PDA

View Full Version : New Platform Hype

BornPower
12-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I really don't get all the hype over these new systems. The 360 is more of the same half-assed games (but they're so SHINY!) and the PS3 is trying to play catch up in a market they obviously don't understand anymore ($500 for an over priced dvd player? No thanks!). The Wii is a great step in a new direction but again, it's an idea that was poorly implemented (online? EVEN MORE mini-games? :thumbdwn:
On top of all this new games now cost $70 and I end up killin it over the weekend...

Jet Set
12-24-2007, 11:56 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/PlayStationConsole_bkg-transparent.png

BRONZBODY
12-24-2007, 04:44 PM
they not for everybody son

Dirty Knowledge
12-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Yo, anyone got any idea how low the PS3 price is dropping? I'ma wait till it's at least 250... something REASONABLE...c'mon..it's nothing more than a fucking oversized CD player.

BRONZBODY
12-24-2007, 04:56 PM
no time soon dirty

400 for a 40 gig isnt that bad

only 50 more than a pro 360

Bloo
12-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah, Bronz sumed it up for ya. You want a $250 PS3, you gonna have to wait until at least 2011.

As for the rest of the systems, you just gotta find which one suits your particular taste. Look outside the commercial games and peep one that you don't think you'd normally play and see if you can't broaden your spectrum. That's what you do with anything that seems stagnant. Either that or leave it alone.

pro.Graveface
12-26-2007, 02:34 PM
yo fuc a ps3 yo I aint buyin that sjit untill WU 2 droppin on it or AfroSamurai comin out on that sjit ya'll yo Im happy with my 360hehehe kuz NG2 droppin round march hopefully or wateva its exlusive hehehehe PEACE

TUCO
12-26-2007, 03:08 PM
i felt the same way bout the new consoles
but for wat its worth...we have no choice since all the last gen systems quickly discontinue further game development (PS2 is in its last stages....they jus waiting for the PS3 to finally kick off)
so i got myself a 360 and im happy with it....best console out there (Wii is fun and unique but the games aint much to talk about)

the problem i was having a couple months ago was there was too many quality games out....which is rare and never a bad thing but damn too much money and not enuff time

WARPATH
12-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I got a PS3 and a Wii.

If I had the money I'd get a 360 too.

I don't discriminate when it comes to gaming or pussy.

BornPower
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
It's startin to look like a 360 2008 4me tho... unless ps3 decides to knock sumthin off the sticker. All that for a bluray player I'm not gonna use? prolly can't even play my bootlegs...

Visionz
12-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Blu-Ray players alone, at their cheapest, around $250 bucks. The PS3 is gonna come with some sick titles in the very near future. Its not about where things are at now but where they're goin. MGS4 and GTA IV alone are gonna make it worth owning.

JRoll
12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
What dudes fail to realize is for the price you pay the PS3 is worth it. It's not an "oversized dvd player" thats just a shitty excuse because people dont wanna pay for shit anymore. And don't give me that bullshit about the PS3 has no games. It has lots of games, it just doesn't have games that YOU like. But for other people theres plenty of them. Have you noticed theres been not alot of problems with it? But almost every day you hear shit about xbox with red rings of death and discs that freeze, not to mention blueray can hold more shit than hd dvd. If the PS3 was 200 bucks all yall fuckers would have a PS3. Dont give me that shit about the system sucks. the system is fine. its just that you people dont wanna pay 600 bucks so you make excuses.

pro.Graveface
12-27-2007, 05:33 AM
ps3 can be hacked so thats oke an sony allwayz comin with da best asian games so that plus points but I say fuck ps3 kuz I dont ave da money for it hehehe but on a real ck out da new movies from NG2 ya'll be watermouthin hehehe PEACE

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/686/686645.html

pro.Graveface
12-27-2007, 05:35 AM
360 for Live I'll be kickin ass 208 ^^ ck da movie of da link for real ,for real like da quest of Naruto to be da best hokage ever hehehha PEACE Ya'll

TUCO
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
all good games for PS3 are out for the 360 also
hahaha @ PS3 owners

Origin™
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
all good games for PS3 are out for the 360 also
hahaha @ PS3 owners

Please show me when 360 is getting:

Metal Gear solid 4?
Gran Turismo 5?
Final Fantasy 13?
Final Fantasy 13 versus?
Tekken 6?
GoW 3?
Do I really need to go on?

Both systems are decent, I don't really understand all this crazy fan boy shit that goes down, Get a job and buy both systems.
Both have Alot of decent shit coming out in 08 and 09.

Can't wait to get Gears of War 2 when that shit hits the shops for real.

