PDA

View Full Version : Rate Nas albums..(Your Opinions)

dns
08-07-2005, 10:13 AM
1.It Was Written 10

2.Illmatic 10

3.I AM 9: Dr.Knockboot was complete trash

4.Lost Tape 10

5.Stillmatic 10: My second copy didn't have Braveheart Party - Thank God!

6.Street's Disciple 9: Kelis ruin this album: Amemrican Way hook, and the corny skit.

7.Nastradamus: 8: Nastradamus, Hydro skit was useless on this album

8.Godson 8: Good, but Nas just was the same Nas.

Nas need to leave Kelis off albums. Put the songs with AZ out. Work more with Alicia. Get production back from Premiere, RZA, Large Professor. Keep LES, Salam Remi, Quan on board. Collaborate with Rakim, Mos DeF. Do another classic with Lauryn, Rae and Ghost. And get Hype to direct another vid.

GhostfaceKillah199
08-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Illmatic - 10
It Was Written - 9
I Am... - 10
Nastradamus - 8
Stillmatic - 10
God's Son - 10
The Lost Tapes - 10
Street's Disciple - 8.5

Don't call it dickriding, I dig Nasir that much, and this is my opinion. peace

GhostfaceKillah199
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Brother, Nas is doin' just fine the way he is, the only complaint I can think of is his self produced ish. peace

Orion Nebulus
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
1. Illmatic (10)......his only classic and well never again reach that level of mastery.

2. The lost tapes(9.5)......to me it was the only album that was almost in the same level of Illmatic.

3. It was written(8.5)....pretty good follow up to his first album but some tracks had to go.

4. God's son(8)....I really liked this album and I think its better than stillmatic.

5. Stillmatic(7).... the thing with this album is that it started of great but ended weak.

6. I am(6.5)......to me this album had too many fillers.

7. Streets Disciple(6)..... I cant believe how disapointed this album turned out to be...a double album of only few good tracks.

8. Nastradamus(-1)....... complete garbage!!!!!!!

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 10:35 AM
illmatic 5mics
iww 4.25mics
iam 3mics
nastradapuss 2.5mics
stillm 4.5mics
lost tapes 4.25mics
sd 3mics

TravelingMan7
08-07-2005, 10:42 AM
1.ILLMATIC.......Do u really need a reason??

2.IT WAS WRITTEN..........Who else can come with a follow up(sophmore) album that was as eaqually good as there 1st

3.STILLMATIC............Every track(except Braveheart Party)WOW!!!

4.I AM...............Another great album,yeah DR. KNOCKBOOTS....EHHHH!!i have a bootlegg version of I AM and theres like 2 other songs that are way better than that,i guess it leaked so he made some new 1's before he dropped it

5.LOST TAPES...........Why were these lost????<<<<<<<<<<--------------------

6.GODS SON............Another good,album i didnt like the "ZONE OUT"track 2 much

7.STREETS DISCIPLE............The first disc is fire!!!!!the second disc ehhhhhh!!!he got married and made songs about it,and the maxwell song....."i threw myself off the balcony!!"if he took the good songs from the second disc, and added it 2 the 1st disc it would be another great album

8.NASTRADAMUS..............I never heard this album,except for a few tracks,but that"NASTY NAS ,2 ESCO,2 ECOBAR,NOW HE IS NASTRADAMUS"track is horrible,then "OWE ME"F/GAYUWINE...."I put myself in the closet and made believe i never heard those tracks"........................thanks for reminding me!!!!

P.E.A.C.E

Robert
08-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Illmatic-10
It Was Written-9.5, Damn good follow up to illmatic
God's Son-8.5, sick album.
Stillmatic-9, Fine album, lots of fire to his lyrics (One Mic, Ether, Destroy & Rebuild).
Nastradamus-7, Alright album but the production overall is pretty weak, tracks like come get me and family are good.
Street's Disciple- 7, didn't think it was that bad.
I am-8
Lost tapes-10
Nas is always on point with his lyrics but sometimes the production has let him down, lets hope Nasdaq is a return to his best.

snapple
08-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Illmatic - 10 (i should give it a 9 considering how short it is, but damn rock + premo on same album)
It Was Written - 9(it's not illmatic haha still dope though)
Stillmatic - 8
Lost Tapes - 9
I am - 6
SD - 5 (Fillers)
Nastradamus - have this, only listened to it once, so i doubt it was any good

jtvc36
08-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Illmatic- 10
It was written- 8.5
I am- 8
Nastradamous- 2
Lost Tapes- 8
Stillmatic-9
God's Son-9
Streets Disiple- 9

