PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy Khadafi Locked Up For 4 Years

tragedykhadafi12
12-28-2007, 10:29 PM
So it really sucks but I hear tragedy is locked up for 4 years. This is sad news for hip hop because tragedy is definitely one of the best mc's in the game right now period. One of my favorite rappers obviously. I guess his name is really the truth, tragedy. This is what someone posted on Cormega's website:

PEACE TO TRAGEDY. JUST HIT DOWNSTATE. WONT BE HOME FOR ANOTHER 4 JOINTS.
he got caught sellin an he aint getting out no earlier then january 2011 cuz he got flat bid.

This is what Cormega himself said:
"thats fucked up thats my dude I thought he was getting 3 but hopefully he comes out sooner he will be on my album so he will be represented"

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
damn that sucks

EAGLE EYE
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
why hasnt a 2007 hip hop recap thread been made yet?

pimp c dead
TI fucked up
Prodigy fucked
Spice 1 stabbed

now this...

what else happened i forget...

PsYkOsUs
12-28-2007, 10:39 PM
It amazes me how it hurts cats' feelin's when rappers get locked up for sellin' drugs, like it was some sort of injustice.. LOL... If you sell drugs, prison is a big part of the equation, and I'm sure he's aware of the rules... He got 'Checkmated', plain and simple, have no pity for the man...

TAURO
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
It's a shame, Tragedy is dope and for someone whos been around for a minute and is considered a veteran, 4 years is a long time to waste, especially at this late stage of his career.

EAGLE EYE
12-28-2007, 11:20 PM
pretty much yes.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Damn shame.
Like Tauro said in this late stage of his career.
I was looking forward to a new Tragedy album and Black Market Militia...

junius
12-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Downstate Correctional -->

http://www.docs.state.ny.us/faclist.html

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM
It amazes me how it hurts cats' feelin's when rappers get locked up for sellin' drugs, like it was some sort of injustice.. LOL... If you sell drugs, prison is a big part of the equation, and I'm sure he's aware of the rules... He got 'Checkmated', plain and simple, have no pity for the man...

I don't think its really hurting anyones feelings. Tragedy is very talented and its sad to see someone with that much talent having to resort to selling drugs in order to support his family. Tragedy has kids he needs to support.

SaqurakiHanamichi
12-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't think its really hurting anyones feelings. Tragedy is very talented and its sad to see someone with that much talent having to resort to selling drugs in order to support his family. Tragedy has kids he needs to support.

its called construction work ,

get real

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
yea, thats true. But, construction doesn't bring as much money. Im not saying I condone it im just saying its sucks that such a talented rapper is going to jail. Think about it, he obviously needs more money because he has a legit job making music

junius
12-29-2007, 01:22 AM
damn, TK just went in yesterday--

http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

now, granted, if drug laws were different TK would have had to get another kind of "job" but... ya'll don't think prison is a BUSINESS, even State joints... need to wake up.

junius
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
i'm not a fan (to say the least) but here's Brian Carenard, aka Saigon:

QUESTION: what has he done for living between 6/24/99 & today? that's a serious question btw.

http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

OOPS: they use frames or whatever so it goes back to search page... anyway, enter the birth name of your whomever & get their sentence, release or parole, their REAL birth date, etc. it's interesting to see the charges & the length of bids...

any of ya'll think black folks (& latinos) don't get longer terms than whites?

junius
12-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Cut

sarr
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
damn...he was sellin? musta really gone broke from music

hope he comes out earlier and hits us up with one more album

sarr
12-29-2007, 01:38 AM
wasnt he getting money off concerts and shit like that?

Kick_Back
12-29-2007, 01:52 AM
Tragedy was and is an incredible artist. Unfortunately, he couldn't maintain the spirtuality of his lyrics in his everyday struggle.

Blessings to you Trag. I feel for your family and kids.

