PDA

View Full Version : Predictably we move on...

LHX
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
we live in a place where changes do not get made

we dont make decisions here - we only react to situations

the main hobby of men in developed countries is either to 'win' the property race or be stimulated

the property race has long since been determined as a waste of time

the need for external stimulation has long since been determined as a sign of self destruction

but we will never change these things

these are not habits - these are patterns of movement

they are paths that man is attached to much the same way as a train is attached to its track

and what does it take for a train to be taken off its track?

hmm

a collision?
the bridge is out?
a earthquake?
tornado?
no more fuel?

or maybe worst of all:

the day that comes when trains are no longer needed because there is a new technology in place

and the trains get left behind to rust and rot

if you got lost on that extended metaphor - you should stop reading now

who put you on the track you are on?

most directly it was your parents / guardians

secondarily - it was the social context you grew up in
- what you were taught in school
- what was broadcast through the airwaves

third it is your life experience

the problem is - the only legitimate learning circumstance is the last one

a lot of times in developed societies you are encouraged not to have that life experience

by who?
well - likely your parents and teachers

(*note that you cant really pin any blame on them either because they only really did what they could with what they were taught by their parents and teachers - this is what gets perpetuated from generation to generation)

when you are encouraged not to experience life - this is damaging

you become soft
ignorant
useless
old fashioned

you are the equivalent of a pair of air jordans in a place where people have the ability to fly and teleport

worst of all - you become generally scared

scared in a universe that was made to meet your every need

scared to die in a place where life is eternal

you become a walking contradiction

scared of pain when it is the only path toward healing

so im not really criticizing anybody - as i said at the beginning - its pretty predictable

it would be irresponsible of me at this point to act as though i would expect anybody to do anything other than continue doing what they are doing

what im telling you is this:

until some fucked up shit happens to you specifically - you are not going to change your ways

on a larger scale - until some seriously fucked up shit happens on this planet - this place is going to keep going the way its going

occasionally - people are able to elevate themselves to the point where they can see these patterns of movement for what they are and make a decision to switch their path

- in the train metaphor - the train can say 'fuck the track'
- strap on some wings and get some high-octane fuel - take to the skies

if you feel you need to make changes in your life - you are probably right

there are a couple of ways to look at it:

1. what you have in front of you is a opportunity to take it upon yourself to force a change
or
2. keep doing what you are doing until you are forced to change by something bigger than you

(looking at it closely tho - you might determine that those two are one and the same)

i havent posted in a while

rarely correct but always on point

Koolish
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
you can not change the past that influenced you, but you can change the future that carries you.

LHX
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
can you?

or is it something that you have to synchronize yourself with?

can a fish shift the momentum of ocean tides?

LORD NOSE
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
about time - with that said, and i'm applying everything you wrote to myself,major change is on its way.

how are swords made though

heating and cooling

you heat it up,bang it out

then you cool it

and repeat this process all over again

a few times

you cannot expect the sun to shine on earth and its inhabitants 24-7

is it impossible for fire and water to come through the same faucet ?

is the sun really floating in some form of water ?

changes are made but are not always displayed

and how can you understand a change that has happened somewhere else
you've never been ?

we judge our parents harshly at our young age - and its only until we become parents we understand the changes and hard times they had to experience maintaining our existence

begongo
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
i co-sign with both

too bad in most cases the ones that stick to the track they were programmed never realise their life was useless and fucked up shit don`t happen to them to change their ways

in this part of earth, where I live, people tend to be very conservative and never bother to rethink the normal
people indeed look at me as a derailed (sticking to the train metaphor) person because: I don't follow a religion, I changed my name, I am not a patriot, I intend to leave the country, etc ... some even think I'm gay because I got long hair and have both my ears pierced
my teenage years have been really troubled because I said "fuck the track" and followed my own ways, but time has passed and now I am pretty confident that most of the problems will end soon

LORD NOSE
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
i co-sign with both

too bad in most cases the ones that stick to the track they were programmed never realise their life was useless and fucked up shit don`t happen to them to change their ways

in this part of earth, where I live, people tend to be very conservative and never bother to rethink the normal
people indeed look at me as a derailed (sticking to the train metaphor) person because: I don't follow a religion, I changed my name, I am not a patriot, I intend to leave the country, etc ... some even think I'm gay because I got long hair and have both my ears pierced
my teenage years have been really troubled because I said "fuck the track" and followed my own ways, but time has passed and now I am pretty confident that most of the problems will end soon

i feel what you are saying as a fellow outcast and misfit misunderstood by the community and family who often ask me to change my ways so that i can be happy in a world on its way to hell fire - they want me to fit in the program - how do you handle this ?

diggy
12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Most don't have the foresight or wisdom to change before they are forced to. This is a common lack of traits that keeps the world fucked up. People are mostly concerned for their own lives cuz they have a selfish perspective and don't see or care about the bigger picture.

They really don't like change in my opinion, even though they don't like their present situation. They are afraid. Change requires them to think and adapt and is uncertain.

In general though, when bodies start to pile up from some catastophy, is when humans decide to change. Most are reactive instead of proactive. In is a shame that some humans think they are the highest species of mammals, some if not most, are mere cattle.

begongo
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
yes, the family factor is very difficult to handle indeed
it took my parents many years to understand that I can't fit to the standards ... when they tried to force me to conform, they could see with the naked eye that they were simply destroying me ... I had major depression, took all kinds of pills (as sedatives, anti-depressives, etc), had trouble at school, had panic attacks (not knowing where I was and shit) and ended with professional counseling from a therapist
finally they realized there's no chance for me to achieve my goals by fitting to the norm, they apologized and I forgave them ... now I think they kinda trust me that I have the power to succeed with non-pattern ways ... they want me to be happy and support my decision to leave
Sunny how do you handle your family?
how do the rest of you manage it?

LORD NOSE
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Sunny how do you handle your family?
how do the rest of you manage it?

for some, i was fortunate enough to be able to influence family and friends later on - but i had to be very very patient/tolerant and i had to keep a deep understanding and unconditional love for them - despite how they treated me - allot of them are now experiencing in their old age what i was trying to show them as a teen - but unfortunately, they are still too proud to ask questions - they wanna try to show me what i have shown them like if i'm oblivious to the teachings - its amusing sometimes - but frustrating most of the time - but i never give up - thats how i handle it -

Koolish
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
can you?

or is it something that you have to synchronize yourself with?

can a fish shift the momentum of ocean tides?
issue of free will. i believe that our past does not bind us to a certain future.

animals are a different story, they're more instinct based.

Os3y3ris
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Man, sometimes you've got to just stop the train, get out, and walk.