PDA

View Full Version : Knowing every square inch

Black Man
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
It was the opinion of Sir William Jones, that a great nation of Blacks* formely possessed the dominion of Asia, and held the seat of empire at Sidon. These must have been the people called by Mr. Maurice Cushites or Cuthites, described in Genesis; and the opinion that they were Blacks is corroborated by the translators of the Pentateuch, called the Seventy, constantly rendering the word Cush by Ethiopia. …

The religion of Buddha, of India, is well known to have been very ancient. In the most ancient temples scattered throughout Asia, where his worship is yet continued, he is found black as jet, with the flat face, thick lips, and curly hair of the Negro. Several statues of him may be met with the East-India Company. There are two exemplars of him brooding on the face of the deep, upon a coiled serpent. To what time are we to allot this Negro ? He will be proved to have been prior to Cristna. He must have been prior to or contemporaneous with the black empire, supposed by Sir William Jones to have flourished at Sidon. The religion of this Negro God is found, by the ruins of his temples and other circumstances, to have been spread over an immense extent of country, even to the remotest parts of Britain, and to have been professed by devotees inconceivably numerous. …

The circumstance of the translators of the Septuagint version of the Pentateuch having rendered the word Cush by the word Ethiopia, is a very decisive proof that the theory of two Ethiopias is well founded. Let the translators have been who they may, it is totally impossible to believe that they could be so ignorant as to suppose that the African Ethiopia could border on the Euphrates, or that the Cushites could be African Ethiopia.

Eusebius* states the Ethiopians to have come and settled in Egypt, in the time of Amenophis. According to this account, as well as to the account given by Philostratus,** there was no such country as Ethiopia beyond Egypt until this invasion. According to Eusebius these people came from the river Indus, and planted themselves to the south of Egypt, in the country called from them Ethiopia. The circumstances named by Eusebius that they came from the Indus, at all events, implies that they came from the East, and not from the South, and would induce a person to suspect them as having crossed the Red Sea from Arabia; …

Black Man
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Herodotus says, that there were two Ethiopian nations, one in India, the other in Egypt. He derived his information from the Egyptoian priests, a race of people who must have known the truth; …

Philostratus* says, that the Gymnosophists of Ethiopia, who settle near the sources of the Nile, descended from the Bramins of India, having been driven thence for the murder of their king.** This, Philostratus says, he learnt from an ancient Brahmin, called Jarchas.
Another ancient writer, Eustathius, also states, that the Ethiopians came from India. These concurring accounts can scarcely be doubted; and here may be discovered the mode and time also when great numbers of ancient rites and ceremonies might be imported from India into Egypt; …

Black Man
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Mr. Wilsford, in his treatise on Egypt and the Nile, in the Asiatic Researches, informs us, that many very ancient statues of the God Buddha in India have crisp, curly hair, with flat noses and thick lips; and adds, "nor can it be reasonably doubted, that a race of Negroes formerly had power and pre-eminence in India."
This is confirmed by Mr. Maurice, who says, "The figures in the Hindoo caverns are of a very different character from the present race of Hindoos : their countenances are broad and full, the nose flat, and the lips, particularly the under lip, remarkably thick." …
Justin states, that the Phœnecians being obliged to leave their native country in the East, they settled first near the Assyrian Lake, which is the Persian Gulf; and Maurice says, "We find an extensive district, named Palestine, to the east of the Euphrates and Tigris. The word Palestine seems derived from Pallisthan, the seat of the Pallis or Shepherds." Palli, in India, means Shepherd.
… It is a well-known fact that our Hindoo soldiers when they arrived in Egypt, in the late war, recognized the Gods of their country in the ancient temples, particularly their God Cristna.
The striking similarity, indeed identity, of the style of architecture and the ornaments of the ancient Egyptian and Hindoo temples, Mr. Maurice has proven beyond all doubt. …

Black Man
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
… In my Essay on The Celtic Druids, I have shewn, that a great nation called Celtæ, of whom the Druids were the priests, spread themselves almost over the whole earth, and are to be traced in their rude gigantic monuments from India to the extremities of Britain. Who these can have been but the early individuals of the black nation of whom we have been treating I know not, and in this opinion I am not singular. The learned Maurice says, "Cuthites, i. e. Celts, built the great temples in India and Britain, and excavated the caves of the former."* And the learned Mathematician, Reuben Burrow, has no hesitation in pronouncing Stonehenge to be a temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha.

