PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I think....

Olive Oil Goombah
12-24-2007, 11:17 PM
...religion and God is just a figment of our imaginations and that used to depress me, being raised Catholic and taught to believe in God. As I studied astronomy more, i was fascinated and obsessed with it for a while, but it was also very unfulfilling as it did not answer the age old question as to 'why' we are here.....
It felt so cold, sterile and.....scientific.
Than you hear of Earth invaders and ancient civilizations and you start to think....
But the problem is that nobody has the answer, and many people think they know but really its all faith with little or no evidence to back it.

Now I assume many may ridicule me for an honest post like(or maybe not) but alot of times I wish I didn't think so deeply on this subject and was a robot like so many others, so caught up in their lives and material, meaningless stuff that they rarely ask themselves why.

I guess my question is....do any of you ever feel hopeless or to say it better I guess unsatisfied and empty when it comes to really thinking about what this is all about?

Sometimes, I think we are all just linked in a looping cycles of infinite smallness and infinite bigness....like we are part of a universe infinitely huge, yet our entire universe is mere electron in another infinitely huge universe....

begongo
12-25-2007, 03:29 AM
I feel you man ... I used to meditate a lot on existentialism and related philosophies, and it got me depressed too. I also wished I wouldn't think deeply on the subject and was a robot ... then .. it got to me that all is meaningless and you shouldn't really have any boundaries. It sounds stupid and teen-like, but fuck it ... if I can't get spiritual satisfaction at least I can aim for the physical/material and have a real chance to achieve it.

SID
12-25-2007, 06:52 PM
This generation is going through much harder times then the previous ones, the reason? we have been born into a world of uncertainty, where everything is questioned and nothing is left to the imagination......we have had to pathe our own ways in a world of a billion ideologies and religons, and diffrenciate between truth and falsehood (in our own perception). These are no easy tasks for young men and women, for instance look at some of our ages and the knowledge we possess already, this is not a one-off most young people nowadays know that knowledge is fundamental in terms of finding ones purpose, so a lot of the generation today are above their time, not by choice.............. but default

firewood_for_hell
12-25-2007, 07:23 PM
...religion and God is just a figment of our imaginations and that used to depress me, being raised Catholic and taught to believe in God. As I studied astronomy more, i was fascinated and obsessed with it for a while, but it was also very unfulfilling as it did not answer the age old question as to 'why' we are here.....
Than you hear of Earth invaders and ancient civilizations and you start to think....
But the problem is that nobody has the answer, and many people think they know but really its all faith with little or no evidence to back it.

Now I assume many may ridicule me for an honest post like(or maybe not) but alot of times I wish I didn't think so deeply on this subject and was a robot like so many others, so caught up in their lives and material, meaningless stuff that they rarely ask themselves why.

I guess my question is....do any of you ever feel hopeless or to say it better I guess unsatisfied and empty when it comes to really thinking about what this is all about?

Sometimes, I think we are all just linked in a looping cycles of infinite smallness and infinite bigness....like we are part of a universe infinitely huge, yet our entire universe is mere electron in another infinitely huge universe....

your a lathargic dickhead. give yourself up to drunkedness

Olive Oil Goombah
12-25-2007, 08:05 PM
your a lathargic dickhead. give yourself up to drunkedness

LOL...i can be lazy at times no doubt, but I view it as patience. ANyways, alchohol would not be the choice of vice for me. Hangovers alone prevent any type of overuse.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Agree 100%
Sometimes I think that I am the only person who sees what I see
Or feel what I feel or think what I think ?...If you know what I mean ?
But I see the last one is the most likely to be wrong after hearing you
I have never met anyone that I would say is similar to me...
Even all of my mates,family,girlfriends
I think this is a big part of why I feel like I do a large amount of the time.
The sad thing is that people just don't even let their mind wander
They are like sheep or robots...mentally dead
But it is nice too see others are on the same page when I find the majourity
Are not even reading...

~

When I heard Vinnie Paz spit this :

"The Only Problem That I Have Is That I Think Too Much"

I thought...me too, me too.

PEACE

LORD NOSE
12-29-2007, 02:14 AM

as time goes on and you grow older and think more and store more of what you think, you begin to realize that you are a piece of a puzzle here to make the big picture a lil clearer - understanding self and the people around you, lettings you and the people around you play the part they are to play, living and letting live,establishing clear communications with the people you come into contact with everyday, will give you a sense of purpose -

sometimes we like to paint ourselves up as another puzzle piece that we may admire - and we wanna be that piece but we can't - and we get frustrated with our self and feel hopeless because we are not being our selves - because we are not trying to figure out ourselves and purpose, we are steady admiring theway another piece fits into the picture - and we get jealous of those other puzzle pieces - we wanna fit into the picture the way they fit into the picture and it hurts us that we can't see the beauty in the way we fit into the picture -

LORD NOSE
12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
imagine seeing another piece of the puzzle running around what appears to you as an unfinished picture, and this piece is trying to squeeze itself into places in the picture it does not belong - damaging its edges and the edges of other puzzle pieces - and a few of the somewhat secured pieces jump out of place to try and help this one piece find its way - what happens to the big picture now ?

the ones who jumped outa place to save the one, have they lost their way back into their spot ?

has the bigger picture changed due to the edge damage the lost one caused ?

where is the artist that originally painted this picture and decided to break it up into small pieces, fragments of his mind ?

everyone has to get in their place - the head cannot stay where the feet is and vice versa

Cthulhu
12-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Atheist existentialism and related philsoophies like absurdism need not make you feel hopeless and empty. You guys ought to read "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus. It's an essay about how man creates his own meaning in an absurd world.

Koolish
12-29-2007, 09:22 AM
i tried for months to accept atheist philosophies, but it fucked with my mind too negatively for too long.

that's just me though, so long as you find happiness in your existence i believe that will benefit your life the most. if your accepted beliefs do not bring you happiness, why continue to follow them?

SID
12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Atheist existentialism and related philsoophies like absurdism need not make you feel hopeless and empty. You guys ought to read "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus. It's an essay about how man creates his own meaning in an absurd world.

Atheism is somebody basing their lives around the "bottom standard", the most unlikey of theories, when it comes to the creation of the universe, and how it originated(if it ever did).

Bottom standard: Someone restricting all capacity for the absorbtion of knowlege(in terms of origin and purpose of the humanrace) , devoutly clinging to the most mentally self-restricting outlook, that the universe and everything in its voids, is in existence without some from external direction and guidence.

peace

diggy
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Atheist are a bunch of depressive, cold, stupid mofos who think they know it all. Mainly of european origin. Being that they are so devilish, it makes sense that they don't believe in God.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Your bigotry permeates yet another post.

diggy
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Go fuck yourself, faggot.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Easy big guy.

TeknicelStylez
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
The problem is, if we knew all the answers, if we knew exactly why we were here, who created us, and whats going to happen to us etc. etc. those age old untold questions... life and death would not exist as we know it. We can never grasp or understand anything completely, this is just the way things are. Your purpose for now is, just EXIST. Interact and survive in this world you've been placed with, and if willing, change it.

BornPower
12-31-2007, 02:52 PM
:beer: ^^^^^^COSIGN