KB

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 08:52 AM
i was wondering why they put this out, probably needed to make some cash. It has against all odds songs and some other songs from iron shieks with him and imam thug on it.

http://sandbox.pair.com/images/tragedy4118.jpg

Shipping now!
Tragedy Khadafi "Thug Matrix 41-18" CD [$5] 25 To Life

Limited Edition of previously unreleased Gee Street project which was permanently shelved. Lost hits "True Confessions", "Illuminati", "WWT", "Blood Type", "They Forced My Hand", "Crime Nationalists", "Sidewalk Confessions", "What's Good" - 16 classics total. Guest shots Cormega, Havoc, Killa Sha, RZA, Cam'ron and more.

CharlesJones
12-29-2007, 10:58 AM
That's what happens when you don't get a education and you don't take school seriously. You have to resort to selling drugs because you aren't smart enough to get a real job. Tragedy should've known better as old as he is. If he knew that he wasn't making enough money from doing music, then he should've went back to school to take a job career class. I can't believe all that positive stuff he was rapping about when he was Intelligent Hoodlum and then he does something stupid like this.

Vegan
12-29-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah, i remember seeing on the babygrande site that the black market album only moved few thousand units. split that four ways.

oldie
12-29-2007, 12:32 PM
why hasnt a 2007 hip hop recap thread been made yet?

pimp c dead
TI fucked up
Prodigy fucked
Spice 1 stabbed

now this...

what else happened i forget...

wasnt it this yr that Doc Doom got shot up?

sucks t hear of Tragedy, hes a dope mc, talent gone t waste now. good that cormega lookin out for a dude tho!

TAURO
12-29-2007, 12:49 PM
He should have been making his doe doing shows with other mc's.

Kick_Back
12-29-2007, 01:22 PM
There were no shows...and if there were, Trag wouldn't be getting more than $500. He's got a wife, at least 1 child, etc etc...he went the wrong route.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-29-2007, 01:45 PM
That's what happens when you don't get a education and you don't take school seriously. You have to resort to selling drugs because you aren't smart enough to get a real job. Tragedy should've known better as old as he is. If he knew that he wasn't making enough money from doing music, then he should've went back to school to take a job career class. I can't believe all that positive stuff he was rapping about when he was Intelligent Hoodlum and then he does something stupid like this.

You're a closet racist and I've peeped it for a minute, please stop speaking

Do you know Tragedy personally? How the FUCK do ANY OF YOU know what this man had to do to live? Until you do, then you all should seriously keep your mouths closed if you have nothing good to say. And I'm not saying I do myself, because I don't, I find it a tragedy (no pun intended) when anyone with such immense talent goes to jail but I understand the reasons behind em...people have to live in this world, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT there is a huge population in America that isn't blessed to have money like most do. They may not be able to afford to further their education which is why they stay stuck in this cycle. So don't go spewing BULLSHIT about not taking school seriously and being stupid. Being stupid is lacking intelligence, and whether you want to admit it or not alot of people in the ghetto are not stupid. Ignorant, yes, but not stupid. Learn the fucking difference you bitch and stop trying to judge every single black person the same way. I'm sick of you and your posts, so I finally decided to say something. Stop being ignorant about the truth, because truth is you know NOTHING about Tragedy's life other than through his music, so therefore you have no reason to judge him beyond his music that he made earlier in his life, which by the way may not reflect the current "him" because PEOPLE CHANGE AS TIME GOES BY. Learn about life you faggot.

Edgar Erebus
12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
No shit? A rapper with that legacy gotta sell drugs to feed his seed?

Hip hop is dead

Edgar Erebus
12-29-2007, 01:57 PM
P.S. CJ is unsatisfied faggot.

Meta4
12-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I hope BMM2 is still droppin and Trag got his verses done. But SunTzu came with a good point. Don't even try to bash Trag's situation. People gotta do what they gotta do to get by.

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
there was a hell razah interview recently and he said bmm 2 is definitely coming out.

Meta4
12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
^^^ yeah I read that but I'm curious if it was finished/Trags' parts were finished before he went in.

