PDA

View Full Version : Lord Finesse!

ShaDynasty
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Boy have i been sleeping! For years I thought the guy was nothin after hearing his mediocre (really old school sounding) debut album. I copped 'The Awakening' a few months back and its on a whole nuther level. Lord Finesse improved dramatically since his first joint, the lyrics are just full of realness, funny and dope shit like "You could have a freak on a Ferris wheel, you still couldn't fuck around". And the production is bananas, exactly the way I want Hip Hop to sound, add to that a bunch of hot guest rhymers and a bonus track, the classic 'Actual Facts' and this is a straight up classic. Anyone know anything else this guy has done (excluding 'Lifestylez...')? I wanna hear him drop some more shit.

bloodyhookz
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
The Awakening is a fuckin' classic but Finesse has been nice his whole career, I don't know where you come up with mediocre, he's been too underrated since he first touched

CharlesJones
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah he's always been a good mc. I've never heard his albums but i heard him on Big L's album and DITC album. He has a song on Trespass soundtrack. I forgot the name of the song. Wasn't he on O.C.'s Jewelz album?

ShaDynasty
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
The Awakening is a fuckin' classic but Finesse has been nice his whole career, I don't know where you come up with mediocre, he's been too underrated since he first touched

I just couldn't get into it, I heard to much old school stuff maybe, The rhymes and especially the flow weren't as good and I felt like I heard all the beats. Hows 'Return Of The Funky Man'? I'm in 2 minds if i should get it or not cause its between the joint i don't care for and the one I love. Which album would you say its closer to?

Dragondude_R
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
lmfao, The Funky Technician is classic shit.

Anyways, Finesse is top 10.

maestro wooz
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM

word, finesse is a god

funky technician is my favorite of his, some classic lines

"cause im the better man, and i never ran, mc beat me? I give credit to whoever can, cause i terrify, scare and horrify, couldnt win against me if you let your father try"

"cause im smart like einstein, i say the fly rhyme, get funky while you play the sideline"

whole thing is classic

his verses on represent of 'runaway slave' and the yes you may remix are legendary also

"cause gettin funky is no coincidence, *beat slows down* finesse could flow to any musical instrument"

graffitiwhat
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
the awakening is one of the best albums i own even tho its considered an ep, brainstorm is a nasty track, finesse is the realness, peace

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah he's always been a good mc. I've never heard his albums but i heard him on Big L's album and DITC album. He has a song on Trespass soundtrack. I forgot the name of the song. Wasn't he on O.C.'s Jewelz album?

word, he was!

Chris79
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow mediocre?...to each their own...I actually thought The Awakening was average except for a few choice cuts...The Funky Technician and Return of the Funky Man are classic albums

If you're in the NYC area next week, Lord Finesse is performing at SOBs along with Grand Puba, A.G. and O.C....Premo is gonna be spinning and Greg Nice is hosting the event....talk about a lineup!!

http://grandgood.com/2007/11/17/lord-finesse-grand-puba-dj-premier-oc-ag-greg-nice-more-in-nyc-1220-7pm/

Also, Lord Finesse is producing Puba's next album...its coming out on Sound of Dissent Records...cant find much info online but I saw an ad for it in Wax Poetics and Puba basically confirmed it when I asked him

buckshotstheone
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Return of the Funky Man? for real, if you ain't got it, you on some Rip Van Winkle shit, WAKE UP!!!

no offense btw, just making the post most interesting than just saying "yeah dude Return.. is incredible, so awesome, great songs, go get it"

Max Munch
12-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I was lucky enough to see him & a couple other legends perform down here in Toronto, shit was dooope.

Durag
12-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Boy have i been sleeping! For years I thought the guy was nothin after hearing his mediocre (really old school sounding) debut album.

Man, nothin wrong with old school, some of my favourite shit is old school stuff. I wasnt that gone on the beats at first either, they all sounded kinda similiar to me because of all the funk samples, and i didnt like them at first, but they grew on me.

'Girl You Nasty (new version' is a FUCKIN ILL TRACK!!!

Return of the Funky Man is dope as fuck too. Im not long after getting it, so i need to give it a few more spins, but from what ive heard it sounds classic.