JRoll
12-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Please show me when 360 is getting:

Metal Gear solid 4?
Gran Turismo 5?
Final Fantasy 13?
Final Fantasy 13 versus?
Tekken 6?
GoW 3?
Do I really need to go on?

Both systems are decent, I don't really understand all this crazy fan boy shit that goes down, Get a job and buy both systems.
Both have Alot of decent shit coming out in 08 and 09.

Can't wait to get Gears of War 2 when that shit hits the shops for real.

and Killzone 2

Bloo
12-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Those games are gonna give the PS3 a lot of momentum in 2008, I still don't think it'll be enough for it to stop the 360 though...

THE W
12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Yo, anyone got any idea how low the PS3 price is dropping? I'ma wait till it's at least 250... something REASONABLE...c'mon..it's nothing more than a fucking oversized CD player.
by the time it gets down to that price they'll have the playstation 4 ready for launch and you'll get a version of the PS3 that has no DVD player.

there are really no games that i want to play so bad that i would go out and spend half a G for them. the price is most definately gonna have to come down.

zelda for the wii is also available for gamecube so no real need to go and buy a wii right now.

pro.Graveface
12-27-2007, 07:12 PM
common yall a 360 is a must upon a ps3 kuz of NinjaGaiden2 that sjit is rushin all that other sjit down da drain yo if I had a ps3 instead of a 360 , I would sell it and buy a 360 jus because of NG2 for real

Ink Is My Drink
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM
i recently got ps3 glad i got it aswell

Razorsharp
01-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Those games are gonna give the PS3 a lot of momentum in 2008, I still don't think it'll be enough for it to stop the 360 though...

and lets not forget "HOME" well hopefully itz promising... and free net :D

DJMethods
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Also peep Uncharted.. that shit is crazy

100pr00f
01-06-2008, 01:53 PM
all the systems have the pro's and cons

i got a 360..
360 is good for the titles but bad for the reliabilty in lasting...as in it could break down on u after a while
well the older 360's any way

the newer ones come with a diff prossecor witckeeps cooler and all that shit...
another 360 .uside is ...live..its the best

ps3

i think its a good price
blueray dvds and gaming= bigger and beter graffix .....in the near times ahead

down side the geames out right now...but thier will be a bunch hitting soon

anopther pro..ps3 dosn break down as much

the wii

pro..............its fun as hell whn ur playing with friends ..like when u have party...
my 2 lil cuz's have the wii ..i play with them all the time when i go over..and i have fun

the con...probly non if u view the wii as just a fun box...thinking about getting one soon for when peeps come over we could play

so all in all ....all systems are good..with thier own pro's and cons...on one self's opinion

ps3.......theater/gaming..............400/500
360......gaming/live....................350/450....another 160 for the hd dvd drive
wii.........fun/party gaming..........250/plus 100 for more contollers

so price between 360 and ps3 are pretty much the same

lets say u want the 360 pro with the hd dvd

350 +160 = 510
ps3 80 gig hhd= 500

both pretty much same price with the same kinda of wants...as in viewing highg def movies and gaming

i can see were some of the kids are comming from or peeps how dont have jobs the ons who do but cant afford to enjoy them selves as life comes first

60 $ a game is a lil to much for 360 but not for ps3
cuz its blue ray
it should be this

ps3 game.....60
360 game....50
wii game....40

JRoll
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm just pissed that as more consoles come out like in new generations the game prices will go up and next thing you know you'll be paying 100 bucks for a game and thats insane, I mean dvds are like 20.

100pr00f
01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
this is true..but look around u ...every thing is going up...
food , oil,

whats not...are daily wadges

JRoll
01-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah that's true.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-11-2008, 01:55 AM
MGS4 and GTA IV alone are gonna make it worth owning.

GTA IV is comming out at the same time on 360........:t

but 360 doesnt have the jackass game. dangit

NIGHT MAYOR
01-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Metal Gear solid 4 shit
Gran Turismo 5 shit
Final Fantasy 13 VERY shit
Final Fantasy 13 probaly shitter
Tekken 6 people still play fighting games ?
GoW 3 what the fuck is this ?

THE W
01-11-2008, 08:53 AM
i've yet to see graphics from any of these systems that dramatically improve upon the graphics of the sega dreamcast. that system was the last huge jump in home console graphics.

now its all about games because the graphics for all these systems are pretty much the same. no system is better than the other really. the system you choose depends on the games you want to play.

Origin™
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Metal Gear solid 4 shit
Gran Turismo 5 shit
Final Fantasy 13 VERY shit
Final Fantasy 13 probaly shitter
Tekken 6 people still play fighting games ?
GoW 3 what the fuck is this ?