Fr@z
08-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Illmatic - 10/10
It Was Written - 9/10
I Am - 7/10
Nastradamus - 4/10
Stillmatic - 9/10
The Lost Tapes - 8.5/10
God's Son - 8/10
Street's Disciple - 8/10

bringoutthegimp
08-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Lost Tapes - 10
Illmatic - 9.5
Stillmatic - 9
God's Son - 8
It Was Written - 8
Street's Disciple - 7

other ones suck

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
stillmatic dont suck man

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Iam wasnt bad either

bringoutthegimp
08-07-2005, 12:10 PM
/\ my bad i completely forgot about stillmatic, the rest are shit though

pussy-with-teeth
08-07-2005, 12:11 PM
SD fuckin sucks to me, so does nastradamus...iam is a lil bit better but still average..the rest is almost all classic

Bone Collecta
08-07-2005, 12:17 PM
/\ my bad i completely forgot about stillmatic, the rest are shit though
good to see u fixed things

cap
08-07-2005, 12:33 PM
First Off I Gotta Say I'm A Huge Nas Fan
He's My Favourite Rapper Of All Time
That Being Said...

Illmatic-10 ....off Course...
It Was Written-9 ...great Follow Up....
I Am-7 ....good But Not Great....
Nastradamus-5 ....his Worst Album....
Stillmatic-10 ....classic.....fire.....
God's Son-9 ....really Dope....
The Lost Tapes-9.8 ....i Don't Know Why I Can't Give It A 10....
Street's Disciple-8 ...i Liked It But It Wasn't What I Expected/wanted It To Be....

Bedlam
08-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Illmatic - 10, best hip hop album ever

IWW - 8

I Am - 7

Nastradamus - only heard parts of it, WACK

Stillmatic - 9.5

Lost Tapes - 9.5

God's Son - 9

Street's Disciple - 7.5

tical2000
08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Illmatic - 10
It Was Written - 10
I Am... - 6
Nastradamus - 5
Stillmatic - 7.5
God's Son - 8
The Lost Tapes - 8.5
Street's Disciple - 7

tical2000
08-07-2005, 03:43 PM
STILLMATIC = most overrated album ever.......BRAVEHEART PARTY???? the beats are not that good at all on this album

anyone who says STILLMATIC is better than IT WAS WRITTEN is wrong........

PDTantisocial
08-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Illmatic-10/10
Stillmatic-10/10
Lost Tapes-9/10
It Was Written-9/10
God's Son-9/10
Street's Disciple-9/10
I Am...-8/10
Nastradamus-7/10

THE K-MAN
08-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Illmatic- 10
It Was Written-10
It Was Written-9.5
Nastradamus-7.5
Stillmatic-10
Lost Tapes-10
Gods Son-8.5
Street Disciple-9

dns
08-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I Want To Talk To, New World, and MASTERMIND are crazy conceptual songs

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Illmatic - 10/10 - Everyone knows about this one.

It Was Written - 9/10 - Shouldn't have been bashed as much as it was initially, great album from that era.

I Am... - 8/10 - Has some of Nas' worst songs on it: I Want to Talk to You, Big Things (Nas cannot flow like he tries to on that song), Money Is My Bitch. But has alot of standouts.

Nastradamus - 8/10 - I don't like it when he makes songs like New World, but through most of the tracks he's lyrically strong. Nastradoomus fixes many beats if you can download it.

Stillmatic - 10/10 - Favorite CD of all time.

Lost Tapes - 8/10 - I think it's overrated, too many happy subject matter songs.

God's Son - 7/10 - Average, Mastermind has one annoying chorus.