CharlesJones
12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Grand Puba should stop doing solo albums because 2000 sucked and i read some bad reviews about his last album Understand This. His first album Reel To Reel is good. Lord Finesse's song on Trespass soundtrack is called You Know What I'm About. He also rapped on the Artifacts song Collaboration Of Mics with Lord Jamar of Brand Nubian on Artifacts That's Them album. That's a tight song.

graffitiwhat
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
hah i love 2000, i was listening to it yesterday, ill,peace

ShaDynasty
12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Ima give 'Funky Technician' another chance, I didn't think it was wack but it felt like id heard it all before. 'Return Of The Funky Man' is on my list now and ima check his production credits also. I know he did Dr Dres 'The Message' which is a classic.

Memory Man
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow mediocre?...to each their own...I actually thought The Awakening was average except for a few choice cuts...The Funky Technician and Return of the Funky Man are classic albums

cosign

Crack Killz
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah he's really dope, i slept on him hard till i heard his verse on the All Love track he did for D.I.T.C which includes Big L..

that verse is bananas

---

While you playing games, we claimin fame slaying dames
The aim is to make Mo' Money like Damon Wayans
You know our names, we don't play jokes
Niggas ain't feeling us? You ain't supposed to, that's for gay folks
You stay broke, we stay holding and stay rolling
Rap's Beetoven, exploding, my game's golden
Pockets swollen, we make the freaks stare
Roll with some chocolate grimey niggas, but ain't nothing sweet here
Keep clear, ah yeah so get stepping
Make hit records off of loops that's six seconds
No question the cash tipper, the ass whipper
Need a chick that can hang, fuck you broads that wear glass slippers
Bigger, city slicker, you cats follow me?
Finesse is among the stars like astrology
Greater knowledge, G, shit's wild, I flip styles
On the mile, let me pass it off like Chris Childs

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm looking for all the tracks where Lord Finesse and Big L featured together.

So far I got:

Lord Finesse - Yes, You May (Remix)
Big L - Da Graveyard
D.I.T.C. - Day One
D.I.T.C. - Day One (Remix)
D.I.T.C. - Stand Strong
Show & A.G. - Represent
Show & A.G. - Dignified Soldiers
Show & A.G. - Dignified Soldiers (Remix)
Lord Finesse - You Know What I'm About (Original Version)
D.I.T.C. - All Love
D.I.T.C. - All Love (Remix)
Diamond - 5 Fingas Of Death

Anyone know any more?

LiquidSwords32
02-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Lord Finesse is the most slept on cat in the game.......... i dont know about any of you on here, but this is one of the illest beats I have ever heard in my entire life....its no secret why Lord Finesse was the only other beatsmith to grace the production credits on Chronic 2001........ and also this is THE reason why you buy a system for your car for shit like this, 01-a.g.d-flowheadcrackparty arty-muddslide prod.lord finesse.mp3 - 3.52MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/8071512314436b/)

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
^^ Definately true.

That Dre track is strange. Finesse made the beat and Royce wrote the lyric. Dre just did the rap. That's unusual for hip-hop.

MastaCee
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
You don't find talent like this anywhere else, one of the best on a production tip if u ask me personally, his style suits my taste perfectly..

as an Emcee, he been making classics since he started, he's a beast on the mic, not to mention his emceeing skills! incredible, go peep that old video of Percee P and Lord Finesse in the bronx freestyling, classic shit..

D.I.T.C. always been the shit to me, cause they have 4 emcees being on my top 15 of all time... O.C., Big L, Lord Finesse and A.G.

Anyways, Finesse is the shit !

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
^^ Not to mention Buckwild, Diamond D, Lord Finesse and Showbiz on the beats!

ERN-DAWGY
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
yea fineese is def in my top 5

SikoCeLL
03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
His production was top notch aswell... fuckin' amazin' shit... Street Struck is one of best beats ever fuckin' produced.. word.

