PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rock NY's Finest

bad boy T
12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
NY's Finest is an upcoming album by hip-hop producer Pete Rock. The album will be Rock's first studio album since 2004's Soul Survivor II and is currently expected to be released in January 2008 through the Nature Sounds label.

While details are scarce, Rock has previewed three tracks already, including the single "914", featuring Lox members Styles P and Sheek Louch, and its B-side "The PJs" (featuring Wu-Tang Clan members Raekwon and Masta Killa). A third track, "Gangsta Boogie" featuring Slum Village, has also been leaked onto the internet.

As with previous albums, the album will have an abundance of guest artists, and Rock has expressed interest in collaborating with rappers such as Papoose, Method Man, Redman, Fat Joe, D-Block, Lupe Fiasco, Slum Village, MF DOOM, Jim Jones, Raekwon, Masta Killa, Cappadonna & Ghostface Killah. Rock also confirmed he will be rapping on 5 songs, while the rest will feature guest MCs he has already worked with in the past.

Confirmed songs
All tracks produced by Pete Rock.
"The PJ's"
Featuring Raekwon & Masta Killa
"914"
Featuring Styles P & Sheek Louch
"Gangsta Boogie"
Featuring Slum Village
"We Roll"
Featuring Jim Jones & Max B
"Best Believe"
Featuring Redman
"'Till I Retire"
"Bring Y'all Back"
Featuring Joe Scudda & Little Brother
"Comprehend"
Featuring Papoose

CharlesJones
12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
LOL@Fat Joe and Jim Jones are on the album hahahahahahahahahaha. I wouldn't laugh at Fat Joe if his music was still underground but he decided to not do New York music anymore and he's on the south rappers dicks so fuck his fat ass. I'll check out the Pete Rock album even though i didn't like Soul Survivor part 2. Pete needs to tell CL Smooth that his solo music sucks without Pete hooking him up with beats LOL.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
this might get copped but you can't put a jum jones, a max b and expect be taken seriously

DUMBO
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
LOL@Fat Joe and Jim Jones are on the album hahahahahahahahahaha. I wouldn't laugh at Fat Joe if his music was still underground but he decided to not do New York music anymore and he's on the south rappers dicks so fuck his fat ass. I'll check out the Pete Rock album even though i didn't like Soul Survivor part 2. Pete needs to tell CL Smooth that his solo music sucks without Pete hooking him up with beats LOL.

cl's album is not that bad. and both have suffered outside of the group.

Jin10304
12-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Fat Joe def aint on this project, Pete even listed the people that are on the album in an interview I believe with HHG. ALL those joints are ill, especially Gangsta Boogie, and what lil I heard of Comprehend with Papoose was my favorite.

DoItAll & Mr. Funke [Lords Of The Underground], Jim Jones & Max [Dipset], Little Brother [Returning From SS2], Royal Flush, Red Cafe, Slum Village [Returning From SS2], Redman, Styles P & Sheek Louch [The LOX], Raekwon & Masta Killa [Wu-Tang Clan, Raekwon Returning From SS1], Papoose, Chip-Fu [Fu-Schnikens], DJ Doo Wop, Rene [RNB Singer From Zhane], Roc Marciano [The U.N.] & Rell [RNB Singer From Rocafella]

claaa7
12-15-2007, 04:19 PM
All the tracks i've heard from the album are dope as fuck, i wasn't feeling SS2 but these cuts have a lot more street feeling to them. Pete Rock is one of the illest behind the boards ever!