Street's Disciple - 7.5/10 - The songs he released before the release date were most of the good ones, I skipped most of this POS.
how the hell are you gonna say God's Son is worse than Nastradamus and I Am? What the hell are you smoking??? God's Son is one of his most solid cds, that's a 9 right there alone

Dante
08-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Illmatic 10
It was Written 9
I Am 8
Nastradamus 3
Stillmatic 10
Lost Tapes 9.5
God Son 3 (only liked a few songs)
Street's Dicsples 5

08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
IMO

Illmatic 10/10 classic, in ever sense
It Was Written 9/10 pretty good, but nas is coming and a few others hurt it alot
I Am 7/10 how can you have such good tracks with such bad ones? it confused me
Nastradamus 6/10 ........worse Nas album ever, it had it's moments but still sucks
Stillmatic 9/10 rebirth of Nas
God's Son 9/10 this made me think Nas was back to Illmatic form
Street's Disciple 7/10 this made me think otherwise

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Illmatic-10
It Was Written-9.5, Damn good follow up to illmatic
God's Son-8.5, sick album.
Stillmatic-9, Fine album, lots of fire to his lyrics (One Mic, Ether, Destroy & Rebuild).
Nastradamus-7, Alright album but the production overall is pretty weak, tracks like come get me and family are good.
Street's Disciple- 7, didn't think it was that bad.
I am-8
Lost tapes-10
Nas is always on point with his lyrics but sometimes the production has let him down, lets hope Nasdaq is a return to his best.
^^look bitch, don't rate an album if you havent heard, ok. ya know what i mean.

Illmatic-10
It Written-10
Stillmatic-8
Gods Son-8
Nastradamus-6.5
Streets Disciple-6 (for a double album this was amazingly weak, maybe only 3/4 good tracks IMO)

peace...

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2005, 09:24 AM
STILLMATIC = most overrated album ever.......BRAVEHEART PARTY???? the beats are not that good at all on this album

anyone who says STILLMATIC is better than IT WAS WRITTEN is wrong........

true, stillmatic is overrated IMO, too many people rating it above IT WAS WRITTEN which is incorrect i feel. but i still rekon stillmatic is dope, jus overrated.

sam stoepee
08-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Im gonna rate them on a 5/mic scale

Illmatic-5
It was written-4.5
I am-4
Nastrodamus-3
Stillmatic-4.5
The Lost tapes-4.5
Gods son-3.5
Streets Disciple-2.5

Analyze
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Illmatic-10
It was written-9
I am-8
Nastrodamus-6
Stillmatic-8.5
The Lost tapes-9.5
Gods son-8.5
Streets Disciple-8

Pretty consist, so I guess that one hot album every 10 yr average is debatable. I'm still waiting for that album w/premo.

Wu Forever

Ouroborous
08-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Illmatic- 8.5
It Was Written-8.5
I Am-9.5
Nastradamus-7
Stillmatic-9.5
Lost Tapes-7
Gods Son-8
Street Disciple-6.5
================
The Firm-8
QBs Finest-7

The_Rising_Son
08-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Illmatic- 8.5
It Was Written-8.5
I Am-9.5
Nastradamus-7
Stillmatic-9.5
Lost Tapes-7
Gods Son-8
Street Disciple-6.5
================
The Firm-8
QBs Finest-7
Stillmatic and I Am 9.5....Illmatic 8.5?
Illmatic is there with the 36,
bibles of hip-hop...you gotta be kiddin

Ouroborous
08-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Stillmatic and I Am 9.5....Illmatic 8.5?
Illmatic is there with the 36,
bibles of hip-hop...you gotta be kiddin
All personal taste man......i like what I like and I make no apologies for that, I ain't no sheep.

Besides, I Am & Stillmatic were albums I bought at the time whereas Illmatic was a look back for me.

Thats like asking the question who do you like more KRS-One or Inspectah Deck and dissing people that say Deck 'cos KRS is a legend'

bringoutthegimp
08-08-2005, 01:42 PM
STILLMATIC = most overrated album ever black on both sides is the most over rated album ever

Dae Ja Nae
08-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Illmatic - 10/10 this was pure classic Nas, I still rock this CD ... plus, I fell in love with this cat after hearing it ... lol

It Was Written - 10/10

I Am - 9/10

Nastradamus - 8/10 I know that most don't really fill this album because of it's commercial approach, but there are still some really good tracks on it. I LOVE "The Life We Chose" it's very well written in that it mirrors so much of what is going on today ... very EYE opening ... Project Window and Last Words are also ill as hell. Nas' metaphorical description of a jail cell was so on point. I also like Family, God loves Us and Quiet Niggas as well as The Prediction and The Outcome by Jessica Care Moore.

Stillmatic - 10/10 even if every other song sucked, One Mic says it all. Son is an ILL ass visionary.

God's Son - 9/10

Lost Tapes - 7/10

Street's Disciple - 10/10 Lot of raw realness on this CD, it's like having some of that pure essence back.