To even post this goes to show you're not only a M$ Fan boy, But obviously have no idea what you're talking about... smh

SWAMP WATER
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM
It's startin to look like a 360 2008 4me tho... unless ps3 decides to knock sumthin off the sticker. All that for a bluray player I'm not gonna use? prolly can't even play my bootlegs...

Bootlegs play just fine on the 360.

SWAMP WATER
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Ps3 Sucks!

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
To even post this goes to show you're not only a M$ Fan boy, But obviously have no idea what you're talking about... smh

fuck off dont know what im talking about. tekken ? are you serious ? final fantasy ? i was being a smart ass but both those games can suck on a big fat one, they did'nt impress me before and they wont tomorrow, MG4 i will give you that - and oh yeah i am a M$ fan boi. PEACE

just shows you dont know who i am

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 01:07 AM
i've yet to see graphics from any of these systems that dramatically improve upon the graphics of the sega dreamcast. that system was the last huge jump in home console graphics.

now its all about games because the graphics for all these systems are pretty much the same. no system is better than the other really. the system you choose depends on the games you want to play.

you gotta admit tho - graphics dont make the game. :nonono:
name a realy great game on dreamcast.............

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:05 AM

Are you fucking kidding me. Great games on dreacast:
Omega 5
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. capcom 2
Ikaruga
Project Justice
Rersident Evil Code: Veronica
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Shenmue
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi
DOA 2
Skies of Arcadia
Mortal Kombat Gold

All these games originated on the Dreamcast then got ported over to other consoles. Besides the arcade hits.

I can go on, but why? The dreamcast failed simple because people wanted to buy a dvd player as well.

If the PS3 didnt have blue-ray, that shit would not be selling. Trust me. The dreacast had some of the best games ever made. There are still games being made for it. In Japan, not here. But, to each its own. And yes, great graphics dont make a great game. However, the dreamcast was ahead of its time.

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:09 AM
And fredy mech. Alot of people still play fighting games. Alot. So, calm down buddy. Ever heard of MLG. You probably never did.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Are you fucking kidding me. Great games on dreacast:
Omega 5
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. capcom 2
Ikaruga
Project Justice
Rersident Evil Code: Veronica
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Shenmue
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi
DOA 2
Skies of Arcadia
Mortal Kombat Gold

never herd of one of these games, seriously. dreamcast had a TINY dent in the aussie market, it was like the saturn, did fuck all. but your saying all those games are "GREAT" ? Phantasy star ? c'mon man

i guess it depends on your taste of games, a sonic game "great" ? and mortal kombat gold, haha, in MY opinion MK lost its greatness after #4, that 3d shit alienated its fans,

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:13 AM
ps3 can be hacked so thats oke an sony allwayz comin with da best asian games so that plus points but I say fuck ps3 kuz I dont ave da money for it hehehe but on a real ck out da new movies from NG2 ya'll be watermouthin hehehe PEACE

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/686/686645.html

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha asian games. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You mean imports. Like Japan, UK, China. Places like that right. You mean japanese games. asian is funny. I dont know why but it sounds ignorant.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:16 AM
And fredy mech. Alot of people still play fighting games.
yeah asians in arcades.

"woooha - take dat you sun of a bitch woooa"

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:23 AM
yeah asians in arcades.

"woooha - take dat you sun of a bitch woooa"

You're from australia. Ok, I see where you are coming on that tip. I am from the US. And alot of people play fighting games out here. At home, arcades died out here. However, You never heard of the games I mention on dreamcast is very sad. I am serious. You must have very little knowledge of games. Plus you have goro in your sig, and you think mk gold sucks, but you never played it, confused. Plus you never played the original versions of phantasy star online, or sonic adventure on the cast. Plus, you said you never heard of the games I mention but they suck. I dont know. I think you are ignorant and need to think before you write about games.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:29 AM
man i know the origin of the games, thats enough man, like i said - i rather the side version of MK, i have goro in my sig because i like #1 i can put money on me hating gold - soon as #4 hit the arcades i knew it was all down hill, i did'nt say all those games suck i noted the ones i had an idea on - and re-asked you if your SURE they were great games, seriously - i could'nt see how older versions of phantasy star were any better than the gay shit they put out now. and me having very little knowledge of games is bullshit. wake up and talk sence man. ive never had a problem with you and your taking uneducated shots at me - i guess - because i attacked your favourite console, but limited information on video games is not apart of my resume`

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:35 AM
And for the dreamcast I forgot to mention these. They have to be mention, these games also help push the gaming market to the next level:

Jet Grind Radio
REZ
D2
SF3: Third Strike
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Space Channel 5
DDR
Samba de Amigo
Grand Theft Auto 2
Seaman
Ready 2 Rumble
Ready 2 Rumble 2
Capcom vs. SNK

Dont forget the Gun arcade series.

