PDA

View Full Version : I think i want to start a record label

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 11:20 AM
i rly want to rap and shit to make money but i wanna be educated too im going into high school next year (i stayed back last year) and i rly got to thinkin bout this cuz in the school im going to they got classes and shit to sorta prepare you. cuz first of all i like bein da boss and runnin things.

and im trying to focus on how i can start getting my name out by recording shit but i dont know how to work this shit on my comp to make it all w/e w/e im not the sickest but i got lines and i got the songs i just need sum1 who can make beats and do the technical shit. cuz i know otha niggaz who rap and sum of em are on trax and im easily 10x better then them.

i wanna call it grave army records but i dont know nuttin about making a label so i ask you guys can you be serious for this thread and tell me what you know that will help me and also to ppl who have read my raps thread (which i will put new stuff on soon) is there any songs there that you think i shud record first or specific verses you like?

plz guys me need help

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2007, 11:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

your # 1 priority should be to get a summer job for 2008. Im sure there is plenty of rich white folks in Connecticut who need their lawns mowed and hedges trimmed.

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 11:37 AM
^^nigga i aint walkin to bozrah or farmington plus its winter fuck u think dis is? lol but rly man you dont think i cud do it?

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
nah i think u could be the next souljah boy

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2007, 11:47 AM
lol

SID
12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
i rly want to rap and shit to make money but i wanna be educated too im going into high school next year (i stayed back last year) and i rly got to thinkin bout this cuz in the school im going to they got classes and shit to sorta prepare you. cuz first of all i like bein da boss and runnin things.

and im trying to focus on how i can start getting my name out by recording shit but i dont know how to work this shit on my comp to make it all w/e w/e im not the sickest but i got lines and i got the songs i just need sum1 who can make beats and do the technical shit. cuz i know otha niggaz who rap and sum of em are on trax and im easily 10x better then them.

i wanna call it grave army records but i dont know nuttin about making a label so i ask you guys can you be serious for this thread and tell me what you know that will help me and also to ppl who have read my raps thread (which i will put new stuff on soon) is there any songs there that you think i shud record first or specific verses you like?

plz guys me need help

Yo, do you have any audio? cuz how i see it, the only way you can make a respected money-making label is to first establish yourself as a talented musician with something to offer, then you can build a solid label on the foundations that your a talented rapper with ideas and goals, if your just some lil kid wantin to make a label thats jus pipe-dreams..

PEACE

INF
12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
http://www.partypalooza.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/TieDyedSlapBracelets.jpg

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 11:59 AM
sidious i wanna record i have audacity and shit but i dont know the technology part of it and what to do plus i dont have any beats to work with i have tons of writtens and shit but no audio and ya i was gonna try to get my name out as a rapper before making a label,

INF
12-26-2007, 12:02 PM
what you dont know already + the fact that you dont have a built up hustle of any type right now = it aint gonna happen.

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 12:02 PM
nah i think u could be the next souljah boy

Killgrave all up in this bitch
watch me crank and smack dat snitch
watch me crank dat killgrave
and beast on dat bitch

aiyo killgrave can crank it too
cock back now watch me yuuu
drop back nwo wu=-tang suu
stopdat now do it too
jump and shake the ground
blaze ya pound now lay it down
choppa and that spraya sound
we dont get crunk we wyle out
nigga yo styles out nigga no0w wyle out
we wild like a mosh pit drop kick
pop shit and you get a popped lip!!!!!!!!!!!

see im crunk and wat not plus i can do the spiderman im cool now....sign me aftermath ill take Arab's place

SID
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
sidious i wanna record i have audacity and shit but i dont know the technology part of it and what to do plus i dont have any beats to work with i have tons of writtens and shit but no audio and ya i was gonna try to get my name out as a rapper before making a label,

yeah, yeah i got audacity, shit is straightfoward to use but it depends on the comp your recording from, i got a 24" Imac so it sounds better then usual, i recorded "loadin the defences" on audacity, if you want some raw beats you can use, pm me and ill give you the links for some HOT, HOT beats that are cool to use, if you got talent i want to help you bro, cuz i mean your 15, and if you got skill, shit can be worked on till your my age then you can release some real fire!!!!!

PEACE

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 12:29 PM
i rly just turned 14 on dec 1st i had to lie about my age to get on here lawls....yea ill pm u cuz even if i aint using dem right away i cud write songs to em so they'll be ready to be recorded.

DUMBO
12-26-2007, 12:30 PM

plz guys me need help

you are on the right path. keep doing what you're doing and you will probably be the greatest musician in the history of the universe. ever.

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
thanks DD thats what i thought fuck rakim (sorry rakim ill repent later)

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-26-2007, 12:49 PM
^^nigga i aint walkin to bozrah or farmington plus its winter fuck u think dis is? lol but rly man you dont think i cud do it?

u could do whatever u like , just don't think like a 13 year old . U feel me?
Im gonna be real with u , I became conscious of my life when i turned 18, before that i wasn't fully conscious of the world , Cause i wasent thinking right , I was thinking like a little kid , BUt you are a kid urself so its hard for u to realize what is good for ur future , Look even today when i think of something , i stop and i really think cause i realize my mind that is 19 is inferior compared to a older dude , Do u understand what im trying to say?

all im saying is stop ,STOP and think and really think , cause right now all ur thoughts are covered with ur age .
Im not putting u down , i used to be like u , just like everybody else ,

and look man u can do whatever u like in this world , I mean common people actually went to MArs , MARS! thats another fuken planet , So that means u can do whatever the fuk u want , JUST DONT GET ADVICE FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE NOTHING in this world , LEt them talk out of their asses , go up to the person that is "up" in life , and ask him for advice , He knows more then u cause he has experienced more then u , Listen to him , dont listen to a bum .

look dude people are gonna put u down , Because they cant do it themselves so they think u cant do it ,

u can do whatever u like but just dont let ur age block ur thinking , If u come up with something , really stop and think HARD HARD HARD ..

let me repeat this again , never ever ever listen to people that never made it , they will put u down , its in their nature .

peace

SID
12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
^ consernin what you said, i will be honest i have noticed that when a cat is good at something, an other cats think there godz gift (but there really delusional dudes), they try an rip the shit out of the good guy, call him wack, say his beats are wack, just to put him down cuz they know he is better then them....

i know what this might sound radical but i would say, that rappers shouldent take advice or comments from other rappers...........

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 08:16 PM
yea but i dont got MSN my nig like i said i gotta get a mic and ill most deffo try to put a sonj even if its fuzzy out and shit ill try to figure this shit out.

Visionz
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Luda dropped some jewels on this topic in a couple of tracks, first things first : this is a music BUSIness, read up and do your research, if the business side of things fail all the talent in the world, alone, is not gonna do you any favors. Focus on the craft as an artist but focus on the label as a businessman. Once you get a tax id you can then open a checking account in your name start depositing money, start paying yourself, essentially, you're gonna be the label's first employee then you work your way up from there. ....This is all stuff that you can take time on, 14's a great age to start though, practice all you can, learn all you can. You're gonna need to know about things like broadcasting rights, publishings, royalties etc............go in with the mindset that You WILL Succeed and learn what you can to prevent from being fucked overlater on down the road.