PDA

View Full Version : A Rap-band!!!!!!!

SID
12-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I was thinkin, the rap game needs somethin original, new and raw to get shit really movin again, i was thinkin about a rap-band, with a main rapper or two, and the usual line up of drummer, bassist and guitar player, only with the hip-hop equivelents (eg. hip-hop bass, an guitar)
so it would be a live band playing your instrumentals. The thing with rap is its all good with a rapper on stage and some beats on the speakers, but jus imagine goin to a rap gig with some raw live beats, and a rapper/rappers gettin hyped off the drum player and ting...i think its a fresh idea

what do you lot think?

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2007, 12:58 PM
i think this has already been done with the roots

SID
12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah i mean like some hardcore raw shit, not roots

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
this idea wouldnt go over well here in the states.

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:09 PM
black people are angered by your idea.

SID
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
this idea wouldnt go over well here in the states.

Why not? would they think its some rock-rap bullshit?, cuz its not, with the right sound it would jus be a rap gig with live beats...........

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
are you the RZA or something?

SID
12-26-2007, 01:13 PM
black people are angered by your idea.

Dont generalise the black race, everyone has there own preferences...its a nice change from this dumb rapper on stage with a chain down to his balls, callin himself the most real n shit, naa we need more live flesh on stage, more emotion coming from different angles....

SID
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM
are you the RZA or something?

naaa bro, iam jus sayin what i feel, but i take that as a compliment still......

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:26 PM
lol im like U-god i want to beat the shit out of the RZA and take the money he doesnt even owe me.

SID
12-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Do you know for a FACT that RZA owes dudes paper? U-godz angry because he dident make it in the rap game (although i think he is still ill), an hes takin it out on RZA for not given him the right direction...or some shit, but realisticly he jus dident realise his potential

EDIT:seen! i dident realise you said:"he doesnt even owe"- my bad

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
U-gods on my record label now. he changed his name to RZA KILLA

SID
12-26-2007, 01:37 PM
aight man, watever you want, but i hope you aint layin down some disses undercover!

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:39 PM
no i was waiting for you to yell at me like that lool nah u kool bro

SID
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Its strange cuz iam drunk right now an i was expecting me to slay shit, but i sense you cool so i am all peace right now

11th Chamber
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
stupid idea

Lil' Ruger
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
i am cool internet niggas dont Reel-EyeZ it. i think im going to strat laying 2 [ars at the end of each post even if they are bad and im half asleep.

i got more bathin apes then asia
sick men amaze ya lost in this transylvania fantasia
im high for days bruh sidious amphibious the lyricist
i leave bitches bleedin thru holes like fukin periods

SID
12-26-2007, 02:01 PM
stupid idea

why?

SID
12-26-2007, 02:04 PM
i am cool internet niggas dont Reel-EyeZ it. i think im going to strat laying 2 [ars at the end of each post even if they are bad and im half asleep.

i got more bathin apes then asia
sick men amaze ya lost in this transylvania fantasia
im high for days bruh sidious amphibious the lyricist
i leave bitches bleedin thru holes like fukin periods

I aint no internet "nigga", iam a real dude doin real tingz, but i like connecting with peeps on the other side of the world, not jus england, it gives you different views an shit

PEACE

TUCO
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
it started with the Roots and it should end with the Roots

a rap band VG like ROCK BAND would be coolers tho :D

SID
12-26-2007, 03:11 PM
the roots were the roots, iam talkin bout some modern raw shit, straight from the youth givin a real message, not some bling,bling gun,gun shit.......the roots are old and not in the minds of todays youth, i want some real shit that will bring the house down, in a hail of banging instruments and raw passionate vocals!!!

TUCO
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
today's "youth" is beyond help

SID
12-27-2007, 07:31 AM
thats a pretty pesimistic attitude b!

LORD NOSE
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM
I was thinkin, the rap game needs somethin original, new and raw to get shit really movin again, i was thinkin about a rap-band, with a main rapper or two, and the usual line up of drummer, bassist and guitar player, only with the hip-hop equivelents (eg. hip-hop bass, an guitar)
so it would be a live band playing your instrumentals. The thing with rap is its all good with a rapper on stage and some beats on the speakers, but jus imagine goin to a rap gig with some raw live beats, and a rapper/rappers gettin hyped off the drum player and ting...i think its a fresh idea

what do you lot think?

i been to a few shows and seen this take place
Hip Hop Bands is nothing new

LORD NOSE
12-27-2007, 07:58 AM
the roots were the roots, iam talkin bout some modern raw shit, straight from the youth givin a real message, not some bling,bling gun,gun shit.......the roots are old and not in the minds of todays youth, i want some real shit that will bring the house down, in a hail of banging instruments and raw passionate vocals!!!

you gotta wait lol

BornPower
12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
This is a great idea, but people aren't ready for this yet. While The Roots are revolutionary, they make most of their money on tour and you hardly hear their songs in the so called mainstream. Like Sunny said, we gotta wait on this cool ass idea...|)

SID
12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
wait for what exactly?

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Linkin Park is a great rap-band, although it's never labeled as that, but Mike Shinoda is an MC.

SID
12-28-2007, 05:41 AM
There not a rap band, shinoda spits but the other guy screams his head off, so its rock rap, iam just talkin bout some raw rap, with their beats played out live, with hip hop equivelent instruments

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-28-2007, 07:14 AM
we have Roots and they r the only ones

LORD NOSE
12-28-2007, 07:37 AM
there are many bands out there
many people doing Hip Hop music in different ways
go to some shows and find out
waiting to see and hear this on TV or Radio ain't gonna work
you'll be waiting forever
i've seen a few Hip Hop bands that were good
you just gotta get out there and look for it

SID
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Iam talkin about creating this sound myself, i dont listen to radio or watch TV so i dont wait for shit, i never seen this type o shit at a show

BornPower
12-28-2007, 03:02 PM
well why are just gonna wait then? if you gonna do it, then do it! there a lot of musicians out there waiting to be apart of a creative project like this. all you gotta do is network and get it together.

Koolish
12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
it's on its way...

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
There not a rap band, shinoda spits but the other guy screams his head off, so its rock rap, iam just talkin bout some raw rap, with their beats played out live, with hip hop equivelent instruments

You're very confusing then, you can't just settle one specifics because it is not a full-flegged genre. So whats the difference between a Rap Band and a Rock Rap band, when you say band you should expect people to expect your talking about rock, man. Unless you have an example of what your

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM

You're very confusing then, you can't just settle one specifics because it is not a full-flegged genre. So whats the difference between a Rap Band and a Rock Rap band, when you say band you should expect people to expect your talking about rock, man. Unless you have an example of what your talking about, I could have misenterperted what you were trying to say.

SID
12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
a rap band is str8 hip hop/rap music performed with a hiphop band playing the instrumentals, e.g the band sit an listen to the original beat, and get it all perfect, right tuning, right instruments, n go strum that shit out, feel me?

So it just gives you a more real, raw feel!, linkin park has some raw rock vocals init, so its rap-rock

Koolish
12-29-2007, 10:59 AM
the bottom line is that there is such a thing as "hip hop style" when it comes to instruments.

SID
12-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah there is, all the instruments, drums, guitar n bass, but there made to play hip-hop music not rock, all with special tunnin n shit, go check it out

peace