PDA

View Full Version : why the brits are slowly getting better then the u.s hip hop wise.

JackOfHearts
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
u.s hip hop is slowly becoming terrible....the likes of lil wayne, lil jon, 50 and co are just a joke....dont get me wrong they have decent underground artists and the such but its got to the point where the shit is outweighing the good hiphop! the uk has many mcs developing their own sound, the likes of akala, dizzee rascal, stig of the dump, jehst etc are far more advanced then the mainstream hip hop in the u.s. dont get me wrong the uk has a few pillocks knocking about but its moving forward rather then backwards!

Jin10304
12-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Good hip hop ended about in 1998 for the US, but please, no European rapper will ever cross over here successfully, the UK gave us Lady Soverien lol

JackOfHearts
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah, what a terrible offering, i apologise we gav u such a load of bollocks!

johhnyblaze
12-12-2007, 07:57 PM
u.s hip hop is slowly becoming terrible....the likes of lil wayne, lil jon, 50 and co are just a joke....dont get me wrong they have decent underground artists and the such but its got to the point where the shit is outweighing the good hiphop! the uk has many mcs developing their own sound, the likes of akala, dizzee rascal, stig of the dump, jehst etc are far more advanced then the mainstream hip hop in the u.s. dont get me wrong the uk has a few pillocks knocking about but its moving forward rather then backwards!

For every different area (The South, The East, The West, or even the UK) there's gonna be good rappers, and bad rappers. US Hip hop isn't becoming terrible, only the mainstream is. Generalizing only makes you look like an idiot.

TAURO
12-12-2007, 08:51 PM

I hear what you are saying, but seeing as you are a brit, you view holds no weight. The uk has great acts but lets not get away with ourselves, the uk has far too few good mc's to even compare to the US as a culture, America has great versatility within the culture while the uk is still finding it's feet.

BRONZBODY
12-13-2007, 01:02 AM
i feel europe as a whole seems to appriciate hip hop more than us americans do.....but then thats just my opinion...

BRONZBODY
12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
yeah, what a terrible offering, i apologise we gav u such a load of bollocks!
apology accepted.....but i think shes hot.....

11th Chamber
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
lol at the thought of UK having better MC's than the US, on any level.

EAGLE EYE
12-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Europe tried to take a US homegrown culture and run with it similar to japanase sluts that try to dance like jamaican reggae dancers.

Its basically like watching special olympics kids try and compete after being forced to blow oxy contin

Origin™
12-13-2007, 01:59 AM
The UK and Europe have alot of talented MC's Lyricaly, I've heard some dope shit from the UK, It just the accents, I really can't stand that shit.

EAGLE EYE
12-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Id rather program my blender to output the microsoft text to speak engine to spit 16 (while making a delicious smoothie) instead of hearing the accents

by golly I think I just bridged the next tech-art/musical gap trend

Esquire
12-13-2007, 04:28 AM
There are some great British emcees holding down the scene, but I agree, there is not enough of it, in general the U.S is still on a far bigger scale as far as quality goes, but Britian is getting there. My personal favourites holding it down in the U.K scene are Kashmere, Klashnekoff and Jehst, and the likes of TaskForce, theres much talent in the U.K. If you don't believe me listen to Jehst - Life imitating art (Premonitions LP), it'll give you an idea of what talent is about.

oldie
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Phi-Life Cypher, Task Force, Plan-B....all dope UK hip-hop, check it!!

J-Cee
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Americans are too closed minded when it coems to hip hop..the rest of the world can adjust to different accents but when it comes to US catz they push it away the instant they here it..of course im not talking about all americans here.
The UK,Australia etc have many talented MC's that can rip apart Alot of American artists Lyrically..remember..were judging on lyrics and beats..not accents.

J-Cee
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
quite a few dope producers from Aus and UK aswell.

J-Cee
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Id rather program my blender to output the microsoft text to speak engine to spit 16 (while making a delicious smoothie) instead of hearing the accents

by golly I think I just bridged the next tech-art/musical gap trend

that's cause your inferior brain isn't capable of hearing real shit from another countries..stop trying to sound funny on the forum with your try-technical lingo..its foolish robby.

oldie
12-13-2007, 10:29 AM
p.s just dont mnetion Kano cos hes fukin garbage!!!

oldie
12-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Anyone remember Nas' remix of Thiefs Theme Ft Risin Son.....dude has skills, wish he had a mixtape or sumthing!

DJMethods
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I kinda agree, but it's just not better and never will be. UK hip-hop is sick though, I've been doing research for a mixtape I wanna up on here and picked up a few albums from around the place. Norway has good hip-hop, Ireland, Sweden, Australia, shit the whole world does now.I'm banging together a 18-21 song mixtape but it's too Australia/UK dominated now, slowly finding other shit.

