PDA

View Full Version : Gang Turf War Or Racial Cleansing?

MR HIP HOP HEAD
12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Sheriff: L.A. gang killed to 'cleanse' turf of blacks

# Story Summary
# Florencia 13 gang, also known as F13, targeted blacks, officials say
# Latino gangs' increasing numbers reflect population shift
# Indictment: F13 leader Arturo Castellanos ordered 'cleansing' from prison
# 20 murders, 80 shootings linked to gang's rampage

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/CRIME/12/31/gangs.race.ap/art.gang.jpg

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- In a murderous quest aimed at "cleansing" their turf of snitches and rival gangsters, members of one of Los Angeles County's most vicious Latino gangs sometimes killed people just because of their race, an investigation found.

Florence 13 gang members are questioned by Los Angeles Sheriff's detective Adam Torres.

There were even instances in which Florencia 13 leaders ordered killings of black gangsters and then, when the intended victim couldn't be located, said "Well, shoot any black you see," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said.

"In certain cases some murders were just purely motivated on killing a black person," Baca said.

Authorities say there were 20 murders among more than 80 shootings documented during the gang's rampage in the hardscrabble Florence-Firestone neighborhood, exceptional even in an area where gang violence has been commonplace for decades. They don't specify the time frame or how many of the killings were racial.

Los Angeles has struggled with gang violence for years, especially during the wars in the late 1980s and early '90s between the Crips and the Bloods -- both black gangs. Latino gangs have gained influence since then as the Hispanic population surged.

Evidence of Florencia 13, or F13, is easy to find in Florence-Firestone. Arrows spray-painted on the wall of a liquor store mark the gang's boundary and graffiti warns rivals to steer clear.

The gang's name comes from the neighborhood that is its stronghold and the 13th letter of the alphabet -- M -- representing the gang's ties to the Mexican Mafia.

Federal, state and local officials worked together to charge 102 men linked to F13 with racketeering, conspiracy to murder, weapons possession, drug dealing and other crimes. In terms of people charged, it's the largest-ever federal case involving a Southern California gang, prosecutors say. More than 80 of those indicted are in custody.

But eliminating the gang won't be easy. It's survived for decades and is believed to have about 2,000 members. Its reach extends to Nevada, Arizona and into prisons, where prosecutors say incarcerated gang leaders were able to order hits on black gangsters.

According to the indictment, F13's leader, Arturo Castellanos, sent word in 2004 from California's fortress-like Pelican Bay State Prison that he wanted his street soldiers to begin "cleansing" Florence-Firestone of black gangsters, notably the East Coast Crips, and snitches.

His followers eagerly obeyed, according to federal prosecutors.

In one case, F13 members came across a black man at a bus stop, shouted "Cheese toast!" and fired. "Cheese toast" is a derogatory name for East Coast Crips, Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin S. Rosenberg said.

The victim, apparently targeted only because of his skin color, survived being shot several times, Rosenberg said.

F13 isn't the only Latino gang linked to racial killings. Last year, four members of The Avenues, a gang from the Highland Park area east of downtown Los Angeles, were convicted of hate crimes for killing a black man in what prosecutors called a campaign to drive blacks from that neighborhood.

And last January, authorities announced a crackdown on the 204th Street gang following the killing of a 14-year-old black girl.

The violence goes both ways, said Adam Torres, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department gang detective whose beat includes Florence-Firestone.

During a recent patrol on the east side of the neighborhood, he pointed to a cinderblock wall peppered with bullet holes. Torres said the Crips still control that area and any Hispanic there is at risk of being shot.

Despite the wave of violence, George Tita, a criminologist with the University of California, Irvine, said racially motivated gang killings are an exception. Latinos and blacks are far more likely to be murdered by one of their own.

"You don't see these major black-brown wars, either within the context of gangs or outside the context of gangs," Tita said.

Residents of Florence-Firestone are loath to discuss gangs, fearful they might end up as targets, but there are signs of change. Murders in the neighborhood dropped from 43 in 2005 to 19 in 2006, Baca said. For 2007, there were 19 murders as of December 24.

Jose Garcia sees the difference. The security doors on the store where he works aren't covered with graffiti as often and he hasn't heard a gunshot in two months.