What can I say? ... I love this brotha :D

Peace

Big Bad Man
08-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Illmatic - 10
It Was Written - 10
I Am - 10
Nastradamus - 8
Stillmatic - 9
God's Son - 8
The Lost Tapes - 6
Street's Disciple - 9.5

Polocash7
08-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Illmatic- 5 mics
IWW- 4
I Am- 4.5
Stillmatic- 5 mics
GS-3.5
LT- 4.5 - would of gave it 5 if it was an official LP instead of collection of tracks
SD- 3.5

sam stoepee
08-09-2005, 07:56 AM
black on both sides is the most over rated album ever
your tripping son, that album was classic

Protection
08-09-2005, 08:40 AM
01. Illmatic - No comment needed - 10/10

02. The Lost Tapes - Not a 'real' Nas album, but the most consistant album since his debut - 9/10

03. It Was Written - Underrated, one of the best mafioso albums of all time - 8.5/10

04. Stillmatic - Two thirds of this album is pure fire, the other third is lukewarm - 8.5/10

05. Street's Disciple - Great effort of creating a great double-cd. Underrated - 8/10

06. God's Son - Had great tracks but also plenty of not so great ones - 7.5/10

07. I Am... - A lot of skippable tracks, Nas tryied too hard reaching out to new audiences - 6/10

08. Nastradamus - It's got like 3-4 good songs, the rest of the album is forgettable - 5/10

bringoutthegimp
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
your tripping son, that album was classic nowhere near classic to me, it says a lot about the album when the best song on it is an instrumental, and i cant believe dude above said lost tapes was a 6

Longbongcilvaringz
08-09-2005, 10:16 AM
black on both sides is the most over rated album ever

ha, u jokin. bobs is ill, thats fact.
most overrated album ever is blueprint for sure.

but anyway the NaS 1 hot labum every decade aint debatable as one cat said as It Was Written only marginally below the level of illmatic which makes it almost classic imo. not on the same level production wise for some tracks but definitely on the lyrical aspect.

Polocash7
08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
your tripping son, that album was classicCo signs. There are plenty LPs more overrated than BOBS

dns
08-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Nastradamus - 8/10 I know that most don't really fill this album because of it's commercial approach, but there are still some really good tracks on it. I LOVE "The Life We Chose" it's very well written in that it mirrors so much of what is going on today ... very EYE opening ... Project Window and Last Words are also ill as hell. Nas' metaphorical description of a jail cell was so on point. I also like Family, God loves Us and Quiet Niggas as well as The Prediction and The Outcome by Jessica Care Moore

Finally someone see's the light. I only hated Nastradamas, the single and the Hydro skit. Other than that Nastradamus would have got a 9 for me.

tical2000
08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
black on both sides is the most over rated album everMOS DEF's BLACK ON BOTH SIDES is a better album that STILLMATIC.........truth

and to all the NAS dick holders...........NASTRADAMAS blows.....it aint 8/10......no fuckin way, only a NAS dick holder would say this

Dae Ja Nae
08-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Nastradamus - 8/10 I know that most don't really fill this album because of it's commercial approach, but there are still some really good tracks on it. I LOVE "The Life We Chose" it's very well written in that it mirrors so much of what is going on today ... very EYE opening ... Project Window and Last Words are also ill as hell. Nas' metaphorical description of a jail cell was so on point. I also like Family, God loves Us and Quiet Niggas as well as The Prediction and The Outcome by Jessica Care Moore

Finally someone see's the light. I only hated Nastradamas, the single and the Hydro skit. Other than that Nastradamus would have got a 9 for me.
LMAO ... yes, that shit was awful as hell ... every time I hear it, I'm just like why Nas ... WHY ... lol ... it's just ridiculously pitiful.

Peace God

Dae Ja Nae
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
MOS DEF's BLACK ON BOTH SIDES is a better album that STILLMATIC.........truth

and to all the NAS dick holders...........NASTRADAMAS blows.....it aint 8/10......no fuckin way, only a NAS dick holder would say this
Well ... I'll hold his dick with pride :D ...

Peace

dns
08-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Blueprint is the overrated album.

Black On Both Side is the underrated album.
Speed Law, Got, New World Water, Climb (crazy), Mathematics, Mr.Nigga. Mos flow was unmatched on this album. May-December was an ill instrumental and closed the album nice.

08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Well ... I'll hold his dick with pride :D ...

Peace

:lmao:

If Nas woulda released what was his original vision then I think the album woulda been a classic

tical2000
08-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Blueprint is the overrated album.