House of the dead
Virtual Cop

I can go on. I am serious. I still play my Dreamcast. Plasma Sword. Shit I am tired.

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:43 AM
man i know the origin of the games, thats enough man, like i said - i rather the side version of MK, i have goro in my sig because i like #1 i can put money on me hating gold - soon as #4 hit the arcades i knew it was all down hill, i did'nt say all those games suck i noted the ones i had an idea on - and re-asked you if your SURE they were great games, seriously - i could'nt see how older versions of phantasy star were any better than the gay shit they put out now. and me having very little knowledge of games is bullshit. wake up and talk sence man. ive never had a problem with you and your taking uneducated shots at me - i guess - because i attacked your favourite console, but limited information on video games is not apart of my resume`

I only got on you cause you were shitting on the dreamcast and shitting on other people statements and opinions. Which is fine. You entitled to your opinion. But be true to yourself. You never heard of these games. You know nothing about these games and thats it. Period. I myself never played the latest mgs games, or ff. I find them boring but other people dont. So, I cant argue cause those games sell and they popular.

Oh by the way, its not side version of mk. Its the 2d version of mortal kombat. You see what I mean. Its frustrating when people say shit about games and say they have knowledge when you make an ignorant statement like that. How am I - a true gamer- supposed to react. And yes, older versions of phantasy star online do make a difference - know your role and shut your mouth.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:46 AM
You know nothing about these games and thats it. i know sonic is blue. nothing my ass.

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:49 AM
If you want man, I could name great games on the PS2, Cube, N64, XBOX, 360, PS3 (there is only 2 really good games by the way, despite what ya people can say). Shit I will go back to NES, SNES, GENESIS fuck that even further, Commodore 64, Caleco, Marty, Odyssey, Master System. Fucking game and watch, Pong. Seriously though, people on here please make educated assumptions. So, at least others can argue and disagree intelligently. Dont say random shit about games you think you know about.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:50 AM
5Qh2FvOPF9Y

looks like the mortal kombat AFTER ultimate kombat 3 - weapons and open arena's - you have confused my statements enough

Icurus
01-13-2008, 04:50 AM
i know sonic is blue. nothing my ass.

hahahaha, I give you that. That was funny.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:53 AM

thats how i started, what the fuck are you talking about, if your talking about the ps3 games i hated on i ADMITED i was joking around. fuck this im over it.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 04:57 AM
If you want man, I could name great games on the PS2, Cube, N64, XBOX, 360, PS3 (there is only 2 really good games by the way, despite what ya people can say). Shit I will go back to NES, SNES, GENESIS fuck that even further, Commodore 64, Caleco, Marty, Odyssey, Master System. Fucking game and watch, Pong. Seriously though, people on here please make educated assumptions. So, at least others can argue and disagree intelligently. Dont say random shit about games you think you know about.

same here, one of my favourite games EVER was desert/jungle/urban strike on the mega-drive (genesis in america) the freedom in that game was bullshit, i loved theme-park too, just because it was all up to you, no paths to follow - you just got to do the tasks yourself.

fredy mechs console history:
sega master system
nintendo (NES)
sega mega drive
super nintendo
nintendo 64
ps1
xbox
xbox 360

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2008, 05:00 AM
oh yeah and the original game boy which i still have WITH mortal kombat 2.

go back and check the posts, i never actualy shitted on a game, i did ask you if you thort they were great, but thats it. *last post on this stupid fucking topic*

THE W
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM

that was the whole point of the post you quoted. graphic dont matter, especially since these next gen systems havent shown a dramatic improvement upon them since dreamcast. at this point if you want better graphics, turn off your video game and go outside.

gameplay is whats its all about. tecmo superbowl can fuck with any football game made for these next gen systems

NIGHT MAYOR
01-14-2008, 12:41 AM
remember 'mutant league football' (and ice hockey came later) it was on genesis - that was the only american football game i got into, shit was crazy, you could kill the ref n shit, cheat, coolest game, i got the emu of it but playing old console games on keyboard just doesnt work with me :|

Ink Is My Drink
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
dam you lot are sad. fredy mech is probably winning at being the biggest loser

THE W
01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
remember 'mutant league football' (and ice hockey came later) it was on genesis - that was the only american football game i got into, shit was crazy, you could kill the ref n shit, cheat, coolest game, i got the emu of it but playing old console games on keyboard just doesnt work with me :|
heard of it but i never played it.

another sports game that was THE shit was "coach K" for the genesis. i liked how you could break the rim in that game.

J-Cee
01-15-2008, 12:42 AM
One of the Best games in my opinion is Fight Night..so im looking forward to a new Fight Night comin out on 360..and also GTA.