"It used to be at least once or twice a week," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/CRIME/12/31/gangs.race.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Lil' Ruger
12-31-2007, 04:30 PM
dam i dont wanna be racist against em but sometimes hispanic niggas need to catch a hard black dude ass wuppin to show em wats wat in the streets feel me?

TeknicelStylez
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Ignorance

TAURO
12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
America needs another civil war to knock out all this tension thats been building up for a minute. All this racial hatred there is just seeping through, it just seems that if something major doesn't happen soon America is just gonna implode on itself with disasterous consequenses.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
12-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Pure Ignorance On Mexicans Half ....Good Thing I Aint Mexican......We Gotta Unite And Take Down The System As One ,,,,,Not Divided

SKAMPOE
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Punisher Be Takin All Ya Stupid Heros Out

J-Cee
01-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Kill all the white men.

LORD NOSE
01-01-2008, 08:44 AM
LA ain't no joke with that shit

that shit is straight Mexico right now

EAGLE EYE
01-01-2008, 09:04 AM
cant wait to see what kind of deep rooted racist comments are posted by the usual wannabe righteous card pullers

Longbongcilvaringz
01-01-2008, 09:07 AM
mexicans > whites

HANZO
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
why though, aint blacks and mexicans living in the same shitty ghetto's?? aint they in the same social situations?? are they not both seen as the lower class of american citizens??? they have a lot in common so why kill each other.

EAGLE EYE
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
cilvaringz wishes he was latino

SickSide
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Punisher Be Takin All Ya Stupid Heros Out

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

Oztradamus
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Those west coast Messicans be wylin' but they don't represent me or my people... Those are just dumb gangbangers who never get out of their neighborhood and see the world. It's just pure ignorance and it sickens me.

SaqurakiHanamichi
01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
when u join a prison u have to join a gang

its spanish with spanish
black with black
white with white ,

they just bring that to the streets

but ya mexicans HATE black people .

TeknicelStylez
01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Yea when I was in Jail, I used to play spades with black people and dominoes with Spanish people. I used to be cool with a lot of Black people and Spanish people. To tell you the truth it was mainly the Spanish people that were racist. I never had a Black person pull me aside and go, "Yo why you chill with those Spics for", but there was plenty of that from White/Spanish people. The majority of Spanish people have this idea that their race is superior for some reason, and it has to stop, it's like that white boy mentality.

sarr
01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
what if your Italian...do you go with the hispanics or the whites? how about Jews and arabs? who do they go with over there?

im not from the usa so i dont know what its really like up there unless shows like OZ are realistic

TeknicelStylez
01-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Shows like Oz are NOT realistic. There isn't a lot of white people in my area so I couldn't tell you. The handful I did see though went with the Hispanics. Never seen a Jew in jail, the Arab, funny you should mention that, I was locked up with some guy from Jerusalem that was obsessed with spades. He used to walk right up to like 6 Bloods and ask them for a deck of cards. I called him Old Jerusalem, lol.

sarr
01-01-2008, 06:34 PM
lol

yea but i would assume thered be groups or gangs for the other races too...like i heard theres alota Italians in american jails (mafioso or whatever) so they would stick together...but people like Jews and arabs and other people that wouldnt have many people to hang with that are like their own...wouldnt they become easy prey for the larger groups? like ...Ass-prey? know what im saying? lol

TeknicelStylez
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
That rape shit doesn't really occur, probably in east Caza Carajo Land, Redneck Village. I could see a majority white prison having a lot of rapes. As far as people praying on the loners, it's not really like that, theres actually rules to Gang Banging that say you can't fuck with somebody weaker than you, and you'd probably get fucked up bad as a punishment for doing so. For the most part in my area, it's Latin Kings vs Bloods, don't let that Soprano's bullshit fool you, I never seen any mobsters in Jersey after the 90's and even than they wasn't as great as they're made out to be. The mafia is just something the white people glorify so they have an Edge that they can hold onto in the criminal underworld, "we're bad ass too", type of thing. Bloods rule the Jail's, Prisons, Juvenile Detention Centers, the vast majority of prison inmates are Blood affiliated, don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

TeknicelStylez
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
The Blood populace is so strong behind bars in areas like mine that upon incarceration if you was to tell the CO that you're affiliated with CRIPS or any other gang that bangs 6, you would automatically be placed in PC Unit (Protective Custody).

sarr
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
cheers for clearin that up

zigzag...whats a letter boy? feds?

