PDA

View Full Version : i think it's rather obvious that...

DUMBO
12-27-2007, 09:05 PM
common and the roots are probably the two most consisent - yet dynamic - acts in hip hop.

both have never created a wack album, managing to cover a range of styles and subgenres; and both have shown growth and innovation right through.

outkast and de la could share this honor as well. any more?

Crack Killz
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
cosign

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-27-2007, 09:27 PM
both have never created a wack album

im sorry but for common electric circus = nuff said

TAURO
12-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I disagree both have released wack albums.

Prolifical ENG
12-27-2007, 10:26 PM
common and the roots are probably the two most consisent - yet dynamic - acts in hip hop.

both have never created a wack album, managing to cover a range of styles and subgenres; and both have shown growth and innovation right through.

even though im not keen on those 2, I can respect their albums and say that they are consistent and original.

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
The Tipping Point and electric circus weren't very strong for me...sorry..but i love both acts, especially Common, and Illadelph Halflife is an amazing album so...props on the thread.

11th Chamber
12-28-2007, 12:14 AM
both have never created a wack album,

Electric Circus was wack

DUMBO
12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
come closer is a beautiful song.

Jeru
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Illadelph...is one of my personal classics and Common, yeah EC was wack but Ressurection was great

CharlesJones
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Come Close song is gay and so is Common LOL. I stopped liking him after Resurrection album. Like Water For Chocolate album was decent. The Roots Phrenology, The Tipping Point, Game Theory albums suck.

junius
12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Common = The Wackness, almost without exception; & this is the same D.D. that's an "8D" hater, nice work asswipe. Common sure dresses awfully cute tho', maybe you like his shirt?

The Roots are an interesting case-- good but never as GREAT as you really want 'em to be. When they first came up I thought they would be the next step on from Stetsasonic but on record, they just don't have the genius. Live their certainly one of the better acts, however.

PsYkOsUs
12-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah.. Um... GANG STARR!!!!!!!! How on earth could you forget Gang Starr... The Roots are very consistent... Common is open for debate...

DUMBO
12-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Common = The Wackness, almost without exception; & this is the same D.D. that's an "8D" hater, nice work asswipe. Common sure dresses awfully cute tho', maybe you like his shirt?

The Roots are an interesting case-- good but never as GREAT as you really want 'em to be. When they first came up I thought they would be the next step on from Stetsasonic but on record, they just don't have the genius. Live their certainly one of the better acts, however.

common - resurrection, one day, and like water are not ghey.
i'm not going to bother defending my criticism of 8 diagrams. you're a fucking sycophant.

junius
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
hah-- busted! you do like his fucking shirt... you can bust balls on half the douchebags around here but cut the crap D.D., there's at least a handful of that ** destroy ** you. granted, it's kinda fun but pretty fucking easy too. we'll see how you play when and if some gal gives it up to you... THEY do like Common, & Talib, & fucking Aesop garbage also, although-- thankfully-- there are exceptions.

try harder douchebag.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
common has some dumbed down lyrics on the last two albums, I'm afraid, altho both are bangin' and good hip-hop...

EC is not wack. Nastradamus is wack. Timbo's album was wack. It's sub-par and different than the others too much.

Roots have never disappointed...

That's the truth.

begongo
12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
I Used To Love H.E.R. from Common is probably my favorite track ever

main_man
12-29-2007, 02:17 PM
gangstarr & scarface (not the my homies albums).

both very consistent.