PDA

View Full Version : The likes of Soulja Boy, Birdman etc are not hip-hop and should not be labelled as so

Durag
12-19-2007, 04:52 AM
I see so many people here catchin fellins and getting all worked up over the likes of Soulja Boy, Birdman etc, and its coz they say itís the bottom of the barrel hip-hop, and how its destroyin the genre. But this shit aint hip-hop! Its crunk music, their not tryin to be hip-hop, or to be the next Rakim or Nas, their doin their own thing. The reason they get so much hate from hip-hop fans its because we label them as hip-hop, and by doing so we expect all the usual qualities from them, and there not their, because their not important to them.

When we look at hip-hop, we see the lyrical wizardry or Rakim or Nas, the flawless flow of Kool G. Rap or Big Pun, the social awearness of Chuck D or Talib Kweli etc etc, and when we label the likes of Soulja Boy hip-hop, we expect at least some of these qualities, but there not there, so we say its shit. How do we know that what makes a song like this good, isnít what makes a traditional hip-hop song good, and instead its how catchy the tune is, how much you can dance to it, lyrics been so bad their good?

Take minimalist techno for example. It sounds utter shit, but techno fans say its genius. If these Ďrappersí were just labeled as crunk music, and never associated with hip-hop, they could be judged more fairley. Donít get me wrong, I dislike Soulja Boy and Birdman just as much as everyone else, but in the same way I dislike pop music, not in the same way I dislike 50 Cent. They donít bother me coz I donít consider them hip-hop.

Thoughts? Anyone agree?

begongo
12-19-2007, 05:26 AM
I agree, I've been saying this for years

TGambino
12-19-2007, 07:40 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2001819576783355739_rs.jpg

Longbongcilvaringz
12-19-2007, 07:59 AM
^sorry, no lols for that champ.

i guess it is kind of pop, but pop can be any music.

people who worry about genres are usually wasting their time

Durag
12-19-2007, 08:04 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2001819576783355739_rs.jpg

By any chance, is this you?
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Tauro02/fm_hands.jpg
Nerd...

Max Munch
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I consider those fools POP-Rappers.. they have little to no association with true Hip Hop culture.

Paranoid
12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
birdman is far from being anything special...but i wouldnt compare him to soulja boy.

ilzPotent
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
My bitching and Moaning unlike yours, because I know it isn't hip hop, is that how can they get away with repeating the same thing over and over and over, and over and over and over and over again.

Dirty Knowledge
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
If you're getting worked up over the fact that they getting money and don't say what you think they should say -- you got issues. Each one, teach one, don't rely on rappers, atheletes, teachers, bus drivers to raise your kids.

TGambino
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
smh @ ppl catching feelings so hard its only music

SickSide
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Word

I was reading some Soulja Boy lyrics someone on here posted and they really are retarded, like a 10 year old would write, thats probaly an insult to 10 year olds

crds
12-19-2007, 03:56 PM
It can be Crunk, Snap, Snip, Snop or whatever, bottom line is, it is shit and I can't understand how people can enjoy it and support it...that's why it is shit, there is no skill in being a retarded loser that writes his name on his sunglasses, and makes shitty beats in 10 minutes on his fucking Fruity Loops.

You are right it is NOT Hip Hop and real heads know the deal, but I have faith that the wackness will die out, I mean Lil' Jon was everywhere a few years ago...remember?.

Dirty Knowledge
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
New York and the Bronx was doing all that fly shit before the South.. so don't get it fucked up. All the big gold chains and the baggy clothes and all that fly pimped out shit? Those club tracks, flossing tracks..That's New York.. so be mad at the originators don't get mad at the imitators.

crds
12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Word

I was reading some Soulja Boy lyrics someone on here posted and they really are retarded, like a 10 year old would write, thats probaly an insult to 10 year olds

...or an un-educated gimp

[Verse 1:]
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]
I'm Bouncin On My Toe
Watch Me Super Soak Dat Hoe
I'ma Pass It To Arab
Then He Gon Pass It To The Low (Low)
Haterz Wanna Be Me
Soulja Boy, I'm The Man
They Be Lookin At My Neck
Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)
Dance (Dance)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That Shit Was Ugly