Ghostfacekillam
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
one of the best producer/rapper combos ever. love his beats.

hip 2 da game is one of my favorites. heres the unedited video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzj4KK8O_wQ

thamainfacta
03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
1st post on the wu forums and happy to join :D i saw finesse two years ago in sydney, 1st and only time he's come to australia. dopest concert ive been to. him and roc raida are a fucking lethal combo. they did the big l tribute and body tricks and all, best shit ever. also it was q-unique and dj eclipse as the other big names for the concert, along with other local supports. finesse has to be the most underrated emcee/producer there is. name someone who can do djing/emceeing and producing at such a high level. he is the best all rounder in hip hop.

anyways ive got a 4 cd album all of his produced tracks. its called 'the underboss files'.

links here..

http://www.ohword.com/blog/885/lord-...mpilation-more

track listing..

Cd1

01 03:50 A.G. – Muddslide Ft Party Arty Dflow and Hehdkrack (Prod By Lord Finesse)
02 03:39 Big L – Mvp (Prod By Lord Finesse)
03 05:36 Rasco – Run The Line (Lord Finesse Remix)
04 04:05 O.C. – Dr. Know (Prod By Lord Finesse)
05 04:50 Brand Nubian – Scientists Of Sound (Prod By Grand Puba & Lord Finesse)
06 03:34 Trends Of Culture – Off & On (Freestyle Remix)
07 04:27 Terror Squad – Bring Em Back Ft Big Pun (Prod By Lord Finesse)
08 04:58 Grand Agent – Know The Legend (Prod By Lord Finesse)
09 04:07 Ill Biskits – Let Em Know (Prod By Lord Finesse)
10 04:49 Percee P – Yes You May Ft Lord Finesse and A.G. (Prod By Lord Finesse)
11 03:52 Big L – Fed Up Wit The Bullshit (Prod By Lord Finesse)
12 03:26 3rd Eye and The Group Home – Ease Up (Prod By Lord Finesse)
13 03:34 Xperado – A Damn Shame (Prod By Lord Finesse) 14 04:28 Karim Jamal – Pelon Rising (Prod By Lord Finesse)
15 04:32 Brand Nubian – Love Vs Hate (Prod By Lord Finesse) 16 02:50 The Notorious B.I.G. – Suicidal Thoughts (Prod By Lord Finesse)
17 04:49 Artifacts – Collaboration Of Mics Ft Lord Finesse & Lord Jamar (Prod By Lord Finesse)
18 04:25 Capone N Noreaga – Don’t Know Nobody Ft Musaliny M.A.Z.E. (Prod By Lord Finesse)
19 03:45 D.I.T.C. – Put It In Your System (Prod By Lord Finesse)

Cd2

01 04:24 Akinyele – Skys The Limit (Prod By Lord Finesse)
02 04:16 Posneg – No Doubt (Lord Finesse Remix)
03 04:23 Trends Of Culture – Off and On (Lord Finesse Remix) 04 04:51 A.G. – Underground Life (Prod By Lord Finesse)
05 05:29 Dr. Dre – The Message Ft Mary J. Blige & Rell(Prod By Lord Finesse)
06 02:55 Channel Live – Broadcasting Live(Lord Finesse Remix) 07 03:38 Fat Joe – Livin Fat (Prod By Lord Finesse)
08 04:51 Illegal – On Da M.I.C. Ft A.G. & Lord Finesse(Prod By Lord Finesse)
09 03:21 Big L – Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Danger (Prod By Lord Finesse)
10 03:21 Capone N Noreaga – Channel 10 (Prod By Lord Finesse)
11 03:28 A.G. – We Don’t Care (Prod By Lord Finesse) 12 05:03 Ground Floor – Dig On That Ft Lord Finesse(Prod By Lord Finesse)13 04:21 Big L – All Black (Prod By Lord Finesse)
14 04:02 Xperado – Paradox (Prod By Lord Finesse)
15 04:35 The Notorious B.I.G. – Come On Ft Sadat X
(Prod By Lord Finesse)
16 03:15 Milano – Morir Sonando (Prod By Lord Finesse)
17 04:39 Brand Nubian – Straight Outta Now Rule (Prod By Lord Finesse)
18 03:44 Walkin Large – Do That (Lord Finesse Remix)
19 04:18 Brand Nubian – U For Me (Prod By Lord Finesse)

