PDA

View Full Version : How is Spice One?...

oldie
12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
I never heard dudes music but often see his name mentioned....

any particular album?

main_man
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
his first three are good. but if u dont like gangsta rap, dont fuck with it.

spice-1 "spice-1"
spice-1 "187 he wrote"
spice-1 "amerikkka's nightmare"
amerikkka's nightmare had guest spots by method man & 2pac. spice was always gettin bumped in my neighborhood back in the day. his shit bumps.

PoisonousDarT36
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
he's not that good, all murder raps but some of that early-mid 90s gangsta west coast production is worth hearing. i have amerikkka's nightmare, it's decent

crds
12-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Spice 1 is the originator of the double time, fast shit that Bone, Thugs and Harmony became famous with.

PoisonousDarT36
12-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Spice 1 is the originator of the double time, fast shit that Bone, Thugs and Harmony became famous with.

when did he do this?

CharlesJones
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't say Spice 1 is the originator of fast rhyming but he did rhyme fast sometimes on his earlier albums from the 90's. Spice 1, 187 He Wrote, Amerika's Nightmare, The Black Bossalini are his best albums to me. 1990 Sick album is pretty good too. Every album he's done after The Black Bossalini is trash because of wack beats. His collabo album with MC Eiht called Pioneers is banging. I wish the beats that he had on that album were on his albums that he did after he left Jive records.

main_man
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
^ yeah, i aint heard much spice shit after 199-sick & bossalini. plus he had a gang of gun charges all over the u.s. in the later years.

CharlesJones
12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't even bother listening to any of his albums that he did after The Black Bossalini because trust me, every album he's done after that has been trash. I ain't bullshitting either. I'm a Spice 1 fan and i've been pissed about the albums i heard from him after The Black Bossalini. Immortalized was the last album he did with Jive records and that was horrible. I couldn't believe that album was that bad. Every album he's done after Immortalized has been independent and his production has been terrible. That's why i don't fuck with him anymore. His beats used to be banging back in the day. I don't know what happened with his beats.

crds
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't say Spice 1 is the originator of fast rhyming but he did rhyme fast sometimes on his earlier albums from the 90's. Spice 1, 187 He Wrote, Amerika's Nightmare, The Black Bossalini are his best albums to me. 1990 Sick album is pretty good too. Every album he's done after The Black Bossalini is trash because of wack beats. His collabo album with MC Eiht called Pioneers is banging. I wish the beats that he had on that album were on his albums that he did after he left Jive records.

He was one of the first to kick that style in the Bay Area.