IronFingaz7
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
You're a closet racist and I've peeped it for a minute, please stop speaking

Do you know Tragedy personally? How the FUCK do ANY OF YOU know what this man had to do to live? Until you do, then you all should seriously keep your mouths closed if you have nothing good to say. And I'm not saying I do myself, because I don't, I find it a tragedy (no pun intended) when anyone with such immense talent goes to jail but I understand the reasons behind em...people have to live in this world, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT there is a huge population in America that isn't blessed to have money like most do. They may not be able to afford to further their education which is why they stay stuck in this cycle. So don't go spewing BULLSHIT about not taking school seriously and being stupid. Being stupid is lacking intelligence, and whether you want to admit it or not alot of people in the ghetto are not stupid. Ignorant, yes, but not stupid. Learn the fucking difference you bitch and stop trying to judge every single black person the same way. I'm sick of you and your posts, so I finally decided to say something. Stop being ignorant about the truth, because truth is you know NOTHING about Tragedy's life other than through his music, so therefore you have no reason to judge him beyond his music that he made earlier in his life, which by the way may not reflect the current "him" because PEOPLE CHANGE AS TIME GOES BY. Learn about life you faggot.

Word up. Peace to Trag, hold your head.

P.E.A.C.E.

junius
12-29-2007, 09:46 PM
let me say this (& if ya'll didn't look, you can still find Russell Jones in the New York State corrections system page i gave)--

* people with $$$ get their dope delivered, or have ** prescriptions ** & very rarely-- if not never-- get the same attention, or punishment, as poor folks. there have probably been threads on the U.S. penal system in Know The Ledge so i'm not going to go over all that here except to note while it ** is ** racist, it's also very classist & all sorts of other poor people get caught up in it.

* that said, and admitting the chance that Percy was set up or had a bat attorney, it's hard to say he didn't use VERY bad judgement.

because it's so rarely talked about & folks get REALLY bitchy when it's brought up (like mind you own business, nigga!!), ya'll don't know what most hip-hop dudes do for a living, esp. in this day & age when there's very little record money.

much as we dig TK-- & i have all his albums & the "official" mixtapes, inc. the hard to find "Blood Ballads"-- he's ** forgotten **. Nature Sounds did that reissue of the first two albums but even if he ** tried ** to tour... I doubt he'd make any $$$ (after expenses) unless he's got some hardcore fans in Europe or something.

so what's he going to do? go to college? learn a trade? become a substitute teacher? drive a cab? all of those things are possible, sure. let's just hope for his family's sake that he made enough $$$ they can get by.

i don't have time to do it but we could look up the court case on this if we wanted; Wu Corp TK, was the Percy still living in QB? last i heard he was but...

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Aint Tragedy Khadafi the same dude as Intelligent Hoodlum?

Vegan
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
that's him.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Word up. Peace to Trag, hold your head.

P.E.A.C.E.

word

ScŠth BŠn
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
damnit peace to trag

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 11:06 PM
tragedy and prodigy are going in around the same time for about the same length, wonder if they will be in the same area.

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 11:09 PM
heres a new p interview

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.982/title.prodigy-exit-wounds

We need a new tragedy interview though!! See exactly whats up and if he will be releasing any new material.

tragedykhadafi12
12-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I posted this already but in case you didn't get to read it this is a good interview and probably the latest one that tragedy did from xxl.