Black On Both Side is the underrated album.
Speed Law, Got, New World Water, Climb (crazy), Mathematics, Mr.Nigga. Mos flow was unmatched on this album. May-December was an ill instrumental and closed the album nice.You are saying BLUEPRINT is the overated album???

the BLUEPRINT changed the rap game..........for the last 4 years every dude in hip hop has released albums that try to copy the KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE speed up soul samples........nobody in rap releases an album that does not have one of those speed up soul joints..........BLUEPRINT made KANYE and JUST BLAZE super producers, that everyone wants.....

I dont remember STILLMATIC changing the rap game at all.........BRAVEHEART PARTY was not exactly a earth shatterer........STILLAMTIC's production sounds mad dated and medicore.

I am a big NAS fan, I love ILLMATIC and IT WAS WRITTEN.......but STILLMATIC is the most overated album of all time........it does nto even compare to ILLMATIC or IT WAS WRITTEN, even GODS SON is better

Big Bad Man
08-09-2005, 03:01 PM
You are saying BLUEPRINT is the overated album???

the BLUEPRINT changed the rap game...............
HAHAHAHAHA! Into...???

Lets face it, Rap these days sucks like a hooker. Thank fuck the likes of Nas stuck around.

tical2000
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!So you are saying that after THE BLUEPRINT dropped, people did not going running after KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE????

dude since BLUPRINT dropped every mainstream fool has gone after that speed up soul sample sound for the last 4 years

that is the truth

PS and if you are going to quote me, quote my whole post

Big Bad Man
08-09-2005, 03:11 PM
So you are saying that after THE BLUEPRINT dropped, people did not going running after KANYE WEST and JUST BLAZE????

dude since BLUPRINT dropped every mainstream fool has gone after that speed up soul sample sound for the last 4 years

that is the truth

PS and if you are going to quote me, quote my whole post
Naw coz I only quote what Im talkin about. N I find it funny you hink the blueprint changed the rap game. IF it did, it made it more commercial. True.

tical2000
08-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Naw coz I only quote what Im talkin about. N I find it funny you hink the blueprint changed the rap game. IF it did, it made it more commercial. True.To be honest, as far as mainstream rap goes in the 2000's, I dont find THE BLUEPRINT to be that commercial, especailly for a JAY-Z album.........like it was just
JAY-Z, no guest appearences besides one with EMINEM, no Fuckin RnB crossover joints, not to club sounding, mostly just JAY with a unified soul sound (rare for modern hip hop releases).......I think it is one of JAY-Z's least commercial soudiing efforts......like it was basically straight up hip hop.

I would say BLUEPRINT 2, THE DYNASTY, VOL 3, and VOl 2 have more of a commercial polish than BLUEPRINT

I do agree with you that RAP DOES SUCK LIKE A HOOKER in the 2000's

dns
08-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Tical I heard better raw soul sampling from Pete Rock, RZA, Premier, Beatminerz. Kanye sound is too polished for me. Stillmatic still have great replay value for me, whereas Blueprint didn't hold up for me.

tical2000
08-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Tical I heard better raw soul sampling from Pete Rock, RZA, Premier, Beatminerz. Kanye sound is too polished for me. Stillmatic still have great replay value for me, whereas Blueprint didn't hold up for me.I agree RZA, PREMO, PETE ROCK made better beats.......

but you cannot deny that JAY-Z' BLUPRINT popularized this sound in 2001.......like everyone from DIPSET, FAT JOE, JADAKISS, G-UNIT, or any other east coast rapper have been using this sound since JAY dropped the BLUPRINT, like it or not it was a very influencial album.....that cannot be denied

reptile
08-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Illmatic- 9
It Was Written- 10
I Am- 8
Nostradomus- 7
Stillmatic- 9
Lost Tapes- 9
God's Son- 9
Streets Disciple- 7

Polocash7
08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
I agree RZA, PREMO, PETE ROCK made better beats.......

but you cannot deny that JAY-Z' BLUPRINT popularized this sound in 2001.......like everyone from DIPSET, FAT JOE, JADAKISS, G-UNIT, or any other east coast rapper have been using this sound since JAY dropped the BLUPRINT, like it or not it was a very influencial album.....that cannot be deniedI agree that commerical cats have been trying to copy that LP. The funny thing is Kanye wasn't even making those beats 4 Jay. Kanye was inspired by Supreme Clientele and had Ghost in mind 4 those beats.