Girl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat
Girl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat
Gurl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Gurl Shake
Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat

Gurl Shake Dat Bootymeat All Up On Me Soulja Boy
Up In This Thang Cum An Hang Wit Me Im Ya H Boom Coon Champaign Wit Me
Take A Bubble Bath Cum An Switch Lanes Wit Me Im Da #1 Stunna Let Me See What
You Got Im The Baller Round Town Let Me See How You Pop
Im Ya Gurl Best Friend Let Me See How You Hop
Put That Thang In The Air Then Make It Drop

[Chorus]

Gurl B Double O-T-Y-M-E A T You Know It Dats Dat Bootymeat
I Got A Car Full Of Girls And We Makin A Creep
Soulja Boy Up In This Thang Puttin Shawty To Sleep
Im Ready For Wateva If You Know Wat I Mean
Come Hur Lil Shawty You Dat Bootymeat Queen
Bootymeat In My Face Even When I B Talkin
All Da Gurls Love Me And Dey Straight Up B Stalkin

[Chorus]

[Verse 3:]
Gurl Well I Guess Its My Time Im Bout To Steal Da Show Soulja Boy 2006 An You Already
Know Im Bout To Hit Da Spot And Im Ready To Go Hole Bunch Of Fine Gurlz
Dey Form Head To Toe Im Ya H Boom Coon Like I Said Before
Let Me See You Turn Around Just Like A Pro Shake It For Me Shawty Till You

CharlesJones
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
LOL@CRDS saying there's no skill in being a retarded loser and writing your name on your sunglasses hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Is that what Soulja Boy did? I believe wack rappers will fade away too. Look at how popular Nelly and Ja Rule were when they came out. Now nobody listens to them anymore except their loyal fans. LOL@Nelly's new song hahahahahahahahahaha. I saw his shitty new video a few weeks ago. Why the fuck is Nelly doing this corny shit now? I ain't gonna front. When Country Grammer song first came out, i was liking that. His first album is decent. Every album he's done after his first has been wack. LOL@Nelly naming his last album Sweat Suit hahahahahahahahahaha. That's a gay album title.

Dirty Knowledge
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
To be honest I think people like the song for the beat and his rhythm on the track.. it ain't even about the lyrics on a song like this so why even bother ^^^^

crds
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
New York and the Bronx was doing all that fly shit before the South.. so don't get it fucked up. All the big gold chains and the baggy clothes and all that fly pimped out shit? Those club tracks, flossing tracks..That's New York.. so be mad at the originators don't get mad at the imitators.

Yes you are right, but the difference is that the music was dope and creativity and skill went into it, Just Ice was rocking ice grills in his teeth, but you didn't hear him making bullshit songs about "Booty Meat", this is what I don't understand, who and what are Soulja Boys influences to make such wack shit?, New York styles...NO, LA was flossier before New York so...

CharlesJones
12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
LOL@those Soulja Boy lyrics CRDS posted hahahahahahahahahahaha. If you think he's terrible, you should peep Crunchy Black who used to be with Three 6 Mafia. I think he's worst than Soulja Boy but at least i can stand Crunchy Black because his lyrics are always about crime and his lyrics always make me laugh. I gotta peep his solo album. E-40 is terrible too but i can stand him better than Soulja Boy.

TGambino
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL@those Soulja Boy lyrics CRDS posted hahahahahahahahahahaha. If you think he's terrible, you should peep Crunchy Black who used to be with Three 6 Mafia. I think he's worst than Soulja Boy but at least i can stand Crunchy Black because his lyrics are always about crime and his lyrics always make me laugh. I gotta peep his solo album. E-40 is terrible too but i can stand him better than Soulja Boy.
gtfoh CB is top 10 DOA he is one of the realist niggas in the game. u mad cus Crunchy Blac got a Oscar an u dont??

http://i18.tinypic.com/6ly1h6a.jpg

his verse on Poppin My Collar shut down the entire 2nd half that year

[Crunchy Blac]
She's just another hoe that I met in the hood (in the hood)
I told her I was Crunchy Black and it was all good (all good)
She might as well go on head and suck on my wood (on my wood)
And let me whisper something in her ear if I could (freak bitch!!)

