PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z listening to Quasimoto's The Unseen?

ballistic
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
we all know he jacked the axe puzzles beat from this album, and then it just occurred to me, Say Hello echoes Bad Character pretty strongly. "they say that i'm a bad character" becomes "say hello to the bad guy". maybe this is a reach, but it seems possible.

DUMBO
01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
why don't you ask him?

DUMBO
01-11-2008, 09:51 PM
...instead of asking us.

ballistic
01-12-2008, 02:19 AM
yeah...

LiquidWordz
01-12-2008, 05:11 AM
I doubt Jay knows who Madlib is, and if he did, I doubt he'd care enough to try and bite him. He didn't jack the axe puzzles beat, whoever produced that track just used the same sample. The producers might've tried to bite Madlib, but I doubt Jay actually knew that sample had been used before.

As for Say Hello, that's a line from scarface, "Say Hello to the bad guy".

Jamal Noor
01-12-2008, 06:01 AM
I doubt Jay knows who Madlib is, and if he did, I doubt he'd care enough to try and bite him. He didn't jack the axe puzzles beat, whoever produced that track just used the same sample. The producers might've tried to bite Madlib, but I doubt Jay actually knew that sample had been used before.

As for Say Hello, that's a line from scarface, "Say Hello to the bad guy".

its actually say goodnight to the bad guy, its say hello to my little friend

and offcourse jay knows who madlib is...dont forget jays still a hip hop head

ballistic
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
yeah, i know he didnt literally jack it, it was the producer...just my way of saying it. but Jay may have suggested it himself, who knows? it's a shot in the dark, just something i wanted to put out there.