he's still in jail? i hope so.. but we dont know if he killed L, so lets not jump to conclusion.

JRoll
12-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Big L was something man. He's a real MC. Anyone ever hear that 7 minute freestyle wit jay-z? Or even Da Graveyard ? "I'm known for snatchin' purses, and bombin' churches, I get more pussy by accident then most niggaz get on purpose..." RIP Big L

LiquidSwords32
12-26-2007, 01:58 AM
are you kidding me people????? Lamont Coleman aka Big L Corleone IS THE GREATEST EMCEE to ever touch a mic. i dont know what all you listen to know but what i know is this.....BIG L IS the GOAT. and if anybody really wants to say anybody else is better, please please you must be smoking paint or something else that really fucks up your mind beyond to believing that he is not. think about it, if ya'll can think that pac and biggie were still alive thats cool cause they were indeed dope....but good god, can you imagine if Lamont Coleman was still alive and the other GOAT Chris Rios...............I know this is my own opinion but please, if you say "I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet" and all the other amazing shit he said, you are the best ever. jayz and cam would be str8 shit right now if it wasn't for him..............

Crack Killz
12-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Come on man, I'm probably the biggest Big L fan out there, but you seriously got his balls in your mouth...IMO Big L is the illest too, but to say JayZ's carreer would have been shit without Big L is just fucking stupid, they only collabo'd twice..(aside from a track JayZ claims to have with them two but doesn't want to release it..).... JayZ woulda still been in the same spot with or without Big L

MastaCee
12-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah that's true ^^

But Jay-Z is considered the greatest rapper alive. - by many people, and has been announced to be the greatest. - every track Big L and Jay-Z was on.. Big L shitted on Jay-Z, and that's real talk..! Big L is diffenetly top 3 of all times.. there's no doubt in my mind. - And Jay dont wanna release that song, cause he know L shitted all over him on that shit too.. !

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Big L is wide respected from all da hip hop headz i run into in clubs.. alway at least 3 tracks from him gets played in the club, especially Da Graveyard posse cut...
he's tight at every thing in Emceeing...

ChamberSlave
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
RIP BIG L, mad raw style from a real MC.I only found out about Big L a few months ago my self, his name is never mentioned in australia and i have rarely seen him listed for the GOAT, just goes to show how underated he is really.

Afficial_Nastee
12-27-2007, 11:07 AM
RIP Big L,
Only checked Lifestylez Ov tha Poor and Dangerous and a '98 freestyle that was on The Big Picture album, but yo he had a great voice and mad flow and he could really rip it on a track with his punchlines...

Fake_Agent
02-15-2012, 01:26 AM
You should all check out this tribute that D.I.T.C (which Big L was part of) memeber O.C put out, seems like hes the only rap cat who still remebers L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiv9B--4Do

JASPER BEARDLY
02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
rip to the god

Nuttkase
02-17-2012, 01:07 AM
big l & big pun - best mcz of all time