PDA

View Full Version : 2000 B.C. Canibus = one of the GOAT's ?

LiquidSwords32
12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
i know i'm going on a limb here saying this but really Canibus was KILLING it on 2000 b.c. granted he really hasn't rapped like that since, but either way he did. i know alot here like that hood shit, but god damn you cannot deny Canibus as one of the elite emcees of that time. nobody was touching him at this point in time. all you have to remember that Big Pun said that Canibus was really the only one who really tested him lyrically his career (he blew the mic apart for Fantastic Four). anyways, so I dont care what anybody says this guy was on some shit for this album. nobody has or ever will spit like this cat was on this album. if your not considered a genius when a verse like this comes out of your mouth.... "hear the wild wolf growl, styles stock pilled for miles, from the ground to the clouds" I dont who is. "100 Bars" and "The C-Quel" are some of the most lyrical hip hop tracks i've ever heard.........

12weLvE
12-27-2007, 11:14 AM
He did... but yo hear Rip the JAcker and Mic Club...Now thats the real Canibus.

Jon Raven aka Skel
12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
he def killed 200bc.

Crack Killz
12-27-2007, 06:06 PM
yeah it's a dope fuckin album.

noel411
12-27-2007, 06:51 PM
He did... but yo hear Rip the JAcker and Mic Club...Now thats the real Canibus.
2000 BC was by far his best performance, and imo his only consistently solid performance on an album. On all his other albums he's either on/off or straight doodoo.

So yeah, I agree with the thread starter that it was a great performance, and by far his best. Still not a great album though, as although it's one of his better produced albums, it's still got its fair share of shitty beats.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-27-2007, 06:55 PM
i know i'm going on a limb here saying this but really Canibus was KILLING it on 2000 b.c. granted he really hasn't rapped like that since, but either way he did. i know alot here like that hood shit, but god damn you cannot deny Canibus as one of the elite emcees of that time. nobody was touching him at this point in time. all you have to remember that Big Pun said that Canibus was really the only one who really tested him lyrically his career (he blew the mic apart for Fantastic Four). anyways, so I dont care what anybody says this guy was on some shit for this album. nobody has or ever will spit like this cat was on this album. if your not considered a genius when a verse like this comes out of your mouth.... "hear the wild wolf growl, styles stock pilled for miles, from the ground to the clouds" I dont who is. "100 Bars" and "The C-Quel" are some of the most lyrical hip hop tracks i've ever heard.........

then you haven't peeped "Rip The Jacker", "Mic Club" or "For Whom the Beat Tolls" these are all albums that smash "2000 BC" but i will say 2000 BC is definately a top bis album next too the others

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-27-2007, 07:10 PM
lol im not checking out for canibus

Knowledge God
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
lol im not checking out for canibus

I feel sorry for your life. Maybe when you mentally more mature. Bis is no shit for kids

TUCO
12-27-2007, 07:25 PM
finally!!!!!
someone speaks the truth....2000 bc was the best Canibus LP
RTJ put me to sleep

Kenny Powers
12-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Rip the Jacker was his best album, but 2000 bc isnt far from it

Meta4
12-27-2007, 08:47 PM
RTJ is a dope album but 2000 B.C. got the Canibus I wanna hear. He was constantly fuckin shit up AND had the ill beats.

LiquidSwords32
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
then you haven't peeped "Rip The Jacker", "Mic Club" or "For Whom the Beat Tolls" these are all albums that smash "2000 BC" but i will say 2000 BC is definately a top bis album next too the others

I've heard all Canibus....the entire catalog. nobody was fuckin with 2000 b.c. canibus. mic club was his 2nd best, then can-i-bus followed by Rip the Jacker in my opinion.........

Tecknowledgist
12-27-2007, 10:56 PM
2000BC was incredible. The best Canibus BATTLING shits. You really can't compare RTJ and 2000BC because RTJ was his poetic side, and 2000BC was his venomous side.

Either way, ill shit. There's also that Nas quote, and Common admitted that Canibus roasted him on Making a Name for Ourselves

hide1998
12-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I could never understand why a hip-hop fan wouldn't feel Rip the Jacker, Mic Curriculum, or 2000 BC to be honest. Can-I-Bus had some unfitting production on a few tracks, but lyrically he ripped that to pieces to such an extent that FAR overshadows some unfitting production. The only bad Canibus album (I don't really include Mind Control as part of his official catalogue) was C Hollywood Story. Outside of that release, all he albums are worth coppin'. But the first 3 I mentioned I'm always puzzled by some of the hate I read about them. I guess it's sort of the "in" thing to hate on Canibus in general it seems. *shrugs*

Durag
12-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Anyone have 'The Brainstorm EP', or 'My Name is Nobody' releases?. Some dope tracks on them, i dont have them coz their hard found but ive heard a few of the tracks. 'How Many Emcee's' is a dope track

