PDA

View Full Version : DMX To Release Two Albums on the Same Day

tragedykhadafi12
01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
If you’ve ever been a fan of DMX, then its pretty obvious you would know how much God plays a part in the life and times of Earl Simmons. While most of DMX’s content has been built for the streets, there’s always been at least one song on each of his albums that deals with the spiritual side of Dark Man X.
Now, DMX has decided to go full speed with the word of God and will be putting out a Gospel-rap album in 2008 to coincide with a regular Hip Hop album that will both be released on the same day.
"I [was] the first nigga to put out two albums in one year [It's Dark and Hell Is Hot and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood in 1998], now I'm gonna hit 'em again — drop two albums on the same fuckin' day, yo," X said to MTV. "A double album will make muthafuckas mad, because they gotta spend more money — plus it's already a long [double] album. I'm talking about a hip-hop album and a gospel album."
The name of the project will be Walk With Me Now and You'll Fly With Me Later which will serve as the title for both albums.
"The same title is gonna be on both albums, but on one album one part [of the title] is gonna be [highlighted]," he explains. "(On) the other album, the other name is gonna be [highlighted]."

This is yet another interesting turn in the tumultuous career of DMX. While being a high profile artist who has released his fair share of platinum albums, X couldn’t keep himself out of trouble with the law. Issues stemming from drug use and DUI charges have cast a dark cloud over the troubled artist. He took an extended break from Hip Hop after his Year of the Dog, Again album became the first of his solo albums to not debut at #1 (“They fucked my shit up,” X says in regards to his first release on Sony after spending his music career on Def Jam). He even contemplated giving up Hip Hop as a whole to become a minister.
Now we will see if X can reclaim his past glory with this interesting release. Check for Walk With Me Now and You'll Fly With Me Later to be released later this year on Bodog Music.
http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/inc/html/default/img/skin/icon-dx.jpg

Reiko
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I wil spend some money for it fo sho'. Always got love X.

Jin10304
01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
wtf happened to The Ressurection Of Hip Hop?

tragedykhadafi12
01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
just changed the title

11th Chamber
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Just hope he gives us the old X we know and love, not the recent X

sarr
01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
he wont give us that ol x we know and love...he hasnt done that for a long time...everytime he released an lp somebody says what you said and people get dissapointed

step ya rap game up X...i know you got it in ya to be one of the best...and lay off the heavy drugs!

HANZO
01-03-2008, 04:02 PM
he should release a 3rd with a whole set of damien tracks. a whole album that tells a continous story. now thats an idea.

tragedykhadafi12
01-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Im looking forward to these. I liked dmx's last album, there are definitely a bunch of songs on there that I can get hype to at the gym

11th Chamber
01-03-2008, 10:33 PM
he should release a 3rd with a whole set of damien tracks. a whole album that tells a continous story. now thats an idea.

yeaaaa Damien is my shit. Still play the fuck out of that track

12weLvE
01-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah I dint like that resurection of hip hop tittle. Nobody can take this shit away from the south now...all everybody wants to do is dance lol.

I ll cop em.

TGambino
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
i dunno bout this.. but i always been rooting for X i hope he sells a lot of records again. if its good i'll cop the retails.

swizz-chef
01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
yes, goood news

Edgar Erebus
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow, that'd be a fine ass projects.

(Yo, pleeeeeeeease... make Swizzie do some good beats, that shit on last album was corny)

-IrOnBuLL-
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Dmx Iz The Truth

murkoutz
01-04-2008, 05:18 PM
hope it works out for him. it kinda irks me tho when people make one kinda music and then wanna do something churchy. hes gonna be all kill me like 50 niggaz on one cd then be like i wanna thank the lord for allowing me to kill 50 niggaz on the other. but whatever. thats my dude anyway

EAGLE EYE
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
hahahahahahahahahhaahhaa

the cocaine is what provoked this marketing idea. X needs to fucking slow down.

+ seeing him preach would be some ground breaking shit. That would be a good concept for a reality tv show.

RynMur
01-05-2008, 01:52 AM
A gospel album...haha that sounds wack. Especially when he's putting out another album the same day, prob about killing people.