Crunchface Killah > the entire Def Jam roster

Nick Fury
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I consider those fools POP-Rappers.. they have little to no association with true Hip Hop culture.

nuff said

11th Chamber
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM
birdman is far from being anything special...but i wouldnt compare him to soulja boy.

word, he accually had to work to get to where he is

LORD ZERO
12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
gtfoh CB is top 10 DOA he is one of the realist niggas in the game. u mad cus Crunchy Blac got a Oscar an u dont??

http://i18.tinypic.com/6ly1h6a.jpg

his verse on Poppin My Collar shut down the entire 2nd half that year

[Crunchy Blac]
She's just another hoe that I met in the hood (in the hood)
I told her I was Crunchy Black and it was all good (all good)
She might as well go on head and suck on my wood (on my wood)
And let me whisper something in her ear if I could (freak bitch!!)

Crunchface Killah > the entire Def Jam roster

please tell me that wasnt a serious post lol
you HAD to be joking lol

Paranoid
12-19-2007, 05:55 PM
word, he accually had to work to get to where he is

yea but i meant because he is somewhat lyrical...soulja boy is a joke.

wuswordz95
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I see so many people here catchin fellins and getting all worked up over the likes of Soulja Boy, Birdman etc, and its coz they say itís the bottom of the barrel hip-hop, and how its destroyin the genre. But this shit aint hip-hop! Its crunk music, their not tryin to be hip-hop, or to be the next Rakim or Nas, their doin their own thing. The reason they get so much hate from hip-hop fans its because we label them as hip-hop, and by doing so we expect all the usual qualities from them, and there not their, because their not important to them.

When we look at hip-hop, we see the lyrical wizardry or Rakim or Nas, the flawless flow of Kool G. Rap or Big Pun, the social awearness of Chuck D or Talib Kweli etc etc, and when we label the likes of Soulja Boy hip-hop, we expect at least some of these qualities, but there not there, so we say its shit. How do we know that what makes a song like this good, isnít what makes a traditional hip-hop song good, and instead its how catchy the tune is, how much you can dance to it, lyrics been so bad their good?

Take minimalist techno for example. It sounds utter shit, but techno fans say its genius. If these Ďrappersí were just labeled as crunk music, and never associated with hip-hop, they could be judged more fairley. Donít get me wrong, I dislike Soulja Boy and Birdman just as much as everyone else, but in the same way I dislike pop music, not in the same way I dislike 50 Cent. They donít bother me coz I donít consider them hip-hop.

Thoughts? Anyone agree?

ahh manyer like a savior. everything you say is right. thats crunk not hip hop. if only the gay radio stations and mtv bet vh1 would stop calling it hip hop.

wuswordz95
12-19-2007, 06:02 PM

cosign only a fag would disagree with you

wuswordz95
12-19-2007, 06:05 PM
By any chance, is this you?
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Tauro02/fm_hands.jpg
Nerd...

haha classic somebody got owned

Durag
12-20-2007, 04:23 AM
...or an un-educated gimp

Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

[Chorus x2]

I'm Bouncin On My Toe
Watch Me Super Soak Dat Hoe
I'ma Pass It To Arab
Then He Gon Pass It To The Low (Low)
Haterz Wanna Be Me
Soulja Boy, I'm The Man
They Be Lookin At My Neck
Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)
Dance (Dance)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That Shit Was Ugly

Girl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat
Girl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat
Gurl Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Shake Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Gurl Shake
Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat Dat Bootymeat

