PDA

View Full Version : How Important Were The Beastie Boys To Hip Hop ??

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 09:14 AM
no really...now that im 32 ..

Run Dmc 's Rasing Hell & Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill were the 2 biggest "BREAKTHROUGH" records in the late 80's

how many acts do you think Licensed To Ill (1986) actually influenced...

I know one for sure was N.W.A. theres an Eazy E (r.i.p) qoute somewhere about how they actually changed the whole game .

nd guess who was the first act to break away from major labels and start their own (Grand Royal)

every rapper now how there own label it seems ....Shady Records , Rockafella etc etc ..

heres some early Beastie Boy footage from a movie made by Run Dmc called Tougher Then Leather for you young kids out there lol..

Beastie boys - Desperado (yo how do put youtube posts up without a link to click?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bww0bNNipNI

LoL @ Russell Simmions asking bitches to go and "do the wild thing back @ my Castle) haha

the good ol' dayz.

Big Up Beastie Boys.

lets see the hate..

:D

Rame
01-13-2008, 09:17 AM
[youtube] letters at the end of the url : bww0bNNipNI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bww0bNNipNI) [/youtube ] Without the space.

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
shit lol..i almost got it i think .

begongo
01-13-2008, 09:24 AM
I think Beastie Boys are just as important to Hip Hop as Run DMC are

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 09:27 AM
you any chance anyone can post the link and explain to me how to do that ...please and thx you

begongo
01-13-2008, 09:55 AM
bww0bNNipNI

oDoUoSoKo
01-13-2008, 11:11 AM
IMO. very....because Paul's Boutique is similar to It takes a nation in terms of the sample usage....and they always brought a sense of humor to everything...and surprisingly (or not) a sense of hip hop to WHATEVER they do.

rasoul36
01-13-2008, 11:23 AM
very very very important-

http://static.motor.de/bilder/0ebe1129c35bfb7e4893ffd0d0f4a37f.jpg

Chief 'Broom
01-13-2008, 11:34 AM
In order for white people to break into the hip hop scene, they needed a sense of humor - how could you be mad at them if they don't take themselves seriously?

same thing with eminem - he needed to act crazy to be accepted, how could you argue with a person who doesn't give a fuck?

now eminem is confused and beastie boys are too old to be rapping (something about seeing white men with white hair rapping isn't right), they still both go down in history as far as changing hip hop

Lilgo_Bo
01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
The Beasties are the best!!! on the present, them never puts stupid bitches, stupid jewels or expensive cars on their videos!!!

They got all the respect!!!

(P.D: sorry 4 my bad english.. but isn't my native lenguage) haha

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 11:52 AM
WoW! look at all the luv for the Beastie Boys

im a little surprised...

the White factor is always a fator with them for some reason ...but why? were going back over 20 years here

music is music...its kind of like sayin whats Jimi Hendrix doing picking up a guitar??

also ...and i know from experience The BBoys are arguable THE BEST act live..

with THe #1 Dj in the Game MixMaster Mike.

they paved they way for alot of people in the game

BUT

there is ONE more legend before them that they will give credit too, that NEVER gets enough respect.

SCHOOLY D

:)

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 11:53 AM
bww0bNNipNI

Word thx Begongo

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 11:59 AM
The Beasties are the best!!! on the present, them never puts stupid bitches, stupid jewels or expensive cars on their videos!!!

They got all the respect!!!

(P.D: sorry 4 my bad english.. but isn't my native lenguage) haha

ya i was gonna get to this..you know know that i have a mp3 and dl alot of different artists..old school and present.

sometimes i was listen to Kurupt..sometime GangStarr, N.W.A. or Common

but one thing i must say about them..they never fronted on anything but what they were..which was lets party have a good time and positive messages..

sometimes i get sick of the shoot em up shit.

they got their own true style..

no one will ever take that away from them

Chief 'Broom
01-13-2008, 12:06 PM
the White factor is always a fator with them for some reason ...but why? were going back over 20 years here

music is music...its kind of like sayin whats Jimi Hendrix doing picking up a guitar??that's a good point - but it was a major issue and i am aware of it cuz i grew up in their era - jimi hendrix on the other hand, i don't know what common people said about him being black so i just look at his music

i'm just saying, i don't necessarily look at the white thing as an issue, but i know it was

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
ya i know what your sayin ' but the bottom line is...talent is talent and music is music .

this guys made more money for Russell Simmons then any other act...and they got punked by Def Jam and bounced to Capitol

heres one I luv off Pauls Boutique Live aswell

SHADRACH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFolUn88q-o

DJMethods
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
This important <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chief 'Broom
01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
ya i know what your sayin ' but the bottom line is...talent is talent and music is music .agreed, tony bandana

Tony Bandana
01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
^^^^

word thx,..

peace

Tecknowledgist
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Honestly, I can say with the utmost confidence that they are the ONLY group in hip-hop history who have never changed around the game. Their beats, lyrics, videos and everything have been consistent since day one. I listened to their Solid Gold greatest hits album and you literally cannot tell what is from 1989 and what is from 2005 (if you didnt know better). It's crazy.

Check out their "Awesome...I Fuckin Shot That" DVD sometime. The set with Dougie Fresh was awesome

Not to mention they have the best music videos I have ever seen. I still can't watch the video for Intergalactic or Ch-Check it out without laughing. So fucikin funny

J-DON
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I didnt like to The 5 Buroughs but every other album is really great.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
dope fucking group. seriously influential. at 4 years old i looked at them standing next to run-dmc and any thought that "rap is only black people's music" completely left my mind

and btw, To The 5 Boroughs is fucking sick, if that shit had dropped in 89, well, not like they could get any bigger, but that certainly would have done it. i like most of their albums overall, they did kinda slack a bit in the last few years but like i said, ...Boroughs is dope

benzo
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
They were one of the biggest crossover acts EVER once they blew. Seriously influential IMO. I dig all their shit but TT5B was dissapointing to me. I'm glad they switched it up again on the new one.

P-Noid Brown
01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
the beasties are just as important as any other group. considering when they came out... and how good their material was... Beasties are the shit point blank.

swizz-chef
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
cool, there we have the same opinion tonyyyyyyyy boy =)

tragedykhadafi12
01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
beastie boys were real important to hip hop. Beastie boys were the shit, they still are.

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Beastie boys are one of the best and most important groups in music ever, you know? They get a lion's share of credit for bringing hip-hop into mainstream consciousness.