Prince Rai
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
any pics of this buddha you speak of?

Black Man
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
any pics of this buddha you speak of?

nope, sorry wish i had some. closest thing i've seen as a depiction of "buddha" are statues. a quick google search should help out though. i look and see what i can find for you.

have you ever heard that "buddhism" is older than "hinduism"?

BornPower
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
before you pointed that out, I should have realized that the man known as Buddha was a man of color...
good stuff!

Prince Rai
01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
nope, sorry wish i had some. closest thing i've seen as a depiction of "buddha" are statues. a quick google search should help out though. i look and see what i can find for you.

thanks

have you ever heard that "buddhism" is older than "hinduism"?

no i havent black, i thought buddhism came later on. buddhism perhaps even emanated from hinduism or offshoots of hiduism like jainism etc.

Prince Rai
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
i also heard stories of black clans in india. i assumed they would have been sent there by the british during the british rule there.

Black Man
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
no i havent black, i thought buddhism came later on. buddhism perhaps even emanated from hinduism or offshoots of hiduism like jainism etc.

from my conclusion based on my research buddhism came before hinduism and this is widely accepted in the east however in the west it's taught that hinduism is older than buddhism. i will post some more information on this particular subject and maybe it'll help give a little insight on this particular subject and you can come to your own conclusion and understanding.

remember buddhism didn't start with siddartha he's only one of many buddhas.

Black Man
01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
i also heard stories of black clans in india. i assumed they would have been sent there by the british during the british rule there.

even before the british came the indus valley was known as ethiopia/kush. it's said that ethiopia had two nations one in so-called africa and the other was the indus valley civilization. if i remember correctly ivan van sertima speaks on this in one of his books....african presence in early asia. other writers/scholars/historians also back this idea up. there's also physical evidence that shows this to be fact.

this too i will strive to provide some information on.

LORD NOSE
01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
isn't Cush the combination of Sudan,Egypt, and Ethiopia ?

Black Man
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
isn't Cush the combination of Sudan,Egypt, and Ethiopia ?

honestly i don't know. it may have been that at one point in time however i can't say for sure. the boundries of nations have changed dramatically over time. in the bible when it describes the garden of eden you'll find that it stretched from the nile to the tigris all the way to the indus valley (india) so with that said you may be right. let me know whats up if you find out and i'll do the same. i'll check into that.

LORD NOSE
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
honestly i don't know. it may have been that at one point in time however i can't say for sure. the boundries of nations have changed dramatically over time. in the bible when it describes the garden of eden you'll find that it stretched from the nile to the tigris all the way to the indus valley (india) so with that said you may be right. let me know whats up if you find out and i'll do the same. i'll check into that.

for some time i thought this - don't know exactly where i got that thought from though

it was also said that the so called Adam and Eve were Made in the Sudan
Then Placed in the Garden (Eden,Paradise,Arabia)

The similarities in Sudan and Saudi ....... ?

i was told that Su Dan means 2 Blacks

gotta list this for those who will sneer at what i just wrote

according to Websters Dictionary, Egypt and Ethiopia mean.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/LOUDBIRD/ETHIOPIA.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/LOUDBIRD/EGYPT.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/LOUDBIRD/cush.jpg

osiris3000
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Pictures are in van sertimas book APIEA and runoko rashidi's books

TSA
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
the Axum empire never penetrated into India

Yemen and saudi arabia only

i was too lazy to read but i hope its not implying the ran india

nevertheless i this buddah was black too, the chinesse has accounts of a black buddah

*cracks knuckles and prepares for race war II, blacks vs. asians*

diggy
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Good work, Black Man.

