PDA

View Full Version : The Sweat Lodge

V4D3R
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Who knows anything about traditional Native American sweat ceremonies?

JKDRevolutionary
12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
all i no about sweat lodges is that i know Not a DAMN thing.

WARPATH
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Who knows anything about traditional Native American sweat ceremonies?

I do. What do you want to know?

I've been dropping jewels all over this board, but remember rocks can't help you unless you heat them up.

EAGLE EYE
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Is peyote incorporated into these ceremonies?

WARPATH
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Is peyote incorporated into these ceremonies?

No.

Peyote is different religion/spiritual practice. However, some people that go to Peyote ceremonies often also practice spirituality in the sweat lodge separately.

There are two versions:

One that incorporates the bible and Christianity.

One that is more traditional.

The peyote ceremony originated somewhere in the South, South West. There are some people here that practice that religion, I don't.

My current understanding of the peyote ceremony is when people use it they can see the life force of all nature and when abused-

People can loose their minds.

V4D3R
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I been to Blackfoot sweats in the past - not since 1999 - and I need to re-humble myself. I need rebirth CS feel me?

I have been in a room for almost 3 months now. Like its my cell all over again.

I spent half today with my daughter in school. I needed that. I hadnt seen her in school ever before and its time for a change. I need that rebirth again.

WARPATH
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I been to Blackfoot sweats in the past - not since 1999 - and I need to re-humble myself. I need rebirth CS feel me?

I have been in a room for almost 3 months now. Like its my cell all over again.

I spent half today with my daughter in school. I needed that. I hadnt seen her in school ever before and its time for a change. I need that rebirth again.

I go at the very least once a month. Sometimes 3 times in a week. I help my dad run one at the High School sometimes.

But yeah I get what your saying.