As for the accent, once you get use to it.. UK stuff sounds grimey as fuuuck

JackOfHearts
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
lmao at some of these comments! well il try to re phrase it, there is a better 'good rapper to shit rapper' ratio in the uk then the u.s! and the beats in the uk tend to be grittier now. then again i dont hear lots of underground u.s hip hop so im probably being ignorant, im talking purely on a mainstream level.

JKDRevolutionary
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
yooo Sway Dasafo is pretty damn nice if u ask me, and i'm from tha US sooo i dont think the accent really matters, matter of fact the way sway raps he makes the accent sound pretty slick.

but he is generally the exception, along with dizzee, J2k, and SAS.

most of em i heard were wack, like bruza and kano. wickitywack. DOO DOO.

especially bruza's verse on that fuck new york shit. if you gonna diss NYC at least be nice wit it. Bruza jus ruined tha whole track even tho sway was on it.

but yo look up the J2K adidas commercial...shit was fire!

Esquire
12-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Urban Monks - Gunpowder Footsteps !!! (Australia) Sick Sh*t.

begongo
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
i think Dizzee Rascal is one of the freshest around these days

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
lol stfu man ,

Origin™
12-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Americans are too closed minded when it coems to hip hop..the rest of the world can adjust to different accents but when it comes to US catz they push it away the instant they here it..of course im not talking about all americans here.
The UK,Australia etc have many talented MC's that can rip apart Alot of American artists Lyrically..remember..were judging on lyrics and beats..not accents.

I have tried to give UK HopHip a chance, I don't deny some of the MCs out there are sick lyrically, And alot of the production is pretty damn sick too.

But the accent is a hard barrier to get past, Maybe i've listened to US HipHop to long and stuck in my ways or what ever.

Hell i've even listened to shit from all round Europe and I ain't even know what the fuck they saying in all them other language's, european accents sound decent to a majority of the hiphop i've heard from places like france, germany, hell even russia, but then there is the language barrier, but what ever, its all good, it's a good thing that HipHop is world wide, I don't hate on other people doing their thing.

But in my opinion no country can come close to the US when it comes to this HipHop shit!

Peace.

JKDRevolutionary
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
whatever. people from the US should listen to sway. he is quite nice wit it.

and his beats are type sick.

Rame
02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Good hip hop ended about in 1998 for the US, but please, no European rapper will ever cross over here successfully, the UK gave us Lady Soverien lol

She's dope. Slick Rick is also from the UK.

6btkVat_oQc

But now my question:

Does any UK head know Envy, female mc possibly from London?

11th Chamber
02-17-2008, 03:53 PM
I been kinda down lately...reading this thread put a smile on my face again. hahahahahahahaaha

Revolution
02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
lol at the thought of UK having better MC's than the US, on any level.

Word.

Non-USA rappers should all kill themselves, to be honest. Slick Rick, the only exception, is one of the greatest though, don't try to take credit for him, UK. He did move to the Bronx at a young age, thankfully, because he would never have become a rapper had he stayed in the UK.

Rame
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Ghost loves UK hiphop.

http://www.ladysovereign.com/images/galleries/General/hires/tn_with%20Ghost%202.JPG

TAURO
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Word.

Non-USA rappers should all kill themselves, to be honest. Slick Rick, the only exception, is one of the greatest though, don't try to take credit for him, UK. He did move to the Bronx at a young age, thankfully, because he would never have become a rapper had he stayed in the UK.

Who are you?

Opinion......

VOID

Rame
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Ghost loves UK hiphop.

http://www.ladysovereign.com/images/galleries/General/hires/tn_with%20Ghost%202.JPG

Word.

Revolution
02-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Who are you?

Opinion......

VOID

:W Helloooo, it's you again!

TAURO
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
:W Helloooo, it's you again!

If you ain't heard the music then don't comment, One thing I can't stand on these boards is ignorance. Don't hate for the sake of hating, learn to keep an open mind before you judge things. If you do this then people would respect your view, positive or negative.

GhettoGnom
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
the UK gave us Lady Soverien lol

The UK gave Hip Hop Slick Rick, so stfu.

TAURO
02-17-2008, 06:19 PM
And MF DOOM & Canibus

Sleep Sinatra
02-17-2008, 07:03 PM
if it wasnt for AMERICANS INVENTING HIP HOP, the u.k. wouldnt have it, nuff said

GhettoGnom
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
if it wasnt for AMERICANS INVENTING HIP HOP, the u.k. wouldnt have it, nuff said

what do that got to do with anything?

Guarded By Martyrs
02-17-2008, 08:28 PM
And MF DOOM & Canibus

Yeah I was gonna say Canibus...
But I diddn't know about MF DOOM !!!!
Sick

Prolifical ENG
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Its extremely hard to get into hip-hop overseas.