STYLE
01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
veitnamese
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/bfnmusic/BFN%20Asia/Blogs/Black%20Buddha/buddhavietnam.jpg

thailand
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/bfnmusic/BFN%20Asia/Blogs/Black%20Buddha/buddhathailand.jpg

thailand
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/bfnmusic/BFN%20Asia/Blogs/Black%20Buddha/buddathailand9thcentury.jpg

india
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/bfnmusic/BFN%20Asia/Blogs/Black%20Buddha/buddhaindian.jpg

china
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/bfnmusic/BFN%20Asia/Blogs/Black%20Buddha/buddhachinese.jpg

diggy
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Oh ya. I know a girl from Thailand. She says there are blacks there. They are the origional inhabitants.

LORD NOSE
01-04-2008, 01:53 AM
they are all our sperm cells manifesting themselves lol

diggy
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Yep

Sometimes I think of humans as sperm cell generally.

Black Man
01-04-2008, 07:54 AM
On the first view, it seems rather an extraordinary circumstance statues of the gods of the ancients should be represented of a black colour; or that they should have been made of a stone as nearly black as it could be obtained. Where the stone cannot be obtained quite black, a stone was often used similar to our blue slate, of a very dark blue colour; … it is evident that the intention was to represent a black complexion; of this there can be no doubt. ...

Eusebius informs us, on the authority of Porphyry, "That the Egyptians acknowledged intellectual author or creator of the world, under the name of Cneph; and that they worshiped him in a statue of human form and dark blue complexion. " …

In the Evangelical Preparation of Eusebius,* is a passage which pretty well proves that the worship of Vishnu or Cristna or was held in Egypt, under the name of Kneph : … "The Egyptians, it is said, represented the Demiurgos Knep, as of a blue colour, bordering on black, with a girdle and a sceptre."**

Mr. Maurice says, "That Osiris, too, the black divinity of Egypt, and Chreeshna, the sable shepherd-God of Mathura, have the striking similitude of character, intimidated by Mr. Wilford, cannot be disputed, any more than that Chreeshna, from his rites continuing so universally to flourish in India, from such remote periods down to the present day, was the prototype, and Osiris the mythological copy. Both are renowned legislators and conquerors, contending equally with physical and spiritual foes : both are denominated the Sun; both descend to the shades and raise the dead."*

Black Man
01-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Again he says, "Now it is not a little remarkable that a dark blue tint, approaching to black, as his name signifies, was of the complexion of Chreeshna, who is considered by the Hindoos not so much an avatar, as the person of the great Veeshnu himself, the human form."* That is, he was incarnate, or in the flesh, as Jesus was said to be.

For reasons which the reader will soon see, I am inclined to think that Osiris was not the copy of Cristna, but of the earlier God, Buddha.

That by Osiris was meant to Sun, it is now allowed by every writer who has treated on the antiquities of Egypt. Mr. Maurice, as the reader sees, states him to have been black and that the Mnevis, or sacred bull, of Heliopolis, the symbol of Osiris, was also black. Osiris is allowed, also, to be the Seeva of India,* one of the three persons of the Indian God—Bramha, Vishnu or Cristna, and Seeva, of whom the bull of the zodiac was the symbol.

It is curious to observe the number of trifling circumstances which constantly occur to prove the identity of the Hindoos and Egyptians, or rather the Ethiopians. The word Nile, in the Indian language, means black. … But the name of Nile was a modern one, (comparatively speaking,) a translation of the ancient name of this river, which last Siri. …

The ancient name, as we have said, was Sir, or Siri, the same as O-sir, or Osiris, who was always black; after whom it was called, and by whom was meant the sun. Thus it was called the river of the sun, or the river sun, or the river of Osiris—as we say, the river of the Amazons, or the river Amazon. …

Black Man
01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I have some suspicion that O-siris is a Greek corruption; that the name ought, as already mentioned, to be what is called by Hellanicus, Ysiris or Isiris, and that it is derived from, or rather I should say is the same as, Iswara of India. Iswara and Isi are the same as Osiris and Isis—the male and female procreative powers of nature.

... Eusebius says the Egyptians called Osiris, Surius, and that, in Persia, was the old name of the sun.