From the Juice Crew to C-N-N, Tragedy Khadafi is a true New York O.G. But the Queensbridge native doesnít dwellóheís ready for The Death of Tragedy. Whatís next? In 1988, at the age of 17, Percy ďTragedy KhadafiĒ Chapman became the youngest member of the worldís biggest hip-hop clique. Established by producer Marley Marl, the Juice Crew super group featured timeless artists like Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, MC Shan and Masta Ace. Originally performing under the pseudonym Intelligent Hoodlum, Trag released his first song, ďThe Tragedy (Donít Do It),Ē with a group called The Super Kids, in 1986. After hooking up with Marley Marl in í88, Trag kicked off a career that would span two decades. Mixing militant and social messages on tracks like ďArrest the PresidentĒ and ďBlack and Proud,Ē the Queensbridge native recorded two albums in the early í90s, but failed to achieve the notoriety of his Juice Crew brethren.
After his original team fizzled, the Intelligent Hoodlum changed his name to Tragedy Khadafi and started his 25 To Life Entertainment imprint, signing two young Queens rappers named Capone-N-Noreaga. Under his tutelage, C-N-N released their classic 1997 debut, The War Report, on which Tragedy appeared on nine songs. Shortly after, Trag and C-N-N went their separate ways and the Queensbridge OG began to focus on his solo career, releasing two critically acclaimed albums ó 2001ís Against All Odds and 2003ís Still Reportiní ó solidifying his place as one of the undergroundís most revered artists. Now, after releasing two volumes of his Thug Matrix mixtape series in í05 and í06, Trag is returning with a new street album entitled The Death of Tragedy and a role as executive producer on Havocís new solo LP, The Kush. XXLMag.com tracked down the elusive Queens veteran to discuss his new projects and reflect on his longstanding career.
Why did you call your new album Death of Tragedy?
The Death of Tragedy is more of a street album/mixtape. I didnít treat it like a mixtape, though. All of the music is original. Honestly, if it was an album, I would take a little more time on it and do things a little differently. You didnít see any ads [or] promotion. I just threw it out there to get some feedback [and what] Iíve gotten has been positive. A few heads say itís a little short, but thatís ícause itís a mixtape. But the Death of Tragedy is basically an exodus for Tragedy, and [now] Khadafi [is] gonna step it up. There was a time when I considered my life a tragedy. But itís not a tragedy anymore. I lived through [it].
You released your last album, Still Reportiní, in 2003. In retrospect, how do you feel about it?
For an indie project, I was real happy with it. I wish I would have done the deal with a different company. Iím still tryiní to get money back ó my backend. When I was doing that album, my son fell out the window in Queensbridge. He fell from the third floor, down the garbage ramp. I damn near suffered a nervous breakdown. Then I got an attempted murder case. Some dude tried to pop off at me in midtown [NYC] and I defended myself. Then, in Atlanta, some chick said I raped her, which I got justice on because I didnít rape anybody. Also, me and N.O.R.E. got locked up. Somebody called and said we had sub-machine guns in N.O.R.E.ís Hummer, which wasnít true. The police came on some S.W.A.T. shit [and] threw us on the ground. They disrespected us ícause they couldnít find nothing in the car. They took us all down for a blunt clip of some weed. All of this happened in Union Square [NYC]. It was in the Daily News and all of that. So I was going through mad trials and tribulations, but I kept going to the studio. So when I hear people say thatís one of your best albums, you donít even know what that does for me. I wanted to quit at that time. I didnít want to make music or leave the house I was so depressed. Still Reportiní is one of my most important albums.
Being that you came up in the era of the Juice Crew, how has it felt to watch hip-hop evolve throughout the years?
Itís interesting to me. When I look in retrospect at everything, I still feel young in spirit. To me, Iím still a young artist in my heart. I kind of forget how long Iíve been doing this. I think I purposely make myself forget so I donít come off as a hip-hop dad when Iím on the mic. I have certain individuals in the game call me for advice, like, what do you think of this? How do you think I should do this album? Then reality really sets in, like, You fathered a lot of dudes. I donít take it to the head; I take it gracefully. Iíve been blessed to be around individuals who call on me [to] help broker their deals and get them in good situations. I recently brokered Havocís deal [with Nature Sounds Records] and A&Ríd his first solo album [The Kush].
How did that come about?
Havoc is an artist I basically raised and mentored. I gave him the name Havoc. Plenty of times me and him will be chilliní and heíll say, ďYou know youíre the illest out of the íhood. Youíre nicer than all of us.Ē And I take that to heart. Thatís Havoc, man. He made his way. He put his flag down. Mobb Deep is a significant landmark in hip-hop. It just feels good to be here and be able to have input and influence. I listen to dudes and I hear sprinkles of my style or influence in dudes. Itís all good, ícause this shit is all interdependent.
Give me an example of an artist whoís been influenced by your style?
Sometimes when you listen to certain thingsÖI was in the barbershop the other day with my mans listening to some Nas [and] Nature joints. I could tell they were listening to C-N-N and going off the vibe of that era. Just like we were listening to Wu-Tang. When they dropped as a collective unit, we were like, ďWow, these dudes are doiní it.Ē We vibed off their aura. I can look into dudes and see how they rocked off my aura or C-N-Nís aura. I see the influences. I primarily see my influences in a lot of artists. Most magazines and people in the industry wonít accredit me to that, but I can hear it.
It is frustrating to not get the credit?
Oh, definitely! I was reading an article Twista had in XXL and he said something that stood out to me. He said, ďI cried many a nights.Ē A lot of artists wonít admit it, but he admitted it. And I respect him for that because whether you cry physically on the outside [or not], you cry inside when you strive to reach something and itís not being appreciated or credited to you. Thatís a tough pill to swallow. I would read certain articles like, Damn, I basically put that dude or producer together, but I donít see nothing attributed to the contributions I made. Sometimes it does bother you, whether you ate off it or not. There are things that I strive for to do that I fell short of. Realistically, I donít even blame nobody ícause I gotta look at self and push harder. But there are definitely things that I strived to doóthere are projects that I wanted to do that just didnít happen. Hell yeah, it bothers you.
Whatís your relationship like with C-N-N now?
I havenít spoken to them dudes in some time now, but for the most part, Iím always going to have love for them brothers. I wish them the best. We may not all agree with each otherís decisions in life, but a part of growing up is getting past little frivolous things that donít matter. We created a bond amongst each other at that time. It may not be as strong as it once was, but it never really diminished. At least thatís what I would like to believe. When we do speak, itís like we never parted.
Last year you and Maino allegedly got involved in a fight. What happened?
Basically, the artist you just mentioned, we were going to do a deal. What happened was, a contract was presented to that artist and he signed off on it. Anyone who does business or has any concept of businesses knows that an agreement is not fully executed until itís signed by both parties. The individual you just mentioned signed off on it, but it wasnít signed off on our end, the labelís end. Basically, I was pushing for the deal. I presented a situation to him, but the company I was dealing with at the time, they didnít particularly believe in him as an artist. They didnít want to do the deal anymore. They didnít want to put money behind it, so they backed out. At that time, his numbers had changed so I couldnít get in touch with him. So me and my peoples go to the T.I. party. I see him, so I called him over. Iím thinking itís all good. Obviously, if I knew the agenda of that night was to assassinate Tragedy, of course, I wouldnít have walked into a trap unprepared. But it was a weak move. A bunch of hyenas jumped on a lion. Thatís basically the gist of it, which I think was very unprofessional. It bothers me because you would think we as people or as artists would get past certain things. I seen interviews where dude was getting all out of character and talking a whole bunch of reckless things that ainít gonna benefit him as an artist or man. I donít even give it energy. My mind is on bigger things. I donít got beef with nobody.