Cd3

01 04:05 Big L – Street Struck (Prod By Lord Finesse)
02 03:36 Double X Posse – Money Talks ( Prod By Lord Finesse) 03 04:15 Milano – Done In Vain (Prod By Lord Finesse)
04 02:27 Brand Nubian – The Beat Change (Prod By Lord Finesse)
05 03:58 Shorty Long – Shorty Is Doing His Own Thang (Prod By Lord Finesse)
06 04:31 D.I.T.C. – Hey Luv (Prod By Lord Finesse)
07 04:10 Big L – Street Struck (Prod By Lord Finesse)
08 04:20 Xperado – All Night (Prod By Lord Finesse)
09 03:47 Xperado – Animosity (Prod By Lord Finesse)
10 04:40 God Sunz – Sub Sidewalkers (Prod By Lord Finesse)
11 03:51 Xperado – Watch Ya Step Ft O.C. (Prod By Lord Finesse)
12 04:18 O.C. – Ga Head (Prod By Lord Finesse)
13 04:33 Ak Skills – Check Da Flava (Prod By Lord Finesse)
14 03:40 Pitch Black – Show and Prove (Prod By Lord Finesse) 15 04:37 Ill Biskits – 22 Years (Prod By Lord Finesse)
16 04:03 Karim Jamal – Ghetto Appeal (Prod By Lord Finesse) 17 05:23 Big L – Da Graveyard (Prod By Lord Finesse)
18 03:38 D.I.T.C. – Internationally Known (Prod By Lord Finesse)19 05:17 Lord Finesse – The Vinyl Athletes Ft A.G.(Lord Finesse Remix)

Cd4

01 04:00 Rell – When Will You See (Prod By Lord Finesse)
02 06:00 O.C. – Jewelz (Prod By Lord Finesse)
03 04:02 Show & A.G. – Add On (Prod By Lord Finesse)
04 05:17 SWV – Right Here (Lord Finesse Funkyman Mix)
05 05:08 Bas Blasta – The Rhythm Ft Lord Finesse Fat JoeJuju and Godfather Don
06 05:14 Lord Finesse – Return Of The Funkyman (Remix) 07 04:26 Lord Finesse – Underworld Operations
08 03:35 Lord Finesse – Down For The Underground (Remix) 09 05:34 Lord Finesse – Yes You May Ft A.G. and Percy P(Remix)10 03:57 Lord Finesse – Party Over Here (Remix)
11 03:45 Lord Finesse – Back To Back Rhyming Ft A.G.
12 04:26 Lord Finesse – Rules We Live By Ft Fat Joe & Armaggedon
13 04:03 Lord Finesse – Shorties Kaught In The System (Remix)14 05:21 Lord Finesse – Hands In The Air Mouth Shut (Remix) 15 05:00 Lord Finesse – Ghetto Life Ft Rell
16 04:12 Lord Finesse – You Know What Im About (Ost Version) 17 04:15 Lord Finesse – Actual Facts (DJ Mighty Mi Remix)
18 03:49 Lord Finesse – Hip 2 Da Game (Buckwild Remix)

ADDENDUM

Lord Finesse – Underworld Operations (Explicit Version)
Lord Finesse & Diamond D – Do Your Thing Kid
Notorious B.I.G. – Party & Bullshit (Lord Finesse Remix)
Lord Finesse – The Message (Demo Session)
Lord Finesse – Power Cypha Freestyle
Lord Finesse – Check The Method
Lord Finesse – Check Me Out Baby Pah (Feat Page The Hand Grenade)
Lord Finesse – Pull Ya Card
Lord Finesse, Diamond D & Sadat X – You Can’t Front
Lord Finesse – Actual Facts (Muneshine Remix)
Lord Finesse & Grand Puba – Real Talk
Stephen Simmons – Alone (Feat Big L & Marquee) (Prod Lord Finesse)
Mesanjarz Of Funk – Flip Da Script (Feat Lord Finesse)
Percee P & Lord Finesse – Rematch In The Patterson Projects
Lord Finesse & O.C. – Ya Better Recognize
Lord Finesse – Soul Plan
Lord Finesse – Brainstorm (Come Clean Blend)
Lord Finesse & Cormega – Future Flavaz Freestyle
3rd Eye – Troopers Reprezent (Feat Lord Finesse, Nine & Top Quality)