Gurl Shake Dat Bootymeat All Up On Me Soulja Boy
Up In This Thang Cum An Hang Wit Me Im Ya H Boom Coon Champaign Wit Me
Take A Bubble Bath Cum An Switch Lanes Wit Me Im Da #1 Stunna Let Me See What
You Got Im The Baller Round Town Let Me See How You Pop
Im Ya Gurl Best Friend Let Me See How You Hop
Put That Thang In The Air Then Make It Drop

[Chorus]

Gurl B Double O-T-Y-M-E A T You Know It Dats Dat Bootymeat
I Got A Car Full Of Girls And We Makin A Creep
Soulja Boy Up In This Thang Puttin Shawty To Sleep
Im Ready For Wateva If You Know Wat I Mean
Come Hur Lil Shawty You Dat Bootymeat Queen
Bootymeat In My Face Even When I B Talkin
All Da Gurls Love Me And Dey Straight Up B Stalkin

[Chorus]

[Verse 3:]
Gurl Well I Guess Its My Time Im Bout To Steal Da Show Soulja Boy 2006 An You Already
Know Im Bout To Hit Da Spot And Im Ready To Go Hole Bunch Of Fine Gurlz
Dey Form Head To Toe Im Ya H Boom Coon Like I Said Before
Let Me See You Turn Around Just Like A Pro Shake It For Me Shawty Till You

Haha! That always makes me laugh!. But them 50 Cent and Eminem verses from 'Peepshow' are just as bad, and those two claim to be hip-hop

TGambino
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Birdman probably the worst rapper ever (soulja boy n other ringtone rappers dont count) but he got mad cool songs n his Big Tymers joints are hood classics mainly jus cuz Mannie Fresh is dat nigga tho

m peroid fresh comma yo wife is my baby momma :dududu:

TGambino
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
please tell me that wasnt a serious post lol
you HAD to be joking lol
damn yall out of the loop as hell if u aint up on the crunchy blac jokes lol his wikipedia page used 2 make him sound like malcom x

King Callabah
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
i still wonder how in the fuck souljah boy is even labelled as music full stop....

CherChezLaMarauder
12-20-2007, 04:08 PM
New genre: Crunk Music

agreed

DUMBO
12-20-2007, 05:11 PM
what don't you bullies leave them alone?

TheMASSIVE
12-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Hip-Hop heads know this shit aint Hip-Hop, just mutated clone brainwash rap. I've never met any of these half-assed so called Hip-Hop artists so what I want to know is... Do these garbage ass rappers really think they are Hip-Hop? Or do they just accept that title because they want a "Hip-Hop Award", and tv and radio programming are looking for so called "Hip-Hop"? I mean, they have to know the difference, right? Soulja Boy, D4L, etc... They must be aware that they are just bubble-gum gimmicks and aren't Hip-Hop artists... Right?

TGambino
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Hip-Hop heads know this shit aint Hip-Hop, just mutated clone brainwash rap. I've never met any of these half-assed so called Hip-Hop artists so what I want to know is... Do these garbage ass rappers really think they are Hip-Hop? Or do they just accept that title because they want a "Hip-Hop Award", and tv and radio programming are looking for so called "Hip-Hop"? I mean, they have to know the difference, right? Soulja Boy, D4L, etc... They must be aware that they are just bubble-gum gimmicks and aren't Hip-Hop artists... Right?
of course they know theyre bubble gum gimmick lol did any of u read that interview where Chingy said he grew up listning to Rae and Ghost? or the one with D4L said they have too much respect for Rae and Ghost to talk about them after Ghost was constantly sonning them even in their hometown?

i dont like any of them but i aint gonna hate on them, i applaud em as black men gettin their money the legal way and makin enough money to support their families the right way, i jus dont listen to any of their songs lol it aint my cup of tea but to each his own other ppl do like it

Longbongcilvaringz
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
smh @ tgambino getting so mad because his not getting net lolz.