tragedykhadafi12
12-30-2007, 12:25 AM
another good one

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tragedy

Vegan
12-30-2007, 12:33 AM
dude is in my top ten all time as far as lyricists go.

sarr
12-30-2007, 03:50 AM
what did jay-z say about the war report exactly?

Originô
12-30-2007, 04:50 AM
What's up with getting dropped into a Maximum Security prison for selling drug on the block?

That shit is mad, whats up with that?

Vegan
12-30-2007, 05:02 AM
a lot of inmates who receive state sentences for drug related felonies, in ny state, get sent to a maximum "reception" facility first. then from there, they get sent to either medium or minimum security facilities.

Bucellito 136
12-30-2007, 05:15 AM
sad news
peace to trag

junius
12-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah, but Vegan-- look at that list, there are A LOT of maximum security pens and what are the most common crimes dudes are in for? Maximum security = maximum $$$.

TK-- I haven't plugged Prodigy in yet but you can look up anyone in New York State. Ya'll wanna know why Sinfully Cute has a tough time, see where they stashed Jeryl Grant and see how far that is from Shaolin.

I wish we had even one real lawyer on the Corp who could give us FACTS, or at least "the facts" as presented in cops (knowing the cops do lie, DAs & judges fuck up, etc... not to say criminal are paragons of virtue either), it'd be ** real ** knowledge.

Likewise, ask yourselves how rapper x/y/z could possible make a living, especially if they have kids? When was the last time ya'll saw, say, Kool G. Rap perform? Or MC Shan? Kool's probably made some money but not enough to retire.

If fucking Saigon is the "realest" to some retards here, how did he survive after the joint & before his record deal? Even then, that money wasn't that much and has to be spent on expenses. How does a guy whose mixtapes "blow up" on the internet-- i.e. nobody BOUGHT it-- make money?

