PDA

View Full Version : Government Cheese

NIGHT MAYOR
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
whats the deal, me and my mate were talking about it today and its a realy wierd thing when you think about it. How and where do you get this cheese, is it apart of the welfare system where you have to be poor to get it ? what qauntity does it come in ? 1kg what ? i bet its shit - is it old english ? chedda ? matured ? do the cows that produce the cheese wear uniforms ? give me the low down you broke mofo's:mmmyah:

Pleasedontrap
01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Good, though outdated, question. Government cheese was a term used to describe American processed cheese given out to welfare recipients during the Reagan administration (roughly 1980-1988).

Today, recipients of WIC (Women, Infants, Children) get coupons for normal cheese. Trust me, it's good! I have more cheese than I can eat in my house, and I love cheese. Thank you, government!

dezmond
01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
It was also full of experimental mind control drug goodness - part of silent weapons...

TAURO
01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Why cheese?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I used to love govt. cheese.

Pleasedontrap
01-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Why cheese?

Good question. It's important to note that cheese wasn't the only product being distributed. Butter was another common product. The intent was two-fold: One, cheese is a calorie-rich and fat-rich food product with regard to weight. You could ship it and keep more people alive for cheaper. Two, the cheese was make from food surpluses stocked by government to keep the demand for milk high and therefore to keep the dairy farms able to make a profit.

Interestingly, the cheese had to be made of Kosher products--but not halal! Public Enemy, Professor Griff, where you at?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-12-2008, 08:35 PM
thanks that cleared alot of things up.