EAGLE EYE
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
That rape shit doesn't really occur, probably in east Caza Carajo Land, Redneck Village. I could see a majority white prison having a lot of rapes. As far as people praying on the loners, it's not really like that, theres actually rules to Gang Banging that say you can't fuck with somebody weaker than you, and you'd probably get fucked up bad as a punishment for doing so. For the most part in my area, it's Latin Kings vs Bloods, don't let that Soprano's bullshit fool you, I never seen any mobsters in Jersey after the 90's and even than they wasn't as great as they're made out to be. The mafia is just something the white people glorify so they have an Edge that they can hold onto in the criminal underworld, "we're bad ass too", type of thing. Bloods rule the Jail's, Prisons, Juvenile Detention Centers, the vast majority of prison inmates are Blood affiliated, don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

lmao at your depiction of the mafia

TeknicelStylez
01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I have to keep the hate flowing. Mobsters is mad thugged out whether they like it or not, they according the same with gang members, it's all blood money in the end. But one side is portrayed as the lesser of the two evils and put in heroic standpoints, yet the minority character in a less fortunate circumstance is discriminated against as the evil in society.

Fuck you crackers.

EAGLE EYE
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
ahahahahahaha

L~>1<~NKS
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
This Outkast joint sounds like an 8 Diagrams track:

http://www.pjbutta.com/Content/Music/Share/Track.aspx?source=MusicShareBootlegs&id=00002539

Good shit.

SHRAP
01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
dam i dont wanna be racist against em but sometimes hispanic niggas need to catch a hard black dude ass wuppin to show em wats wat in the streets feel me?

shut the fuck up oreo

http://www.louisegraham.com/stilllife/oreo100.jpg

FatherSl!me
01-01-2008, 11:29 PM
nah i dont feel u. u actin like blacks are the only ones that run the streets. read this zig quote & learn something
THERE'S A RIFT BETWEEN BLACKS N LATINOS I THINK. PARTICULARLY IN GENERATION Y. I CAN FEEL THE RIFT. THERE'S A LOT OF LATINO DUDES THAT HATE TO SEE A BLACK DUDE WITH A LATINA WOMAN. THERE'S BLACK DUDES THAT HATE LATION MEN CUZ THEY FEEL THEY "TOO COCKY." LATINA WOMEN THAT HATE BLACK MEN IN THINK THEY MONKEYS AND BLACK WOMEN WHO HATE LATINA WOMEN CUZ THEY HAVE BIG BOOTYS LIKE THEM N GOOD HAIR ETC...

IN SOUTH AMERICA DARKER SKIN LATINOS ARE LOOKED AS DEMONS OR ANIMALS ETC... N THEY WORSHIP THE LIGHTER SKIN PALED ONES. I BLAME THAT TYPE OF THINKING OF THE WHITE EURO SLAVE OWNERS BRAINWASHING THEM AS WELL AS THE PRACTICES OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN SOUTH AMERICA. SO I CAN SEE WHERE THE MEX GANGS GET THAT DISLIKE FOR BLACKS FROM.

I THINK THERE IS ALSO A RIFT AS WELL STEMMING FROM HIPHOP/REGGATON CULTURE. HIPHOP WAS BUILT FROM BLACK AND LATINOS. BUT BLACK PPL TEND TO LEAVE OUT THE LATINOS THAT HELPED PAVED THE WAY FOR HIPHOP. HIPHOP STARTED IN THE BX. IF U FROM HERE THERE'S NOTHING BUT BLACKS AND LATINOS UP HERE. BUT EVERYTIME WE CELEBRATE HIPHOP WE LEAVE OUT THE LATINO PIONEERS N SOME LATINO PIONEERS ARE UPSET OVER THE LACK OF RECOGNITION. WE FORGET THAT ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE COLDCRUSH BROS WAS PR. WE FORGET ABOUT HOW MANY OF THE BBOYS, DJS, GRAFFITI TAGGERS WERE LATINO. I SEE IT MYSELF. PPL DONT RECOGNIZE PPL LIKE TONY TOUCH, ROSIE PEREZ, AND OTHERS INFLUENCE ON THE GENRE AS WELL AS COUNTLESS OTHERS.

SO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? WELL...