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-20-2007, 07:02 PM
The thing is, I don't have a problem at all with club music, 'cause I don't wanna be listining to lyrical shit like Wu-Tang or other shit when I'm at a party. But the thing is to me is that club music should STAY IN THE CLUB! We need more positive songs and such on the radio, not songs that talk 'bout supermaning hoe's and talk about how much money they got.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM

agreed

TGambino
12-20-2007, 07:44 PM
The thing is, I don't have a problem at all with club music, 'cause I don't wanna be listining to lyrical shit like Wu-Tang or other shit when I'm at a party. But the thing is to me is that club music should STAY IN THE CLUB! We need more positive songs and such on the radio, not songs that talk 'bout supermaning hoe's and talk about how much money they got.
yea its important 2 have a balance

TSA
12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
There's balance, and their fucking corny.

a lot of this shit is just fucking Corny.

look at Wreck N Effect Rumpshaker...PERFECT balance, shit was fly, you could dance to it, it was fun, and wasn't geared for 12 yr old girls.

Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty By Nature

Ice Cream by Wu-tang.

i have no problem with Soulja boy, he's a little kid making music for little kids that adults happen to like, people have fun with his music, it makes people happy, and a young black man is getting rich of white people trying to dance..so it's all good.

im not going to consider it another genre though, it's rap, period.

I'm just going to classify it under "songs that aren't my style" and move on with my life because it will never be as deep as the internet forum champions want it to be.

SL33
12-21-2007, 10:26 AM
crunk is 4 faggots

KaramelSundae
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Damn souljah boy is a disgrace to music period.

Come Honor Face
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I find it hard to take anyone who actually purchases an album from a rapper like this serious. If you dance to it in the club, that's cool. Anyone who actually buys it though, I gotta question your intelligence, or at least your motivation to become more intelligent. Anyone who don't seek intelligence everyday is a waste of human life in a way. I can't tell you how many people (who listen to this pop rap shit) i've played Wu Tang for, and they say shit like, "what does this or that mean" When I tell them, instead of being appreciative of the knowledge they just recieved, they are bothered by the process of having to think. Shit is just sad! The percentage of people (especially here in the U.S.) who are just stupid (and perfectly fine with being stupid) is really amazing if you think, about it. Ignorant people like nursery rhyme rap, and that's what Soulja Boy gives them.

IrOnMaN
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
"They're R&B rap boys"-by GZA/Genius

ShaolinDarts
12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
he is hip hop

IrOnMaN
12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
he is hip hop

No, he is not. He's an R&B rap boy. There's a BIG difference b/w a real hip-hop artist and someone that is an R&B rapper.

TGambino
12-21-2007, 01:26 PM
No, he is not. He's an R&B rap boy. There's a BIG difference b/w a real hip-hop artist and someone that is an R&B rapper.
birdman makes R&B? lmao closest i ever heard him do a girl song is that joint off the Big Tymers album called Gangsta Girl

TheMASSIVE
12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
of course they know theyre bubble gum gimmick lol did any of u read that interview where Chingy said he grew up listning to Rae and Ghost? or the one with D4L said they have too much respect for Rae and Ghost to talk about them after Ghost was constantly sonning them even in their hometown?

Interesting, I never knew they even responded to the whole Ghost calling them out on stage thing. I would like to see that shit on YouTube or something. Did you read this in interviews?

IrOnMaN
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
birdman makes R&B? lmao closest i ever heard him do a girl song is that joint off the Big Tymers album called Gangsta Girl

OMG! I'm not talking about "Rhythim & Blues". I'm talking about "Rap & Bullshit". If you listen to Wu-Tang's "Forever" second CD intro, you'll understand what they mean by R&B rap. It has nothing to do with singing. If that was the case, ODB would be one, but he is not.

ShaolinDarts
12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Nope its definately hip hop

crds
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
LOL@CRDS saying there's no skill in being a retarded loser and writing your name on your sunglasses hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Is that what Soulja Boy did? I believe wack rappers will fade away too. Look at how popular Nelly and Ja Rule were when they came out. Now nobody listens to them anymore except their loyal fans. LOL@Nelly's new song hahahahahahahahahaha. I saw his shitty new video a few weeks ago. Why the fuck is Nelly doing this corny shit now? I ain't gonna front. When Country Grammer song first came out, i was liking that. His first album is decent. Every album he's done after his first has been wack. LOL@Nelly naming his last album Sweat Suit hahahahahahahahahaha. That's a gay album title.

