PDA

View Full Version : lil' wayne interview

wuisforever
01-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm hoping this hasn't been posted before but about a minute in to this video lil wayne drops some verses from some track from one of his albums. It's so bad and it just shows you how he has no talent, any members of the clan would murk him in a second. The only reason to me it seems like he sells along with most hip hop artist today is because of production value. If you had gza verses without any production to go along with it, it would still be so insane. I still can't believe lil wayne thinks he is the best rapper alive and makes other people believe that stuff, even read the comments people think that.

What do you guys think about that and most of his stuff. Why is he popular. Image, good productions, or does he actually have good verses?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AyVMgjdsaCI

JRoll
01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
He sucks.

Exodus
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I like his music

not all, but he's ok

buckshotstheone
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
he's a gimmick rapper that is proving the ignorance and stupidity of today's youth. trust me, he won't be here long

11th Chamber
01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Prefered him and his old style back in like 97-98. Still drops nice tracks everyonce and a while, just dont get why so many people look at dude like is a genius or somthin

Bg_Knocc_Out
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Only reason why people like him probably is his charisma and thats the only reason people agree he's the best... same thing went with Hitler, only reason people agree'd with what he said was because of his charisma.

11th Chamber
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
same thing went with Hitler, only reason people agree'd with what he said was because of his charisma.

and because he was a super cool guy

Storm
01-11-2008, 12:06 AM
he's a gimmick rapper that is proving the ignorance and stupidity of today's youth. trust me, he won't be here long

Co-sign.

LORD ZERO
01-11-2008, 12:14 AM
He sucks.
CO-SIGN x564646546

Focus Man
01-11-2008, 01:23 AM
dont even post a thread about this dude.

Crack Killz
01-11-2008, 10:11 PM
lol he just called himself God..

wu tang much

ballistic
01-12-2008, 02:46 AM
hold on. i used to be just as scornfully dismissive, but then one of my boys played me a whole bunch of his mixtape tracks and i was actually very impressed. the incredibly witty stuff this guy comes up with off the top of his head is amazing. i had him rewind verses several times. at the same time, Lil Wayne is not the greatest or anything like that. he's one of the best inventive punchliners, but that's it. i tend to see punchline MCs as somewhat one-dimensional; they remind me of the young athletic ballers with raw talent who can't do anything but dunk. winning the dunk contest is no problem, but they have no polished skill set, no versatility or even a deep knowledge of the game. they're strictly showman. so Lil Wayne is the cream of the crop when it comes to snappy lines and charismatic athleticisms of slick phrasing, but all his skill is superficial. there isn't much beneath the surface at all. so i'm saying, it's not accurate to say he's wack, but it is important to keep him in his place. he's hot, but he's no Nas, Ghost, MF Doom, Pharoah Monche, etc.

KBOS
01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
waynes not a genuis - far from it, but he's also not a talentless fuck like most of you make him out to be.

buckshotstheone
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
hold on. i used to be just as scornfully dismissive, but then one of my boys played me a whole bunch of his mixtape tracks and i was actually very impressed. the incredibly witty stuff this guy comes up with off the top of his head is amazing. i had him rewind verses several times. at the same time, Lil Wayne is not the greatest or anything like that. he's one of the best inventive punchliners, but that's it. i tend to see punchline MCs as somewhat one-dimensional; they remind me of the young athletic ballers with raw talent who can't do anything but dunk. winning the dunk contest is no problem, but they have no polished skill set, no versatility or even a deep knowledge of the game. they're strictly showman. so Lil Wayne is the cream of the crop when it comes to snappy lines and charismatic athleticisms of slick phrasing, but all his skill is superficial. there isn't much beneath the surface at all. so i'm saying, it's not accurate to say he's wack, but it is important to keep him in his place. he's hot, but he's no Nas, Ghost, MF Doom, Pharoah Monche, etc.

Lil' Wayne = Gerald Green

ballistic
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
lol! yeah basically.