OUT IN PANAMA THERE'S THIS NEW MUSIC CALLED SPANISH REGGAE. IT WAS CREATED OUT OF MOSTLY BLACK HISPANICS WHO PRACTICE RASTAFARIAN BELIEFS. IT SPREADS THROUGH OUT THE CARRIBEAN PATICULARLY SPANISH SPEAKIN COUNTRIES. PUERTO RICAN ARTIST LIKE IVY QUEEN N TEGO CALDERON TAKE NOTICE N TAKE TO ANOTHER LEVEL WITH MORE OF A DANCEHALL TYPE SOUND IN THUS BEGANST REGGATON. NOW LATINOS HAVE A MUSIC GENRE N CULTURE THEY CAN BE PROUD OF AND NO ONE CAN TAKE IT FROM THEM CUZ THEY ALONE CREATED IT.

N NOW HERE'S WHERE "THE MAN" USES THE TO CULTURES TO COLLIDE N CAUSE RACIAL TENSIONS.

WHITE MEN HAVE CAPITALIZED ON THE HIPHOP CULTURE FOR SOMETIME ID SAY ABOUT 15 YEARS. NOW HERE'S THE NEW CULTURE FOR THEM TO RUIN AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF.

NOW WITH THE LIKES OF NEW ARTISTS LIKE DADDY YANKEE AND DON OMAR BEING THE FRONT MEN AND LEADERS OF THE NEW PHENOMENOM WHICH IS REGGAETON. THE WHITE MAN HAS SPREADED THE CULTURE THROUGH OUT AMERICA. LATINOS THAT USE TO BE BIG 2PAC OR BIGGIE FANS N DRESSED OR LOOK UP TO JAY-Z's, 50 cents, or BEYONCES.... now want to be like DADDY YANKEE, DON OMAR, AND IVY QUEEN ETC...

U SEE A LOT OF CROSSOVERS CUZ OF THIS FROM EVEN NOTABLY LATINO HIPHOP ARTIST/DJS...(NOREGA, TONY TOUCH, JLO) FROM HIPHOP TO REGGATON.

NOW HERE'S WHERE THE RIFTS COME. INSTEAD OF LABELS N RADIO STATIONS SLOWLY INTERGRADING THE NEW CULTURE/MUSIC GENRE IN THEY RUSH IT IN. AND FORCE IT ON PPL (BLACKS) WHO ARE UNFAMILIAR AND DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND THE CULTURE OR ITS ROOTS. THEY "THE MAN" FORCE THE MUSIC ON HIPHOP STATIONS. IT WAS NOT VERY WELL ACCEPTED.

I REMEMBER MY EX TELLIN ME ABOUT HOW THE PUT ON THE REGGATON MUSIC ON NY AND TRI STATE AREAS STATION HOT 97. AND HOW JEALOUS N ENVIOUS BLACK PPL WERE CALLING IN AND TELLING THE DJ'S TO "STOP PLAYING THAT GARBAGE, I DON'T WANNA HERE THAT SPANISH SHIT" ETC... BEING VERY DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS THE LATINOS THAT WORK IN THAT STATION (ANGIE MARTINEZ, DJ SIFE FOR SOUNDS ETC)

SO CUZ OF THE LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THE MUSIC N CULTURE ON THE BLACK RADIO STATIONS THEY STARTED THEY OWN... EVEN NOW I THINK THE ONLY STATION THAT PLAYS A GOOD AMOUNT OF BOTH IS POWER 105. WHICH IS ARGUABLY THE NUMBER 1 STATION IN THE TRISTATE.

NOW U SEE LIKE SEPERATION N SHIT FROM THE TWO RACES. U SEE BLACK PPL CHILLIN WITH JUST BLACK PPL AND LATINOS CHILLIN WITH JUST OTHER LATINOS. EVERYBODY GOT THIS WE ARE US N THEY ARE THEM MENTALITY. IN THE 90S U SAW SO MAN BLACK N LATINO COUPLES N BLACK N LATINOS HANGING PARTYING N CHILLING TOGETHER. NOW ITS NOT AS PREVELENT. SOME SAY THAT KINDA BOND REACH ITS PINNACLE WITH PUFFY USE 2 DATE JLO (LOL)... THEN AFTER THEY BROKE UP AT THE TURN OF THE CENTURY THAT BOND WENT OUT THE WINDOW.