Osiris and his Bull were black; all the Gods and Goddesses of Greece were black: at least this was the case with Jupiter, Bacchus, Hercules, Apollo, Ammon.
The Goddesses Venus, Isis, Hecati, Diana, Juno, Metis, Ceres, Cybile, are black. The Multi-mammia is black in the Campidoglio at Rome, and in Montfaucon, Antiquity explained.

On the colour of the Gods of the ancients, and of the identity of them all with the God Sol, and with the Cristna of India, nothing more need be said. The reader has already seen the striking marks of similarity in the history of Cristna and the stories related of Jesus in the Romish and heretical books. He probably will not think that their effect is destroyed, as Mr. Maurice flatters himself, by the word Cristna in the Indian language signifying black, and the God being of that colour, when he is informed, of what Mr. Maurice was probably ignorant, that in all the Romish countries of Europe, in France, Italy, Germany, &c., the God Christ, as well as his mother, are described in their old pictures and statues to be black. The infant God in the arms of his black mother, his eyes and drapery white, is himself perfectly black. ...

Black Man
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
There is scarcely an old church in Italy were some remains of the worship of the BLACK VIRGIN and BLACK CHILD are not to be met with. Very often the black figures have given way to white ones, and in these cases the black ones, as being held sacred, were put into retired places in the churches, but were not destroyed, but are yet to be found there. ... They are generally esteemed by the rabble with the most profound veneration.

If the author had wished to invent a circumstance to corroborate the assertion, that the Romish Christ of Europe is the Cristna of India, how could he have desired anything more striking than the fact of the black Virgin and Child being so common in the Romish countries of Europe ? A black virgin and child among the white Germans, Swiss, French, and Italians ! ! !

The Romish Cristna is black in India, black in Europe, and black he must remain—like the ancient gods of Greece, as we have just seen. But, after all, what was he but the Jupiter, the second person of their Trimurti or Trinity, the Logos of Parmenides and Plato, an incarnation or emanation of the solar power ?

Kephrem
01-04-2008, 08:39 AM
It's interesting how a particular symbol of the Black Buddha was the ancient swastika. Yet when it was jacked by German Nazi occultists during World War 2 it became a universally recognized 'symbol of hatred'.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/51397eb86f.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/655f042154.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/da053f2151.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/645363cf55.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://www.teachasiaonline.com/pmwiki/uploads/Main/ONG-BAK.jpg
The plot of the movie Ong Bak revolved arounda a Black Buddha head

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/512fa8b69c.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
Occasionaly representations of Nagas are seen around statues of the ancient Buddha.

I always found the eytmology of the word king (in Ethiopia - Negus) to be interesting for its apparent archaic connection with the Nagas and to the dreaded ''N Word''.

king
O.E. cyning, from P.Gmc. *kuninggaz (cf. Du. koning, O.H.G. kuning, O.N. konungr, Dan. konge, Ger. könig). Possibly related to O.E. cynn "family, race" (see kin), making a king originally a "leader of the people;" or from a related root suggesting "noble birth," making a king originally "one who descended from noble birth." The sociological and ideological implications make this a topic of much debate. Finnish kuningas "king," O.C.S. kunegu "prince" (Rus. knyaz, Boh. knez), Lith. kunigas "clergyman" are loans from Gmc.

Negus
title of the ruler of Abyssinia, 1594, from Amharic negush "king," from stem of nagasha "he forced, ruled."

Abyssinia of course is Ethiopia which according to the information being posted by Black Man (which I believe is from Gerald Masseys writings) it once extended from East Africa through Palestine to India.

The word Ethiop from the On Line Etymology Dictionary:

Ethiop
1382, from L. Æthiops "Ethiopian," from Gk. Aithiops, perhaps from aithein "to burn" + ops "face" (cf. aithops "fiery-looking," later "sunburned").

"The 'Ethiopians' are mentioned by Homer as a people dwelling in the far east and the far west; in later Gr. the name was applied chiefly to the inhabitants of Africa south of Egypt, but also to peoples of swarthy complexion in other parts of the world."

Black Man
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
The statue of Cristna in the temple of Mathura is black, and the temple is built in the form of a cross,* and stands due East and West. "It is evident the Hindoos must have known the use of the Gnomon at a very remote period. Their religion commands that the four sides of their temples should correspond with the four cardinal points of the Heavens, and they are all so constructed."**

Black Man
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
The time has now arrived when it becomes proper to enter upon an examination of the doctrines of the celebrated Buddha of India, which were the foundations of all the mythoses of the Western nations, as well as of those which we have seen of Cristna; and from these two were supplied most of the superstitions which became engrafted into the religion of Jesus Christ.

I shall shew, that Buddha and Cristna were only renewed incarnations of the same Being, and that Being the Solar power, or a principle symbolized by the Sun—a principle made by the sun visible to the eyes of mortals : and particularly exhibiting himself in his glory at the vernal equinox, in the heavenly constellation known by the name of Taurus, as BUDDHA, and subsequently in that of Aries, as CRISTNA.

"Buddha is variously pronounced and expressed Boudh, Bod, Bot, But, Bad, Budd, Buddou, Boutta, Bota, Budso, Pot, Pout, Pota, Poti, and Pouti. The Siamese make the final T or D quiescent, and sound the word Po; whence the Chinese still further vary it to Pho or Fo. In the Talmudic dialect the name is pronounced Poden or Pooden; whence the city, which one contained the temple of Sumnaut or Suman-nath, is called Patten-Sumnaut. The braod sound of the U or Ou or Oo, passes in the variation Patten into A, pronounced Ah or Au; and in a similar manner, when the P is sounded B, we meet with Bad, Bat, and Bhat. All these are in fact no more than a ringing of changes on the cognate letters B and P, T and D. Another of his names is Saman, which is varied into Somon, Somono, Samana, Suman-Nath, and Sarmana. From this was borrowed the sectarian appellation of Samaneans, or Sarmaneans. A third is Gautama, which is indifferently expressed Gautameh, Godama, Godam, Codam, Cadan, Cardam, and Cardana. A fourth is Saca, Sacya, Siaka, Shaka, Xaca, Xaca-Muni or Xaca-Menu and Kia, which is the uncompounded form of Sa-Kia. A fifth is Dherma, or Dharma, or Dherma-rajah. A sixth is Hermias, Her-Moye, or Heri-Maya. A seventh is Datta, Dat-Alreya, That-Dalna, Date, Tat or Tot, Deva-Tut or Deva-Twasta. An eighth is Jain, Jina, Chin, Jain-Deo, Chin-Deo, or Jain-Eswar. A ninth is Ahran. A tenth is Mahi-Man, Mai-Man, or (if Om is added) Mai-Man-Om. An eleventh is Min-Eswara, formed by the same title Min or Man or Menu joined to Eswara. A twelfth is Gomat or Gomat-Eswara. A thiteenth, when he is considered as Eswara or Siva, is Ma-Esa or Har-Esa; that is to say, the great Esa or the Lord Esa. A fourteenth is Dagon or Dagun, or Dak-Po. A fifteenth is Tara-Nath. And a sixteenth is Arca-Bandhu or Kinsman of the Sun."*

Black Man
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
"Wod or Vod is a mere variation of Bod; and Woden is simply the Talmudic mode of pronouncing Buddha : for in that mode of enunciation, Buddha is expressed Pooden or Poden; and Poden is undoubtedly the same word as Voden or Woden."* This etymology is assented to by Sir W. Jones, if it were not, as I believe it was, originally proposed by him. Woden was the God of the Scuths and Scandinavians, and said to be the inventor of their letters; as Hermes was the supposed inventor of the letters of the Egyptians. This, among other circumstances, tends to prove that the religion of the Celts and Scuths of the West was Buddhism. The Celtic Teutates is the Gothic Teut or Tuisto, Buddha's titles of Tat, Datta, or Twashta. Taranis is Tara-Nath. Hesus of Gaul is, Esa, Ma-Hesa, and Har-Esa. But those are by the Latin writers called Mercury.**

My reader will observe that I have given from Mr. Faber sixteen different names of Buddha, by which he undertakes to prove that he was known at different times and in different places. Mr. Faber enters at great length into the discussion of each, and proves his case, in almost every instance, in a way which cannot reasonably be disputed. ... In my Celtic Druids I have shewn that the worship of Buddha is everywhere to be found—in Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. Hu, the great God of the Welsh, is called Buddwas; and they call their God Budd, the God of victory, the king who rises in light and ascends the sky.
In Scotland, the country people frighten their children by telling them, that old Bud or the old man will take them. In India, one of the meanings of the word Buddha is old man.
In this inquiry it seems of the first consequence to ascertain the meaning of the word Buddha. From the examination of the accounts of the different authors, this celebrated word appears to have the same meaning as to the first word of Genesis, that is, Wisdom, or extremely wise, or wise in a high degree. M. Creuzer gives it savant, sage, intelligence, excellente, et supérieure. He says, it allies itself or is closely allied to the understanding, mind, intelligence unique, and supreme of God.
This is confirmed by Mr. Ward, the missionary, who tells us that Buddha is the Deity of WISDOM, as was the Minerva of Greece. When devotees pray for wisdom to their king, they say, may Buddha give thee wisdom.*

Black Man
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
In Sanscrit we have, Sanskrit Root, Budh, to know, to be aware; Budhyati, he knows, is aware; Bodhay~mi, I inform, I teach.
Buddhi, wisdom; Buddha, sage, wise; Bodha, WISDOM.
Two facts seem to be universally agreed upon by all persons who have written respecting Buddha. The first is, that at last he is always found to resolve himself into the sun, either as the sun, or as the higher principle of which the sun is the image or emblem, or of which the sun is the residence. The second is, that the word Buddha means WISDOM. Now, we cannot believe that this WISDOM would be called by so singular a name as Buddha, without a cause.

It has been observed by several philologers that the letters B D, B T, universally convey the idea either of former or of creator. But Genesis says the world was formed by WISDOM. Wisdom was the Buddha or former of the world : thus WISDOM, I conceive, became called Bud. Wisdom was the first emanation, so was Buddha. Wisdom was the Logos by which the world was formed; but Buddha was the Creator : thus the Logos and Budd are identical, the same person of the Trinity.
… I shall shew that Logos, Bud, and Rasit, were only names in different languages for the same idea.
Mr. Whiter says, "Through the whole compass of language the element B D denotes Being : hence we have the great Deity worshipped all over the East—Budda."* Then Buddha will mean the existent or self-existent wisdom, self existent as an integral part of the Trinity. He then informs us that, in Persian, Bud-en Bud, signifies to be. The same as Is, est, existo. Bud is clearly the I am that I am of our Bible; or, in the original, which has no present tense, the I shall be, or the I have been; or what, perhaps, this celebrated text may mean, THAT WHICH I HAVE BEEN, I SHALL BE—Eternity, past and future.

The ancient identity of the worship of Buddha and of Cristna, receives a strong confirmation from the fact, that the Buddhists have TEN incarnations of Buddha, the same as the followers of Cristna, and, what is remarkable, called by the same names.*

Black Man
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
… The only fact worthy of notice here is, that Buddha was universally allowed to be the first of the incarnations; that Cristna was of later date; and that, at the æra of the birth of Christ, eight of them had appeared on the earth, and that the other two were expected to follow before the end of the Cali-Yug, or of the present age. …
Between the Brahmins and the Buddhists there exists the greatest conceivable enmity … The ancient histories of the Hindoos are full of accounts of terrible wars between the different sectaries, which probably lasted, with the intermissions usual in such cases, for many generations, and extended their influence over the whole world; and we shall see in the course of this work, that, in their results, they continue to exercise an influence over the destinies of mankind.
Buddha is allowed by his enemies, the Brahmins, to have been an avatar. Then here is divine wisdom incarnate, of whom the Bull of the Zodiac was the emblem. Here he is the Protogonos or first-begotten, the God or Goddess Mhtij of the Greeks, being, perhaps, both male and female. He is at once described as divine wisdom, the Sun, and Taurus. This is the first Buddha or incarnation of wisdom, by many of the Brahmins often confounded with a person of the same name, supposed to have lived at a later day. In fact, Buddha or the wise, if the word were not merely the name of a doctrine, seems to have been an appellation taken by several persons, or one person incarnate at several periods, and from this circumstance much confusion has arisen.
The mother of Buddha was MAIA, who was also the mother of Mercury, a fact of the first importance. Of this Maia or Maja the mother of Mercury, Mr. Davies* says, "The universal genius of nature, which discriminated all things, according to their various kinds or species—the same, perhaps, as the Meth of the Ægyptians, and the Mhtij of the Orphic bards, which was of all kinds, and the author of all things.—Kai Mhtij pfwtoj genetwr. Orph. Frag." To this, Mr. Whiter adds, "to these terms belong the well-known deities Budda and Amida. The Fo of the Chinese is acknowledged to be the Fod or Budda of the Eastern world, and the Mercury of the Greeks." He then gives the following passage from Barrow's Travels : "The Budha of the Hindus was the son of Maya, and one of his epithets in Amita. The Fo of China was the son of Mo-ya, and one of his epithets is Om-e-to; and in Japan, whose natives are of Chinese origin, the same God Fo is worshipped under the name of Amida. … "

Black Man
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
The followers of Buddha teach that he descended from a celestial mansion into the womb of Maha-Maya, spouse of Soutadanna, king of Megaddha on the north of Hindostan, and member of the family of Sakya Sa-kia,* the most illustrious of the caste of Brahmins. His mother, who had conceived him, (BY A RAY OF LIGHT, according to De Guignes,) sans souillure, without defilement, that is, the conception was immaculate, brought him into the world after ten months without pain. He was born at the foot of a tree, and he did not touch the earth, Brahma having sought him to receive him in a vase of gold, and Gods, or kings the incarnations of Gods, assisted at his birth. The Mounis** and Pundits (prophets and wise men) recognized in this marvelous infant all the characters of the divinity, and he had scarcely seen the day before he was hailed Devata-Deva, God of Gods. Buddha, before he was called by the name of Buddha, or WISDOM, very early made incredible progress in the sciences. His beauty, as well as his wisdom, was more than human; and when he went abroad, crowds assembled to admire him. After a certain time he left the palace of his father, and retired into the desert, where he commenced his divine mission. There he ordained himself priest, and shaved his head with his own hands, i.e. adopted the tonsure. He there changed his name to Guatama.

Black Man
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
… But yet there is one circumstance of very great importance which is peculiar to Buddha, and forms a discriminating mark between him and Cristna, which is, that he is continually described as a Negro, not only with a black complexion, in which he agrees with Cristna, but with woolly hair and flat face. M. Creuzer observes, that the black Buddha, with frizzled or curled hair, attaches himself at the same time to the three systems into which the religion of India divides itself.
Mr. Moore, on his woolly head, says, "Some statues of Buddha certainly exhibit thick Ethiopian lips;* but all woolly hair : there is something mysterious, and unexplained, connected with the hair of this, and only of this, Indian deity. The fact of so many different tales having been invented to account for his crisped, woolly head, is alone sufficient to excite suspicion, that there is something to conceal—something to be ashamed of; more than meets the eye."**
* The lips are often tinged with red to shew that the blackness does not arise from the colour of the bronze or stone of which the image is made, but that black is the colour of the God.Buddha has his three characters, the same as Brahma, which produced three sects, like those of the Brahmins—that of Buddha or Gautama, that of Jana or Jina, and that of Arhan or Mahiman.* I think in the last of these titles may be found the Ahriman or the Ma-Ahriman, the destroyer, of Persia. But Buddha is allowed by the Brahmins to have been an incarnation of Vishnu, or to be identified with Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva, and like them he was venerated under the name OM.

LORD NOSE
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
highly informative thread

Prince Rai
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
it was defiitely enlightening, i 2nd sunny here. look forward to more. :)

Black Man
01-07-2008, 10:09 AM
highly informative thread

it was defiitely enlightening, i 2nd sunny here. look forward to more. :)

I guess I'll have to post more.....the people have spoke.

Prince Rai, did you pick up any information regarding buddhism being older the hinduism in this thread? Wasn't sure if I posted that info or not.