I drive a goddamn delivery truck four days a week & it ain't exactly fun, you know.

BRONZBODY
12-30-2007, 05:19 PM
That's what happens when you don't get a education and you don't take school seriously. You have to resort to selling drugs because you aren't smart enough to get a real job. Tragedy should've known better as old as he is. If he knew that he wasn't making enough money from doing music, then he should've went back to school to take a job career class. I can't believe all that positive stuff he was rapping about when he was Intelligent Hoodlum and then he does something stupid like this.you do know some of the most notorious drug dealers were very educated right??? obviously not......

tragedykhadafi12
12-30-2007, 10:34 PM
He was giving props too the song`s & the sound effects and said it was a classic.
You know that album inspired The Firm album along with Raekwon`s Purple Tape
(O.B.4.C.L.)

war report is definitely a classic. But, wasn't the purple tape out before the war report? I could be mistaken. But I thought ob4cl came out in 95 and war report came out in 96. Both are classics though.

sarr
12-30-2007, 10:37 PM
war report came out in 97' (most of it was recorded in 96 though) and cuban linx was released in 95

tragedykhadafi12
12-30-2007, 11:22 PM
yea you are right. Tragedy even said that he was kind of influenced at wu tang at the time because they were bringing the hottest shit. He says rap is interdependent and is right. That is when good rap rubbed off and made more good rap. Now the garbage is rubbing off to produce more garbage, for the most part. The underground is still kind of hot though. You can never kill the underground.

Dirty Knowledge
12-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Wtf this is fucked up right here... just heard this... can't believe the dude got popped slanging. He should'a kept his Operation tighter for real... a smart dude like this..? Definitly a blow to Hip-Hop though...keep ya head up Trag.

sarr
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
yea you are right. Tragedy even said that he was kind of influenced at wu tang at the time because they were bringing the hottest shit. He says rap is interdependent and is right. That is when good rap rubbed off and made more good rap. Now the garbage is rubbing off to produce more garbage, for the most part. The underground is still kind of hot though. You can never kill the underground.

i think the lyrics did sound kinda wutangish....but i recon the beats on war report were deffinetly inspired by mobb deeps "hell on earth" album...deffinetly sound very similar

tragedykhadafi12
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
i think the lyrics did sound kinda wutangish....but i recon the beats on war report were deffinetly inspired by mobb deeps "hell on earth" album...deffinetly sound very similar

True, havoc and tragedy are friends. Like tragedy said, he gave havoc the name havoc.

CharlesJones
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Fuck you to the dude who talking shit about me because i spoke the truth about Tragedy's situation. I don't give a fuck if you don't like what i said. Shut your stupid ass up. Tragedy is going to prison because he's stupid and if he's not smart enough to get a real job, i don't have any sympathy for him. He should've took the money he made from rapping and saved his money and went back to school to learn a job skill. Stop fucking making excuses for these dumb ass rappers and stop feeling sorry for them. They put themselves in these ignorant situations. Prodigy is another dumb muthafucka too. He's in his mid 30's now and he still acts like a kid. Mobb Deep has been rapping since 1993 and Prodigy still acts ignorant and that's why his dumb ass is in prison. He wants to blame the police for getting locked up but it's his dumb ass fault he's locked up.

Jin10304
12-31-2007, 03:30 PM
No featurings on CNN's 3rd album or new BMM

tragedykhadafi12
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
well I don't know about the cnn album but hes definitely on the new bmm album. Hell razah even said in a new interview that tragedy is on like at least 4 songs.

Jin10304
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
That's bullshit then, I dont know if the incarceration is effecting it, but Tragey is taking the backseat on the BMM. The GZA/Ghost (least on 8D) role for the BMM album because he was ALL OVER the 1st one.....fucking 11 outta 13 songs

urbanlegendmf
01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Tragedy ,sean Price ,g Rap , And Ghost The 4 Horsemen

tragedykhadafi12
01-01-2008, 12:45 PM
thats dope but I would like to see tragedy, cormega, raekwon and ghostface.

Tragedy finally got recognized on hiphopgame.com:

We've learned that Queensbridge rapper Tragedy Khadafi was arrested on December 2007 on drug charges.
He's currently serving a 4 year prison sentence.