NOW EVERYBODY HATING ON EACH OTHER CUZ OF THE DIFFERENCE IN CULTURE. U GOT BLACK PPL BEING LIKE "fUCK THEM NIGGAZ THEY THINK THEY ALL DAT ETC... N SHITTIN ON THE MUSIC WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY CREATED BY BLACK LATINS. THEN U GOT LATINOS LIKE YO FUCK THEM NIGGAZ N THEY NAPPY HEAD THEY ALWAYS STARTIN SHIT ETC...RAP AINT BEEN GOOD SINCE PAC N BIGGIE DIED" ETC.... NOT EVEN KNOWING THAT LATINOS HELP BUILD HIPHOP N THAT CULTURE. N LATINO ARTIST STILL PLAY A PART IN THE CULTURE TODAY (FAT JOE, BABY BASH, PITBULL ETC)

I APPLAUD THOSE BLACK ARTIST THAT HAVE CAME OUT N SUPPORTED THE HISPANICS N THE REGGATON MOVEMENT (JIM JONES, R KELLY, BEYONCE) AND I APPLAUD THE REGGATON ARTIST THAT CAME OUT N SUPPORTED THE HIPHOP CULTURE (DADDY YANKEE, TEGO CALDERON ETC).

ALL IN ALL IF WE JUST SUPPORTED EACH OTHER N REALIZE WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS THE SITUATION OVER THERE IN CALI WOULDN'T BE SO RACIALLY MOTIVATED.

NOW WHO SAYS I CANT DROP KNOWLEDGE STILL? http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif

well said :clap:

EAGLE EYE
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
i heard white people run quite a few things as well.

FatherSl!me
01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
i heard white people run quite a few things as well.
its called USA

SKAMPOE
01-02-2008, 07:16 AM
lol word up

Lox-the-5th
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
blacks and latinos need to chill on that hatred and killin each other.

all it does is leave more minority ppl dead and plays right into the hands of governor Mc Whitey from texas who thinks minorities should be 'dealt with' more aggressively.

Mc Whitey will just pump more federal funding into aggressive trigger-happy cops who hate anything that has a name like jamal or josť.

TeknicelStylez
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
From the outside looking in, pointing directions. You know the answer, I know the answer, but they don't, because there too busy shooting at eachother.

CherChezLaMarauder
01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Why are drugs, liquor stores, pawn shops, fast food restaurants etc etc easier to find in Jamaica Queens than say..... The Jamaica Estates?

CherChezLaMarauder
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Pffffffftsfdfdfvdfffffft, get the fuck outta here LOL!

L~>1<~NKS
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
and saying shit like "blacks and latinos need to cooperate" against the "real" enemy is at best naive. and trust me, there's nothing i'd find more entertaining than to see every gang from DC to NYC all bind together, storm capitol hill, take congress hostage, and force radical changes in this country's system of government, but you know what?

not gonna happen.

I feel that.

But you know that's a double edged sword.

CherChezLaMarauder
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
this isn't about gangs, it's about poverty (Pah-vr-tee for those who never heard of the word).

TAURO
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
this isn't about gangs, it's about poverty (Pah-vr-tee for those who never heard of the word).

That answer is misguided.

CherChezLaMarauder
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Gonna have to come with more than that.

TAURO
01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Gonna have to come with more than that.

Every society on earth has poverty, but not all have gangs at the level of the united states......still need more?

CherChezLaMarauder
01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't see gangs roaming around Beverly Hills or The Hamptons, do you? How about a dude named King Reyez, D.D.S. LOL! Ever chilled at a 5 star hotel and see some Damu with a red hankerchief covering his face order salmon?

V4D3R
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Every society on earth has poverty, but not all have gangs at the level of the united states......still need more?
Brazil is up there.

cap
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM

fuck outta here tec!!

gangbangers are pathetic no-life having,street slime,while the mafia is an organisation that has a lot of history and goed back centuries,dont even compare these 2...

ps : im not glorifying the mafia,but i have to admit im fascinated by it,(most people are)

in its prime the italian mafia ran the new york area (not just the streets) so get the fuck outta here,they had meetings to pick the governor,senator or mayor of certain areas,aint no crip,blood or bean eating muthafucka ever had it like that.

the mafia put kenneddy in power and when he didnt do what they wanted they blasted his head off,and never did one italian ever do a day for it.

how the fuck can you compare the 2??
suck a dick