PDA

View Full Version : Tell the truth now!!

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Have you ever heard a whack ass stereotypical radio rap song that you are embarrased to say you like?? This is mine.

The complete opposite of the Wu-Tang Clan, this track has the word MAINSTREAM written all over it, but you can't deny it, this is a fuckin cool ass song. My speakers slap the shit out of it.

M1jUCPdvA40

Straight out of Oakland, CA. The track is Young & The Restless - "Can I Bang You" ft. The Pack.

Anyone else got a rap song they are embarrased to say they like?

Hollow Dartz
01-13-2008, 03:49 PM
LOL I heard this, my friend is a pack fan.

JRoll
Does music always have to have some fucked up dance that goes with it now all the time? And I say music becuause this is not even a genre it's bullshit. What happened to just spitting rhymes and not looking like a fucking faggot while doing it?

Exodus
I like a lot of mainstream songs

I'm currently trying to find this song I've been hearing on the radio lately from Young Jeezy

I can't find anything online about him having a new single out, but I know it's him (voice, subject matter, lyrical complexity, etc.)

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-13-2008, 03:56 PM
And I say music becuause this is not even a genre it's bullshit. What happened to just spitting rhymes and not looking like a fucking faggot while doing it?
Believe it or not, this is HIP-HOP, as crazy and ridiculous as it looks, this is HIP-HOP.

It may not be what most of the people on the WU forum like, but it's hip-hop. Hip-hop takes a new direction every 5 years or so, this is the direction it just happened to take this time....

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
01-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I like a lot of mainstream songs but this is wack..

JRoll
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Believe it or not, this is HIP-HOP, as crazy and ridiculous as it looks, this is HIP-HOP.

It may not be what most of the people on the WU forum like, but it's hip-hop. Hip-hop takes a new direction every 5 years or so, this is the direction it just happened to take this time....

Well maybe it has a little in their, but I'm gonna consider it rap.

Rame
01-14-2008, 02:13 AM
I like some of the radio music, but this is a bunch of crap.

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Interesting, all of the shit posted here is to me totally unlistenable. Oh well, to each according to his needs.

So, these are a couple of songs I gotta admit I just can't stop listening to, even if I hate every single thing in them:

wLi-LJAofm4

2l44IN813HA

NIGHT MAYOR
01-14-2008, 04:47 AM
i have cut all pop music out of my life, club shit is all i hear and im normaly blasted in the club so im not realy listening to the music, i used to catch myself liking some bubble gum shit back in the day tho.

begongo
01-14-2008, 07:00 AM
emperorles, I think the song is simply ridiculous but I'm not sayin you a faggot for liking it

I also had trouble distinguishing some of the dancers' genders

TAURO
01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I don't even know what is popular now. I suppose I liked 50 cents window shopper joint, I liked that.

Rame
01-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Dipset (Juelz) has some good tracks.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Make it Rain & Go Getta

i LOVE both them shits

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I like some 50 Cent & G-Unit shit...But they wouldn't be shit without Dre on the boards...Dre is the king of beats, hands down....

All them other videos on this thread are terrible...

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Was. I said it around 500 times - he ain't done a really good beat in almost two years

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Was. I said it around 500 times - he ain't done a really good beat in almost two years
Who you talkin about?? Dr. Dre?....THE DR.DRE? You must be livin under a rock, kid. Name me ONE whack Dre beat that he's made within the past 2 years...

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
You want wack beats? Okay, here U go.

* Busta Rhymes feat. Q-Tip & Marsha - Get You Some
* Busta Rhymes feat. Missy Elliott - How We Do It Over Here (I thought he hit the rock bottom with this shit, but he always manages to surprise me)
* Busta Rhymes - Legend of the Fall Offs (jacked - note 1)
* Jay-Z feat. Chrisette Michelle - Lost Ones
* Jay-Z - 30 Something
* Jay-Z feat. Ne-Yo - Minority Report
* Snoop Dogg feat. Akon - Boss Life (jacked)
* Snoop Dogg - Round Here (jacked)
* Snoop Dogg feat. Dr. Dre - Imagine
* Stat Quo - Get Low
* Young Buck - U Ain't Goin' Nowhere
* 50 Cent feat. Dr. Dre - Come & Go
* 50 Cent feat. Young Buck - Fire (that's wackest Dre beat ever, hands down)

The only two aight (not so good I'd fall on my ass) Dre beats I heard in the last two years were Don't Get Carried Away by Busta feat. Nas and Trouble by Jay.

Note 1. You know a producer is falling off when he starts jacking his own beats. Watch this. Listen to "Rain Man", "Mosh" and "Legend of the Fall Offs" and you'll notice they are all same beat with minor variations.

And to think only a lil' bit more than two years ago he was making beats like remix for Outta Control.

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
theres lots of "commercial" songs I enjoy, and some i feel are a steaming pile of shit. one song i enjoy off the top of my head, Snoop Dogg - Candy