If you would like to support Trag, you can do so by writing to the following address:

Percy Chapman
DIN #: 07A7101
Downstate Correctional Facility
122 Red Schoolhouse Rd, PO Box 445
Fishkill, NY 12524-0445

Inmate Mail:
PO Box F, 12524

J-Ronin
01-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Word, Trag is my dude yo! I had a session with him for my man Da Evangillest from Cali. Tragedy hopped on a song for him. I always enjoyed building with Tragedy. Damn I'm gonna write him a letter.

Btw Saigon was making money off shows and verses for years. A few years ago he was getting 2,000 a show. He gets much more than that now.

I have personally gotten Saigon to shows for over twice that. That brother is on his grind doing shows in Europe, Cali all over the place

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
fucked up

whitey
01-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I agree with you on sum levels but at the same time i dont judge a person i dont know.
First of all in order too go too a College you need papers that indicates good grades & etc.
You know Tragedy didnt complete a real proper education, He left it too pursue a rap Career.

community colleges take anyone.

PsYkOsUs
01-01-2008, 11:37 PM
LOL at the cats makin' excuses for rappers sellin' drugs... That's great... This is a grown man who made a conscious decision to oppress his own people by sellin' them poison... It's illegal, gettin' arrested is part of the game, I'm sure he was aware of the fact.

I'd like to share a thought:

Sellin' drugs is not easy money, it's just faster.. and unless you're a kingpin (Khadafi is not), you don't make that much anyway... At least not enough to make it worth the risk. The claimed advantage is that you don't pay taxes, and it's all cash... But nothin' is tax free. You sell drugs, they tax your life and your freedom, plain and simple. Nothin' is more valuable.

At least half of the drugs that come into the country are by our own government. This fact should not be a secret, but shouldn't offer too much of a gray area either. Federal prisons are big business, they make a lot of money off of prison labor; so of course the government targets minorities. They build more prisons than they do schools, because prisons make money. Drug dealers, especially minority drug dealers are just pawns doin' the government's work: They oppress and kill their own people, so the government can profit while doin' half the work.

My point is this: Few here would argue that Khadafi is not an intelligent man.. And there is nothin' worse than an intelligent man who oppresses his own people by supplyin' poison onto his streets. If he was sellin' drugs, and got locked up for it, shame on him.. He got what he deserved. If he wants better for his kids, he should expect better for himself. I hope he learns from this experience on his own, and re-evaluates his sense of self-worth and the worth of his people, because we all know prison rehabilitation does not work.

PEACE

PSY

Prophet-One
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Ya'll are some sheltered pussies, you do what you need to, try making rent in a week when your flat broke and just got kicked out of where your livin...See how far community college or a shitty job gets you

College takes time and money, something people in poverty do not have, smart or not, sometimes its smarter to NOT live in the streets

I hope Trag keeps his head up and his people look after him, getting caught up with the law is fucked up, its even worse when your people don't have your back

Peace to the god, Tragedy get back out and teach these kids

LiquidSwords32
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
damn that sucks

no shit sherlock

PsYkOsUs
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
LOL... You'd be very foolish to assume I haven't struggled.. I didn't grow up in a privaliged neighborhood, or in a privalged family.. Never spent a day on a college campus.. I live check to check and been payin' rent since sixteen years of age... I've had a lot of friends in and out of prison for sellin' drugs, and lost four friends in the last five years to drug related murders, and one to an overdose... We were all from the same neighborhood.. We all made choices.. Everyone has a choice! Neither of them is easy, but stayin' out of the drug business gives you better odds of stayin' alive!

Somebody should've taught him that he had a choice.. We all do...

tragedykhadafi12
01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Not really defending him, just sad to see such good talent have to struggle because he can't make it in the rap game. I don't support selling drugs but tragedy did say "fight a lion with a pocket knife to feed my kids"

I think a lot of people are upset at the fact that they might not hear one of their favorite rappers put music out for a while. I think that he will put something out though. Don't hate on tragedy though, he did what he did and now he is paying the price. But, I also hear that all these people complain that these rappers don't really do what they say in their raps, at least you know tragedy speaks truth when he raps. I think he does have a good heart but he was stuck in a tight situation. BUT, I usually don't speak on things I know nothing about so I can't really call it.