Maxxx Millisecondz
12-28-2007, 05:12 AM
I could never understand why a hip-hop fan wouldn't feel Rip the Jacker, Mic Curriculum, or 2000 BC to be honest. Can-I-Bus had some unfitting production on a few tracks, but lyrically he ripped that to pieces to such an extent that FAR overshadows some unfitting production. The only bad Canibus album (I don't really include Mind Control as part of his official catalogue) was C Hollywood Story. Outside of that release, all he albums are worth coppin'. But the first 3 I mentioned I'm always puzzled by some of the hate I read about them. I guess it's sort of the "in" thing to hate on Canibus in general it seems. *shrugs*

well, as far as why i dislike everything but 2000 B.C.; i own just about every one of his albums, and i've listened to most of them thousands of times (excluding Mind Control, C True Hollywood Stories, and For Whom the Beat Tolls.) with listening to them the amount of times that i have, i noticed certain things that bored me. he sounded hungriest and angriest on 2000 B.C. to me, and after that he just sounded like he was trying too hard; like he was constantly trying to prove something. he was hungry on Can-I-Bus, but not nearly as angry as 2000 B.C. i won't deny that he has talent, because he definitely can kill it (i love his verse on Inner G from The Offering), but he just can't make a cohesive album anymore.

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Canibus back in the day, lyrically, makes me repeatedly say he is the greatest MC of all time. EVERYthing he spat before his album "Rip The Jacker" is some of the greatest material i have ever heard.

Knowledge God
12-28-2007, 08:30 PM
^ ha Before RTJ, are you crazy, you need to listen to RTJ more than once to appreciate it, plus some people ain't never gonna have the ability to understand it cos it way to above them. It's full of poetry and metaphors that takes many listens to understand and yet some are still baffling. You need to read alot of shit to understand it fully too. It's his most personal LP out there plus it political, philosophical, scientific and it still has it's moment of battle rhymes. The beats are amazin too, To me the album is perfect and it's a timeless classic.

I love his battle raps, but RTJ is so much more advanced than all that. Plus 2000bc isn't even his best battle rap shit. His radio 'freestyles' are alot better than most the lyrics on 2000bc, plus some beats let the lp down, some are too basic. It's still a boss album though.

At first everyone loves the puncline shit within raps, which is very pleasing, but then after a while people go onto the next level and wanna listen to indepth poetical raps which take a while to breakdown. Everytime I listen to RTJ i kinda discover soemthing new. You don't get that with the battle raps/punchlines. Once you move onto this stage the punchlines seem less impressive and have less lasting effect. But people move onto this stage at different rates and some will never move on. Just give it a few more years and you will all understand how great RTJ is .

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
canibus sold like 1,500 records i wonder why .
oh i know .. cause he is the greatest ever

ahahahaha

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I've heard all Canibus....the entire catalog. nobody was fuckin with 2000 b.c. canibus. mic club was his 2nd best, then can-i-bus followed by Rip the Jacker in my opinion.........

okay, cool i respect that can't argue wit cha there i was just sayin' though

CharlesJones
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I think 2000 BC sucked because of the beats. Canibus should rhyme acapella from now on on his albums hahahahahahahahahahaha. I gave up on him after C True Hollywood Stories album. I think he's the best mc of all time but his beats have always been terrible and that's the reason why all of his albums suck. When i first heard him on LL Cool J's 4,3,2,1 song and Lost Boys Beasts From The East song, i was blown away. I hadn't heard a mc rhyme so ill like that and he blew me away with his lyrics. It's a shame he'll go down in rap history for not being successful because of wack beats.

MastaCee
12-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Rip The Jacker and 2000 BC is his two best albums.. by far.

Mic Club werent all that. - well it was a good album, but you cant compare them to the two above.

but greatest album of all times.. not even close... it might make a top 20? maybe?

hide1998
12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
canibus sold like 1,500 records i wonder why .
oh i know .. cause he is the greatest ever ahahahaha

I feel you. Just like how Britney Spears is clearly one of the greatest artists of all time. You need proof? Check her records sales. Spears is like Canibus in reverse. Spears sells a shitload, so therefore she is one of the greatest. Canibus doesn't so...well...I think you can figure out the rest of that one.

I think 2000 BC sucked because of the beats. Canibus should rhyme acapella from now on on his albums hahahahahahahahahahaha. I gave up on him after C True Hollywood Stories album. I think he's the best mc of all time but his beats have always been terrible and that's the reason why all of his albums suck. When i first heard him on LL Cool J's 4,3,2,1 song and Lost Boys Beasts From The East song, i was blown away. I hadn't heard a mc rhyme so ill like that and he blew me away with his lyrics. It's a shame he'll go down in rap history for not being successful because of wack beats.

Well duh. We all know how terrible the production was on Rip the Jacker. Stoupe is clearly one of the wackest, least innovative, and hard to listen to producers of all time.

Powerful posts :nonono: