PDA

View Full Version : Too Short's New Album Get Off The Stage Got No Promotion

CharlesJones
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I just saw this album in the record store today and i didn't even know it was out. I didn't see any ads for it in rap magazines but then again i don't read The Source and XXL anymore because their magazines are terrible LOL. Jive records did a terrible job promoting this and if i was Too Short, i would get outta my contract with Jive. Too Short's last album Blow The Whistle got more promotion than this latest album. I don't think he had any videos from Blow The Whistle but he's probably not surprised because the last 6 albums he's done since he came back from retirement haven't had many videos anyway. He had one video from Can't Stay Away album which was Ain't No Bitches(video version was Ain't No). He had one video from Chase The Cat album which was I Luv with Daz Dillinger, Trick Daddy, Scarface. His latest album only has 10 songs and from the review i read about it at Amazon.com today, this dude said the album sucks because Too Short is still on the south's dick for his beats. The dude said he wishes Too Short would hook up again with Ant Banks and The Dangerous Crew producers for some Oakland funk like his albums had back in the day. I wish the same thing would happen but it's not because Too Short don't fuck with Oakland rappers and producers anymore since he moved to Atlanta.

Too Short's lyrics about bitches make me laugh and his song titles are funny too. He has a song called Invasion Of The Flat Booty Bitches on Can't Stay Away album. LOL@song title. He made me laugh on the song when he said he saw a bitch walking down the street and he asked her what happened to her booty LOL. Then he said she said fuck you nigga, where's your teeth hahahahahahahahahaha. He said i damn near fell jumping out the car but i slapped that bitch and slapped her hard hahahahahahahahahaha.

Hayabusa
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
yeah, too short make the funnest songs. Straight R-Rated music. me personally i was feeling Get Off the Stage. It had some southern beats but it also had some oakland hyphy beats that sounded pretty good. Just because the beats have a southern bounce does not make it a bad beat even if too short is from oakland. He still lives in ATL and it would be common that he used producers from that area.

CharlesJones
01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Check out these funny lyrics by Goldie on Too Short's Giving Up The Funk song from his Cocktails album. I laugh everytime i hear these lyrics.

Give up the pussy. Give up the head. Drop your panties, rub your tits LOL. Do a split. Yeah i like that freaky shit. Knock her out LOL. Beat her down and grab her hahahahahahahahahaha. Cause niggas be taking the pussy. Just give it up to me bitch. Don't fight it. I'm just like a bloodhound. You lick my balls and give me a rubdown. You want me to eat your pussy but you stank bitch, go scrubdown LOL. I get up inside of the pussy. Spend my day in it, lay in it, play in it, wake up and go to sleep and still stay in it hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Imagine my dick's a basketball. Your pussy is the basket. I'm a dunk. Smell the room, it stunk bitch cause you gave up the funk LOL.

BRONZBODY
01-06-2008, 02:23 AM
^^^i thought u diddnt like ignorant black men.......hes a pimp cant get no more ignorant than that........

TSA
01-06-2008, 02:38 AM
But him and Chucky J. both like dogging on bitches, everyday

though i don't think he's really doggin bitches with such perfection these days

CharlesJones
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
ThaShaolinAssassin you always got something funny and ignorant to say. You crack me up with that picture of Rick Flair in your avatar. I see he's still wrestling. I thought he retired. I haven't watched wrestling in a long time. Anyway i finally heard Too Short's Get Off The Stage album and it sucks bad. Too Short needs to get some funky beats again like he had back in the day because i'm not feeling his southern beats.

ALCATRAZ
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
when has Too $hort ever had promotion for one of his records lol

Prolifical ENG
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
"Get of the Stage" is pretty ironic because thats what he should be doing. I guess you don't know he only put that record out to try to get out of his contract with Jive....I think he has 1 more. I heard about it dropping form another board Blow the Whistle was a sick album, his best after Album Number Ten dropped.

CharlesJones
01-26-2008, 11:36 AM
LOL@you said Get Off The Stage album title should relate to him because he needs to stop rapping hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah i agree with you on that. He is old now and his beats are terrible now. He's been having problems with Jive records for awhile. That's why he quit for awhile after Gettin It album because he was trying to restructure his contract with Jive. You think Blow The Whistle album was good? LOL. That album is terrible. I didn't like any of the songs. Speakonitgod, Too Short's previous albums have gotten promotion except for What's My Favorite Word, You Nasty and Married To The Game albums.