PDA

View Full Version : The Lupe album hasn't leaked yet???

Thworldisyours
12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Did it get delayed or something???

The hackers are slippin...

Exodus
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Lupe wasn't taking chances with this one

GhettoGnom
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
What?

I got it...

Thworldisyours
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Funny... I posted this topic, went out for a couple hours, came back and now it's all over the place...

Good to see "Dumb It Down" made the final cut... Even tho, I heard that was going to be on the album, I always thought that song was going to be left on the cutting room floor...

Hope it's just as good as his first...

whitey
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
anybody got a review on it?

Scribbles
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I just got the album....

I know extra early right? Gonna spin it out tonight and write up a review for it tomorrow on my website.

You already know the deal....

I get these albums 11/12 days before release date.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
i got it yesterday its pretty dope

Thworldisyours
12-13-2007, 02:26 AM
The one I d'led is clean, even tho it says explicit retail on the file...

And one of the better songs, "Hello Goodbye" is cut short (track ends during a verse)...

After first listen, the album is good but not great... Not to sound like people that hated the Wu album but there's WAY too many "singin hooks" on it... I mean half the time I'm waiting for the hooks to end to hear Lupe...

Still, I hardly ever judge an album based on one listen... Maybe it'll grow on me... But almost immediately after I played it, I wanted to play Food and Liquor... Actually I wanted to play the BOOTLEG of Food and Liquor...

It's funny tho... Nas seems to be always chasing Illmatic... Nothing he does can ever top that album... Lupe is almost the same but the sad part IMO is he's always going to be chasing the LEAKED BOOTLEG of Food and Liquor... Nothing he does is ever going to match a semi-unreleased album... And even tho the F&L retail was real good, it wasn't better than the bootleg (or at least it wasn't the bonafide classic it COULD'VE been)...

If his next album is going to be his last (which it WONT), he should take his time with it and make it that slamdunk, touchdown, homerun classic his first 2 albums should've been...