PDA

View Full Version : Remember James Brown

begongo
12-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I just wanted to make a James Brown appreciation thread, since tomorrow/today (25 December) we commemorate a year since he passed away.
Personally ... this is 100 times more important to me than Christmas.
If James Brown wouldn't have existed ... there would probably be no Hip Hop at all ... or at least not as we know it today ... it is because of James Brown's artistic expression that most of what defines me as a person exists ... and I want to think that it's also of a big importance in your life too.
Actually ... if it wasn't for James Brown, Wu-Tang wouldn't exist, this board wouldn't exist, and most of y`all would be totally different persons.
This is it.
Thank you James Brown, R.I.P.

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-24-2007, 04:57 PM
1.) this is 100 times more important to me than Christmas.

2.)Actually ... if it wasn't for James Brown, Wu-Tang wouldn't exist

3.)and most of y`all would be totally different persons.

Three wonderful examples of someone slowly becoming senile.

BRONZBODY
12-24-2007, 05:08 PM
...the only one i agree wit is number 2

jb was hip hop before hip hop was hip hop

SKAMPOE
12-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Co Sign

SID
12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Peace to James brown, the most soulfull dude that walked the earth, the original "michael jackson"................R.I.P

SickSide
12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Mans a legend, R.I.P

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-25-2007, 02:22 AM
R.I.P.

one of a kind soul, like O.D.B.

great respect

begongo
12-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Three wonderful examples of someone slowly becoming senile.
can you counter-argument any of the examples ?
1. I am not a christian, I just like celebrating like the pagans who originated this celebration did (eating, drinking, fucking, giving/receiving gifts ... these are all pagan habits that the romans used to do long time before christianity was installed)
2. Wu-Tang was a result of a Hip Hop context, and Hip Hop was the result of James Brown
3. If Hip Hop hasn't affected your way of thinking and your lifestyle, I wonder what are you doing on this board ?

It's all good, you call senile what`s beyond your understanding ... you`re not the first and not the last.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
12-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I just wanted to make a James Brown appreciation thread, since tomorrow/today (25 December) we commemorate a year since he passed away.
Personally ... this is 100 times more important to me than Christmas.
If James Brown wouldn't have existed ... there would probably be no Hip Hop at all ... or at least not as we know it today ... it is because of James Brown's artistic expression that most of what defines me as a person exists ... and I want to think that it's also of a big importance in your life too.
Actually ... if it wasn't for James Brown, Wu-Tang wouldn't exist, this board wouldn't exist, and most of y`all would be totally different persons.
This is it.
Thank you James Brown, R.I.P.

This is the most retarded thread of the year !!If it wasn't for God, you, James brown & the wu-tang clan would have been sperms. Come on man, on a serious note, you have to think before you write.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
12-25-2007, 06:56 PM
make it funky... rest in peace J.B.

begongo
12-26-2007, 04:50 AM
This is the most retarded thread of the year !!If it wasn't for God, you, James brown & the wu-tang clan would have been sperms. Come on man, on a serious note, you have to think before you write.
Do you think before you write?
Christmas is not about your god yo ... Do your research ...
Christmas was created by the early church so that the pagan romans would convert to christianity without losing their own celebrations (which were about the god Saturn ... you ain't praising Saturn are you?) ...
Santa Claus originated in the folklore and was popularized by a cartoonist ...
The christmas tree originated in the pagan germanic tribes
Now tell me were is Jesus in this picture?
Before you answer, don't forget:you have to think before you write.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
12-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Do you think before you write?
Christmas is not about your god yo ... Do your research ...
Christmas was created by the early church so that the pagan romans would convert to christianity without losing their own celebrations (which were about the god Saturn ... you ain't praising Saturn are you?) ...
Santa Claus originated in the folklore and was popularized by a cartoonist ...
The christmas tree originated in the pagan germanic tribes
Now tell me were is Jesus in this picture?
Before you answer, don't forget:

U making a fool outta urself. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ. Now go back to ur bedroom and praise your God James Brown

TUCO
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
begongo > Wikipedia

begongo
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
U making a fool outta urself. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ. Now go back to ur bedroom and praise your God James Brown^You still don`t seem to follow your own advice:
you have to think before you write.^Brother, you talk the talk but don't walk the walk
Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ.^What do you base your statement on?

begongo > WikipediaThank you

TUCO
12-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Wikipedia = begangagagaga's homepage

begongo
12-26-2007, 11:20 AM
lol
the real problem is white people are devils

IrOnMaN
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
R.i.p.