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
01-02-2008, 10:05 AM
So it really sucks but I hear tragedy is locked up for 4 years. This is sad news for hip hop because tragedy is definitely one of the best mc's in the game right now period. One of my favorite rappers obviously. I guess his name is really the truth, tragedy. This is what someone posted on Cormega's website:

PEACE TO TRAGEDY. JUST HIT DOWNSTATE. WONT BE HOME FOR ANOTHER 4 JOINTS.
he got caught sellin an he aint getting out no earlier then january 2011 cuz he got flat bid.

This is what Cormega himself said:
"thats fucked up thats my dude I thought he was getting 3 but hopefully he comes out sooner he will be on my album so he will be represented"

sad day for hip hop??

nobodies gonna hear off this outside of the internet so it's a sad day for underground fans on the net

people like me that's in the community could careless bout this nigga.

tragedykhadafi12
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM
obviously if you don't listen to his music you won't care.

TUCO
01-02-2008, 10:38 AM
jesus christ how materialistic can ppl get?
sure a regular job dont bring RAP money in but shit its sumthin
they just sellin drugs cuz its too much to get up early in the morning for that 9 to 5

CharlesJones
01-02-2008, 04:19 PM
PsyKosus i'm glad to see somebody besides me is speaking the truth. These fools on here feeling sorry for Tragedy's situation when he's the fool for selling drugs and getting locked up. Like you said, drugs are poison to our people and especially poor blacks. We need more smart blacks instead of dumb blacks. It's bad enough we got a lot of black men locked up and we only make up a small percentage of america.

NoSaidDate420
02-24-2008, 12:19 PM
LOL at the cats makin' excuses for rappers sellin' drugs... That's great... This is a grown man who made a conscious decision to oppress his own people by sellin' them poison... It's illegal, gettin' arrested is part of the game, I'm sure he was aware of the fact.

I'd like to share a thought:

Sellin' drugs is not easy money, it's just faster.. and unless you're a kingpin (Khadafi is not), you don't make that much anyway... At least not enough to make it worth the risk. The claimed advantage is that you don't pay taxes, and it's all cash... But nothin' is tax free. You sell drugs, they tax your life and your freedom, plain and simple. Nothin' is more valuable.

At least half of the drugs that come into the country are by our own government. This fact should not be a secret, but shouldn't offer too much of a gray area either. Federal prisons are big business, they make a lot of money off of prison labor; so of course the government targets minorities. They build more prisons than they do schools, because prisons make money. Drug dealers, especially minority drug dealers are just pawns doin' the government's work: They oppress and kill their own people, so the government can profit while doin' half the work.

My point is this: Few here would argue that Khadafi is not an intelligent man.. And there is nothin' worse than an intelligent man who oppresses his own people by supplyin' poison onto his streets. If he was sellin' drugs, and got locked up for it, shame on him.. He got what he deserved. If he wants better for his kids, he should expect better for himself. I hope he learns from this experience on his own, and re-evaluates his sense of self-worth and the worth of his people, because we all know prison rehabilitation does not work.

PEACE

PSY

but as a listener of BMM and many other so-called intelligent/militant artists and a believer in the spiritual war going on in this world (good vs evil AKA defeat the new world order illuminazis)....i am thinkin trag was set-up in some way by this government.

"you only die or go to jail for the one controllin' it
we never ship it but always get caught for holdin it
while the government finance those who float it in
so whose the culprits, he who ownin' it or he who smokin in
to those who lost souls in the game, my condolences..."
-hell razah from freedom of speech album

shogun85
02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Free Trag!!! We need another Black Market Militia Album with Hell Razah, Killah Priest, Timbo King, & William Cooper...

B5ynuBcJDr4
xv5xav2vnwk

snapple
02-26-2010, 08:39 AM
i don't know about all this philosophical shit....

but i can't wait for tragedy to get out.....really is one of the most under-rated MCs....

it is kinda sad though how a lot of us coming from the tri-state are killed or indited...rappers around here got bad luck....