Can you say wack faggot?

http://www.missxpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/soulja.jpg
http://www.discobelle.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/soulja.jpg

IrOnMaN
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Nope its definately hip hop

No, it is not.

TGambino
12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
OMG! I'm not talking about "Rhythim & Blues". I'm talking about "Rap & Bullshit". If you listen to Wu-Tang's "Forever" second CD intro, you'll understand what they mean by R&B rap. It has nothing to do with singing. If that was the case, ODB would be one, but he is not.
.......... someone close this thread

fortyglock
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Why make all this fuss if y'all know their music ain't real hip hop. Just LET the trl teeny boppers get all wild n wet over soulja boy, n we'll stick with our real hip hop!

END OF THREAD

ShaolinDarts
12-22-2007, 03:17 AM
No, it is not.

Yes it is. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there should be a new genre invented to declassify it from hip hop to somthing else.

Soulja boy et al are all part of the same socio culture and that culture is known as hip hop.

begongo
12-22-2007, 03:52 AM
brothers check this thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47922

Due to their lack of knowledge about the whole of Hip Hop culture, many of our world's youth are mistaken in thinking that activities such as: smoking blunts, drinking 40's, wearing a designer label plastered across their chest, carrying a gun, or going to strip clubs, are "Hip Hop". Hip Hop is being portrayed negatively by many artists who work in the element of Rap (emceeing), and this negativity is usually instigated and promoted by the record industry and various other corporations who exploit the culture at the expense of the youth's state of mind and morality. The Universal Zulu Nation believes there is a difference in speaking out about negativity (activism) and promoting it as a desirable lifestyle. Gangsters, pimps, playas, hustlers, niggers, spics, and many other derogatory words once used against us are now self employed in our everyday vocabulary. Our ancestors who have fought and died trying to free us from these sicknesses and slave mentality are probably turning over in their graves! Bambaataa asks you to just think about this, "How in the hell did we turn from gods to dogs?"

Afrika Bambaataa encourages you to do more research about our story, his/her-story, and what you think is your mystery is actually your history. Where are our Hip Hop thinkers, lawyers, holistic doctors, scientists, agriculturalists/herbalists, revolutionaries, politicians, judges, researchers, teachers, police, army, accountants, anthropologists, etc. Where is our own Hip Hop Museum? Many talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Many straight out sell-out to the liberation of our people as well as to all humans on the planet so called Earth! He also encourages you to do research on any Hip Hop organization that deals with consciousness and the upliftment of all people. To all those who purposely make up your own history and lie about the culture- DO YOUR RESEARCH!

not every chinese person is a shaolin
not every muslim is a terrorist
and not every "playa" is a hiphoppa

the only category that can be unanimously described is white people, they are all devils

HarlemDiplomat
12-22-2007, 07:24 AM
::yawn::

TSA
12-22-2007, 09:56 PM
i think they are like 3 or 4 different subgenres

lil jon type hit is crunk (hence the titles being king of crunk; and crunk juice to his cds)

d4l and dem franchize boys are snap music (snap yo fingers, lean wit it rock wit it)

and soulja boy is crank dat music (crank dat batman, 360, all the other gay dances that have been invented since it)

birdman i consider a rapper tho, just a really wack 1

TSA
12-22-2007, 11:35 PM
^i disagree

i think it's all rap, and just like any genre there's good songs, and bad songs

SL33
12-23-2007, 07:29 AM
i'll stick to Das EfX, Nas, IAM from Marseille and offcourse allmighty Wu-Tang Clan.

fuck that pop shit

TheMASSIVE
12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
LoL... Das EfX still rhyme?

DUMBO
12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
brothers check this thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47922

not every chinese person is a shaolin
not every muslim is a terrorist
and not every "playa" is a hiphoppa

the only category that can be unanimously described is white people, they are all devils

real talk.

xHard to Earnx
12-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Intelligent thread.