The only thing that I disagree with in this thread is when people say because hip-hop originated in America, it is "American culture" when it was supposed to be something else. But this is a highly debatable complex cultural topic that can go either way

Visionz
02-17-2008, 09:52 PM
lmao at some of these comments! well il try to re phrase it, there is a better 'good rapper to shit rapper' ratio in the uk then the u.s! and the beats in the uk tend to be grittier now. then again i dont hear lots of underground u.s hip hop so im probably being ignorant, im talking purely on a mainstream level.no one that listens to real hip-hop listens to the mainstream shit they push on the masses here. When it comes to sheer numbers no one is fuckin with the US. It's not to say that there aren't good emcees abroad, but if you goin name for name- US could probably take on the rest of the world together and still come up with a longer list-----too many sick cats been doin it for too long too be fucked with :spin:

Guarded By Martyrs
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
For real^
Just look at Wu-Tang as a collective...
Thats a serious roster !!!!

ALCATRAZ
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
UK rappers can never get respect in the US its a known fact

SaqurakiHanamichi
02-17-2008, 11:47 PM
cant stand uk rap accents sorry , piss me off .

i dont know anybody that wants to hear that accent rapping .

good in movies , poetry singing , but not rap

EAGLE EYE
02-17-2008, 11:52 PM
looking back at my initial posts in this thread from a few weeks back, then realizing I made those most likely when drunk. I have no regrets.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-17-2008, 11:56 PM

most americans will why you think guys like Jin failed cuz he was asian and people weren't or could buy into it but my thing why do americans accept regaee music then i dunno the US is ass-backwards

johhnyblaze
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
most americans will why you think guys like Jin failed cuz he was asian and people weren't or could buy into it but my thing why do americans accept regaee music then i dunno the US is ass-backwards

Jin failed because he was a better freestyler than he was a commercial rapper. And what does he have to do with some americans listening to Reggae? Reggae has roots in Hip Hop, and is one of the fundamental seeds behind its creation. If it wasn't for Toasting we wouldn't even have the Hip-Hop that we know today. Americans are a little close-minded, that's true. The UK can't compete with American Hip-Hop though, unless you're only talking about the mainstream. But then is Grime and all these examples you guys use as examples for "Good British Hip-Hop" mainstream in England?

Durag
02-18-2008, 05:08 AM
^^Grime is fuckin bullshit. Dizzie Rascal was dope when he first came out, i loved 'Boy in Da Cornor', but the whole grime scene is shit. A friend of mine is a huge fan so ive to endure it constantly. They all flow the same, they rap so fast you cant make out what their saying, and if you do its just gun talk, and shouting some random shit like 'Serious' over minilist, techno, annoying beats. All of the rappers ive heard, none has ever stood out to me. From JME to Roll Deep to whoever the fuck else.

UK hip-hop has some dope artists though. Skinnyman, Jehst, Phi-Life Cypher etc, but not enough to come anywhere close to the US.

Rame
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Is Bang Bang known in the UK?

He's quite big here.

J2CbTq6yEeY

HANZO
02-18-2008, 09:19 AM
iv never felt uk hip hop. to me its still far from being anywhere near to US hip hop. i mean have u ever watched channel U. shit on there is terrible.

Durag
02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
^^Its fuckin brutal. Thats mainly that grime shit though. Like i said, Skinnyman, Jehst, Phi-Life Cypher are dope.

6² Chambaz
02-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Don't listen to UK hip-hop too often, but Kano, Dizzee, Mitchell Brothers have some really dope tracks

KLIION JENSEN
02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
i'm gonna post some brilliant uk hip hop in the next few days, watch this space, some old, some new, some that probably the brits on here dont even know about, watch.

TAURO
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
^^Don't even bother, these threads always pop up with the same shit. You post some dope hip hop, everyone says "yeah it's good" blah blah blah and then two weeks later they're back to saying the usual "uk can't do hip hop" or "who listens to uk rap?" blah blah blah.......don't waste your time.

Rame
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Bring it on.

Nothing can beat this though:

6btkVat_oQc

TAURO
02-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Bring it on.

Nothing can beat this though:

6btkVat_oQc

WTF?.....GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT...

Rame
02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Haha I can't help it, I like some of her songs.

KLIION JENSEN
02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Sovs quite good, its just the stupid chav wigger accent that spoils it for her.

she's fit too.

P-Noid Brown
02-18-2008, 06:43 PM
all i gotta say is ya'll noticed this shit now?? it been better for almost 10 years... they got real hip-hop on the radio unlike trashy ass america where we listen to kayne and 50 bitch ass all day.